thinking of building an assassin

Yulk - Heavens Tear
Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Assassin
I would make a female assassin soon... b:surrender the male one I made look a bit weird IMO.

I don't want to be pure DEX assassin. But I think about building my asssassin with

1.5 STR, 3 DEX and 0.5 VIT every LVL, meaning 3 STR, 6 DEX and 1 VIT every 2 LVLs.

Reason: I want more survivability on my assassin, so I figure with VIT and HP helmet would help me get good amounts of HP.

Thoughts? b:cute
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
Post edited by Yulk - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• AeonieX - Heavens Tear
    AeonieX - Heavens Tear Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Vit points aren't worth it on sin imo. 1 vit point is an extra 10hp, think that number varies dependent on class but maybe i'm just thinking of hp you get when you lvl..
    AeonieX - Hybrid Vit Veno 6x
    HarmieX - Pure Mag Psychic 6x
    KyraneiX - Axe/Fist BM 4x
    KyranthoX - Axe Barb 2x
    KyyranthoX - Hybrid Cleric 2x
    AskariX - Pure Dex Assassin 2x
    KyraneiiX - Pure Dex Archer 0x
    AeoniiX - Pure Mag Wizard 0x
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    That's... quite possibly one of the worst assassin builds I've ever seen.

First, you're gimping your damage for HP. Ok, fair enough. People do it, though god knows why.

Then, you're gimping your HP for... strength? For a helmet? Do you know what the change is in helmets for each grade? 15 higher strength requirement, and 25 higher HP (for 3-stars). Do you know what 15 points of vit equals? 185 HP. 185 HP > 25 HP.

If you're going to add strength beyond the LA requirements, go whole hog and get the 2.5 points per level for Heavy Armor.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    That's... quite possibly one of the worst assassin builds I've ever seen.

First, you're gimping your damage for HP. Ok, fair enough. People do it, though god knows why.

Then, you're gimping your HP for... strength? For a helmet? Do you know what the change is in helmets for each grade? 15 higher strength requirement, and 25 higher HP (for 3-stars). Do you know what 15 points of vit equals? 185 HP. 185 HP > 25 HP.

If you're going to add strength beyond the LA requirements, go whole hog and get the 2.5 points per level for Heavy Armor.

I'll go pure VIT then, but I still want to use HP helmet, since I am going melee. I am better off as a tank than a DD anyways =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Qingzi - Harshlands
    Qingzi - Harshlands Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I'll go pure VIT then, but I still want to use HP helmet, since I am going melee. I am better off as a tank than a DD anyways =P

Not with an Assassin
  • SlashSin - Lost City
    SlashSin - Lost City Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited April 2010

Stop trolling the assassin forums...

And if you're serious, stick with your BM and don't make a sin lol
    The only sin to go from 1 to 102 completely nude b:cool
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I'll go pure VIT then, but I still want to use HP helmet, since I am going melee.
    For once, I actually agree with you. +MP is a useless stat in 99.9% of situations. It's just that you'll be using ones below your level.

Notice how even archers use HP helmets. We just use ones with -requirement, or lower level ones, in order to avoid having to increase our strength. The main exception is the Warsoul of Earth, because it's simply that awesome.

As for a tanking assassin... that's an idea on par with your LA BM in terms of uselessness, really. Unless you get to endgame, and start stacking interval and perma-sparking. And I mean true endgame, as in 95+, not your apparent endgame, which is ~60 or something.