When to use hypers in FC

ZadeSezuo - Dreamweaver
ZadeSezuo - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
i wonder when should i use hypers in FC (at first time) and when to stop them etc ?
and btw is there any FC guide ? i tried search in google with no sucess
Post edited by ZadeSezuo - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Get in vent with someone in the party with you so they can tell you when you should and shouldn't hyper. That's really the best and easiest way.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • MurderPriest - Harshlands
    MurderPriest - Harshlands Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Well, depending on your budget...

You CAN hyper right as every single boss dies and when big pulls come in, burn a TON of time off your hyper stones, and get as much as a full level(8x) per run, at the cost of 5 bucks or so per run.

OR, and this is what I use, you can wait until the XP room, activate the stones for the massive mob pull, then pause them again until the heads. You can get about half a level this way in exchange for 5 minutes of your Hyper time.(8x) This stretches your hypers further and lets you level more times for less. The downside is that it is slower.

Also, I'm working on writing an FC guide as soon as finals are over. I've been solo healing it since 73, so I'm pretty familiar with it.
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    It depends how much you're willing to use.

At a bare minimum, you want to hyper the biggest pull. It's called the EXP room for a reason. This will cost ~2 minutes of hyper time at most, for significant returns.

After that, I'd say priority goes to hypering Oceania Master, activating ~30 seconds before he dies, and leaving it activated through the Frozen Heads. This will cost maybe 4-5 minutes of hyper time.

Any more than that comes down to personal preference. Each activation costs 1 minute of hyper time, so it comes down to what you think is worth the cost. In general, any time you're pulling a large number of mobs, or when a boss is near-dead, is a good candidate for using Hyper EXP.
  • Night_Wind_ - Lost City
    Night_Wind_ - Lost City Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Guide for Forgotten Frostlands:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=415272

Hope that helps a bit.
  • _Rosaly_ - Lost City
    _Rosaly_ - Lost City Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    The answer is: never at all.
    Level the slow(er) way. It pays off in not being a power leveled high level noob, and having gears and coin to support your character. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ophida - Dreamweaver
    Ophida - Dreamweaver Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    When (if) I use them, I activate when there's approx 30k hp left on each boss, for the big pulls and the dragons (especially if team pulls 6+). Pause straight after each of these to minimise dead time. Each FC run uses about 20 mins worth of hyper exp this way. There might be better ways, but that's worked ok for me so far.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    As has been said, it depends on how much time of your Hyper you are willing to use. If you don't mind using 20/30 minutes or so of Hyper, then you can turn on at:

Every boss, when they have about 30k HP left. Remember, in lower level squads, you can wait a little longer to turn Hyper on, because the boss will take a few seconds longer to die. (Say, 15k in a low 8x squad with only a few higher 8x members.)

The larger pulls. By this, I'm focusing more on the pulls with the Iceshadow Assassins or whatever they're names are. If you're going to waste Hyper minutes here, I recommend only doing so if you're with a squad who can zhen both the hall and the room, because it means you won't be wasting much time on your Hyper. There are two pulls like this throughout FC and at around 8x they're worth a fair bit.

The EXP room. If you don't turn on here, you either forgot (as many do, and then we all moan we forgot, to boot) or you're just a little on the dumb side. After this large pull, make sure you turn on Hyper for Oceania as well and leave it on. The heads are going to take up the most time from your Hyper but they're also the one place where you want Hyper active. It's a lot of EXP and isn't known as "bonus round" for nothing.

If you really don't care about the Hyper time you waste, the dragons are the other mobs worth turning on Hyper for. The problem with this is they take a while to kill between their AoE stun spams and there's also several groups of them. Now, if you're in a squad who can deal with about nine of these things at the same time in a relatively timely manner, that's a whole other story.

