Question about demon to sage conversion

DoomKaiser - Harshlands
DoomKaiser - Harshlands Posts: 155 Arc User
edited May 2010 in General Discussion
I was wondering if anyone had any official information on this. I have read the patch preview but it doesn't really say anything about converting your previously learned skills to the opposite path. All i have to go on is hearsay and would love it if someone could point me in a right direction. I have almost all my Demon cleric skills and learned that i play like a sage cleric so i am interesting in the info, i just even think twice if I would lose my demon skills, I almost have them all. Please helpb:surrender
Your doubt is our powerb:thanks
Post edited by DoomKaiser - Harshlands on

Comments

• Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I was wondering if anyone had any official information on this. I have read the patch preview but it doesn't really say anything about converting your previously learned skills to the opposite path. All i have to go on is hearsay and would love it if someone could point me in a right direction. I have almost all my Demon cleric skills and learned that i play like a sage cleric so i am interesting in the info, i just even think twice if I would lose my demon skills, I almost have them all. Please helpb:surrender

You will most likely lose all your lvl 11 skills, unless there is a cash shop item similar to Chienkun stones that will let you transfer your lvl 11 skills over, but I highly doubt it.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    Egaenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    some1 posted b4 saying, yes u need to do few quest to be able to convert or something, u have to have ur 3rd fairy to start with, after some cash shop items, and after that go into some instance to farm special mats for u to convert. once u covert to sage, all ur skills, notice ALL your skills will reset to lvl 10 b:thanks have fun buy all ur books again
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"wink wink"
  • DoomKaiser - Harshlands
    DoomKaiser - Harshlands Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    ^^^That is an epic waste of time and money if its true. Demon Cleric skills are very expensive, It would still be cheaper to do the emoWDF way.b:cry
    Your doubt is our powerb:thanks
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    Egaenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    b:chuckle im too lazy to dig the post out for u :P

same as the noob post about demon spark nuf thingy.. lol every 2nd day some noob will scream omg omg omg dont nurf demon spark, if they just search for a post and read the post.. they will know it will never happen.

i think wat we need is a post there to clear all the rumors b:thanks

oh i heared u can use those special ur farm out for special clothes or something, some1 told me in the game.. so i cant dig that out :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"wink wink"
  • xxunseenspecxx
    xxunseenspecxx Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    You will most likely lose all your lvl 11 skills, unless there is a cash shop item similar to Chienkun stones that will let you transfer your lvl 11 skills over, but I highly doubt it.

Don't give them any ideas.

Upcoming Patch Preview:
    Demon/Sage Skill Transfer Stones added to Cash Shop! 50 gold per stone. 5 stones to transfer 1 skill.

b:cryb:cryb:cry

Let the rumors begin!
    Guild History:
    Unlimited [retired guild]
    Conqueror [retired guild]
    BloodLusT [FAIL OF EPIC PROPORTIONZ/retired guild]
    RageQuit [retired guild]

Current Guild:
    Wouldn't you like to know?

Current Status:
    Been jumping rooftops in ADC for the past year and a half<3
    Actively PvP'ing foramz style b:cute
  • Olivassin - Heavens Tear
    Olivassin - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Don't give them any ideas.

Upcoming Patch Preview:
    Demon/Sage Skill Transfer Stones added to Cash Shop! 50 gold per stone. 5 stones to transfer 1 skill.

b:cryb:cryb:cry

Let the rumors begin!

Mhh... this could be possible... look at this chinese page:
    http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http://event50.wanmei.com/w2i/201003/unbounded/zhuanhuan.htm&sl=auto&tl=en
    They talk about how sage/demon conversion works, and there's 2 CS items =/

notice: GMs say that CN may be different from PWI, and it's true
  • Linwiz - Lost City
    Linwiz - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http://event50.wanmei.com/w2i/201003/unbounded/zhuanhuan.htm&sl=auto&tl=en

Sigh PWI is just the English version of PW-CN we have always gotten everything they have, GMs at PWE have no say in what is added or not, and 99% of the time they dont even know what is in the patches
    edited May 2010
    Sigh PWI is just the English version of PW-CN we have always gotten everything they have, GMs at PWE have no say in what is added or not, and 99% of the time they dont even know what is in the patches

there's still 1% of chance they don't :P

Like that multiclienting thing, that CN said you can multiclient up to 6 and GMs here said they'll never allow multiclienting :-P
  • ShadowsWrath - Heavens Tear
    ShadowsWrath - Heavens Tear Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    there's still 1% of chance they don't :P

Like that multiclienting thing, that CN said you can multiclient up to 6 and GMs here said they'll never allow multiclienting :-P

lol That true but if its a CS item on PW-CN then they will not make it " free " here.

Best you can hope for is they give all TB over 89 a " free " non-tradable stone to swap once if needed. Since the Demon/Sage skills taking soooo long to come out is the makers fault not the players.
    A bit like what they did with Genie resets but this would be TB only.
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Why would you want to convert if you spent that much money on the skills in the first place? Jesus....those converting must either not have that great of skills, or they're just swimming in coin.

