New Patch & decomposing 3*

Comments

• Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Another update: We brought this --^ up with the devs and they did admit that it was another reason for the change. Apparently it's been affecting all versions of PW, so it was implemented in our version as well.

That is ridiculous. Because they are doing something on another server, we all get punished?

Why not find a way to punish those who are exploiting a glitch, or better yet, fix the damn glitch. Don't punish us for something we aren't doing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    sounds to me like pwe needs to renegotiate their contract with pw china. get more right to fix bugs and adjust thins as long as the core game and gameplay isnt affected......yes I know ... not likely
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    sounds to me like pwe needs to renegotiate their contract with pw china. get more right to fix bugs and adjust thins as long as the core game and gameplay isnt affected......yes I know ... not likely

Would be cool, but then they would have to hire more staff to alter the code. Means that it won't happen. Sad but true.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Would be cool, but then they would have to hire more staff to alter the code. Means that it won't happen. Sad but true.

when players hear the bugs have been fixed and that all the content is available, severs will begin to fill back up, people will come back and the cost will be offset albeit eventually. no need to hire a whole team a few good programmers can fix the current issues faster then they are being fixed atm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SinCityChick - Dreamweaver
    SinCityChick - Dreamweaver Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Another update: We brought this --^ up with the devs and they did admit that it was another reason for the change. Apparently it's been affecting all versions of PW, so it was implemented in our version as well.

Erm...maybe a dumb question, but are DQ items gonna be affected too? You didn't really specify which was being implemented...
    For those times when *facepalm* and *headdesk* just aren't enough, I present...*brickhead*...painful, effective, and guaranteed to make you forget why you hit yourself in the first place.

R.I.P.:
    SkyLight (faction)
    Andracil (teh BEST MOD EVER!)
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Erm...maybe a dumb question, but are DQ items gonna be affected too? You didn't really specify which was being implemented...

Oh, that's a valid question :)

We didn't ask about DQ items, only decomposition.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Oh, that's a valid question :)

We didn't ask about DQ items, only decomposition.

ask now
    b:beg
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SinCityChick - Dreamweaver
    SinCityChick - Dreamweaver Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Maybe it can be brought up in a later meeting? I would just like to see rumors exposed for being just that...rumors. But if it is going to be affected, it would be nice to know before it happens...
    For those times when *facepalm* and *headdesk* just aren't enough, I present...*brickhead*...painful, effective, and guaranteed to make you forget why you hit yourself in the first place.

R.I.P.:
    SkyLight (faction)
    Andracil (teh BEST MOD EVER!)
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Wow, how pathetic. So let me get this straight... The China devs were getting a lot of hackers, and thus instead of fixing the problem (Making it so hackers can't... ****), they decided to drop the amount of mirages when a item is decomposed? Okay, there is soooo many problems here...

1.) If the China devs are unable to stop hackers from exploiting bugs in PW, then they need to stop being devs and quit. How the hell do you create a game and NOT know how to fix it? Be it laziness or not knowing how to fix it - neither is a credible excuse.

2.) Switching the amount of mirages is okay in China... I get that, they are morons and unable to fix stuff... Okay, I get that. Okay... So why in the hell does this feature get sent to this version - PWI? Why are we paying the price of a fail dev team in China?

3.) PWI should just give up at updating this game. If they are never notified by the China devs to the American devs/GMs, and new stuff like this gets thrown into PWI w/ out a warning, bug-fixes are rarely done, content is thrown out when it has a bug, your going to make people pissed. Naturally... If Facebook one day out of the blue said they now don't support apps + the chat function, and did it out of the blue while the owners of Facebook only knew, and not the dev team... Well, you'd have millions of people SCREAMING and being pissed.

4.) If the DQ drops start selling for less NPC-wise... Okay, first expect people to go berserk on these forums and in-game. I know I will. Second, expect tons of people to ragequit the game. Why? What would be the point in doing any grinding PvE-wise at all if the NPC price of DQ drops get's nerfed? No point at all. This happens, I will personally will be extremely upset.
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    Aedrian - Lost City Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    How lovely, basically, we can't get the old mirage decomp rate back, they have time to do that but after a year+ they have not fixed the Rebirth glitch, nor a monster list that is still waiting for fixes.

Just slap us across the face, Would you all?
    <"shameless self-bump :D" Alexenokin - Lost City>
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

*WTB: -12~-18% chan stuff, pm me in here or in game for details*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    @Frankie

Any feedback from the devs concerning next update and DQ prices ?

Back to thread

we know now that we wont get the old mirages decomp back...

