Bm vs Barb.

True_magic - Heavens Tear
True_magic - Heavens Tear Posts: 95 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Blademaster
hey all
i was wondering wich one barb or bm was the best class...
i think they are similar but how much?
i woul like to know their pros and conts to...

I will post this thread in the Barbs forum too u can see their responses...

ty
true_magic
Post edited by True_magic - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• oyamajio
    oyamajio Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Barb is my *****, lol. They are basically my sandbag. Sound cocky? Yes, it does because I'm in the mood to do it.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    there is no best class and they aren't even remotely similar. BMs are about supporting party members, stunning and DPS, Barbs are tanks, survivability oriented and generally lean towards spike damage (demon onslaught/perdition/etc)
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    What he said.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • True_magic - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2010
    ok then...

ty
  • Motoko - Raging Tide
    Motoko - Raging Tide Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    <500m coin invested, Barb>BM. >500m coin invested BM is a bit better than Barb. Both classes scale well with cash. However BMs get a giant boost in rapage at 5atk/sec, and anything past that is just an increase in survivability. Barbs scale well but never really have that "omfg OP" point that BMs do, just a steady increase in HP and Arma dmg.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This is the way the world ends
    Not with a bang but a whimper. - T. S. Eliot
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    <500m coin invested, Barb>BM. >500m coin invested BM is a bit better than Barb. Both classes scale well with cash. However BMs get a giant boost in rapage at 5atk/sec, and anything past that is just an increase in survivability. Barbs scale well but never really have that "omfg OP" point that BMs do, just a steady increase in HP and Arma dmg.

Don't forget that 5 aps barb is also possible. I'd still say that BM>Barb.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Don't forget that 5 aps barb is also possible. I'd still say that BM>Barb.
    Useless without the target control of a BM. It works for pve, but nobody's going to sit still otherwise.
    edited May 2010
    so i got other question...
    every (or almost) Bm use axes everyone say is the best weapon for a Bm...
    how about poles? it has a prety dmg too...

ty
    true_magic
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Poles are nice for DMG and reach, I'm the only BM that don't use axes xD. Well my alt BM does, but his DMG is not as nice as this toon. I do more DPS with those 3 weapons other than axes XD

and, why not try both classes?

I perform as barb way better than my BM PVE wise. I am pretty sure this BM PVP wise shine way better though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • shootingstarvn
    shootingstarvn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    yea pole is better , axe sux kinda pvp
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    yea pole is better , axe sux kinda pvp

O.o good luck stunlocking with pole?
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    I perform as barb way better than my BM PVE wise. I am pretty sure this BM PVP wise shine way better though.
    No that's because you're a terrible player and an idiot.
  • shootingstarvn
    edited May 2010

all 4 paths b:bye
  • morridune
    morridune Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Axe best weapon for BM?? trouble to stunk lock without it??

i'm a lvl85 Sword BM and i've yet to find stun lock's an issue. With the 2 basic stuns and smack few last long enough those who do well thats what hot keys are for in time it take's to hit 3 buttons i'v switched to axe used the stun and then the swords are out with pleanty of time for atmos strike a couple of hits before roar of pride again.

In the end all paths are good find your style and work with it,, and all the skills are there to be used so you can do so. After all you don't see a wiz only using 1 type of element or a veno with only 1 pet take advantage of the adaptability of the class and find what works for you.

There is no fail BM weapon path, just those who fail to use it
  • daikaz
    daikaz Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Hmmmmm, barbarian performing better than BM PvE wise? yes if backed up by a squad and only as a tank, otherwise BM has overall higher damage output (barbs are terrible for grinding) and more versatility, i also find BM as a great alternative to barb tanks after lvl 8x, maybe because of the many, many fail barbs i've met, and the need to get things done without them, BMs are also better endgame tanks because of the insane damage output we get from endgame weapons like lunar claws or TT100 fists, not even talk about warsong ones, but those are hard as hell to obtain
    edited May 2010
    morridune wrote: »
    Axe best weapon for BM?? trouble to stunk lock without it??

In the end all paths are good find your style and work with it,, and all the skills are there to be used so you can do so. After all you don't see a wiz only using 1 type of element or a veno with only 1 pet take advantage of the adaptability of the class and find what works for you.

There is no fail BM weapon path, just those who fail to use it

u kinda rigth...
    so a BM sould have skils from all paths to use in diferent situations?
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2010

I gotta tell you that I remembered beating a higher leveled axe BM (not that high) in duel with fists ( I was KSed by him, so I dueled him and funny thing was I had only 1 stun, he had 2) he was running and then I swapped to poles and chasing him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

• Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    all 4 paths b:bye
    You didn't say all 4 path but "yea pole is better , axe sux kinda pvp". But why take out axes to stun if they "suck"? If you do use axes to stunlock, what do you do then, use pole in between stuns? GX will still out spike Dance pre +10.
    I gotta tell you that I remembered beating a higher leveled axe BM (not that high) in duel with fists ( I was KSed by him, so I dueled him and funny thing was I had only 1 stun, he had 2) he was running and then I swapped to poles and chasing him.

