DQ item NPC sale price reduction

Options
Darksylph - Heavens Tear
Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
edited May 2010 in General Discussion
This isnt necessarily for this maint tonight, but..

upcoming patch preview
"The sell-to-NPC price of Dragon Quest Items lowered by 20%"

1st the 3* Mirage nerf, now this one. We knew it was coming from CN, but its BS.

Discuss.
Post edited by Darksylph - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    This isnt necessarily for this maint tonight, but..

upcoming patch preview
    "The sell-to-NPC price of Dragon Quest Items lowered by 20%"

1st the 3* Mirage nerf, now this one. We knew it was coming from CN, but its BS.

Discuss.

Use the official "lets complain about PW trying to do what players asked them to do and try to control inflation" thread that is a sticky.

So inb4lock
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2010
    Options
    b:cold

The poll thread only started an hour before i posted, but wasnt there on my last refresh so didnt see a topic was started...

b:surrender
  • XeLea - Lost City
    XeLea - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Use the official "lets complain about PW trying to do what players asked them to do and try to control inflation" thread that is a sticky.

So inb4lock

All I can ask is.. whoever in fcks name actually WANTED the price of DQ items (sell) to be droped by 20% needs to be drug out into the street and be stupid slapped over and over again for everyone to see! b:angry
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

So inb4lock

Shouldn't that be, "oh we screwed up by having countless unneeded 2x events to try and get more people playing, so now we'll just nerf selling prices" thread?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Shouldn't that be, "oh we screwed up by having countless unneeded 2x events to try and get more people playing, so now we'll just nerf selling prices" thread?

Hey, I was one of the people getting yelled at when I complained that 2x drop events would mess up the economy... so based on people's popular demands, which are:

1. Lets have more double drops and double exp
    AND
    2. PW needs to fix the inflation

I can only assume that the complaing we are seeing is "lets complain about PW doing what we ask them to do".
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Posted this in response on the other thread, but its buried already on page 6...

They are doing this in a lame attempt to control inflation. Yet another solution that doesnt understand the root of the problem. The extreme inflation start at the time of Anni packs.. from those damn 10k bank notes. You can trace posts i made from the 1st week of those saying i didnt even mind the gear so much but they REALLY need to remove those bank notes. Well they never did, inflation shot up, and they punish the grinders instead of the cash shoppers. Yet another way for PWE devs/marketters/executives (not GMs) to **** off their player base.

Players like the double-drop events.... then they complain about inflation... then PW talks about lowering the sell prices to offset inflation... then people complain about the lowering of the prices... then...

1. IF Pw does nothing, people will complain that PW is not doing anything to combat inflation
    2. IF PW does something like reduce the npc buy price, then people complain that now they will not be able to make as much money (which is exactly the purpose of this)

So, in the end, it really does not matter..... people will get upset no matter what.

1. PW does nothing to combat inflation.
    2. PW does the WRONG thing to combat inflation.

Of course they are upset. Dont get me wrong, i am against more 2x events. But read my above paragraph, they need to do the correct thing to combat inflation, but just like the -Int issue, they come up with bandaid solutions which dont address the situation properly & punish all the wrong people. PWE shouldnt do something just for the sake of doing something, but they instead need to take the correct actions, such as removing Bank note rewards & stopping the 2x events.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I'm assuming they will be reducing the coins that come from tokens of best luck, oracles, and chest of coins too.

Millions and millions of coin to cashshoppers, 20% less to people who earn coin actually playing the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Trust me Ice - I was right there with you speaking out against 2x events.

But in the end, it's their decision whether or not to have them.

I still doubt that this has anything to do with fixing inflation tho, even though I'm sure that's how they will tell the GMs to present it to us.

I still think this is coupled with their hilarious response to people hacking in PW-CN to get more 3*s.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I'm assuming they will be reducing the coins that come from tokens of best luck, oracles, and chest of coins too.

Millions and millions of coin to cashshoppers, 20% less to people who earn coin actually playing the game.

What they don't realize is they are slitting their own throat. The majority of cash shoppers do so to earn in game coins. When that in game coin cash flow stops, they will stop charging zen. When gold gets back down to 2-300k (assuming they don't slap another sale of packs on us)the cash shoppers who are used to getting 400k+ for 1 gold aren't going to be happy. This will cause them to either charge more gold to make what they was making.. or cause them to charge less gold b/c they are mad. Even if they charge more gold and put out there it will just further lower the gold price. However; a reduction in DQ Npc sales mean that less people out there will have the money to buy the gold at any cost.
    edited May 2010
    Options
    What they don't realize is they are slitting their own throat. The majority of cash shoppers do so to earn in game coins. When that in game coin cash flow stops, they will stop charging zen. When gold gets back down to 2-300k (assuming they don't slap another sale of packs on us)the cash shoppers who are used to getting 400k+ for 1 gold aren't going to be happy. This will cause them to either charge more gold to make what they was making.. or cause them to charge less gold b/c they are mad. Even if they charge more gold and put out there it will just further lower the gold price. However; a reduction in DQ Npc sales mean that less people out there will have the money to buy the gold at any cost.

