Refining failure.

turtlewax5
turtlewax5 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
I notice there's another item I can put in there to aid refining my equipment but I tried quite a few things but none of them serve that purpose. I'm having a streak of bad luck at refining and I was wondering what is the other item I need besides Mirage Stones to aid the process?
Post edited by turtlewax5 on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    First, see Here.

Second:

Mirages = If fail refine goes back to 0

Tienkang = greater chance to succeed but if fails refine goes back to 0

Tisha = greater chance to succeed and if fail refine only drops by 1

Chienkun = refine will not change if you fail

Ok.....now having said that, the Tisha and Tienkang stones work much better and have a higher chance when used with a Land bonus. Meaning refining at the + Land Officer of land your Guild owns. (See Refining Guide Here for + Lands). Chienkun stones = Zzzzzz rate. You can scroll over one to see the Success %.

Most of refining without Dragon Orb's is luck based anyways...Hope this helped ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Smobo - Heavens Tear
    Smobo - Heavens Tear Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Dragon orbs give a 100% chance of refining to any piece of gear to a refinement level equal to or less than the number if stars it has, and gets used in the process. They cost 30 silver each for a 1 star one, and you mix them together to make higher stared ones.

Tienkeng stones give you a much higher chance of being sucessful with your refines. These also cost 30 silver each.

Tisha stones give you a higher chance than normal of refining, but less than tienkeng. However if you fail, the refinement level only goes down by 1 instead of going down to 0. Also 30 silver.

Chienkun stones reduce your chance of refineing, but make it so your refinement level goes down. These are 1 gold each and statistically not nearly as good as dragon orbs for the cost.

Here is a spreadsheet which you can use to figure out the best way. Typically anything under +3 you want to just use mirages for.
    http://public.sheet.zoho.com/public/warren.forrest/pwi-refine-costs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "People who quote themselves in their signatures are silly. I mean, they can just make up whatever **** they want, and since they said it in their siggie, its a quote." - Smobo
  • Sangodoc - Dreamweaver
    Sangodoc - Dreamweaver Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Ok.....now having said that, the Tisha and Tienkang stones work much better and have a higher chance when used with a Land bonus. Meaning refining at the + Land Officer of land your Guild owns. (See Refining Guide Here for + Lands).
    Regarding "land bonuses", I think you missed this bit from the wiki: "initial testing suggests that they (land bonuses) are simply rumors". In other words, you probably don't get any bonus, it's just a myth.
  • VenusFox - Sanctuary
    VenusFox - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Regarding "land bonuses", I think you missed this bit from the wiki: "initial testing suggests that they (land bonuses) are simply rumors". In other words, you probably don't get any bonus, it's just a myth.

Have to agree... Myth.... idk Luck or what but this morning at home i used maybe 30 mirage stones w/no aids to get to +2.. Logged off and went to work.. Purchased 3-10 packs of orbs, combine them to a 4 star orb then went back to the elder in Arch ( same place i got my +2 earlier ) and got a +3 with a single mirage stone, no aids.. And trust me I'm about as unlucky as you can get.. b:chuckle
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Um... why did you waste a four-star orb on going to +3?

A 3-star would have done, and been much cheaper.
  • Sangodoc - Dreamweaver
    Sangodoc - Dreamweaver Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Um... why did you waste a four-star orb on going to +3?
    He didn't. He said he got to +3 with no aids. I'm assuming the four-star orb was for getting that +3 to a +4 after that.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited May 2010

Define "initial testing" though.

I believe that there is a difference and the link was more for the lands then anything.

I have used Tisha's on specific + lands that my faction has owned and on +7 land was able to get 5 pieces to +7 in 11 tisha's. I like to think that that was not all luck b:surrender

Everyone has different theories in regards to refining anyways, it is all how you want to do it. I prefer orbs but if I get "a feeling" (like the above incident) I will try it. b:victory

Also, you can get to +5 with mirages....you may use a bit but it can and is done all the time just takes patience. many that I know though do to +3 then use the stones then after +5 go to orbs. But to each their own ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous