Sage/Demon Revive

Options
SaintDominic - Sanctuary
SaintDominic - Sanctuary Posts: 284 Arc User
edited May 2010 in General Discussion
I apologize that there is thread like this in the cleric forums. I find it ridiculous and I'm shocked at the prices on sage/demon revive skillbooks. A skill that cannot benefit me but benefit the people I rez. I love the skill so much that I'm willing to pay at a cheap price. I'm srry that i'm complaining about this. I accept the fact that rezzing people would only benefit me with good feelings about people. I like to help people. I believe that if sage/demon revives were cheaper than many clerics will have it and there will be less complaints from deaths. I would appreciate your feedbacks thanks b:surrender
Post edited by SaintDominic - Sanctuary on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I do not think that it is the price as much as it is the rarity. I have seen very few Sage Revive or even Hell Revive up for sale because most learn the skill versus selling it (at least on LC).

You can however make the same argument for many of the other class skill books b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • exent
    exent Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    It'S rare and it'S usefull = it'S expensive. Can't really put in in a clearer way...
  • SaintDominic - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I do not think that it is the price as much as it is the rarity. I have seen very few Sage Revive or even Hell Revive up for sale because most learn the skill versus selling it (at least on LC).

You can however make the same argument for many of the other class skill books b:surrender

I'm sorry that i said that..It's just that I love that skill sooo much that i'm willing to sell my kidney for it (lol i was kidding about that part, but you get the point).
  • exent
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I'm sorry that i said that..It's just that I love that skill sooo much that i'm willing to sell my kidney for it (lol i was kidding about that part, but you get the point).

I completely understand how you feel :(

The only good thing I can tell you... Keep playing the game, the skill prices will steadily go down. It'S inevitable...
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

Most I am sure feel the same way tbh. I got lucky and made it along with all my skills without but few duplicates. Except for Sage Spirit's Gift that cost me an arm and a leg trying to make b:angry, then a friend made one and sold to me ;)

Try to make it yourself or roll with it I guess...it is insane that for not getting a benefit it is so expensive, but it is a skill many other players would love to have on a Cleric.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • SaintDominic - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    Options
    exent wrote: »
    I completely understand how you feel :(

The only good thing I can tell you... Keep playing the game, the skill prices will steadily go down. It'S inevitable...

Thank you for your feedback. I kind of feel better that you said that, and I will try to be patient and save up for this "godly" skill. b:thanks
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    The main problem is the fact it's in such a heavy demand. Despite being a beneficial skill it also serves to increase the worth of your character. After all, a cleric with lv11 rez is going to be far more popular and in higher demand in squads, instances and large TW factions than a cleric with lv10 rez.

Basically, few would admit it but a lot of players feel if they had lv11 rez and used it in a squad other players would be like "wow! lv11 rez?! thx you're a super awesome cleric! *adds to friendlist*". It's the same reason why most people obsess over levels or spend $$$'s on gear. E-peen and popularity. So unfortunately, can't see the price dropping any time soon ^^
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    inb4 Decep rant about resses...and how everyone should fund her Sage ress if they want her to have it b:chuckle
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Most squads I have been in with a cleric with a lvl 11 res the cleric finds a way to work into the conversation that they have lvl 11 res. There is definitely a pride factor in it...

Still a cleric that can res better is ultimately a better cleric and people pay lots of coins to make their character better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Legorend - Heavens Tear
    Legorend - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I find myself wishing I kept my res at lvl 1 every time I see the prices of sage/demon revive

b:scorn
  • Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary
    Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    It'S rare and it'S usefull = it'S expensive. Can't really put in in a clearer way...
    It's not any more rare than a number of other sage cleric skills (see links below), but it is very much in demand as DarkSeph said. Thus the difference between Sage Revive or Sage Ironheart (both ~25m) and Sage Wellspring Surge (~6.5m) or Sage Elemental Seal (~4m). Basically as long as at least one person is willing to pay 25m+ for it (I did), then others will continue to sell it at that price. When multiple people have the book and repeatedly cannot sell because NOBODY will buy it unless the price is significantly lower, only then will the price be driven down. After all if you got it from a forge or from a monster drop, didn't need it, didn't feel generous enough to gift it to a friend that plays a cleric, and knew that all the times you've looked in the Auction it's sold for 25-30m, why on earth would you short-change yourself and list it for say 12m?!

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/18164 - Forge

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/9186 - Hellfire Abomination

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/9181 - Peachblossom Ritualist

I just wish it resurrected the target with full HP/MP so no charm tick occurs--that would've been truly awesome! :D
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Lets put it this way for those who sell these books.

If you don't want to lose any exp, sell these books for cheap 5-6m would be a "decent" price due to it being rare, but 20m is an insane price non-gold buyers would have a REALLY hard time trying to get 20m for that skill.