Sssssh, don't say TB only......You'll pull forum aggro! .-.
  • SaintDominic - Sanctuary
    SaintDominic - Sanctuary Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited May 2010

b:chuckle I luv this
  • MurderPriest - Harshlands
    MurderPriest - Harshlands Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    "Skills Conversion Description: Fairy Magic converted the exception of certain skills will be automatically converted to the corresponding My comprehension skills, all the other sen (magic) skills will all be restored to normal before the fairy magic skills, skills. Skill level is 10. Less than 10 ordinary skill level, will retain the original level unchanged. Players need to learn new converted comprehension for the fairy magic skills. "

Well, this seems pretty clear to me. Basically, the only people that get use from this are people who misclicked at 89 and never moved on, or Tideborn who made their decision before skill release.

Annoying, but that's how it rolls.
  • WWGD - Sanctuary
    WWGD - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2010

The second item is a mirage box that could contain 10, 20, or 50 mirages. The first item is the boutique item required for sage/demon conversion. No mention of boutique item to transfer skills.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Well, this seems pretty clear to me. Basically, the only people that get use from this are people who misclicked at 89 and never moved on, or Tideborn who made their decision before skill release.

Annoying, but that's how it rolls.

I thought you need 3rd fairy, so you have to be level 100.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
    edited May 2010
    The second item is a mirage box that could contain 10, 20, or 50 mirages. The first item is the boutique item required for sage/demon conversion. No mention of boutique item to transfer skills.

mhh ok ty vm for clarifying :D
  • Gasoline - Lost City
    Gasoline - Lost City Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Why would you want to convert if you spent that much money on the skills in the first place? Jesus....those converting must either not have that great of skills, or they're just swimming in coin.

Because contrary to popular beliefs: Demon and Sage is not 100% balanced for certain classes just as how all the classes aren't really balanced in pvp either.

I know a bunch of clueless nubs, specially on these forums, just loves to claim everything in this videogame is balanced, but those that played PWI for a while knows better lol.

There are also many players that made a rather expensive mistake and picked the weaker path at 89, so for them this is a far cheaper option than to level up a new char to 99+ again to get the "right culti".
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    There are also many players that made a rather expensive mistake and picked the weaker path at 89, so for them this is a far cheaper option than to level up a new char to 99+ again to get the "right culti".

Yeah, the classes that want to change their culti the most (excluding TBs lol) are Sage BMs and Archers.
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    some1 posted b4 saying, yes u need to do few quest to be able to convert or something, u have to have ur 3rd fairy to start with, after some cash shop items, and after that go into some instance to farm special mats for u to convert. once u covert to sage, all ur skills, notice ALL your skills will reset to lvl 10 b:thanks have fun buy all ur books again

I don't keep up, and I'm uninformed. But I'm lvl 96 and don't have a 2nd "fairy". Got my first at level 89. I would imagine lvl 99 or 100 you would get a second but 105 is totally end game... at what level would you get a 3rd?
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    You get the first fairy at 89, the second at 99, and the third at 100.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    It's all speculation at this point; we'll let you know when there's more concrete information on the subject.
    edited May 2010
    Because contrary to popular beliefs: Demon and Sage is not 100% balanced for certain classes just as how all the classes aren't really balanced in pvp either.

I know a bunch of clueless nubs, specially on these forums, just loves to claim everything in this videogame is balanced, but those that played PWI for a while knows better lol.

We all also have different styles of game play. Just like some people like TW and some don't. Some might want power for their character and others might want survivability. Which seems to be one of the biggest differences in sage/demon. I know demon barbs, I know sage barbs. I like both. I know demon bm's and I know sage bms both are good in squads. Its all according to a persons likes/dislikes and their game play style.
    Yeah, the classes that want to change their culti the most (excluding TBs lol) are Sage BMs and Archers.

I went sage Archer and haven't looked back. Knowing I would NOT be able to afford hardly any of my culti skills I chose sage. The benefit it had above demon for me was enough to tilt me that direction. My play style is different than most. I don't TW, I don't PK and I don't PVP. What other people say doesn't make it right or wrong, as long as you are happy with your choice
    edited May 2010
    You get the first fairy at 89, the second at 99, and the third at 100.

Hmm.. thnx for the information, I was unaware. I just made 97 a bit ago.. my goal is way surpassed.. but what are the fairies good for?
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    lvl 99 fairy is needed for lvl 99 sage/demon skills (barrage,deadly,storm rage, sharptooth) (lvl 99 fairy is way easy to get)
    lvl 100 fairy/culti is needed for lvl 100 skills (awaken, blood vow[the ones that need 20 chrono pages])(lvl 100 fairy requires access to moonshade[4th past/oht/chrono map], and a good bit of quests)
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    The fairy doesn't do anything really. The cultivation level you get with it let's you learn more skills, as Mosz said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    fairy 100 is a pain to get full gv/rebirth is needed to get moonshade 4th map b:surrender
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    you dont play like a cleric, you play like a wizard.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    I went sage Archer and haven't looked back. Knowing I would NOT be able to afford hardly any of my culti skills I chose sage. The benefit it had above demon for me was enough to tilt me that direction. My play style is different than most. I don't TW, I don't PK and I don't PVP. What other people say doesn't make it right or wrong, as long as you are happy with your choice

I never meant that Archers and BMs should be Demon. I might go Sage as a BM myself. I just meant that I know some Sage BMs (mostly fist) and Archers who want to change.