PvP on PvE server?

wizardxxx
wizardxxx Posts: 1 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Arigora Colosseum
Hi,
I was wondering what kind of PvP can offer non pvp server. All I know is Teritory War. But are there any other options to pvp on a PvE server? Im asking coz I just started and cant decide. Reading bout high lvls pkin new players at lvls 30s seems to be bad concidering the fact that newcomers has no idea about the game and has no pr0 gears.
Will be easier to lvl on a pve server but if I will get high enought, will I just get bored coz of lack of pvp?
Post edited by wizardxxx on

Comments

• AeonieX - Heavens Tear
    AeonieX - Heavens Tear Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    PvP events are the same on PvE servers as are on PvP servers. TW/Duel/PK only difference is we have a button for PvP Protection so we can actually go outside safe zones without fear of getting annihilated while questing.
    AeonieX - Hybrid Vit Veno 6x
    HarmieX - Pure Mag Psychic 6x
    KyraneiX - Axe/Fist BM 4x
    KyranthoX - Axe Barb 2x
    KyyranthoX - Hybrid Cleric 2x
    AskariX - Pure Dex Assassin 2x
    KyraneiiX - Pure Dex Archer 0x
    AeoniiX - Pure Mag Wizard 0x
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    There's still TW, PK rooms in cube, and dragon temple.

World PvP can get kind of boring when you cant find any white names though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Xegeth - Dreamweaver
    Xegeth - Dreamweaver Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Actually, so called "world pvp" is usually the same pimped out 100+ characters hanging around at Orchid Temple QQing and ganking as soon as you attack one of their factionmates without asking for a one on one first. ;) It can get kinda funny, but overall a pvp server is much more recommended...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Actually, so called "world pvp" is usually the same pimped out 100+ characters hanging around at Orchid Temple QQing and ganking as soon as you attack one of their factionmates without asking for a one on one first. ;) It can get kinda funny, but overall a pvp server is much more recommended...

This always made me lol. PvP became so civilized. b:laugh

Anyone remember that one 'RPK' faction on Dreamweaver?b:chuckle
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • Xprestigex - Harshlands
    Xprestigex - Harshlands Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    since noone really explained it well.... Nothing is different between a pve and pvp server, exept this one difference.

Outside any pvp events (tw, cube, etc) pve servers do not allow other players in the pve server to pk eachother. Although if the player wants to pk they can "turn white named" and pk other white or red named people. Although with this there is a lack in white names to fight so it makes so there is usally less pvp goign on in the server on a daily basis,

In a pvp server lvls 30+ are alwase white named, there is no way to turn off pvp and make it so noone can pk you, unlike a pve server. This makes it so you can kill anyone (and anyone can kill you) that is bugging you or just go around and pk whoeever u want. Of course there are save zones, so in towns people cant kill eachother.

In pvp servers there are a good amount of noob lvl 9X goign around killing low lvls, but most decent people don't. But you will get pked mutaple times where you have no chance of wining the fight, although you will not lose any gear or items in your inventory if your white named. So with these unfair fights just don't fight back and if they are camping the area where u were questing, just go do another quest untill they are gone. Getting pked isn't as bad as some people make it out to be.

hope this helped ^.^ Of course there is more indepth things about pking, white named, red names, hours, droping stuff, sl, dolls. but this is just a quick rundown of the difference. PvP server ftw :D
    Our GMs, which art invisible,
    Hallowed be thy Alma,
    Thy kingdom come, thy will be done in godless valley,
    As it is in fb29.
    Give us this day our daily quest.
    And forgive us our banning,
    As we forgive those who ban us.
    And lead us not into random pk,
    But deliver us from Hell
    For yours is the Perfect World, the power and the glory,
    Untill the server crashes
    Amen.b:thanks
  • wizardxxx
    wizardxxx Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Ok. Thanks a lot for your replies. Everythings clear now.
  • Trobneziuq - Dreamweaver
    Trobneziuq - Dreamweaver Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    hey now.. Xegeth. maybe OT changed, havent seen you there in a while
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    hey now.. Xegeth. maybe OT changed, havent seen you there in a while

Well, I was there a couple of weeks ago and there WAS actually a decent size PvP war going on, but I was too laggy to enjoy it b:angry. So I did the next logical thing of repeatedly getting chi, fly above, drop and stun+HF everything then get 20 ppl on my dmg log. Other than that... nm was going on a few days after that.
    This always made me lol. PvP became so civilized. b:laugh

Anyone remember that one 'RPK' faction on Dreamweaver?b:chuckle

Oh BloodPact... The faction that kills together got wtfpwned together. Good times.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Lalius - Lost City
    Lalius - Lost City Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    @Quiz: Well the very reason I am not there that often anymore is this very character here. ^_^ It's a lot of fun, I gotta say...

Although I was there two days ago for like four hours. There were some people up for nice PVP, and a lot of people QQing as well.. Which resulted in me getting 20+ hours of redname. What I noticed was that there were constantly popinbg sins up one me, but only Cheze's sin could kill me naturally... I suppose you could as well, since you don't fail like a lot of other players. >.< There was this particular whiny barb who kept getting kanged by me time after time together with a sin...

@DD: Sounds like a lot of fun x) You know that I love getting hfed by you. :P Too bad I wasn't there. b:chuckle
  • Themax - Heavens Tear
    Themax - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    PVP server all the way.

PvE is BORIIIIIINNNGGGGGGG. That's why I quit with this char, **** PvE servers THEY SUCK.

P.S. I wish I knew HT was a PvE server b:angry
    Inactive on HT

Rerolled on HL
  • Psumiku - Dreamweaver
    Psumiku - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    PvP events are the same on PvE servers as are on PvP servers. TW/Duel/PK only difference is we have a button for PvP Protection so we can actually go outside safe zones without fear of getting annihilated while questing.

What does that button look like by the way?