DarkSniper's journey to the center of LC

Options
DarkSniper - Lost City
DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Twilight Temple (West)
Well, I got bored today so I figured I'd check up on how lost city was doing.

So I log in, Disappear adds me to some faction, I use a few teles I had left, talk to a few old people (not many left, so many people have quit b:sad) and chillax.

Ran around west gate but meh, to many Essence there, so I left and went to Secret passage. Ran into levii of all people, and I got to say, WTF. I mean seriously, without spending any money I got a barb from level 1 to level 90 in under 4 months, and I wasn't even playing that much. How is it in the time I go from 1 to 90 this guy goes from 70 to 79ish.

It's weird seeing the changes after 4 months off lost city. People I've never heard of are now 90+, everyone's like decked out in crazy gear.

Left SP, went to wicked Pirates, saw some 90 cleric BBing while some low level mage killed the pirates. I kill them and.... sure enough, some level 97 Essence cleric shows up, pissed off that I killed his alts. So, fight him for a while and end up losing, although I must say someone needs to teach jaihalawhateverhisname is to learn to play a cleric. Like... Oh, the archer just used wings of grace, now is the time I should use sleep! I had some great fights with hella good clerics in the day, but this one was terrible lol. So he uses res on his dead cleric alt and logs off. Little bit later the cleric resses and I then proceed to kill her again b:laugh.

But the best part of it all was just all the random stories from the people I used to know that still play. Seems a few people have been having fun lately. Although I got a HUGE list of people who have quit since I left. (Seriously? LLama quit?)

Well it was fun seeing what lost city was like but I just had to log off after an hour. Seriously just playing on the server was depressing.

The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
Post edited by DarkSniper - Lost City on

Comments

• Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    A lot of people have quit, but LLama's reason for quitting was pretty understandable. He's still on the forums once in awhile though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Anfisa - Lost City
    Anfisa - Lost City Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    hehe I did the same thing to Essence cleric's alts, and he logged and after a bit of fighting I died =(
    but while laying dead we had a fun chat =P
  • Moranine - Lost City
    Moranine - Lost City Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    wall o' text

Cool story bro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    Lingzi - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    b:bye where have u been? LC is best, it is as hardcore as New York
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Cool story bro.

THIS! 10char
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    squab wrote: »
    lol, it was a blast
    someone does need to teach jahailad to play his EP.

Actually he's a great support cleric. He just hasn't really leveled any of his PvP skills.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • yashino
    yashino Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Actually he's a great support cleric. He just hasn't really leveled any of his PvP skills.

b:sweat pve is easy though
    but IF a cleric doenst know how to pve.. delete pls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^me

already quit pwi, and yet my gears are still superior than 95% of you people.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

Cleric pvp skills = tempest, plume shot, sleep, WL. How can you not level those? b:surrender

Also, yeah, coming back at all is pretty damn depressing. No offense to those who still play, but this is what a dead server looks like. Saw it in EQ, saw it in Tabula Rasa (R.I.P. b:sad) and I'm seeing it here again.

The only new players are alts, and there's nobody doing anything on the world map anymore.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Itachikun - Lost City
    Itachikun - Lost City Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    -claps- Wooo! Good story, tell it again!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • avenged911221
    avenged911221 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    yer jahliad is pretty bad, he was ok when he was in RQ, had average/bad gear, turned into a mass cash shopper and joined essence.
  • TheBishSlap - Lost City
    TheBishSlap - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    you know whats funny though i was there and when you and disappear were 2v1 jahailad he was able to **** both of you
    cool story though about you actually surviving more than 1
    wield thunder kinda hard to kill disappear though but he died soon enough

oh btw not a cash shopper lol whatever gave you that idea your wrong
    i bought dragon orbs during an orb sale and thats how much csing ive done but now i farm 3-2 3-3 for money
    cool story though bro
    btw yes this is my alt for some reason it wont let me put up my 97 ep for an avatar
    anyone who has been paying attention to the forum in the past 5 or 6 months knows DarkSniper r wtv his name is, is a huge troll pretty much half the server had on bl
    im jahailad and i cant change my avatarQQ
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    You know that if you were the EP, it's implied that you were there?

And you're just so hardcore, you killed a 7x ea and a mage.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    You know that if you were the EP, it's implied that you were there?

And you're just so hardcore, you killed a 7x ea and a mage.
    This.

First you're saying that jahailad is somebody else, then you're saying it's you. And isn't it funny how you can't use your level 97 avatar?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    And isn't it funny how you can't use your level 97 avatar?

It is odd, but who cares? It's not like he's "hiding" behind an alt. He just told you who he is.