My opinion and by my experience I will put it this way.
    Getting a lvl 10 res is way better than just releasing corpose, if you want that take it, else don't bother the clerics or donate to a cleric, so you can get the lvl 11 ress, else don't complain because it is very rare any cleric will be able to afford 20m for a skill that does not do anything for them. K ty bye.

Hahaha ^_^
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    There are good reasons why these skills are very expensive. They are not just about helping other people and making you feel nice.

Not only are they rare, they are very, very useful in TW. Demon rez has half channel - bring dead people back much faster and the sage version allows the cleric to avoid combat more easily.

So yeah, good reason why they are expensive. Same with Sage purge, Demon nova and other class specific skills that can help win a TW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    My mom is a cleric and I told her to not waste her money. 40 million for a skill that will not help her at all is useless to her. It would save us .1 percent. Even to me its not worth it for her to waste that kind of coin. Why on earth would anyone spend 40 million coins to upgrade a skill that does them no benefit at all???

I think its tragic. The reason its so high goes back to greed. People get the skill book, and although it is rare 40 mil is ridiculous. Next time a lvl 90+ cleric revives you and you lose .1 percent just remember 40 million is a lot of coins to come up with for a skill that does a cleric no benefit. Buffs are the most important skills of the game that each class possesses that helps another class. As long as there are greedy ppl out there who randomly get a book and decide its rare enough they should charge 40 mil coins for it, there will be people out there without buff skills that would be more helpful.

My husband is a barb, I'm an archer, my mom is a cleric. We made a heck of a squad. None of us has sage/demon buffs. If the price ever goes down, we may. Until then... we'll live with what we've got... and so will others who think the price is ridiculous.
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    axt57 wrote: »
    There are good reasons why these skills are very expensive. They are not just about helping other people and making you feel nice.

Not only are they rare, they are very, very useful in TW. Demon rez has half channel - bring dead people back much faster and the sage version allows the cleric to avoid combat more easily.

So yeah, good reason why they are expensive. Same with Sage purge, Demon nova and other class specific skills that can help win a TW.

For those of us who choose not to TW.. this does not even matter. They are so expensive because people are greedy. I don't PK/TW and I'm on a PVE server. Fact of the matter is, its a book that isn't made/dropped as often and people can get away with charging that man his kidney and 1 appendage for it.
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    They are so expensive because people are greedy.

No, they are expensive because they are rare and can really help factions win TWs. Such items will always be expensive no matter what. The no exp loss is just icing on the cake.

It has nothing to do with greed - high end clerics in top factions are willing to pay such a price for the item because its nearly essential in some TWs, so there is absolutely no reason why sellers would lower the price.

And sorry to burst your bubble, but even if you don't TW, TW still affects you, even on PvE servers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Honestly right now rev is only 15-20m, and I've heard of them going for less. From what I've heard one even went for 9m on HT. thats not that much for a skill that is in such demand, and percentage wise it should be worth about that much. since basically all the other skills from book trade sell for 1-2m (excluding ih, which is about as much or alittle more then rev). and considering its 4-5m to make one book. I think they're at a pretty fair price. and also at least for demon rev, its very useful. half chan makes it so if someone dies you can get them up and going while barely missing a beat.
  • Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver
    Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    It's not about greed. It's about what people are willing to pay.

The skill is both scarce, and in high demand. Therefore, people will pay more for said skill.

It's like, buying a diamond ring. Will you benefit from having it? probably not. But would you shell out for one if you wanted it badly enough? Absolutely.
  • Tequila_wolf - Heavens Tear
    Tequila_wolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    My mom is a cleric and I told her to not waste her money. 40 million for a skill that will not help her at all is useless to her. It would save us .1 percent. Even to me its not worth it for her to waste that kind of coin. Why on earth would anyone spend 40 million coins to upgrade a skill that does them no benefit at all???

I think its tragic. The reason its so high goes back to greed. People get the skill book, and although it is rare 40 mil is ridiculous. Next time a lvl 90+ cleric revives you and you lose .1 percent just remember 40 million is a lot of coins to come up with for a skill that does a cleric no benefit. Buffs are the most important skills of the game that each class possesses that helps another class. As long as there are greedy ppl out there who randomly get a book and decide its rare enough they should charge 40 mil coins for it, there will be people out there without buff skills that would be more helpful.

My husband is a barb, I'm an archer, my mom is a cleric. We made a heck of a squad. None of us has sage/demon buffs. If the price ever goes down, we may. Until then... we'll live with what we've got... and so will others who think the price is ridiculous.

When you hit 98% of Level 101 and get killed in an instance, remember that .1% of that 66 million experience is 660 thousand. even after that towards 102 i believe it is somewhere in the millions of experience for only .1% (not sure)

also how does a res NOT affect the cleric? i don't mean in everyday just flying around ****, but in an instance a sage or demon res can make or break a bad situation.

