Faction Rep/Bank

YordaUjain - Dreamweaver
YordaUjain - Dreamweaver Posts: 242 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Suggestion Box
Overview: Faction rep, gained through doing tasks for the faction, faction bank. No need for alts anymore.

Intro
Faction rep, is shown in the faction window and basically shows how commited you are to the faction.

Faction rep could be given by doing things for the faction which could include:

-Doing FBs
-Donating to the bank or doing tasks for the bank (read below)
-Being online
-Being promoted
-Recruiting a player

Benefits of faction rep
  • Looking good in the faction (for show off reasons)
  • Gives players something to "work for" in a faction
  • Prizes could be given out for players with best rep within faction i.e. (Player x with 300 rep gains *insert here* for *time?*

How it works
Rep is given by the system (leaders could have control over rep also) by doing "good" for the faction. Rep could also be lost i.e. if player leaves faction, rep is reset to 0. The system would work in a similar way to how the rep works when you finish a quest. Gain x rep.

Faction Bank
A hugely needed feature I think, up till now I have seen factions make different characters calling it *FactionName* Then *NameOfBank* i.e. *TeddyTTbank*. Having a more organized faction bank would greatly aid factions.

Banking system
Marshals and above can gain access to the faction bank, while any faction member can donate to it. An NPC with things that can be donated for faction rep is an idea. I.e. 10 low herbs for X rep. The bank itself would be the same as a player bank, but slightly bigger, item mall equipment could possibly be used to increase the size of the bank.

This feature should be unlocked at level 3. Or it might be an idea to make a level 4 faction (not increasing player cap) and just adding the bank at level 4.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PLAYING PWI FOR FRIENDS (CHAT) ONLY, NO ZEN CHARGING, NO GAINING GEAR. MOVING TO GUILD WARS 2 UPON LAUNCH WITH FACTION.

Got Dot? Why Not? It PAYS! website.ws/tomujain
Post edited by YordaUjain - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• parrotclaws
    parrotclaws Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I actually think thats a pretty good ideab:laughb:chuckleb:thanks

The bank idea sounds good, and so does the rep. I like it. b:victory
  • TenaciousVix - Lost City
    TenaciousVix - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Not sure about rep, and yes to bank.
    Bank is needed b:laugh

Rep less so, but not like it hurts.
    I just think it'd take away from the "family" feel of factions I've been in. Competition within the faction.. meh.
    Our faction leader knows who has contributed to the family. If you're a good faction leader, you'd know that. Keep it strictly social, I say.
  • Pchan - Dreamweaver
    Pchan - Dreamweaver Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Faction Bank idea is okay, but the rep idea is making it sound like a certain game I used to play. Then again, faction bank idea is going to ruin the account stash stone they've released as a boutique item. Many players would just make a faction and transfer their stuffs there, killing their stash stone sale. b:surrender
  • YordaUjain - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Faction Bank idea is okay, but the rep idea is making it sound like a certain game I used to play. Then again, faction bank idea is going to ruin the account stash stone they've released as a boutique item. Many players would just make a faction and transfer their stuffs there, killing their stash stone sale. b:surrender

That's why I suggested a level 4 faction (not adding to player cap). It could be a feature unlocked at level 3 also though, Upgrading your faction from 1 to 3 is already 10mil, people who want to make a faction just for the bank would need to fork out 10mil. Not really worth it as the stash stone is less then 10mill . Level 3 to 4, could cost another 12mil, possibly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PLAYING PWI FOR FRIENDS (CHAT) ONLY, NO ZEN CHARGING, NO GAINING GEAR. MOVING TO GUILD WARS 2 UPON LAUNCH WITH FACTION.

• Pchan - Dreamweaver
    Pchan - Dreamweaver Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    That's why I suggested a level 4 faction (not adding to player cap). It could be a feature unlocked at level 3 also though, Upgrading your faction from 1 to 3 is already 10mil, people who want to make a faction just for the bank would need to fork out 10mil. Not really worth it as the stash stone is less then 10mill . Level 3 to 4, could cost another 12mil, possibly.

I'll be honest I didn't read the last part of your suggestion post, but in my opinion, it would create a lot more social issues. I've seen it from other games where people run off with a certain rare item from guild bank, and yes, these people are willing to work with the rank system until they are able to possess the bank themselves... which then leads to harassment, flames and trolls over public chat channels. This would create more work for PW that I don't see they are willing to take care of (sorry PW, no offense there...). I am not saying everyone will do that, but trust is such a big issue to work with. Much apologies for playing devil's advocate b:surrender
  • YordaUjain - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    We could always just give the faction leader access to the bank, maybe the director also. I still think it's a good idea. tbh, what you said there could happen to a bank run by an alt anyway, and I know LOADS of factions with alt banks. This just makes things easier for us instead of the need for alts to store items.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• desirez
    desirez Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    rep not really needed, what would be the advantage of faction rep and how would it grow?

would it be...

