TW Fix I wish PWE Would Make

ThunderGut - Dreamweaver
ThunderGut - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Suggestion Box
I know this has been brought up so many time before, but I want to bring it up again because TW is so flawed. I am not "QQing" or anything like that, because I have never been in a TW. Every week I see factions bidding on the territories trying there best to take territories from the dominating faction on the map, (Calamity on the server I am on) usually to no avail. These factions try everything they can to spread Calamities forces thin, by timing there attacks as close together as possible, so that in theory at least one of them can take one of there territories. It usually doesn't work because Calamity easily has some of the best equiped players and rushes the other faction so they get to there next TW in 5 or so minutes. There in lies the flaw that bothers me with TW, the spacing between attacks that seems as if it is required (correct me if I am wrong about the required spacing). Why can't factions all attack at the same time so that the faction who dominates the map must split its players up or choose which territories to defend. This seems more realistic to me, and more challenging (at least for calamity).
Post edited by ThunderGut - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I know this has been brought up so many time before, but I want to bring it up again because TW is so flawed. I am not "QQing" or anything like that, because I have never been in a TW. Every week I see factions bidding on the territories trying there best to take territories from the dominating faction on the map, (Calamity on the server I am on) usually to no avail. These factions try everything they can to spread Calamities forces thin, by timing there attacks as close together as possible, so that in theory at least one of them can take one of there territories. It usually doesn't work because Calamity easily has some of the best equiped players and rushes the other faction so they get to there next TW in 5 or so minutes. There in lies the flaw that bothers me with TW, the spacing between attacks that seems as if it is required (correct me if I am wrong about the required spacing). Why can't factions all attack at the same time so that the faction who dominates the map must split its players up or choose which territories to defend. This seems more realistic to me, and more challenging (at least for calamity).

The 3 minute spacing of battles is a necessary server function. Remember at that instant, as many as 160 people are loading up into a new instance. That in inself creates a slight lag on those that happen to hit the enter alightly later then others. Now imagine 5 times that many entering instances all at the same time, would crash the server more then likely, or slow it to a crawl for several minutes.

However the timing isnt so far apart as you think, it takes a good 5-6 minutes to win in a full on crystal rush. That means those players arent available for the next 2 time slots. The TW guilds know this, and split their members. Many of the nonsense guilds bidding can honestly easily be taken out by 24 or so members of the dominant faction in twice the time (10-12 minutes) and thereby the faction really is splitting its forces up. The nonsense guilds are just not providing them with any challenge.
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Ideally,you want strong factions to triple attack another faction. In RQ, we had small guilds attack us along with Spectral(GZ) who had good gear. We would have highest players in CQ(GZ) war, and have the lower levels in the smaller guilds wars. By the time we finished the smaller war's, we jump in the Spectral (GZ) war and commence a 3 hour war :D

Soo it doesn't matter how many guild attack that one guild, just depends on the skills, amount of people and gear in the other factions. I think maybe 60 players that are 9x and have decent gear...have two guilds of those and they should put up a fight.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • ThunderGut - Dreamweaver
    ThunderGut - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Ah ok, that is a really good point Darksylph. I guess the next suggestion would be to create different instances for TW to accomodate multiple TW's at the exact same time. PWE could even make it interesting and have the different instances reflect the terrain in that territory, or at least have a more or less generic desert, water, mountains, plateau, and field instances which reflect the territory you are trying to keep or defend. I know that sounds like a lot, but I think it would be cool. b:victory Plus, I know a lot of the factions that are attacking aren't that good, but a lot of bad factions (lets say 15) attacking at the same time with the good ones will definitly spread a dominating faction's forces thin.
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Ah ok, that is a really good point Darksylph. I guess the next suggestion would be to create different instances for TW to accomodate multiple TW's at the exact same time. PWE could even make it interesting and have the different instances reflect the terrain in that territory, or at least have a more or less generic desert, water, mountains, plateau, and field instances which reflect the territory you are trying to keep or defend. I know that sounds like a lot, but I think it would be cool. b:victory Plus, I know a lot of the factions that are attacking aren't that good, but a lot of bad factions (lets say 15) attacking at the same time with the good ones will definitly spread a dominating faction's forces thin.

Even as seperate instances (which they are atm), when they are all loading up on the server with 160 x 3(to 5) people loading into instances at any one time will create way too much strain on the server
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I know this has been brought up so many time before

Then there's no point in bringing it up yet again.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Even as seperate instances (which they are atm), when they are all loading up on the server with 160 x 3(to 5) people loading into instances at any one time will create way too much strain on the server

I doubt server load is a big issue. At any one time there are hundreds of instances and thousands of catshops being managed.

The real limit appears to be 7 simultaneous TW

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=670772
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • ladyamen
    ladyamen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    they should just do SOMETHING against this unfair TW System b:surrender
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Unfair to whom? You may want to explain why you say it is unfair.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.