Coming of Age : Willpower

Options
Boo_ - Heavens Tear
Boo_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
edited August 2011 in Dungeons & Tactics
my first attempt:

okay first it says go to the centre of the city of raging tides, a 30 sec timer appears and the quest description says that Duke Blacke will give you a perfect token of luck for 1k coins. i went to archo to look for duke, found him, and he said something about i shouldnt believe and this bla bla bla. went back to raging tides and spoke to elder. quest failed of course.

my second attempt:

went to centre of city (again) 30 sec timer appears, and runs out. and i'm still standing here and the quest isnt progressing. how long do i have to wait? :3
Post edited by Boo_ - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Kiraxk - Dreamweaver
    Kiraxk - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Just stand there. Three times it will say that Duke has something that's rare but you have to resist and just stay there. It doesn't take long, so you could get a drink while you wait. Just keep looking at your quest log every 30 seconds until it says "Return to elder" or something similar to that.
  • Boo_ - Heavens Tear
    Boo_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    thanks ^^ finally finished it. the stuff he was "offering" sounded epic tho, if only it were true :3
  • guino123
    guino123 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'm not able to end this quest. I got 30 minutes in the city center tider born and nothing happened!
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    guino123 wrote: »
    I'm not able to end this quest. I got 30 minutes in the city center tider born and nothing happened!

try relogging thats what i had to do
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • guino123
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Could someone explain to me exactly how to do this quest! or tell me how long I have to wait in the city center tide born?
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Could someone explain to me exactly how to do this quest! or tell me how long I have to wait in the city center tide born?

stay close to the teleporter not somewhere in the new city
    best is just to keep standing at the place you were send to by the quest
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

The entire thing should take no longer then three minutes.

Once the quest says to visit the Elder, you are done, as long as you go to the cords the Elder gives you and YOU DO NOT MOVE....until (once again) it says to talk to the Elder.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • guino123
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Sorry to have caused barely a printout .. is because I am sad to not be able to do the quest!

So the question asked me to go up to the local''667 125''.. appears after a time of 10 seconds .. appears after another time of 22 seconds!

After these 22 seconds nothing happens! and also do not know what must do!
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Sorry to have caused barely a printout .. is because I am sad to not be able to do the quest!

So the question asked me to go up to the local''667 125''.. appears after a time of 10 seconds .. appears after another time of 22 seconds!

After these 22 seconds nothing happens! and also do not know what must do!

What you must do is just stand there.

If I remember right it goes through 3 timers then it tells you to talk ot the Elder. Once you reach that point then you can move.

I am not sure if you are having some type of lag delay with the timer tbh b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    What you must do is just stand there.

If I remember right it goes through 3 timers then it tells you to talk ot the Elder. Once you reach that point then you can move.

I am not sure if you are having some type of lag delay with the timer tbh b:surrender

Some people, after all the timers have run out, didn't get the Elder quest. Relogging fixed it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Some people, after all the timers have run out, didn't get the Elder quest. Relogging fixed it.

Hence the lag comment on the bottom.....same thing happens in the Cube of Fate sometimes.

And it was already mentioned for him/her to relog.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kuilen - Dreamweaver
    Kuilen - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I'm glad I saw this...I failed the first time and didn't know why. Thanks.
  • TinTuyetHeal - Dreamweaver
    TinTuyetHeal - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Me too :) This really helped me a lot thanks guys.
  • DorkFish - Sanctuary
    DorkFish - Sanctuary Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    This quest is evil. Saitada actually almost made it to Duke Blacke. Missed him by about a wing stroke on the timer each time.

Really torked me lol till I went looking for info on the quest and saw this. Bloody evil evil quest. I love it!
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Am I really the only one reading what the NPC has to say?

It's clearly 'And not move nomather what'. Why do you teleport halfway acros the world than?
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • rocket007
    rocket007 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Just stand there. Three times it will say that Duke has something that's rare but you have to resist and just stay there. It doesn't take long, so you could get a drink while you wait. Just keep looking at your quest log every 30 seconds until it says "Return to elder" or something similar to that.

I've had a major problem with this quest....

I waited and waited and waited (at the EXACT coordinates too), but it would never go on to the second and third Duke Blacke quest-things....the timer would run out on the first one, but wouldn't go on...and I waited for an hour before I gave up. (And I kept my quest log opened to keep an eye on it and it never once told me to return to the Elder.)