FWIW, I can't use my level 98 venomancer's avatar either. I wouldn't even if I could, for a variety of reasons (which don't include "hiding"), but for some reason, I can't. I'm not sure why you find it so shocking that there is a bug in the forums. There are plenty in the game, why should the forums be an exception?
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    you know whats funny though i was there and when you and disappear were 2v1 jahailad he was able to **** both of you
    cool story though about you actually surviving more than 1
    wield thunder kinda hard to kill disappear though but he died soon enough

oh btw not a cash shopper lol whatever gave you that idea your wrong
    i bought dragon orbs during an orb sale and thats how much csing ive done but now i farm 3-2 3-3 for money
    cool story though bro
    btw yes this is my alt for some reason it wont let me put up my 97 ep for an avatar
    anyone who has been paying attention to the forum in the past 5 or 6 months knows DarkSniper r wtv his name is, is a huge troll pretty much half the server had on bl
    u mad?

My gear = TT80 gold bow +1, TT80 gold legs +2 with no shards, OHT Pdef belt +2.

I had no charm, no HP pots, no event pots, nothing. All i have is those 3 peices of gear and level 1 elf wings, everything else was given away or dropped.

And that's it, the rest I either gave away or dropped cause I felt like running around blood red with no safety lock on.

So congratulations on winning.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Zombywoof - Lost City
    Zombywoof - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    yer jahliad is pretty bad, he was ok when he was in RQ, had average/bad gear, turned into a mass cash shopper and joined essence.

Its the same old song & dance for most essence
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    drjiggle wrote: »
    It is odd, but who cares? It's not like he's "hiding" behind an alt. He just told you who he is.

FWIW, I can't use my level 98 venomancer's avatar either. I wouldn't even if I could, for a variety of reasons (which don't include "hiding"), but for some reason, I can't. I'm not sure why you find it so shocking that there is a bug in the forums. There are plenty in the game, why should the forums be an exception?
    It means that he can't prove his identity. He was also switching between points of view, as if he was deciding who he wanted to be. It seems very conveniant to me that he can't use his avatar when his identity might be questioned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • avenged911221
    avenged911221 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Jahliad is great proof that to get into essence you need cash, not brains. There are SO many brain-dead pk'ers in there, only because they 'pay' to get in. SoKa is another example, fail barb, claimed turtle was a useless skill, some how managed to get in. cbastor, terrible BM, over half HP just from a low 9x nix bleed, gets 1 shot by so many ppl. CBF going on. Cash > Brains for Essence.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Jahliad is great proof that to get into essence you need cash, not brains. There are SO many brain-dead pk'ers in there, only because they 'pay' to get in. SoKa is another example, fail barb, claimed turtle was a useless skill, some how managed to get in. cbastor, terrible BM, over half HP just from a low 9x nix bleed, gets 1 shot by so many ppl. CBF going on. Cash > Brains for Essence.

The same applies to any major guild: Spec is full of its share of godawful cashshoppers as well. Though I think PrinceClare takes the crown for biggest CS dbag. (Shinzoko is second. of course)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NinjaStix - Lost City
    NinjaStix - Lost City Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I gotta say not ALL Essence are fail... Nykage was hard as hell to kill b4 he CS'd the hell out of his gear (when he was 8x even). Shinzoko does have somewhat decent amount of skill, but is convinced he can tank fist BMs or Armageddon from Susamaji... I'd have to say the worst of all are Koi - 1. rarely seen fighting ppl with gear as good as there's, let alone 1v1 or winning 2. they're never alone anyway, good luck on getting a fair fight.
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I gotta say not ALL Essence are fail...

This is true. One managed to kill my level 35 psychic this morning with help from another player closer to her level. b:chuckle
  • Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I gotta say not ALL Essence are fail... Nykage was hard as hell to kill b4 he CS'd the hell out of his gear (when he was 8x even). Shinzoko does have somewhat decent amount of skill, but is convinced he can tank fist BMs or Armageddon from Susamaji... I'd have to say the worst of all are Koi - 1. rarely seen fighting ppl with gear as good as there's, let alone 1v1 or winning 2. they're never alone anyway, good luck on getting a fair fight.

The bolded always cracks me up inside. Seeing how its always multiple people ganging on us as soon as we step out of safezone. Irony at its finest.

The rest I don't really care seeing how it's opinion, as you said certain individuals are better than others (bias plays a role in judging as well).
    edited May 2010
    Options
    The bolded always cracks me up inside. Seeing how its always multiple people ganging on us as soon as we step out of safezone. Irony at its finest.