The above is only recommended if you really wanna be a complete Hyper noob, and only if you have a near endless supply of stones to make up for the fact you're only going to get two FC runs if you turn on at every place suggested. It's easily worth near an entire level at 8x, but it's more economical to do the following:

If you actually want your Hyper to last for a decent amount of time, I would say turn on at the EXP room's first big pull, Oceania and the bonus round, and maybe every other boss after Oceania if you want a bit of EXP from them. This way you aren't spending all your cash on Hypers, because they can actually easily last six to eight runs. Easily.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Smobo - Heavens Tear
    Smobo - Heavens Tear Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Every time you turn on hyper, it costs you 1 minute of time. Going by 1 gold = 350k.

1 min x 12 = 29.1k
    1 min x 8 = 17.5k
    1 min x 6 = 11.6k
    1 min x 5 = 8.75k
    1 min x 4 = 5.8k

This is an estimate for what you'd get if you soloed. You don't get this much in a squad, but the ratio stays the same (unless someone dies ofc).
    1. Thunderclaw                8,325 exp
    2. Diabolic Shocktrooper      29,204 exp
    3. Cyclotra Styren	     30,470 exp
    4. Dreadindra                 31,881 exp
    5. Asoteric Runewolf       31,881 exp
    6. Messenger of Fear      53,057 exp
    7. Oceania Master           52,171 exp
    8.  Decaying Fragrance      	53,951 exp
    9. Asoteric Runephoenix  	34,194 exp
    10. Hooleen (1st form)        27,878 exp
    11. Holeen (2nd form)  	55,757 exp
    Approximate values of things (Based on highest level being 95, and everyone getting 1/3 solo exp, these are estimates I could be wrong)
    Ice assassin hallways           ~65,000exp (~1/12*3 of 1.3% of 16.6mil)
    Half the exp room mobs       ~110,000 exp (~1/12*3 of 2% of 16.6mil)
    The exp room mobs (no harpy)    ~220,000 exp (~1/12*3 of 4% of 16.6mil)
    Frozen head                       	5,020 exp
    50 frozen heads                      ~251,000 exp + 50k quest reward (which can't be hypered)
    Dragoon                                    10,648 exp
    The rest (shades, mobs groups, ect)  ~100-200k I'm guessing, never really measured. 

You get typically ~1/3 of the solo value in a squad of 6 (PWI doesn't divide exp evenly,everyone get more).
    Before hypers came out, the best place to use ESOs in a moderate 8x squad was just before messanger of fear. Hypering oceania master has very little cost if you're hypering heads (which you should be).

If you intend on using hypers, I suggest using them at minimum on the exp room mobs (not the harpies), oceania master and the heads. Doing any less than this is not worth bringing hypers for. Going by my numbers, having 6 80-95ish people spliting the exp up into 1/3s each:

Hyperless run: 425k exp
    Single ESO run: 625k exp
    Big room & heads x 4 : 1050k (Approx 6 minutes or 35k/run)
    Big room & heads x 5 : 1227k (Approx 6 minutes or 44k/run)
    Big room & heads x 6 : 1375k (Approx 6 minutes or 70k/run)
    Big room & heads x 8 : 1700k (Approx 6 minutes or 105k/run)
    Big room & heads x 12: 2,350k (Aprox 6 minutes or 175k/run)
    Big room, heads & bosses over 50k base x 8: 2,100k (Aprox 10 minutes or 175k/run) (You'd be better off hypering less at x12)
    Big room, heads & bosses over 50k base x 12: 2,950k (Aprox 10 minutes or 290k/run)
    All bosses except the 1st, big room, heads, assassins, dragoons x 12 : 4650k (aprox 18-20 mins or ~600k/run)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "People who quote themselves in their signatures are silly. I mean, they can just make up whatever **** they want, and since they said it in their siggie, its a quote." - Smobo
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    ow so i used hyper in right way i guess =o

sometimes icemobs before runewolf

then 6th Messenger of Fear (u may leave hyper turned on if everyone tp asap and kill mobs in next room)

then big pull and heads and all bosses (except lil holem) and no dragons

btw seems phoenix is cheap exp too =/

doing it like that u can use hour hyper session in 4-5 runs
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Ophida - Dreamweaver
    Ophida - Dreamweaver Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I was referred to this thread (funnily enough by the author...) http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=7924512
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com