what gem on my NP?

Unif - Heavens Tear
Unif - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Venomancer
I'm not sure what would be the best gem to put on my NP, I am thinking about either mag atk or -3% channel.

I currently have -16% channel (robe, ring and sleeves)

I have 40 points in vit and the rest all in mag.

What would you guys/girl;s do?
Post edited by Unif - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• _Lachesis_ - Heavens Tear
    _Lachesis_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    well if u plan on taming the rare pets then i would go with the -3% because the more - channeling the better. but if want more attack then go witht the +mag attack. personally i would go with the channeling cause it also helps in TW when ur in a sticky sitch. but the decion is all up to u. hope this helps =D
  • Vivi - Heavens Tear
    Vivi - Heavens Tear Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I say go Citrine gem or
    make it 2 socket and take one of each: end of the story
    more seriously for the taming its bad reason: just use those apothecary pots or use a noob cleric to RB if you want

Im a cheap veno so i went mag attack: more channeling means more mp loss over time

b:embarrass i use cleric as MP pots but if i go channeling ill abuse clerics
    b:chuckle SleepCat is even worse than me *epic Soul Transfuse*

and again it depends on what you want: if its only 1 shard 3% channeling wont really matter over 300 magic attack

its good to have some channeling but in the end the cooldown doesnt go down unlike interval for melee that amplify the effect.

For me I use channeling mostly for boss or pve and in that case i use channeling gear.
    3% channeling

with weapon you have -22% if you add -3% its goes to -25%:

Math time
    Venomous
    Cast 1s
    Channel 1.5

so
    22%=1+(1.5-22%*1.5)=2.17
    25%=1+(1.5-25%*1.5)=2.125

woot so 0.045 faster

Some over time info
    Cool down 1 sec
    To attack 10 times same skill
    22 => 30,7 sec
    25 => 30,25 sec

Those number to be honest is mostly for heal pet unless youre stupid enough to spam same skill over and over and be limited by that cooldown all the time.

BTW my math is messy so im open to a reply to this that will say im wrong

PS: i didnt do math for attack difference btw no gem and gem cause im lazzy and formula is a little more tricky to calculate
    PS2: Exception in duel against same class channeling will give you the first stun/seal... so you can win because of that but in open pvp i dont really know the difference of 3% channelling
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Im Up for Nirvana~
    Thanks Santacruz for the Signature
    theempire.ucoz.com