Am I understanding this right

Options
Ethree - Lost City
Ethree - Lost City Posts: 246 Arc User
edited May 2010 in General Discussion
Demon / Sage Conversion
Introducing the ability to change your cultivation path from Demon to Sage, and vice versa

I wonder if everything converts like skills or if you have to start over pretty much. Anyway some will like it some will hate it
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] tx Haiz too pro
Post edited by Ethree - Lost City on

Comments

• Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    From the Chinese version, skills reset to level 10. But this isn't Chinese version so i guess we wait and find out.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    From the Chinese version, skills reset to level 10. But this isn't Chinese version so i guess we wait and find out.

We almost always follow what the Chinese version does though.
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    If that is the case then there will be no advantage to making the change other than you can try out a different spiritual way.

I would like to try something different than what I originally chose, however; if my skills all reset back to lvl 10 forget that. I am not going to repay for all the books and learning I've already done. I don't care if it was only 1 gold to pay to make the change, I wouldn't do it and be out all the coins I've already used to buy books and learn skills.

I don't see how this could be a winning situation, unless someone has billions of coins they just want to waste away.
  • TeresaSyri - Heavens Tear
    TeresaSyri - Heavens Tear Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Only advantage to it would be for those who just finished their demon/sage cultivation at 89 and/or haven't learned any sage/demon skills yet. Sometimes I feel I should've gone demon but, even though I haven't learned many sage skills I still wouldn't want to reset the skills I have lol.

I dunno, I guess in some situations it would be useful but... for most of us who've been around a while it probably wouldn't be worth it at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    only use is for people that make mistake and pick wrong side for the skills effect they wanted
    but that thing will ( im almost sure ) be a cash shop item
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • Feruta - Heavens Tear
    Feruta - Heavens Tear Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I doubt you will get to keep skills. If you did people would be able to switch all the time depending on the situation, assuming it is not overly expensive to do so, which would completely ruin the point of making a choice in the first place.
  • Taarloor - Harshlands
    Taarloor - Harshlands Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    The advantage would be me laughing at EmoWDF for rerolling to demon BM (twice?) for 5 attk speed. b:pleasedb:chuckleb:thanks
  • Chovan - Harshlands
    Chovan - Harshlands Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    You can bet your **** it will be a cash shop item to do this.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Yeah you need a cash shop item and its around 35-40 gold or so ive heard.

All skills go back to lvl 10.

Im guessing its mainly for the tideborns since many of them went sage/demon without knowing exactly what the lvl 11 skills would do. Now they dont have to lvl a tideborn to 89+ all over again to get the right culti - just charge some zen b:chuckle.

But obviously a lot of archers + BMs will take advantage of this and go demon if they for some reason where sage - since sage is slightly weaker compared to demon in pvp and harder to achieve high dps with.
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    So lets say I'm a lvl 100 demon with all my demon skills. If I switch to sage, get all the sage skills, and then switch back to demon, would I still have all my demon skills? Or would they have been resetted to lvl 10?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • A_Noob - Dreamweaver
    A_Noob - Dreamweaver Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    demon sin skills are complete poo now, i'll change to sage then
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    rofl.
    I mean, not that I plan to do it, but let's see, if I wanted to change my cultivation I need:

- 40-50 gold to buy something from boutique
    - a lot of demon books = cash (or tokens, but those =cash anyway)
    - a lot of SP...just to think about it, 6 mil SP only for Ultis, then another 3mil for the 99 skills I learned so far, then about 4.5 mil for some 92 skills then another 5 mil for some basic skills.

Quick math: about 20 milion SP and 20 mil coins just to learn the skills I have already. Then, as I've said , at least another 50-60 milions just to buy all the decent books...
    Add 40 gold on top of it for another 16 milions.

yeah, changing cultivation makes sense.
    I would better just put all that cash into mirages/tisha stones and come out much stronger than with a culti change with much less headache.

Not thanks PWI, no culti change for me.
    I would have loved to try demon wizard in PWI to really see what's the diff first hand (well I already played one on private server, but I would have loved it to see it on same char) and I would have even charged that 50 gold with one condition: I keep all my lvl 11 skills. But if all skills reset to 10....roflmaopwnwtfbbq

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    So lets say I'm a lvl 100 demon with all my demon skills. If I switch to sage, get all the sage skills, and then switch back to demon, would I still have all my demon skills? Or would they have been resetted to lvl 10?

SWITCH CULTIVATION = RESET SKILLS to level 10

once you reset your culti (demon/sage), all your skill goes back to level 10...

so even if u buy skills 1000 times, after changing culti (with CS item) ull always have skill level 10

@Ursa: this add is ment for those fishy who has already achieved final cultivation (like A_Noob), since they went on a blind-date now they can finally decide the path they like more and not playing roulette...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    This works more for Tideborn who don't have any skills yet. There are also some few players who haven't learned much of any Sage/Demon skills and are high 9x.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]