But, Gms, it would be quite pro, if you listed every little bit of info from each patch we do get, and not let us find them the hard way, and then aggroing you.
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • GothicAngeI - Heavens Tear
    GothicAngeI - Heavens Tear Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited April 2010

4.) If the DQ drops start selling for less NPC-wise... Okay, first expect people to go berserk on these forums and in-game. I know I will. Second, expect tons of people to ragequit the game. Why? What would be the point in doing any grinding PvE-wise at all if the NPC price of DQ drops get's nerfed? No point at all. This happens, I will personally will be extremely upset.

Seems to be the general trend now.

Reduce players ingame means to make coin hoping it will force them to charge $ .

If the " Hax " excuse is the real reason things were changed then the fix was idiotic.

**** over 99% of the players because 1% are haxing .. Seriously if it was a problem just remove 3*/DQ drops from the Instances being ****. Solves the problem without **** over everyone else.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited April 2010

Reduce players ingame means to make coin hoping it will force them to charge $ .

If the " Hax " excuse is the real reason things were changed then the fix was idiotic.

**** over 99% of the players because 1% are haxing .. Seriously if it was a problem just remove 3*/DQ drops from the Instances being ****. Solves the problem without **** over everyone else.

How exactly are they hacking again? Too lazy to read through the entire thread, but whatever it is, isn't there some sort of fix they could implement to prevent it being possible, rather than just **** over everybody?
  • GothicAngeI - Heavens Tear
    GothicAngeI - Heavens Tear Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    How exactly are they hacking again? Too lazy to read through the entire thread, but whatever it is, isn't there some sort of fix they could implement to prevent it being possible, rather than just **** over everybody?
    I believe on the Chinese servers, people were using hacks to get to the bosses in fb39 without killing any other mobs. The bosses drop 3* items, the hackers than decompose these items and sell mirages for profits. As a result, the decomposing of 3* items to mirages were altered in one of the patches. Also, just a heads up, people were also using hacks to kill mobs for dq items, so in a recent patch the npc price of all the dq items on the Chinese servers have been reduced by 25%. If you have dq items and intend to npc, sell them NOW.

/10char...
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    @Frankie

Any feedback from the devs concerning next update and DQ prices ?

Back to thread

we know now that we wont get the old mirages decomp back...

But, Gms, it would be quite pro, if you listed every little bit of info from each patch we do get, and not let us find them the hard way, and then aggroing you.

Sorry Reivi, I've got no info on future updates at the moment, but we'll let everyone know when we can.
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Sorry Reivi, I've got no info on future updates at the moment, but we'll let everyone know when we can.

And on top of everything, now that I am upgrading my tailor skills, I just happened to create a *3 with crappy stats, and how lovely, at least the *1 and *2 can be decomposed into chi stones, But the *3? Since it was a low level gear, same decomp fee as if it had been able to produce mirages and yet, not a single mirage as a result of decomp.

Ofc, I npc'd it, duh. Lame.
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    why not just make drops almost never obtainable for at least 10 LVLs below instead... No real money trade things please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Shinsen - Lost City
    Shinsen - Lost City Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2010

If it is really the way PWE is thinkin', then it's s **** way of making $. More players enjoy the game, more new comers, more potential cash shoppers.

Ofcs, now it seems it is going this way. The wrong way. I won't fantasize how it should be done - there were plenty of topics, opinions about that already. The only thing i think it would be wise to do - don't let players affect gold prices via AH. The gold price should be stable - let's say 250k - 300k = 1g. That way it would be possible to farm coins for gold for those who can't afford spending lots of $. And the heavy cash shopper wouldnt feel the difference anyway.
  • shootingstarvn
    shootingstarvn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    they are removing all ways to make coins ingame

packs made mats , shards , dice tickets ( from chips) , subs low priced and 100 + BH gives less coins if u get them

also mirages now :( and maybe dq?

weeks of 2x drop made molds,tt mats more useless
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    And on top of everything, now that I am upgrading my tailor skills, I just happened to create a *3 with crappy stats, and how lovely, at least the *1 and *2 can be decomposed into chi stones, But the *3? Since it was a low level gear, same decomp fee as if it had been able to produce mirages and yet, not a single mirage as a result of decomp.

Ofc, I npc'd it, duh. Lame.

I was under the impression that crafted 3 * items held the previous decomposition rate for mirages.

Oh well....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I was under the impression that crafted 3 * items held the previous decomposition rate for mirages.

Oh well....

OHT 3* do still have the same amount of mirages when decomp

didnt try "normal" craft for a long time
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    OHT 3* do still have the same amount of mirages when decomp

didnt try "normal" craft for a long time

This new mirage decomposition rate is a pain.

It was my main source of mirages as TT run (another good source for them) generally isn't worth my while and at the moment on Dreamweaver I don't see many good deals for them.

Regards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    ... Guess the lack of answer speaks for itself, we have been forsaken, we the honest people who used to wine a BH run for *3 in order to get mirages.