Umm... yeah, about that. A lot of people would say the same about the +12 bow patrol. lol

I dunno how many times I've been randomly attacked by Koi and upon dying seeing 3 or 4 different attackers on my damage log.

Camp MQ and kill nubs lately?
  • Moog - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Umm... yeah, about that. A lot of people would say the same about the +12 bow patrol. lol

I dunno how many times I've been randomly attacked by Koi and upon dying seeing 3 or 4 different attackers on my damage log.

Camp MQ and kill nubs lately?

"Plus 12 patrol" is what three people? How about you go to places like west gate where not only 3 or 4 Essence/Kami try to kill you. But every other guild and person there.

And its hard to "kill nubs" when every person is in a instance doing BH IJS. If a "nub" is at a pvp spot like SP, West gate, or HO than killing them is pretty much warranted because why would they be there if not to pvp?

And the MQ comment is also more or a less a gank for us at the end of it. All the people we pk there eventually outnumber us and massive gank us at the end. They also usually call on WC for help resulting in a massive zerg lmao.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Options
    "Plus 12 patrol" is what three people? How about you go to places like west gate where not only 3 or 4 Essence/Kami try to kill you. But every other guild and person there.

And its hard to "kill nubs" when every person is in a instance doing BH IJS. If a "nub" is at a pvp spot like SP, West gate, or HO than killing them is pretty much warranted because why would they be there if not to pvp?

And the MQ comment is also more or a less a gank for us at the end of it. All the people we pk there eventually outnumber us and massive gank us at the end. They also usually call on WC for help resulting in a massive zerg lmao.

So you cry that you get PKed at west gate then say that you get what you deserve for being at a pvp spot?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2010
    Options

To be fair, Essence has no +12 squad like Koi or Spec... and we get zerged just as often as we are accused of doing it. So it's all good when you guys gank everyone else, but when it comes back to you, you're upset about it.

I would agree, world PvP has sucked since BH came out.

As for MQ, yeah it's a gank for you... at the end... yeah, you take 3 or 4 people to gank others, and reinforcements come. How is that anyone's fault but your own? If it's just 1v1 or 2v1 I'll fight and kill or die and that's no big deal, go to town, whatever. If there's a gank patrol, you'd expect not to be met with force?

BTW, more often than not you'd see in our guild chat calls for 1 or 2 people for PvP and yeah, it kinda sucks on our end when a half dozen people show up. Ideally it would always be even numbers, but ideal situations rarely occur.

Not a QQ post either, I miss the days of having to watch out for RQ, BLT or even ShortBus... even though there have been some pretty epic PvP against Spec at world bosses lately, it's not the same.
  • Moog - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Options
    So you cry that you get PKed at west gate then say that you get what you deserve for being at a pvp spot?

Nah, I have no qualms about being pked, this is a pvp server after all. I just feel its ironic that people say Koi are gankers like its only just us that gank. Better to see the situation from both sides.

Though replying to you really has no meaning since you are a troll b:bye
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Nah, I have no qualms about being pked, this is a pvp server after all. I just feel its ironic that people say Koi are gankers like its only just us that gank. Better to see the situation from both sides.

Though replying to you really has no meaning since you are a troll b:bye

lol i troll u

I was just pointing out your contradiction, bromosexual b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • centennial
    centennial Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    To be fair, Essence has no +12 squad like Koi or Spec... and we get zerged just as often as we are accused of doing it. So it's all good when you guys gank everyone else, but when it comes back to you, you're upset about it.

I would agree, world PvP has sucked since BH came out.

As for MQ, yeah it's a gank for you... at the end... yeah, you take 3 or 4 people to gank others, and reinforcements come. How is that anyone's fault but your own? If it's just 1v1 or 2v1 I'll fight and kill or die and that's no big deal, go to town, whatever. If there's a gank patrol, you'd expect not to be met with force?

BTW, more often than not you'd see in our guild chat calls for 1 or 2 people for PvP and yeah, it kinda sucks on our end when a half dozen people show up. Ideally it would always be even numbers, but ideal situations rarely occur.

Not a QQ post either, I miss the days of having to watch out for RQ, BLT or even ShortBus... even though there have been some pretty epic PvP against Spec at world bosses lately, it's not the same.

Typical Essence Quick to complain about cash shoppers.
    Oh but it's alright when princeclare, susamajii, Elayne, etc do it?
    Hypocrites
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I'm inclined to believe all of these faceless avatars complaining about Essence are the same person b:chuckle

I agree, I miss the days of RQ and BLT and CQ. Good pvp back then.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]