Oh how i wish that were true, but the merchanters & pack recyclers seem to do the lion's share of the gold purchasing from the AH already. the grinder (DQ NPC sellers) have already been complaining (rightfully) for a long time that they can barely afford to buy much from the cash shop. Unfortunately it'll just put more gold control into CSer & Merchanters hands.
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Oh how i wish that were true, but the merchanters & pack recyclers seem to do the lion's share of the gold purchasing from the AH already. the grinder (DQ NPC sellers) have already been complaining (rightfully) for a long time that they can barely afford to buy much from the cash shop. Unfortunately it'll just put more gold control into CSer & Merchanters hands.

You mean gold recycling. Let me explain:

I know someone who buys all the gold in the auction house if it gets below a certain price. He then buys everything within 50k coins of that. He then puts it back up in the auction house at a higher price than he bought it at. People who have the coins/money to do this is what is ruining this economy.

Where do you suppose they are getting those types of coins? Cause trust me its not from dq drops or coins drops. They are getting that coinage from the cash shop selling their gold. But for pwi to do anything different would mess with their income (which we all know is astronomical). They aren't going to do that.

I was out grinding the other day, I got 14 coins for a drop (all alone). 14 coins... I thought.. are you serious? At level 96 I got 14 coins for a drop. There is something not right with that. Once you reach level 90 there should be NO MOB that drops less than 400 coins at a minimum. (level executed of course) 14 coins wouldn't even begin to make a repair bill or pay for pots, event food, charm etc from grinding.

As if the drops wasn't nerfed enough, now they are going to make it to where attaining any level above 90 and not being a cash shopper is pointless. x.x R.I.P. perfect world. :(
  • First_Time - Lost City
    First_Time - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Lowering DQ prices, means lowering the in-game coinage. In the long run it will result in lowering the prices of items in-game. Including gold at AH. It will just make it less appealing for CS'r in the long run and will benefit the non-CS'r. Most of the CS'rs buy packs and boutique items to sell, only few of them do it for gears. Of course it will not be noticeable in the beginning but give it a months time and see the benefit on the non-CS'r. Just be patient.
  • PunkinKatt - Heavens Tear
    PunkinKatt - Heavens Tear Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I think some of you have it a tad backwards.

Lowering the prices people SELL for does not reduce inflation. Less income, less purchasing

Lowering prices people BUY for lowers inflation and increases sales. win/win
    There's no such thing as a "Perfect World" full of Jade, diamonds, gold, and other riches and treasures. There is only an imperfect world, with an imperfect society, full of imperfect people, with imperfect idea's about how to be perfectly rich and perfectly perfect. No one cares about being perfectly kind, perfectly fair, or perfectly content.
    It's a perfectly sad world.
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    reducing dq sale = less money
    cs will stop buying gold until tehir current sale
    people will quit ( yup even more then since 1 year pak ) cs wont sale gold
    cs will not charge anymore gold
    cs will run out of money will quit
    game dead GG
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • Neurosis - Heavens Tear
    Neurosis - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    reducing dq sale = less money
    cs will stop buying gold until tehir current sale
    people will quit ( yup even more then since 1 year pak ) cs wont sale gold
    cs will not charge anymore gold
    cs will run out of money will quit
    game dead GG

I chuckle when I see this.

PW will die because DQ items get 20% less from an NPC?

Really?

QQ'er's need to pick their battles.
    edited May 2010
    Options

Really?

Please refer to my "for instance" about wal mart and job cutting.

When you lose your INCOME you spend less. When you spend less the business you used to spend your money at, makes less. When they make less they feel the squeeze. When they feel the squeeze long enough they go bankrupt. Get the picture now?

Non cash shoppers are the ones who actually keep this game afloat. Although other self righteous people would like to believe their 20$ they buy in Zen a week is contributing to keeping the game open. The non cash shoppers give the cash shoppers a reason to charge zen. Without someone to actually buy the gold/items from the cash shoppers there wouldn't be a need for a cash shopper to begin with.

