Best Class for PVP??

Options
oliedaking
oliedaking Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Arigora Colosseum
Im currently an archer which im starting to have doubts about because people are commenting on how it sucks end game, have i made the right choice for PVP?

when i look at things, i hate wizards because of slow casting times, assasins because there useless without stuns (which can be removed), psychics (idk i swear i never even see them pvp), clerics because there very squishy and just genrally suck at pvp, barbs i dont really have a problem with except i hate that class because you have to chase people round (annoying if you get stunned from a distance), blademasters i havent seen very much in pvp but they seem a little below average, venos rely on pets and there best move is bleed with a nix which can be removed(imo). so then theres archers which all have direct skills which are average speed with high damage but have such low hp and defence if they make one slip up there usualy dead..

which class is the best b:cry?
Post edited by oliedaking on

Comments

• Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    oliedaking wrote: »

I don't PvP, but I suggest playing a GM. They are a little hard to level, which is why you don't see a lot of them ingame, but they basically own everything at high levels.

There's also a prophecy that these are the only ones that can end the war eventually.
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
  • oliedaking
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I don't PvP, but I suggest playing a GM.

BM?

I already have a lvl 75 archer b:sad
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    The best class is the one funded by the credit card.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • XKayla - Archosaur
    XKayla - Archosaur Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    For this game? The gentleman above me gives you the best answer
  • oliedaking
    edited May 2010
    Options
    For this game? The gentleman above me gives you the best answer

wow thats real helpful guys, next time i might ask a monkey instead i might get a more useful response.

It seems to me on the scoreboards wizards and archers are equal footing for best pvp class for most kills.

kill/death ratio barbs, venos and archers seem to be equal

Therfore i conclude archers are best pvp class in the long run for both kill/death ratio and highest kills while no other class seems to be drawing top for both.
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    RADD_RATT - Harshlands Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ok well if you want an honest answer ill give you my 2 cents. i have a lvl 88 archer and a 99 sin. lets start withe archer....i wish i could remember who told me the archer was the best pvper so i can strangle them. when they get close to end game they are just to damn squishy. they have one shield that barely even counts as a shield and they wear light armor which is no doubt the worst armor in the game. i do know a couple of 100 archers that are just about gods in PvP but if you want to be one of them i hope you have a fat wallet.

my sin, <3! yay i love bein stealth and one shotting people. they also wear light armor but the thing is youre not constantly being attacked. the only classes that give me any problems at all are barbs and BMs. and even they are not impossible.

now to answer your question. my vote would probly be a wiz. when you get to end game they have quite a bit more p def then archers and way more m def. they also deal moster magic damage so lets think about that for a second. the 2 classes that have a lot of HP are both HA classes. you so can hit them hard as ****. now all the arcane classes have almost nothing for HP. so even though you dont hit them as hard, you dont have as much hp to bring down. the only class i think that truley dominates the wiz is the sin.
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    wow thats real helpful guys, next time i might ask a monkey instead i might get a more useful response.

It seems to me on the scoreboards wizards and archers are equal footing for best pvp class for most kills.

kill/death ratio barbs, venos and archers seem to be equal

Therfore i conclude archers are best pvp class in the long run for both kill/death ratio and highest kills while no other class seems to be drawing top for both.

PvP boards mean NOTHING. Honestly, all that shows is who has spent the most time killing lower-leveled people. Plus I don't even think they've been updated in months.

And the best answer truly is the class that spends the most money on the game. High refines and event equipment by far outweigh skill and class.
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    the only class i think that truley dominates the wiz is the sin.

Sins were made to balance wizards? b:chuckle
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • StUfFeD_uP - Heavens Tear
    StUfFeD_uP - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Wizards are definitely dominant at end game, because of their extremely hardhitting skills.
  • oliedaking
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Alright im thinking of switching to wizard or sin but i really cant decide, im still tempted to stay with my archer.

do wizards have stuns and faster skills at higher levels - what kind of hp do they have, what build should i do?

ive ruled out choosing a sin now because i hate having to chase people in pvp.
  • AeonieX - Heavens Tear
    AeonieX - Heavens Tear Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Alright im thinking of switching to wizard or sin but i really cant decide, im still tempted to stay with my archer.

do wizards have stuns and faster skills at higher levels?

