confused about the drop rate in FB51

Options
Yulk - Heavens Tear
Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
edited May 2010 in The Crafting Nook
I am confused about the drop rate about gale dual hammers, I checked database and it said roughly 17%, but when I checked , it was like 1% drop rate . I have a feeling its 1%. I am not sure about the actual drop rate.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
Post edited by Yulk - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    "The database" (which one?)... first of all, droprate also depends on level difference. Second, I don't trust these droprate numbers at all --- I do, however, still assume that the relative order is ok (so I prefer grinding on stuff that's on top of the list, ignoring stuff I don't like and possibly taking level differences into account).

The item you mentioned is somewhat interesting, though. The database I use doesn't even list any droppers for these, but it lists a "mold" that's exclusively dropped by some boss in Secret Frostcover Grounds --- with a droprate of 1.2%. So if you ARE talking about that mold, maybe you should consider the database that said 17% to be **** :-)
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    1% sounds more likely to me. I've done hundreds of 51 runs on various characters of varying levels and have never seen one drop.

On the other hand, the mold is moderately cheap, if you are in a hurry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Anri_Rose - Archosaur
    Anri_Rose - Archosaur Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ir onicly i just had a bh in 51 where wyvern dropped TWO molds at once like Holy smokes
    i got neither of course :(
    molds were pants of dragonscale and neck of legion
    Where have all the mages gone. Long time casting.
    Who altered my siggy im
    kinda scared b:shocked
  • Nannako - Lost City
    Nannako - Lost City Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    probably closer to 1%. Have run fb 51 many many many many times b:surrender but have only had Gale Dual Hammers drop once. However have had pants of dragon scales and necklace of legion drop a few times.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Mold drop rates are something that you shouldn't even try to understand. While the "real" drop rate could be 17%, it can also be almost anything between 1% and 20%. PWDB isn't always right, and there is very little info where those drop rates come from.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.