HA assassin,one more time

Options
_Tsunami_ - Lost City
_Tsunami_ - Lost City Posts: 162 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Assassin
Hi, i was thinking about my endgame gear and game play but today i saw an assassin lvl 101 on harshland and he use HA + fists.
I must say it, was amazing! He killed everyone,no matter the class or the lvl...but now my question is: why a HA assassin and not a fist bm? I mean, the assassin use daggers, is born for that if some1 want to use fists why don't a bm?

What an assassin get more than a bm? (i can't belive that it's just for wolfemblem and bloodpaint, 2 buffs vs weapon maestry +skills)

Can a demon bm do the same things that a fist assassin do or even better (like kill everything)

What build is advised to use the HA and is it really worth?
Post edited by _Tsunami_ - Lost City on

Comments

• Islamey - Dreamweaver
    Islamey - Dreamweaver Posts: 586 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    you can switch to daggers to activate the skills, powerdash for example, then switch to fist.
    You basically get the dps of a fist BM while being able to use assassin skills.
    The chillum is sometimes referred to as a chalice, based on a quote from the Biblical book of Deuteronomy. Thanks and praises are offered to Jah before smoking the chillum.
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    you can switch to daggers to activate the skills, powerdash for example, then switch to fist.
    You basically get the dps of a fist BM while being able to use assassin skills.

pretty much this. fist BM's dont use skills except roar for stun (unless they swap to pole or axe for ulti then back to fists)

you basically get to do the same. throw daggers on hit wolf emblem hit power dash swap to fists and swing away. you can also start in stealth on fights.

i still prefer LA over HA and fists though. for about the same costs you can still have high interval with higher crit, HA users usually have 15-19% base crit. LA can have 30% base crit
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • StretchIt - Harshlands
    StretchIt - Harshlands Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    b:chuckle ^_^ he doesn't kill me :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I haven't gone through the math of it all but I'm pretty sure end game Sin with equivalent interval gears will out DD HA fists Sins.

You are 0.1 second slower with daggers (which is somewhat significant towards endgame due to already small interval) but you'll have higher crit %, which directly adds to your % of DPS. Each crit % actually adds more than 1% DPS to Sins due to Emblem.

Dagger Sins get more attack bonus from having more DEX than fists Sin having STR. The amazing thing about a DEX based damage class is that you don't have to split your points to STR for damage and DEX for crit. You get both.

You can switch weapons fast with hotkeys but that still takes time. Having to spam dagger switching then escape is not ideal when you are stunned and ganked. If you need to tele stun another target, sleep the fists BM that just sparked next to you, or just use Inner to get more chi, you'll need to switch weapon again.

Ri$en on Dreamweaver (Lvl 101?), much better gears than Deity, started with HA fists because he was using the same gears from his BM. He eventually got full interval LA armor and gears, along with recasted -0.1 daggers (and full recasted set of LA for the looks, I think >.>). I haven't seen him since demon spark came out, but I wouldn't be surprised if he can drop 9X Barb while Invoke is still on.
  • _Tsunami_ - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Dunno about Ri$en but deity was amazing...every opponent don't last more than some seconds,no matter the lvl and class...about my endgame i was thinking about going DPH and choose sage but now...really now i don't know, probably DPS it's better...
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    Options
    DPS is where endgame is at. I'm just saying that the DPS is going to be even higher with daggers.

He tried to get me yesterday. Occult Iced me in the air and had to fly over. By the time he got close, Ice was up. I Ice, demon sparked, Inner, Headhunt, auto attacked. He died before landing a single hit. I die most of the time since I can't see him, but the unsparked damages from the fists aren't that impressive for lvl 101.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Last time I saw Ri$en he was still using the same leggings (HA) as his BM (armor).

Not sure about the rest though
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • PinkSuccubuS - Lost City
    PinkSuccubuS - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ur still gona die to a fist/axe dex build barb no matter how much u cash shop if barb cash shop 2 we are tank u aint we can still hit u still not seen a sin/archer with 6k evesion
    cos my barb have 6k acc when me is on bloodbath mode u fail barb wins b:laugh
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ur still gona die to a fist/axe dex build barb no matter how much u cash shop if barb cash shop 2 we are tank u aint we can still hit u still not seen a sin/archer with 6k evesion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAOxY_nHdew
  • Syflka - Heavens Tear
    Syflka - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    b:laugh b:chuckle
  • _Tsunami_ - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options

As said in another thread,i hate when someone write "i can,you can't so quit now" or "i'm able to bla bla bla and i can kill you in bla bla bla".

For the next time, please avoid to post. I made this discussion to understand "how",have some advices and to know the right way to build a char and so on. We absolutly no need of a troll like you.

Bye
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    As said in another thread,i hate when someone write "i can,you can't so quit now" or "i'm able to bla bla bla and i can kill you in bla bla bla".

For the next time, please avoid to post. I made this discussion to understand "how",have some advices and to know the right way to build a char and so on. We absolutly no need of a troll like you.

Bye

i'll be flying around now looking for this cleric and killing them till they bring their barb then destroying that. my guess is it will involve lots of rage PMs and QQ from them during and after b:chuckle
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

Nomather how much accuracy you have, you're still ganna mis 25% of your the skils you use against an assasin. It's called focused mind
    And ofcourse get yourself stunned
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Nomather how much accuracy you have, you're still ganna mis 25% of your the skils you use against an assasin. It's called focused mind
    And ofcourse get yourself stunned

offtopic: DAMN YOUR SIG! b:cry .............do dododo dododo dododo........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmCCQxVBfyM&feature=related
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    offtopic: DAMN YOUR SIG! b:cry .............do dododo dododo dododo........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmCCQxVBfyM&feature=related

o gawd it be contagious!
    b:infuriated
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Islamey - Dreamweaver
    Islamey - Dreamweaver Posts: 586 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    cos my barb have 6k acc when me is on bloodbath mode u fail barb wins

Its not like us assassins pay much attention to our evasion. Its pretty much taken for granted that an opponent we are up against has enough accuracy to ignore our evasion. So if that's your sole argument, it falls on deaf ears.

Learn2Grammar in the mean time.
    The chillum is sometimes referred to as a chalice, based on a quote from the Biblical book of Deuteronomy. Thanks and praises are offered to Jah before smoking the chillum.
  • FortySeven - Raging Tide
    FortySeven - Raging Tide Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ^^^^ Roflmao you made my day, flawless victory to Okeano..
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    How much DPS would a HA sin lose to a LA sin?
    >.<
  • Sneakret - Heavens Tear
    Sneakret - Heavens Tear Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    "tank u aint we can still hit u still not seen a sin/archer with 6k evesion "

I don't seem to be able to grasp the sentence structure you're using in the post, but you are asking about evade.

During the lower levels to **** around I ran an evade set at 6x with roughly 3.8k and saw "Miss" fly up constantly. A friend of mine on the server decided to continue on this route at 90 and uses grade 10+ evade shards along with the % gain in evade ornaments giving him roughly 6.5 unbuffed and considerably more w/archer evade gain.

Keep in mind squishies will still drop your **** like this, but it is a ridiculously fun build to toy around with.
    I can see what you see not,
    Vision milky, then eyes rot.
    When you turn, they will be gone,
    Whispering their hidden song.
    Then you see what cannot be,
    Shadows move where light should be.
    Out of darkness, out of mind,
    Cast down into the Halls of the Blind.