If you made 100$ a day at your job, and I told you I was giving u a pay reduction of 20% you'd freak out. That would be a substantial difference of 100$ a week on a 5 day work week. Thats a lot to drop. For those who go out and grind out (at higher lvls)400-500k a day 20% is a LOT. Thats 100k less.

If you think thats nothing, then you apparently don't grind for your money.
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

Really?

maybe not only the 20% will kill the game but add all since 6-7 month the balance is heavier on the dead game side

my friendlist was full of active player after cleaning it i have only 4-5 name ..... people mass quitting since november it have a reason ....
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • SloppyJoe - Heavens Tear
    SloppyJoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    The non cash shoppers give the cash shoppers a reason to charge zen. Without someone to actually buy the gold/items from the cash shoppers there wouldn't be a need for a cash shopper to begin with.
    I've bought like $150 worth of items over the course of 1 1/2 years. I didn't buy them to sell, I bought them to use. Sure there are some that do it for that, but realistically, that never crossed my mine.
    If you made 100$ a day at your job, and I told you I was giving u a pay reduction of 20% you'd freak out.

I would. Then I'd find another job if I wasn't able to support myself (hint* don't spend beyond your means and find better ways to make money*)
    If you think thats nothing, then you apparently don't grind for your money.

Nope. There are much better ways to make money.

I see grinding like fishing. If you like fishing, do it, but don't expect to make any money from it.
    edited May 2010
    Options
    maybe not only the 20% will kill the game but add all since 6-7 month the balance is heavier on the dead game side

my friendlist was full of active player after cleaning it i have only 4-5 name ..... people mass quitting since november it have a reason ....

My friends list used to have 30 or 40 people online all the time. That number has steadily decreased since around Oct of last year. I do good to now have 15 people on at a time. It is usually just 10 or less. I've deleted and readded people I know play but everyone keeps quitting :(

Some of us are hardcore, love the game and don't want to leave. I'd still be here 10 years from now if they'd quit **** up every aspect of the game.
  • xxunseenspecxx
    xxunseenspecxx Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    LOL DQ price drop. This game is finally going to die. It's been long over due... only reason people still play this game is because they don't wanna ditch what they've spent so much time/money (oh so much money) into. And because there really isn't any other viable MMO choices out there at the moment... GG PW. The new players aren't going to stay since they can't get any money, and the old non-CS players aren't going t last since the main money maker is nerfed. May as well go play on a private server. At least on private servers you only have to spend a fraction of what you do here to get decent stuff...
    Guild History:
    Unlimited [retired guild]
    Conqueror [retired guild]
    BloodLusT [FAIL OF EPIC PROPORTIONZ/retired guild]
    RageQuit [retired guild]

Current Guild:
    Wouldn't you like to know?

Current Status:
    Been jumping rooftops in ADC for the past year and a half<3
    Actively PvP'ing foramz style b:cute
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I've bought like $150 worth of items over the course of 1 1/2 years. I didn't buy them to sell, I bought them to use. Sure there are some that do it for that, but realistically, that never crossed my mine.

I would. Then I'd find another job if I wasn't able to support myself (hint* don't spend beyond your means and find better ways to make money*)

Nope. There are much better ways to make money.

I see grinding like fishing. If you like fishing, do it, but don't expect to make any money from it.

There are people who actually buy things to use. Lots of people buy stuff to sell. I'm a mixture of both.

Its not about spending money beyond your means. When you go out and grind/quest and you earn lets say 100k, but the amount of pots you used and your repair bill was 125k there is a problem. If I have to quit using pots to make money I'm going to just quit the game. I got something better to do with my time then sit and meditate for 5 minutes while my MP and HP regenerate. Now that is just items you NEED to use, that left no room for anything one person might actually WANT in the game. Now what was it you said again about spending right?

Find a new job? How can you do anything different than what the game was designed for? This game was designed to play and be entertained. IF it becomes worse than a real job in terms of work vs. pay then there is a serious problem. Please read above.

I'm not talking about just grinding. I don't enjoy it. But I do enjoy being able to do the quests that have been set before me to do. I'd like to enjoy the game. Are we not supposed to be able to make money grinding? Isn't that why we do in fact... grind? I mean if the purpose of this game is for me to walk around aimlessly for hours finding good deals on stuff and setting up a cat shop for the remainder of my night to make money, then I've sorely missed what the word "entertainment" means.

This game is supposed to be designed to work hard and make money. Not the other way around.
  • konariraiden
    konariraiden Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Sorry, but there's already an official thread based on this...goin' on one last go around, copy-pasting this message and linkin' to the original one.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=715932
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I present to you the winner of Konari's Signature Contest...SilversMoon from Heaven's Tear!
This discussion has been closed.