Manufacturing equipment

Pluc - Heavens Tear
Pluc - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
I would like to make my own equipment. I'd like a walkthrough please? What I wanna craft is staff or magic sword and arcane robes for my venomancer. What to do?

Ps. Level 27 at the moment with about 100k coins.. :S
Post edited by Pluc - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    If you did all your quests in the early lvls, you should already have manufacturing skills (they come from quests you get at lvl 5 and require you to gather a few mats, depending on which one your doing). With these, you go to one of the four types of merchants that have the features for crafting (blacksmith for weapons, tailor for armor, craftsman for ornaments, and apothecary for special pots and powders). Then you need to select the option for "manufacture ________". You'll see a list of things you can craft, and the materials you need to make them. Just gather up all those mats, go to the npc, and hit the craft button. What you get will be random though. You can get an incredibly amazing piece of equipment, or a piece of junk.

As you craft, you'll gain experience towards getting the next level skill, which you can buy at any elder. As you level up your crafting skill, you'll be able to make higher level stuff. At your level, you'll need to get to lvl 2 at very least to make stuff for your level, so you'll probably have to go back to your starting city to gather mats and make enough gears to upgrade the skills. Good luck!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Also, when you hit lvl 3, make sure to craft the correct items for the lvl 4 quest, not just "random lvl 3 **** where I have most of the materials". You need to present (or even hand in, don't know yet) a specific set of items to be allowed to get to lvl 4. Same for some later levels.

Also, making ammunition does NOT give you experience. Don't bother, unless you're making arrows to actually shoot them :-)

Be aware that the item descriptions don't say anything about the alchemy level needed to make them. Check the recipies at the NPCs to learn that. In particular, even though your items are "level 1", "level 2" and so on, this is NOT the alchemy level.

If all goes well, you need to make 10 items for one level. There's a failure chance, though.

Check the various databases such as this one to find which monsters drop what material. The difficulty of the PW alchemy system is getting the monster drops --- these have a very low droprate, and trying to get lower level drops at higher levels doesn't exactly speed up things. The harvestables are quite trivial, fixed locations and fixed "droprate", you just need to collect them. Recipies don't exist, they are built into the NPCs.
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
  • hopaqo
    hopaqo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Also, when you hit lvl 3, make sure to craft the correct items for the lvl 4 quest, not just "random lvl 3 **** where I have most of the materials". You need to present (or even hand in, don't know yet) a specific set of items to be allowed to get to lvl 4. Same for some later levels.

Can you plz further explain this. Are we given the list what to craft to reach L4 manuf, or we have to figure out ourselves. Basically how would we know what items to make and what not. I'm nearly L3 so thx for the advance warning :)

Yes making arrows don't give any experience but come in handy :)

hopaqo
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    If you're level 50 you can get the quests and look up the items yourself, if you're not lvl 50... the items are fixed, and can be looked up in any quest guide such as this one.

Note that the items are listed as "2 star", so 0 or 1 stars don't count. While that would make sense in the real world (if you want to be a master of something, you better be able to make decent quality) it's just luck and a waste of time (to collect materials) in a game. But that's just the way it is :-(
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
  • Sangodoc - Dreamweaver
    Sangodoc - Dreamweaver Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    hopaqo wrote: »
    Are we given the list what to craft to reach L4 manuf, or we have to figure out ourselves. Basically how would we know what items to make and what not. I'm nearly L3 so thx for the advance warning :)
    They will tell you what you need to make for level 4 crafting skills, and it's the same every time. See the Crafting entry in the PWI wiki, and it lists what you need for each skill and skill level.
  • Pluc - Heavens Tear
    Pluc - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Thank you all for the great replies. I figured out that I just had to get the ingredients listed in the crafting window thing, if you see what I mean.
    Anyways, thanks! :D