How To Buy/Sell Zen Ingame(Guide to Making a Gold Account)

Comments

• Thenub - Harshlands
    Thenub - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    valvs wrote: »
    Sorry for hairsplitting, but you don't buy zen in game. You buy gold. Although zen and gold are directly related, they are not the same thing. Zen exists only outside of the game. Once you transfer it to your game account, it becomes gold. And it is only gold that you can buy in game.
    I am afraid that your guide may confuse some newbies because of that terminology mixup. Just replace "zen" by "gold", and it will be perfect :).

good point, lucky it didn't confuse me i watched the review. pwi got 9.5!b:pleasedb:pleasedb:pleasedb:pleased
  • Thenub - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    Gold to me is the little coins in my pocket NOT what I use to buy items from the CS. When someone says gold I think of the shiny stuff I pick up off the ground when I kill mobs.

Someone says Zen I think of the stuff I use to buy **** from the CS. So sorry Im leaving it as it is. Your opinions have been noted in the thread however and Im sure any new players will see them and if they were confused, then understand.

what the **** up with the picture??
  • Thenub - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    K, I'm a little bit confused here. How can list all the offers made by players? Like in the auction house. There like 10 listed in each (Buying gold and coins) and I don't have that much money to buy gold.

i dont have that much money but if u saved up for a week or so u should be able to get 5-6 gold i'd already have some if my dad would let me do the fricken updates. plus i'd be like lvl 35 or so
  • zeener
    zeener Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    And questions like these..make you wonder if people can even read..or if they just ask someone to type the question for them without even looking at the forums for the answer...

*Points 4 posts above quoted post...*

""1 USD = 100 zen = 100 silver = 1 Gold.""
    Umm, that's NOT what I got from a thorough reading of the thread...

1 USD=100 Zen
    100 Zen=1 Silver
    10 Silver=1 Gold

therefore each gold coin is 10 USD$
  • zeener
    edited May 2010
    EXACTLY.... Well said. This is exactly what I think too.

I'd love to know what profit the company gets from selling zen then converting it to gold in the games. Why can't it be a one for one trade? Sounds scammish to me somehow. I understand they sell currency for several games using one currency (zen) that way but I think they are purposefully making it more complicated in order to skim somewhere. That's what businesses are known for. The more complicated the transaction & exchange rates the more likely they worked out a formula to skim somewhere. That's just how business is in the world.

I think the prices of things are really out of line when you consider 100 zen is only 1 gold.

and yeah it's very stupid they call the gold we pick up from killing "coins" but make them gold & shiny. I'm with Cat on that. No other game confuses things THIS far about the money in game. Must be a reason.
    PWI_Wiki wrote:
    Fee is an additional cost that goes to the NPC, paid in coins for buying, and gold or silver for selling. This fee is 2% of the total for everything. Using the example above, the fee paid would be 7200 coins. This is the same regardless of how much you actually spend.
    http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Gold_trading
  • zeener
    edited May 2010
    turns out it wasn't so thorough after all-lol

How can I say this;

You were right, u were right xD
  • Ramoose - Dreamweaver
    Ramoose - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    zeener wrote: »
    Umm, that's NOT what I got from a thorough reading of the thread...

1 USD=100 Zen
    100 Zen=1 Silver
    10 Silver=1 Gold

therefore each gold coin is 10 USD$

1 USD = 100 zen
    10 zen = 1 silver
    100 zen = 1 gold
    1 gold = 1 usd

horrible math on your part.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Linyin - Raging Tide
    Linyin - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Yes newbie here. So in regards to these buying and selling I did not see any information regarding withdrawals from zen to real cash. Is this simply a buy in but no cash out or can someone clarify it further for me? TIA
  • littlewinter
    littlewinter Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    im having a problem buying gold out of game with my pre paid visa gift card what the hell i was buyin it and now i cant dont know how plz can someone tell me how plz
  • lunantishee
    lunantishee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I think I'm really confused.

The box on the right says: 444,000 - Sell - 38
    I want to buy 18 Gold, so if I put Price 12,000 - Amount 18, will I be able to buy them? Or does that window on the right mean that it's 444,000 for each Gold, and not for a bundle of 38?
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    hmm I noticed there is gold and there is silver what is the difference in cost and how to buy it via I think there called pay cards?
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    hmm I noticed there is gold and there is silver what is the difference in cost and how to buy it via I think there called pay cards?

one silver is 1/100 gold; a silver is to a gold as a cent is to a dollar. it's change, in other words.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Vixennia - Raging Tide
    Vixennia - Raging Tide Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I think I'm really confused.

