cube of fate

shootingstarvn
shootingstarvn Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2010 in General Discussion
hi , what dmg do the aoe mobs in the 100 sec rooms? phys or mag

and dew orb of star protection helps a lot or?
Post edited by shootingstarvn on

Comments

• axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    The damage is neither physical nor magical (its just... damage) and cannot be blocked or reduced as far as I'm aware.

Bramble hood, the veno skill that reduces all damage by 75%, is useless against it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    nope, nothing helps.
    That AOE mob does a fixed amount of DMG.
    It sucks, cause basically a wizard, veno or an archer especially in the low lvls have no chance to survive. As for a barb or BM, they just tick the charm. Worst is room 47 ofc.
    Would be nice if that AoE mob would do the dmg based on class not on lvl. But yeah, PWI, if u expect something fair, look elsewhere.

One trick to pass that room (47) at low lvl: Wait until a high lvl gets in the same room - let him enter and run down the timer. When he's 10-15 sec on the clock, depending on your lag, you enter the room. AoE from the mob in the middle will stop as soon as his timer runs out- he teleports out, so you can spend the rest of the time in a corner peacefuly killing only the mob that aggroes you.
    I did this many times in the past, while I was lvl 80ish, and there was basically no way for me to pass 47 even with event food. But back then cube was a living place, I'm still doing it as a daily, but now is like an deserted planet. I don't think I saw a char in it in the last 3 or 4 days... Waiting in 14 or 34 for someone to PK is just a waste of time now.

I'm only talking about room 47 here since the rest are pretty much pass-able by any class.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asmodiel - Heavens Tear
    Asmodiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,442 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Apothecary pots work, like ironguard powder makes you invincible for 12 seconds...but ofc you can't use it all the time =)
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    yea, so does the imune to dmg after spark.
    But strangely enough, every time I tried to spark I got double hitted right after the spark imune ran off. So yeah, helps, but u can get royaly screwed also.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shootingstarvn
    shootingstarvn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    or the lvl 90 apo pots for invincible ?