Why don't you make one and check the skill tree for yourself? b:laugh
    AeonieX - Hybrid Vit Veno 6x
    HarmieX - Pure Mag Psychic 6x
    KyraneiX - Axe/Fist BM 4x
    KyranthoX - Axe Barb 2x
    KyyranthoX - Hybrid Cleric 2x
    AskariX - Pure Dex Assassin 2x
    KyraneiiX - Pure Dex Archer 0x
    AeoniiX - Pure Mag Wizard 0x
  • oliedaking
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Comon guys, im deciding beetween archer or wizard for end game PVP. my main concern is now sins which would have better survivability to them?
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    If you repeatedly blame your failures on the weaknesses of your class, instead of learning how to overcome them, you will suck no matter what class you play.

If you ask here on the forums, you'll never get one, concise answer.

Play the game and seek the answers you wish to know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • oliedaking
    edited May 2010
    Options
    If you repeatedly blame your failures on the weaknesses of your class, instead of learning how to overcome them, you will suck no matter what class you play.

If you ask here on the forums, you'll never get one, concise answer.

Play the game and seek the answers you wish to know.

some classes have less weaknesses than others im trying to figure that out. some classes just do, do better at pvp too there not all equal.

im not blaming my failures on my class, im asking which would have less failures end game in pvp.
  • BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear
    BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

Lol if you want decent answers stop asking darn stupid questions....don't bother with monkeys, they will laugh at you for such a question.

Hell if there was such thing as a best pvp class every pvper would play it. As you can see they don't. Use ur damn brain(if you have one) and play the class you feel comfortable with. With good gear and a good player, every class can be good a pvp. Hell even archers. yes they are darn strong(only have exp with demon tho). just sucking at defense but there are plently of possibilities to overcome that weakness.
    The more you pay for ur class, be it ingame money or rl $, the stronger it gets.
  • Sint - Harshlands
    Sint - Harshlands Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    if you're willing to play like a fail, and be known as a fail, go sin. LA doesnt really matter since you can chicken about under the cloak of your stealth, and since you can do pretty much anything while invisible, and you can build full chi in less than a minute, you will be facerolling anything other than heavies. You wont even need any kind of skill to do it. I'm fairly sure this alone will atract you. Sins are also fairly cheap to play. Unlike bms, who would have to put some actual money/effort into their character to get permanent demon spark and all the ridiculous concequences, sins can permaspark without needing to take out a mortgage on whatever you own.

if you dont want to be a loser, any other class will proabably do.
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    there is nothing better than human classes if you have ridiculous amount of cash
  • Kokki - Harshlands
    Kokki - Harshlands Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Yes sins are mostly played by people that have no skill to play other classes in PvP :P

* hears the flames coming from all those sins *

End game mass PvP = Wizard and barb. Wizard's aoe attacks and 20K+ HP armageddon

End game 1 vs 1 PvP = Archer and BM. with a little piece that goes to a SKILLED veno with nix.
    I'm famous! i'm on ecatomb
  • BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear
    BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    @ Sint.

Actually you aren't as informed as you think. Yes sins so far are OP , mainly because of sparkin and still remaining in stealth. Many QQed about that.
    But please don't make assumptions of ur kind.
    Sins are quite hard to play, lower lvl suxs even more than wizzis. They need great deal of control to use the skills. (not to mention that cooldown, channeling, skill duration is bugged for us)
    As for cheap. Did you even tried to do the math? Do you know what we have to get for 5dps?
    Do you know our pot cost at lower lvls?
    We have quite the problem with gear, mainly because LA is worse than the other two.
    So please stop making those assumptions.
    I really sounded like you got owned permanently by sins(prolly with uber gear) and now you think sins are fail and a faceroll char.
    I would assume you never played a sins, because otherwise you would think a bit different.
  • Futurelord - Dreamweaver
    Futurelord - Dreamweaver Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I am strangely offended by the lack of clerics being mentioned, a well b:cute equiped cleric who knows how and when to use their skills can survive pretty much anything. I myself have turned 1 shot attacks into nothing more then a bug bite with my shields.