This was when I was playing as my SailorRocket character (Venomancer; dunno if the class has anything to do with it or not...figured it might be a glitch or something....)
  • zabusa17
    zabusa17 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    got the same problem, the timer stands still b:cry and I'm a bm, soo the class has nothing to say
  • DorkFish - Sanctuary
    DorkFish - Sanctuary Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    If your timer sticks, log out and back in and it usually fixes it. I had to do that twice yesterday but was able to finish the quest.

@sirrobert I stopped reading all the garbage from the quest dispatchers a long time ago, and took to only reading the last part of the quest description. It eliminated a huge amount of un-needed BS information.

This is the only quest I have ran into that actually reading the info was helpful lol.

~DF
  • totalmaxtor
    totalmaxtor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I tried and tried with no luck. Finally decided to TRASH the quest , LOG OFF and request the Quest from the Elder again. I went to the exact location 667. 125 and just waited. There is a 30 sec wait, then another 30 sec wait and finnally a 1.0 minute wait. You then get called back to the Elder and get the final award

Thanks for all the help guys and galsb:surrender
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    When getting the quest, the elder clearly tells you "do not leave, no matter the circumstance". Why is that so hard for people to understand?
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    When getting the quest, the elder clearly tells you "do not leave, no matter the circumstance". Why is that so hard for people to understand?

cause their willpower is to weak to listenb:chuckle
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • Lindistor - Heavens Tear
    Lindistor - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Alright. When trying to do this quest as soon as i tele to arch, it says quest unable to re-do. Ive tried logging out and trying it again but it keeps saying the same thing.. Wat do i do!!
    Join HellzArmy on Heavens Tear for fun b:laugh
  • battlemonkeyz
    battlemonkeyz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Same thing for me. I can't finish it now, and I had thought I had to find Mr. Blacke.

In case you're wondering, the items he has are 5 mirage celestones.
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ......You DO NOT LEAVE NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The moment you get to the tele area JUST SIT YOUR **** DOWN AND WAIT FOR THE TIMER TO RUN OUT. If the timer doesn't go to the second timer then just go to the character screen and log back in, and it'll show the second timer. then JUST WAIT IN MEDITATION UNTIL ALL THE TIMERS RUN OUT!

After that it'll tell you to report back to the elder. Then Wa-la! Quest done!
  • Iredyn - Sanctuary
    Iredyn - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    OMG this is the FUNNIEST thread I've ever seen!

It is so funny when people who refuse to read get stumped & don't have a clue why they are failing in the game.

READ!

Reading is what RPG games are all about. It's a STORY & you are playing a ROLE. You are required to read what the characters in the story say to you. If you don't then you won't know what is going on.

It's hilarious they are failing the test of willpower for lack of it.

I say just let them. b:laugh

They should really rename the quest to the Test of Laziness.
  • Reilla - Raging Tide
    Reilla - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I was having the same problem with timer, but reloggin fixed it......XD
  • mellimu
    mellimu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ty so much for this threadb:thanks
    i really didnt know what to do and i also searched for duke blakeb:sweat
    but now i completed it finallyb:laugh
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    mellimu wrote: »
    ty so much for this threadb:thanks
    i really didnt know what to do and i also searched for duke blakeb:sweat
    but now i completed it finallyb:laugh

The worst part is, the first time I did this quest I actually found Duke Blacke...and he had nothing for me. b:laugh

Then I actually read what I'm supposed to do, and finished it the second time I did the quest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Geez... when I got the quest I was like "oh well, it's nice in theory, but who's going to fail THAT?". They even had to bring in "Ms Stupid" Dizzy failing the willpower test, since no real player would possibly fail it. I mean, it's still a game, so "willpower" doesn't really exist --- the character does NOTHING without the person in front of the screen hitting buttons. And if the quest says to not hit buttons, then you don't hit buttons. If the quest says to exit the airplane at 10000ft without a parachute, then you exit the airplane at 10000ft without a parachute. No problem.

So I was indeed curious as to what they would present to the player. Invincible monsters coming at you, moving slowly, hitting slowly, but taking more than half your HP with the first hit, letting you wonder whether you should try and escape? Putting you into a poisonous cloud draining your HP, with the spot next to you obviously safe? Stuff like that, stuff that might make a player move around to avoid getting killed, under the assumption that he missed doing something terribly smart in advance and that staying there would fail the quest too since there's always the implication that you must survive to complete a quest.

Apparently, it's not just "in theory". People never cease to amaze :-)
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
  • Exitium - Dreamweaver
    Exitium - Dreamweaver Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I was just too lazy to go find Duke Blacke in 40 seconds even if a 15m/s aerogear was a nice reward b:surrender
This discussion has been closed.