Situation 1:
    Barb dies and BM takes over
    cleric casts wings of protection on bm and procedes to res barb
    (cleric has demon res and barb is up in 4 seconds flat)
    cleric does quick half hour buffs and barb take back control in time to save bm
    (if cleric would have not had demon res and healed the bm who might have died or not had full aggro, cleric would probably have died)

Situation 2:
    Party wipe in a bad area for a cleric to go
    (sage res from 40 meters away) cleric stays in safe zone to get res on entire party
    party res's all at the same time while cleric keeps barb healed who take full aggro

sage and demon res is not only about the exp loss prevention, though that is what most people focus on, my wife has sage res, it has been handy with the distance. even with everyday stuff resing someone from a greater height instead of having to fly lower to mobs which may aggro her, does save her sometimes.
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Actually, 0.1% of 66mil would be 66k.

Not that much at all, unless you pay for your exp on a regular basis. Then it becomes more a matter of wasted money/coin than the actual EXP.
  • Tequila_wolf - Heavens Tear
    Tequila_wolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Actually, 0.1% of 66mil would be 66k.

Not that much at all, unless you pay for your exp on a regular basis. Then it becomes more a matter of wasted money/coin than the actual EXP.

is it? lol my math musta been off :p but still there is a difference between no res and a lvl 11 res thats for sure.
  • A_Noob - Dreamweaver
    A_Noob - Dreamweaver Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I have lvl 11 rez
  • Zikai - Heavens Tear
    Zikai - Heavens Tear Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    The sage/demon res was almost halved when I bought it on HT for my cleric.

The "expensive" price was typically no more than 30 mil while the "norm" was around 25-27 mil.

I found a demon res for just under 16 mil in the auction house. It's intriguing that that is what most were going for around that time. The cheapest I saw was 15 mil, but they kinda stuck around 15 - 20 mil recently. Not sure why that was either. I'm not sure of the prices now as I don't look for them in the AH anymore after learning mine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Who heals the healer?
  • exent
    edited May 2010
    Options
    It's not any more rare than a number of other sage cleric skills (see links below), but it is very much in demand as DarkSeph said. Thus the difference between Sage Revive or Sage Ironheart (both ~25m) and Sage Wellspring Surge (~6.5m) or Sage Elemental Seal (~4m). Basically as long as at least one person is willing to pay 25m+ for it (I did), then others will continue to sell it at that price. When multiple people have the book and repeatedly cannot sell because NOBODY will buy it unless the price is significantly lower, only then will the price be driven down. After all if you got it from a forge or from a monster drop, didn't need it, didn't feel generous enough to gift it to a friend that plays a cleric, and knew that all the times you've looked in the Auction it's sold for 25-30m, why on earth would you short-change yourself and list it for say 12m?!

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/18164 - Forge

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/9186 - Hellfire Abomination

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/9181 - Peachblossom Ritualist

I just wish it resurrected the target with full HP/MP so no charm tick occurs--that would've been truly awesome! :D

I didn't say it's rare so it's expensive... I said it'S rare AND usefull. The price of an item is always determined by these 2 factors.

Now rez is not necessarly the rarest skill book, but it still is pretty rare. Rare enough that, combined with the fact that EVERY cleric wants it... The prices go through the roof.

The prices wille ventually go down, but first, we'll have to see a reduction of the demand (more and more clerics will actually get it, and won't need it anymore) and an increase in supply (more and more players will find that book). Eventually, the prices will go down to a more reasonable area...
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    The prices wille ventually go down, but first, we'll have to see a reduction of the demand (more and more clerics will actually get it, and won't need it anymore) and an increase in supply (more and more players will find that book). Eventually, the prices will go down to a more reasonable area...
    I would hypothesize that the price has a lower limit based on the cost of mysterious pages. Due to a floor on the price of tokens, the lowest price for these skill books made with mysterious pages is 4.5 mil. So all 10 skills (well, 9, but Vanguard Spirit has a 20% chance vs 10% for the others) would cost on average 45 mil to manufacture.

If a previous poster is correct that only two of the skills (IH and Revive) are worth anything, and you value the others at ~1 mil each, that leaves 37 mil in cost for the two skills. So 15-20 mil each is probably the lowest in price those skills will ever become, for the simple reason that that's what it costs on average to make them. In fact, once the market becomes flooded by the other 8 undesirable skills (the few people who desire them have already bought them) and they drop in price, the price of those two skills should actually go up slightly.
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Now rez is not necessarly the rarest skill book, but it still is pretty rare. Rare enough that, combined with the fact that EVERY cleric wants it... The prices go through the roof.

I don't want it if no one gives it to me so EVERYONE ELSE can get benefit from it. b:thanks
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.