Barbarian late 90's gear

Options
Slearnn - Sanctuary
Slearnn - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Barbarian
Unlike all the best advice I have ever read, which is to get the TT99 armour set, I doubt I can ever afford or find all the mats to make it.

Since I have tt90 green armour +5 with 3 immac citrines, I was wondering if it was worth selling them and getting the 95/7 Legendary gear and refining/sharding them. They are cheap but are they better than tt90 since they don't have vit bonuses, but do have more mdef and pdef.

Yep, a sage pve barb who is trying to stay on a budget.
Post edited by Slearnn - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Cirax - Dreamweaver
    Cirax - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Surprisingly, the 90+ legendary gold armor set has almost the same base stats as TT99 gold armor set, and even refines the same. As you mentioned, the only difference are the adds. Is it worth the extra 1680 mysterious chips + 40 mil (or something like that) for the chest plate gold mat? Probably not for just for 200ish hp. TT99 gold armor set is only good if you get all the pieces, since the -interval and HP set bonus is pretty good if you're willing to shuffle $300-$400 US or farm the mats for 8 years.

But I ramble... the legendary gold set is well worth the price if you decide to upgrade your TT90 green. Staying with your current armor set is just a good of an idea if you prefer to keep the HP. With the +5 and immacs, it's pretty damn good already for the budgeting sage PVE barb.
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them.

~Albert Einstien
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ofc you can't make the molds into nirvana
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • SteelStar - Heavens Tear
    SteelStar - Heavens Tear Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Personally other than the fact that TT90 green is only grade 11 I think its the best armor for the money. All the extra stat points and hp... Although I got my hands on the Scribe's Shoes mold and I will say it is by far the best other than the palace armor.

★Scribe's Shoes (3) +6
    Heavy Footwear
    Grade Rank 12
    HP +332
    Phys. Res. +931
    Metal Resistance +400
    Wood Resistance +400
    Water Resistance +400
    Fire Resistance +400
    Earth Resistance +400
    Requisite Lv. 95
    Requisite Strength 240
    Requisite Agility 52
    HP Recovery +10
    Dexterity +5
    Vitality +9

The other mold armor sucks IMO. TT99 is 4-500$ USD or Framing/Grinding until the servers go down (and ofc I have to mention: At the rate of greed that has taken place it probably wont be more than 2-3 years from now). Plus the upgrade to Grade 15 for full armor and weapon your probably looking at least 2K USD.
    It's a game and I'm proud to be a stupid fail demon barb!
    My EPIC Fail Demon Barb has 40k/48k HP and my stat points are as follows:
    VIT 552 STR 310 DEX 60! b:surrender
  • Bartack - Heavens Tear
    Bartack - Heavens Tear Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    for my 'semi' budget armor end game-
    Scribe Shoes, Lunar Top, TT99 arms and legs.
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    ZoanoAce - Lost City Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    for my 'semi' budget armor end game-
    Scribe Shoes, Lunar Top, TT99 arms and legs.
    Ok, sounds interesting, but 1 thing I want to verify is if the Lunar Top is cheaper than the TT99 top to acquire?
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

End of lvling, starting of the unimaginableb:laughb:victoryb:coolb:cool
  • Bartack - Heavens Tear
    Bartack - Heavens Tear Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Well the lunar green top is really easy to farm out, and rather cheep if u buy. The one good thing about lunar gears is that all of them require pretty much the same mats, and u get pretty much the same mats per run. Also, Ive seen each of the gold mats sold for 5mil or less. The 'Chip' price for the 2 tt99 top gold mats come to 36mil, the chip price for the 3 gold lunar (excluding the 3 sacred mothers aura's, because they are rather common and cheap) comes to 15mil. Also, u could then sell your tt90 top to help mitigate the costs.

Solar Flash plate is, in my opinion, a better piece of armor than Lion heart Plate (unless u need it to get an armor set add). AND, lunar gears are not bound, so if you decide you hate it, u can sell it.

Your cheapest options if this is all a bit too much, would either be a well refined Plate of the Vigilante (the molds are so inexpensive you can even remake them till u get 4 sockets) or try your luck with the Lunar OHT gold chest and see what u get.