The box on the right says: 444,000 - Sell - 38
    I want to buy 18 Gold, so if I put Price 12,000 - Amount 18, will I be able to buy them? Or does that window on the right mean that it's 444,000 for each Gold, and not for a bundle of 38?

Yes that's what it means.

It's 444,000 for each gold. And there is 38 gold for sale at that price. If you want the gold you have to put your buy price at 444,000 and then put the number you are willing to buy at that price (in your case 18).
  • The_Maxx - Sanctuary
    The_Maxx - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I guess this is somewhat useful. Maybe one could use this to work the gold/zen coin part of the AH b:chuckle
  • Foxie_Cat - Heavens Tear
    Foxie_Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    well i had did an offer to get zen and i have 74. Then i put it in the game and its silver. Cause i used a card and did the same thing but it turn to gold...Is that right?b:surrender
  • mithrendil
    mithrendil Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    well i had did an offer to get zen and i have 74. Then i put it in the game and its silver. Cause i used a card and did the same thing but it turn to gold...Is that right?b:surrender

Yes. It's completely right.

Your 74 Zen is, afterall, 74 silver. In other words 0.74 gold.

Now, when you buy Zen with your credit card, it's allways in the thousands or hundreds.

This results in it allways converting into even gold, since the rate is 100zen/1gold, unless you happen to have any residual zen left while doing a full transfer of your account wallet.
  • Leggollas - Lost City
    Leggollas - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Actually the shiny things you pick up from the ground are known as COINS, not GOLD, even noobs know that.
  • dragonky52
    dragonky52 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    nice guide! thank you. b:thanksb:thanks
  • Ogath - Heavens Tear
    Ogath - Heavens Tear Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    i need help with the pasword part.

my gold trading account is always locked and i dont remember making a password.

anyone else have this problem, or anyone wana help me?
    new race the cursed.

pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132&highlight=cursed

plenty of ideas and lots of support come and help us.
  • PaleHealer - Sanctuary
    PaleHealer - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I have the same problem as Ogath. I have Gold to sell, however its been months since I last sold Gold. Can the password be reset to unlock the gold account? If so what do I need to do?
  • Ogath - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2010
    i dont think anybody is here to answer our question.

i need help :(
    new race the cursed.

• Falcondance - Heavens Tear
    Falcondance - Heavens Tear Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Send a support ticket to the GMs. At the top bar, click Support, then click Support again, submit a ticket listing your issue and I'm sure they will be willing to help you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I always thought I'd be the only one doing crazy things for people who would never care enough to do it back or to act like idiots or be entirely vulnerable, and making someone fall in love with you is easy, and flying 3000 miles on four days notice because you can't just sit there and do nothing and breathe into telephones is not everyone's idea of love, but it is the way I can recognize it because that is what I do."
    Sig pic by Nowitsawn
  • Ogath - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2010
    i did

still waiting for reply though (3 days later)

hope i get one soon
    new race the cursed.

• Ubnext - Sanctuary
    Ubnext - Sanctuary Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    How To Sell Zen:

Go the Auction House NPC in any Major city. When you talk to them click on the second link, Its called Gold Trading.

It will bring up the PW Zen Trading window. Now this window can be confusing. On the right hand side the top box shows you what Zen is for sale and how much the sellers want for it and the quanity they have. The bottom box on the right side shows you the buyers offers, how much they are willing to pay, and how many they want.

There should be a Buying and Selling Tab at the top. Click on the Selling Tab.

On the left side the top box is where you put in how much you are willing to sale each Zen for and how many you want to sell.

The bottom box on the left side is where you need to deposit the Zen from your CS to put up from sale. Just hit the deposit button. You have to deposit your Zen BEFORE you can sell it. It is also where you withdraw the money from after your Zen has sold.

So before you sale check out the 2 windows on the right hand side. And lets do an example: In the top box the cheapest price someone is selling it for already is 95,000. In the bottom box the most a buyer is buying it for is 85,000. You want the money right now pretty bad so you are willing to sale it for 90,000.