P.S. Barbs with Charms and Crab Meat is Bannable! stop it!!!b:angry
    b:scorn...We are one, We are many, We are watching you...b:scorn
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Archers are only good in pvp if you can afford gear/refines thats far above average. Archers are kinda like class-cannons but without the cannon. So you will always suck in pvp unless you can afford at least +10 weapon.

Obviously all classes need good gear and cost money at higher lvls if you want a good char, but archers suffers far more from only having "decent gear" since they lack any form of natural defense due to skills and build. They also lack high dmg skills, skills that amps (unless you can afford Blood vow) or armor breaks + access to TE, which is why you need some pretty ridiculous weapon refines and maxed out crit.

Wizard is also a very gear-dependent class. When people say wizards rock endgame, they mean rich wizards. How ever a wizard with average gear/refines can still cause a lot of deaths in group pvp. But in terms of 1v1 even a 99+ wizard tends to get wrecked pretty fast unless you have a fat wallet.

Barb, veno + nix, assassin can perform very well in pvp with just regular +5 gear and +6 weapon or so. Archers with that low refines are just 1 shoots that cant kill anyone on same lvl b:surrender

If you want a class thats strong in pvp and specially 1v1, but wont cost a fortune to gear up i would say make an assassin. They hit very hard due to skills, they dont suffer as much from being 5 vit and LA-squishy either.
  • Luixo - Sanctuary
    Luixo - Sanctuary Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Archers are only good in pvp if you can afford gear/refines thats far above average. Archers are kinda like class-cannons but without the cannon. So you will always suck in pvp unless you can afford at least +10 weapon.

Obviously all classes need good gear and cost money at higher lvls if you want a good char, but archers suffers far more from only having "decent gear" since they lack any form of natural defense due to skills and build. They also lack high dmg skills, skills that amps (unless you can afford Blood vow) or armor breaks + access to TE, which is why you need some pretty ridiculous weapon refines and maxed out crit.

Wizard is also a very gear-dependent class. When people say wizards rock endgame, they mean rich wizards. How ever a wizard with average gear/refines can still cause a lot of deaths in group pvp. But in terms of 1v1 even a 99+ wizard tends to get wrecked pretty fast unless you have a fat wallet.

Barb, veno + nix, assassin can perform very well in pvp with just regular +5 gear and +6 weapon or so. Archers with that low refines are just 1 shoots that cant kill anyone on same lvl b:surrender

If you want a class thats strong in pvp and specially 1v1, but wont cost a fortune to gear up i would say make an assassin. They hit very hard due to skills, they dont suffer as much from being 5 vit and LA-squishy either.

Nice to know archers need more attention :(

I'm always poor, so I'll just stick with always being the worst archer ever b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • exent
    exent Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    To the OP...

Just by reading your answers.. it's easy to assume you don't have one bit of patience. My advice to you, don't play for the endgame, you'll never make it there.
  • Anchali - Heavens Tear
    Anchali - Heavens Tear Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Nice to know archers need more attention :(

I'm always poor, so I'll just stick with always being the worst archer ever b:pleased

the losers...standing small :((((((( i demand a expansion upgrading archers!! i seriously say we suck in pk. we are like the lame version of sins. we run but we cant hide.... sins are cheaters lol jk
    archer is awesome.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aradorn - Harshlands
    Aradorn - Harshlands Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    well sins are good and 1vs1 thats it, other then that they dont stand much of a chance.
    in order to be OP in this game, no mattar what class, u need to spend money.
    so its true that archers and wizzie's are the best two DD, but personally i prefer archer.
    even in end game i saw wizzie with +10 hh100 that took only half life from an archer with is water dragon+ extreme poison.b:shocked
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    well sins are good and 1vs1 thats it, other then that they dont stand much of a chance.
    in order to be OP in this game, no mattar what class, u need to spend money.
    so its true that archers and wizzie's are the best two DD, but personally i prefer archer.
    even in end game i saw wizzie with +10 hh100 that took only half life from an archer with is water dragon+ extreme poison.b:shocked

well, I know a few archers on DW that have around 18k HP buffed.

