Hailstorm-final conclusion

Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Wizard
Hi every1.
I just learn sage hailstorm. And I have to say, is really good. It doing just about 1K damage less than sage gush. And if frozen enemies it doing even more damage than sage gush. My conclusion is, that is totally worth it. I usually first do hailstorm and then DB. Nowadays is this book really cheap. So go for it.b:victory
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Mumintroll - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Arma_Geddon - Heavens Tear
    Arma_Geddon - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Have it. b:pleased
    The doctor will see you now.
  • Koolaid - Heavens Tear
    Koolaid - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    It's one of the first skills I learned. The freeze is really useful in PvP. 50% chance is pretty damn good. A wizard should be learning ALL their skills imo.

BTW I learned the demon version
  • Bloop - Harshlands
    Bloop - Harshlands Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    It's one of the first skills I learned. The freeze is really useful in PvP. 50% chance is pretty damn good. A wizard should be learning ALL their skills imo.

BTW I learned the demon version

Demon version is a lot more useful since it increases the freeze chance while sage adds a DoT instead.
    60 / 250.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Demon version is a lot more useful since it increases the freeze chance while sage adds a DoT instead.

I agree demon hailstorm is much better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Helbear - Heavens Tear
    Helbear - Heavens Tear Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I actually really like hailstorm anyway. Mines currently level 6 but I have found it really useful in FF and when it crits it does at least 10k for me.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    sage hailstorm > sage water mastery in FF = 20k crits b:dirty
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Hi every1.
    I just learn sage hailstorm. And I have to say, is really good. It doing just about 1K damage less than sage gush. And if frozen enemies it doing even more damage than sage gush. My conclusion is, that is totally worth it. I usually first do hailstorm and then DB. Nowadays is this book really cheap. So go for it.b:victory
    Sage Hailstorm is trash and one of the skills that's hardly worth getting from 10 to sage. The extra damage and DoT are useless in PvP, hardly does anything, and no even if the DoT activates it doesn't outdamage gush. Gush gets an extra 100% weapon damage. Only real use it has is trying to stop barbs in tw, and it does that at lv10.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    this will end up in another sage x demon war...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Helbear - Heavens Tear
    Helbear - Heavens Tear Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    sage hailstorm > sage water mastery in FF = 20k crits b:dirty

Earlier i crit close to 15k with just level 10 hailstorm, Maxed it with extra spirit. I love it, cant wait for sage version
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Earlier i crit close to 15k with just level 10 hailstorm, Maxed it with extra spirit. I love it, cant wait for sage version
    Don't get your hopes up, it sucks pretty bad. The best thing about sage Hailstorm is the change of skill icon, which is more interesting than the upgrade itself.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    The only thing that this (sage version) does is... add more CONSTANT damage?

Considering this spell's pathetic damage I do not see why this would be useful since the primary usage of this unreliable spell isn't even to do damage.
  • Exitium - Dreamweaver
    Exitium - Dreamweaver Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    The only time I use hailstorm is at the crystal in TW because of the aoe when ALL my other aoes are in cool down... or when i hit it by accident >.> For PVE, theres quite a few spells that easily out dmg it and well sure the freeze is nice, but you really cant rely on it to save your **** -.-
    edited April 2010
    Don't get your hopes up, it sucks pretty bad. The best thing about sage Hailstorm is the change of skill icon, which is more interesting than the upgrade itself.

If you are so smart, can you tell me another fast AOE? Why I should use hailstorm. If you don't like it doesn't mean any1 like it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GiantSquidy - Heavens Tear
    GiantSquidy - Heavens Tear Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Hailstorm is not that bad b:surrender
    its a fast chan aoe that does decent dmg on groups of fire mobs, useful when lacking chi to use BIDS and sure beats gushing them individually.
    I use it sometimes in rb on fire-resistance mobs and such b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Uninstalled Dec-21-10.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    If you are so smart, can you tell me another fast AOE? Why I should use hailstorm. If you don't like it doesn't mean any1 like it.
    You're better off using sage emberstorm if you're in BB, does more damage if your hp doesnt suck. Ofcourse hailstorm has a use as an aoe but the damage is does is still awful.
    edited April 2010
    You're better off using sage emberstorm if you're in BB, does more damage if your hp doesnt suck. Ofcourse hailstorm has a use as an aoe but the damage is does is still awful.

Under BB I of course using sage emberstorm is really nice. But this hailstorm is easy nice AOE with no spark consumption.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Vivio_ - Sanctuary
    _Vivio_ - Sanctuary Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I personally like hailstorm but its not something you should use as a replacement for gush or alternative. Its just a nice effect if it procs and a aoe. The damage isn't super horrible but it isn't great either. I only usually use it as a follow up to an ultimate in case there is more then one survivor. It at least pokes them and sets it up for your other wizards to drop a ultimate without them running out of the aoe's range if it procs. Since I'm sage if the BIDS procs my hailstorm has a pretty good chance of being able to crit on stragglers. The DOT from Sage Hailstorm is practically worthless in PVP/TW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Being a wiz is awesome b:dirtyb:dirty

Sig damage is before facebook Jones Blessings were in game with lunar wand.

Rank8 Wizard as of October 22, 2010 b:pleased
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I think you should have said "situational" instead of "pathetic".
    You are right, sorry if I used the wrong wordings... I'm just jealous on psychic AOEs that cost no chi and have weapon modifiers and superior constant dmg. b:sad

The thing is, it's not even that fast. It's twice as slow as Gush to cast, and has no guarantee to freeze whereas the main purpose of Gush is to be almost certain it's gonna slow them down really quick. (also of course poking)

And stacking DoTs can also be useful in PvP if you want to annoy the other (charmed) player instead of winning by burning his charm. b:chuckle
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    If you were in a blue bubble and you need AoE and you did not have enough chi yet for dragon's breath, what would you planning on doing during emberstorm's 15 second cooldown?
    Under BB I of course using sage emberstorm is really nice. But this hailstorm is easy nice AOE with no spark consumption.
    Never said Hailstorm is worthless, said Sage Hailstorm is. The increase in damage is very low.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Never said Hailstorm is worthless, said Sage Hailstorm is. The increase in damage is very low.

seriously? My sage hailstorm does about the same damage as my gush.
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    Rule - Heavens Tear Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    <.<
    >.>
    I like demon hailstorm....
  • Mage_Fizban - Dreamweaver
    Mage_Fizban - Dreamweaver Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    yeah. the only reason i got sage hailstorm was because i like that shade of blue better. and that's pretty much what i would tell other people to base their decision on. . .
  • Isjitar - Sanctuary
    Isjitar - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I agree with Mumintroll about the situational use of Hailstorm. I love it. The dmg is low, yes, but its an aoe that consumes no chi. I use it in fcc, I use it while aoe grinding with my bm hubby between my heals, I use it when I just see 2 mobs together that have to die I have no chi.

For pvp it probably is lame, in TW I only use it when I need an aoe and all my others are in cooldown. But that it isnt usefull for pvp doesnt mean the skill is completely worthless?

I do not yet have the sage version, but when I got a bit more money and I see it in AH I'll definately buy it.
  • Lyzzern - Lost City
    Lyzzern - Lost City Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Hi every1.

Meh lolz, Demon Hailstorm ftwz
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2508297003&dateline=1263853257[/SIGPIC]
    Asoteric Runewolf just pwned you b:victory

(Yet another player who has quit this game :>; See you in Forsaken World)