Swapped to pole and chasing him... for what? You don't even have Farstrike. Even with Farstike, it's stupid to chase and hit them once every while, but I guess it makes a difference if you are dueling and you "can't heal"...
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2010
    Swapped to pole and chasing him... for what? You don't even have Farstrike. Even with Farstike, it's stupid to chase and hit them once every while, but I guess it makes a difference if you are dueling and you "can't heal"...

he used 1 life powder and about 10 HP potions while I used none b:laugh . And that was when people was flaming about fists on a BM. I used pole to finsish him off, drakes ray I tried to use, but he sprinted and a mob killed him. I had screenies too D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

• shootingstarvn
    edited May 2010
    dance of universe out dps higher ref gx ijs
  • morridune
    morridune Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    u kinda rigth...
    so a BM sould have skils from all paths to use in diferent situations?

I'm not saying you need to have skills form all paths, but its worth having a look at what is available and all paths have good merits to see how it fits with how you want to play. I've personally taken a couple of axe and a couple of fist moves ( Drake bash, HF, Cyclone heel and the lvl79 fist skill I cant spell ) I mainly stick to sword skills as that's what I've lvl'd the mastery for and prefer to use. However just cos I'm sword doesn't mean I'm going to pass on the benefit's of the effects i can get from other skills.

It is at the end your chara, so it's all down to personal preff. In regards to the thread I'd say BM is better in the end and it is due to the adaptability of the class. Don't get me wrong I've run into and know some awesome barbs and they deserve their respect. But once you hit those high lvl's I think the BM has it, certainly for pvp and they are soild in pve also
  • GG_BIG_Y - Sanctuary
    GG_BIG_Y - Sanctuary Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    daikaz wrote: »
    Hmmmmm, barbarian performing better than BM PvE wise? yes if backed up by a squad and only as a tank, otherwise BM has overall higher damage output (barbs are terrible for grinding) and more versatility, i also find BM as a great alternative to barb tanks after lvl 8x, maybe because of the many, many fail barbs i've met, and the need to get things done without them, BMs are also better endgame tanks because of the insane damage output we get from endgame weapons like lunar claws or TT100 fists, not even talk about warsong ones, but those are hard as hell to obtain

I agree with almost everythig u say except that barbs r terible for grinding i think u need to get ur facts straight or is it the fact that u have not meet a decent barb yet, cause i can go forever grinding 20 to 30 mobs at once and not use hp pots or die lol believe it or not barbs do got decent aeo skills and with BR chi bar fills up with im a matter of seconds.
    sunder->BR->roar->frighten->invoke->surf impact->switch to human->BR->ToP->then arma = all mobs around u is dead pretty muchb:victory

and btw im not a cash shopper and im just a normal player with only 9566 HP in human and no charms :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GG_BIG_Y - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    daikaz wrote: »

I agree with almost everythig u say except that barbs r terible for grinding i think u need to get ur facts straight or is it the fact that u have not meet a decent barb yet, cause i can go forever grinding 20 to 30 mobs at once and not use hp pots or die lol believe it or not barbs do got decent aeo skills and with BR chi bar fills up with im a matter of seconds.

sunder->BR->roar->frighten->invoke->surf impact->switch to human->BR->ToP->then arma = all mobs around u is dead pretty much

and btw im not a cash shopper, im just a normal player with only 9566 HP in human and no charms :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GG_BIG_Y - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    sorry for the re post my computer is just acting stupidb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    sunder->BR->roar->frighten->invoke->surf impact->switch to human->BR->ToP->then arma = all mobs around u is dead pretty muchb:victory

and btw im not a cash shopper and im just a normal player with only 9566 HP in human and no charms :P

Hmm...compared to a bm, barbs are sub par for grinding...sorry...its truth...
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited May 2010

sunder->BR->roar->frighten->invoke->surf impact->switch to human->BR->ToP->then arma = all mobs around u is dead pretty much

and btw im not a cash shopper, im just a normal player with only 9566 HP in human and no charms :P
    Sounds like an awful lot of work when my BM can use Tangling Mire + HF - Fissure - Drake Sweep - Cleave and watch pretty much everything die. b:surrender
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Hmm...20-30 mobs is a lot..i am also thinking he is grinding on mobs way below his level..b:victory
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GG_BIG_Y - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    Hmm...20-30 mobs is a lot..i am also thinking he is grinding on mobs way below his level..b:victory

nope 20 to 30 is true well more like 20 to 25 mobs inside the boat close to fb 79 i think the mobs r called pirate assasins (lvl 80)
    and once u use invoke the 20 to 30 mobs hardly matters b:victory
    im not kidding if u got a high enough barb with abt lvl 8 arma and sunder and got 2 (+50% accuracy rings) try it if u dont believe me.
    again a warning if ur barb is not a tank built is might me hard to achieve b:surrender

hardest part of the whole process gathering up 20-30 mobs which is quit easy if u know how to use ur movers properlyb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    nope 20 to 30 is true well more like 20 to 25 mobs inside the boat close to fb 79 i think the mobs r called pirate assasins (lvl 80)
    and once u use invoke the 20 to 30 mobs hardly matters b:victory
    im not kidding if u got a high enough barb with abt lvl 8 arma and sunder and got 2 (+50% accuracy rings) try it if u dont believe me.
    again a warning if ur barb is not a tank built is might me hard to achieve b:surrender

hardest part of the whole process gathering up 20-30 mobs which is quit easy if u know how to use ur movers properlyb:victory

takes roughly the duration of cloud sprint+will to snag every mob on that beach roar to stun for 6 seconds and prevent aggro reset aoespam to death takes 30

cake with 1 ToP or if i have a sin freind buff me
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • sage0nemage
    sage0nemage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Read the name of the thread BM versus Barb

BM win