SO yeah, a BIDS canl hit an archer around 9k...about half of that HP. But that's not just ordinary archer. And believe me, if you put the same amount of cash into a wizard, any +10 bow will do loldmg.

on topic: best class in PvP? choose one of these:

visa/mastercard/paypal/Amex.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Szol - Harshlands
    Szol - Harshlands Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    if u want to be op in pvp and 1vs1 - there is 2 options : either cashshopped 5atk sec bm or 8jun mage/full event mage

2nd options rocks in tw alot more than first one

in the end kind of every class rocks with right gears

apart from that - choosing a class to be op in endgame is rather the worst decision to fund ur character on lmao

makes more sense to look into ur wallet now and choose then =)

if its empty DO NOT choose mage, bm , barb,cleric

stick with either a sin or a veno, esp 2nd one is not that hard to get some nice **** , as a nix and herc will bring u pretty far in this game atm

and most important of all , do not expect to be op in some month if u aint got somewhat around 500-1k cash lying around waiting to be spend on pixels
  • NPH - Harshlands
    NPH - Harshlands Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    if u want to be op in pvp and 1vs1 - there is 2 options : either cashshopped 5atk sec bm or 8jun mage/full event mage

2nd options rocks in tw alot more than first one

in the end kind of every class rocks with right gears

apart from that - choosing a class to be op in endgame is rather the worst decision to fund ur character on lmao

makes more sense to look into ur wallet now and choose then =)

if its empty DO NOT choose mage, bm , barb,cleric

stick with either a sin or a veno, esp 2nd one is not that hard to get some nice **** , as a nix and herc will bring u pretty far in this game atm

and most important of all , do not expect to be op in some month if u aint got somewhat around 500-1k cash lying around waiting to be spend on pixels

End game barb with 30k hp and 16k p-atk is quite nice also.
  • Sint - Harshlands
    Sint - Harshlands Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    @ Sint.

Actually you aren't as informed as you think. Yes sins so far are OP , mainly because of sparkin and still remaining in stealth. Many QQed about that.
    But please don't make assumptions of ur kind.
    Sins are quite hard to play, lower lvl suxs even more than wizzis. They need great deal of control to use the skills. (not to mention that cooldown, channeling, skill duration is bugged for us)
    As for cheap. Did you even tried to do the math? Do you know what we have to get for 5dps?
    Do you know our pot cost at lower lvls?
    We have quite the problem with gear, mainly because LA is worse than the other two.
    So please stop making those assumptions.
    I really sounded like you got owned permanently by sins(prolly with uber gear) and now you think sins are fail and a faceroll char.
    I would assume you never played a sins, because otherwise you would think a bit different.

1) have played sin.
    2) its a known fact: a sin can permaspark with no interval.
    3) when a sin my lvl (with normal gear, like my own) can faceroll me out of stealth, and no dmg log is forthcoming, i, and everyone else, facepalms and curses the devs.
    4) stealth > spark > harmony > 1shot does not require skill.
    5) do you hear other people whine about their running costs?
    6) do you see the archer av moron? perhaps you thought i'm a ha archer?

Also, gb2school, child
  • perfectwurld4lyf
    perfectwurld4lyf Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Im currently an archer which im starting to have doubts about because people are commenting on how it sucks end game, have i made the right choice for PVP?

when i look at things, i hate wizards because of slow casting times, assasins because there useless without stuns (which can be removed), psychics (idk i swear i never even see them pvp), clerics because there very squishy and just genrally suck at pvp, barbs i dont really have a problem with except i hate that class because you have to chase people round (annoying if you get stunned from a distance), blademasters i havent seen very much in pvp but they seem a little below average, venos rely on pets and there best move is bleed with a nix which can be removed(imo). so then theres archers which all have direct skills which are average speed with high damage but have such low hp and defence if they make one slip up there usualy dead..

i have just started using the 1887 i think they are better with full metal jacket over the well acclaimed akimbo, hope this helps