A. Rep of all members totaled
    B. Rep gained by members during the time they were in the faction
    C. Rep gained in a manner like Public quest
    D. Rep gained by doing TW's, WQ's, races, ect that get your faction noticed
    E. Combinations of a,b,c

What would be the advantage of having the most faction rep in the game?
    to say hey im in the faction with the most rep

that doesn't say much to me personally, unless it's merit based

Faction bank however should be implimented. It should be a few pages long, BUT should be aquired for coin by the faction creator npc. I believe u should be able to expand it page by page to accomadate hugh loads of mats, growing factions, and the other assorted goodies like refined goods. All players should have access to SEE that faction bank but only marshalls or higher should be able to dip into the bank.

Wait did i say marshalls? OMG blasphemy they're not allowed to do anything but invite people and promo to exec!!! :O
    SizeMatters 91 sage barb
    Goorin 97 demon archer
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    Aedrian - Lost City Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    This idea = Good!

Everybody being able to see the bank contents = Bad, unless it is a feature that can be turned on and off by the faction leader, since it would lead to situations like this

Faction Leader : I wish we had a Wheel of Fate to lend you

Comissioner : Ehm, I am looking at the faction bank as we speak, and there IS a Wheel of Fate there

Faction Leader : There is one, but it can only be lent to personal friends and people whom I trust enough

Comissioner : Don't you trust me? Need me to donate? Be online? Or is this one of those guilds where you can NEVER get your things done unless you are an officer's best friend!

D R A M A

Comissioner ragequits the guild and drags the guild's name on the ground at WC.

Or

Comissioner gets the Wheel of Fate and sells it / drops it / lends it to another person / accidentally npcs it and there is no way to get it back.
    <"shameless self-bump :D" Alexenokin - Lost City>
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

*WTB: -12~-18% chan stuff, pm me in here or in game for details*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i do like the faction bank idea but not the rep system it could lead to alot of abuse

like when no officers are online or if the only officer on is player 1 in my example
    player 1: you have been here so long and yet your rep points are so low you should leave this faction you are bad for our name
    player 2: but I got good reasons not be online alot and thats also why im stil such a low lvl and can't help much
    player 1:so what, you just should leave we hate it for getting lower in reputation rank because of people like you

see that it could cause drama as long as theres 1 rude person or person in an extremly bad mood I dont think we will get happier because off a system like this
    and i could post a few other reasons why this idea isn't any good however i dont have the time at the moment so i will post it later
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • Riney - Raging Tide
    Riney - Raging Tide Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Rep increased max size of bank.

There you go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    xRiney - League of Legends. TwilightSparkle / Rarity - Path of Exile closed beta. Dark_Marine - Firefall

Proud brony.
  • ladyamen
    ladyamen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    love the idea!
  • Livetopaddle - Archosaur
    Livetopaddle - Archosaur Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The idea of a faction bank is awesome . . the officers know who has done work with in the faction and can issue items accordingly. The donation tallies are simple enuf. Problems arise when as a lower lvl toon those donations are not going to = what u Will need and higher lvl toons will be able to donate more pricey(worthwhile) mats so it still leaves noobs at the **** end of the stick no matter how Active or helpful they may be
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The idea of a faction bank is awesome . . the officers know who has done work with in the faction and can issue items accordingly. The donation tallies are simple enuf. Problems arise when as a lower lvl toon those donations are not going to = what u Will need and higher lvl toons will be able to donate more pricey(worthwhile) mats so it still leaves noobs at the **** end of the stick no matter how Active or helpful they may be
    NECROOO!!!!!!!

Livetopaddle - Archosaur replied to a message that was 3 years 7 months 5 days 1 hour 58 minutes old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    What they need to do is add a faction bank option inside base which is largely unused anyway. This way people can't just pop factions to use as storage.

Also, make faction bank expand-able through people doing Base Quests. They could give out additional points or some different kind of construction points used for building the bank.

Moreover, they could add an option such as "view bank" so members can see what the bank has without having to ask officers. Perhaps, another option such as "request item" where the member can ask for an item and the officer can send it to said member whenever they check the bank or something.

Boutique item to expand the faction bank is meh but that's probably something they'd do xD

EDIT: oh sh- o.o didn't notice it was a necro
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    Closed for necro

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.