Tabbers getting nothing but a HA *3 after farming wines for their own FB runs, when they are arcane.

At least we were able to get those mirages in the past, not like now, that we have to buy them, and if you add the 20% price reduction on DQ, getting mirages is way harder.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    I think Frankie might ask about this too when contacting the CN devs about that DQ -20% issue. I'm pretty sure that if the DQ nerf isn't coming here, this will be removed too. The reason is simple; both are done to prevent bots, which aren't an issue here.
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I just got a set of 3* boots from an FB39 that if I pay 5000 coins will decompose into ... nothing. Absolutely nothing. What a bargain! (yes, they're repaired)
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    drjiggle wrote: »
    I just got a set of 3* boots from an FB39 that if I pay 5000 coins will decompose into ... nothing. Absolutely nothing. What a bargain! (yes, they're repaired)

That is another thing that ticks me off about this stupid change. If you are going to alter something like this, at least do it properly! No other gear decomposes into nothing. Set it so that the lower 3* items decomp into a different type of stone if you are going to take away our mirages. Although, I don't see why they can't decomp into one mirage, since the other stuff gives two.

To me, this change is about as bad as the possible upcoming DQ nerf. We are getting punished for people exploiting things on other servers and the end result is that it is even more difficult for those that don't buy zen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    drjiggle wrote: »

I got luckier than you. For some reason it won't let me decomp a lvl 36 pair of arcane boots at all. It won't even tell me the required level you need to be to decomp them. YES they are repaired. Such a waste... GRRRRRR
    That is another thing that ticks me off about this stupid change. If you are going to alter something like this, at least do it properly! No other gear decomposes into nothing. Set it so that the lower 3* items decomp into a different type of stone if you are going to take away our mirages. Although, I don't see why they can't decomp into one mirage, since the other stuff gives two.

To me, this change is about as bad as the possible upcoming DQ nerf. We are getting punished for people exploiting things on other servers and the end result is that it is even more difficult for those that don't buy zen.

This is terrible.. I agree with you. :( I looked forward to all the mirages I got as a result of 3 star drops ... since it usually takes me 50 to even get a +2 on anything :( bye bye refines.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    There would be a simple thing to do: make it so that only the FBs up to 51 have 3* items that decomp into nothing, but 59+ is normal with normal rates.
  • Rumble - Harshlands
    Rumble - Harshlands Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Let's face it. PWI is trying something underhanded here or at least trying to get one by on the sly. Lesser mirages in circulation from naturally occurring game events (i.e. decomps, TT, etc) would mean that more people would need to:

1) Buy more packs that have mirage drops
    b) Buy more D. Orbs because there will be less mirages out there to take a chance refining with for free. (By free i mean with mirages only - no aids)
    III) someone on another thread posted that in other version of PW they sell mirages in the cash shop. Wow!! That would be a surprise.

I'm not buying the whole bot problem here. To make it through a fb39 in decent time to be worth while you would need some high levels (Higher then the good range for drops i.e. 4x). The higher the levels the lower the drop rate so they'd have to do it a ton. They also say that they **** it so there are no mobs? How about fixing the code to prevent that? How many mirages does a fb39 3 star drop give anyways? I can't imagine that if you get 1 out of every 6 runs doing it with a high level player to make it go faster you would drastically change the economy any more then they have with the addition of the packs.

It sounds like either this is a lame excuse trying to protect a more cash shop related venture they are about to release or they aren't that smart and haven't really thought about the issue and what really is the cause and effect. If the former I can understand to a degree. They are a company trying to make money, but come on! Own up to it. If the latter well then they are what I like to refer to as educated morons. Really book smart people who have zero common sense. No offense meant.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    I'm not buying the whole bot problem here. To make it through a fb39 in decent time to be worth while you would need some high levels (Higher then the good range for drops i.e. 4x). The higher the levels the lower the drop rate so they'd have to do it a ton. They also say that they **** it so there are no mobs? How about fixing the code to prevent that? How many mirages does a fb39 3 star drop give anyways? I can't imagine that if you get 1 out of every 6 runs doing it with a high level player to make it go faster you would drastically change the economy any more then they have with the addition of the packs.

It sounds like either this is a lame excuse trying to protect a more cash shop related venture they are about to release or they aren't that smart and haven't really thought about the issue and what really is the cause and effect. If the former I can understand to a degree. They are a company trying to make money, but come on! Own up to it. If the latter well then they are what I like to refer to as educated morons. Really book smart people who have zero common sense. No offense meant.

What they do is very simple: glich inside the wall, kill the bosses and repeat. There are hundreds of bots doing that every minute. You might not know but many things such as Forest Ruins and montly/annual horse race were just plain removed because of the same reason.