You go to the boxes on the left. Put in you are selling for 90k and the amount of Zen you want to sale. It will give you a total with Tax of how much it will cost you. Lets say you are selling 25 Zen and it says your tax is 1 Zen. You then go to the bottom box on the left hand side and deposit 26 Zen into your PW Gold trade account. After you deposit the 26 Zen, go back to the top box on the left and hit submit. It will ask you are sure you want to sale 26 zen for 90k each. Click accept. (On the pw-my version this was "broke" and on the sale screen it would ask if you are sure you want to buy, I dunno if it has been fixed on this version. Buy if it asks you if you want to buy 26 zen and your sure your on the selling tab hit confirm. Its just another bug)

and you posted this back in 2008.
    I just started playing in the fall of 2010, you would think the lazy **** developers and GM's would have fixed by now.

this has kept me from participating and has really aggravated my game experience.
    I say boycot gold until they get off their lazy arses and start fixing the bugs.
    snow is lagging the system. yeah snow makes snow men, but theres more snow then snowmen.

another thing, gold market is shot because some dev butthead decided to sell a hammer for opening chest, at 2.5 gold and the chest is only worth 1,000,000 coin which is about 2.20 gold after you delete the middle man expenses.
    ( of course this where you convince me that gold was much cheaper back then, well then that means they were gouging you even worse in the beginning).

another thing **** up the market for cash shop.
    I want to better my genie, so I click on Genie pack, what do I get everytime? Oracle. which does nothing at all for my genie.

so i click on Pans gift once, guess what the heck I got? Oracle. wtf is up with oracle, pwi robbed me three times in a row, and the books don't sell for more that 30K coin, in shop but you pay 50 silver for either one.

well in sanctuary, thats about 9,000 coin per silver when u include taxes. 9k X 50= 450,000 coin for 6 books.
    I'd have to sell for 75,000 each to break even. but I sold one in a week for 30K coin. the economy is screwed up by the over pricing of the pwi prepaid card cash shops.
    come on you want people to play? fix the bugs, you want people to pay fix the economy. and if you want me to stay to level 105 and continue buying cards at walmart for gold, you better open a couple more servers.
  • Qalassa - Raging Tide
    Qalassa - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Great guide thx a lot.b:thanksb:thanksb:thanks
  • Jonguardian - Dreamweaver
    Jonguardian - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    You would think Perfect World can at least make this whole gold, silver, zen and coin trading within game and converting simple - BUT NO! They have to make it complicated so people keep spending and losing real money cause they made it that way! FREE GAME? Please its far from free! This game is only costing alot more than 3 online paid games combined! What a dumb bunch of bs! PW makes the Auction house complicated and is NON-user friendly. You can't compare your own items without the disorganized layout you see and open the AH window.

Sorry I see it for what it is! Great FREE game that will cost you plenty in the long run! Brilliant marketing! I love the game dont get me wrong and dont mind spending money on Zen but make the damn CURRENCY EASIER FOR PLAYERS TO USE AND CONVERT INTO COIN. AND SAME FOR THE AUCTION HOUSE! MAKE IT BETTER. You will see how much more players PW will get if they improve on these two issues! The currency and Auction house!

My point is if PW is making money on the zen why not make it simple for players to use the game currency at least since we are BUYING THE DAMN ZEN IN THE FIRST PLACE!
    And again! Improve this buggy and non-user friendly auction house! Thank you!

Sorry if I sound frustrated but this is my comment and suggestion to PW!

Good day all!
  • kenzor2999
    kenzor2999 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    lol i dont know where is major city;-??b:shocked
  • Ubnext - Sanctuary
    Ubnext - Sanctuary Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    kenzor2999 wrote: »
    lol i dont know where is major city;-??b:shocked

Archasaur and thousand streams for upper lvls, city of plume and raging tides for lower lvls.

Press M and hover mouse on map then click on the cities.
  • Veri - Lothranis
    Veri - Lothranis Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    If i put up a 'buy for gold' and pay the fee 2% but later notice i have been greatly outbidded on my offer and my chances of getting any gold during the next 48hours seem rather slim do i get no money back for cancelling my 'buy' or do i get the inital 2% back, but only pay the cancellation fee ?
  • backstabbered
    backstabbered Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    so okay, how much 1 EUR is in ZEN?