Downloading help...

kittymistress
kittymistress Posts: 5 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hi, I'm TheKittyMistress,
I'm probably the newest kind of newbie you get, 'cause I haven't even downloaded the game yet! Well, I've been trying for hours and this is my second day (because I can't leave it on in the house by itself and I have a life) I'm starting to worry about two things:

1. Will it damage my computer? If it takes so long I'd like to know why. My computer is about a year old, windows 7. It has pictures, movies and Sims 2 installed. Is it compatible??

2. Will it EVER work? It seems like too long for anything... so I want to know if I'm wasting my time and Pc space.

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.

TheKittyMistress
x
Post edited by kittymistress on

Comments

• Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    1. it shouldn't damage your computer. PW takes a WHILE to download, (like 2-3 hrs depending on your connection) it chould be compatable with Windows 7.

2. same as above, it doesnt take that much space (about ~2.somehing gbs last time i checked) i sed to carry it on a flash drive. PW is a good game and i think you are not wasting your time, just be patient.

hope this helped.

EDIT: Welcome to PW TheKittyMistress lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • Arnrist - Heavens Tear
    Arnrist - Heavens Tear Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    If you are experiencing slow download with the updates through the Elemental Client, I recomend that you download the Offline patches, and update it manually..

The download of offline patches went x2 the speed as through the launcher..
    You can find them here: http://pwi.perfectworld.com/download
    Look under "Patches"

Have fun
    Perfect World International -> Heavens Tear -> Arnrist (Cleric)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proud member and officer of Nocturne, a mature Heaven's Tear guild where we invite people, not levels.
  • bravely
    bravely Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Kittymistress, when you want to download it with the direct download, does it say "disconnected from server"? because that happens to me, and i have really good internet connection, and i have no idea how to use the bit torrent! Yea i fail... :P but ive played it before and my computer is a 2005 model with lots of memory left and everything, so i dunno what im doing wrong, anyone know what i can do?
  • AeonieX - Heavens Tear
    AeonieX - Heavens Tear Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    It's compatible with Windows 7, works fine for me on it.
    AeonieX - Hybrid Vit Veno 6x
    HarmieX - Pure Mag Psychic 6x
    KyraneiX - Axe/Fist BM 4x
    KyranthoX - Axe Barb 2x
    KyyranthoX - Hybrid Cleric 2x
    AskariX - Pure Dex Assassin 2x
    KyraneiiX - Pure Dex Archer 0x
    AeoniiX - Pure Mag Wizard 0x
  • Bridigan - Sanctuary
    Bridigan - Sanctuary Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    My comp took a whopping 15 hours or so to download the client (I eventually gave up and went to bed, and it finished while I was sleeping), but there were no negative effects afterward, so don't worry.

As to why it took 15 hours...dunno, but it might be because my comp is getting internet from my college campus. The game runs fine, though.
    Director and Webmistress of Faction Tramonto