Challenge for Calamity?

knio
knio Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Tideswell (East)
I was just wondering if it would be possible to orchestrate a gigantic attack on all of Calamity's land. Could they really defend all of it? I have nothing against Calamity, I just think it would be interesting to see.

Factions like Banished, Imminent, HDT, Bushido, USSR, Hispanos, Vampiric, Kindred, EQ, Dynasty, Vanquish, Contenders, WarmonGER, Armagedon, BlackOps, Oldies, BadAssInc, Kazoku, Inversion, Exclusive, Olympians, Tempest, Renegades, Reverence, Devastate
, ChillZone, 7Dragons, Angelic, HaloKitty

I'm not sure if all listed would be good for it... but a lot of it would.

But we'd need 39 attacking all at the same time.

I think it would be awesome to see done, and it would give Calamity an even bigger challenge that they've been lacking and wanting.

I'm not part of any of these factions by the way xD I'm a loner.
Post edited by knio on

Comments

• Illyana - Dreamweaver
    Illyana - Dreamweaver Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    You've to understand that many people in Calamity have alts in some of the factions named above, and wouldn't TW in against themeslves.

Secondly, the more lower level less powerful factions that attack Cala, the easier it is for them because of the increased chance of splitting TW days of stronger factions. I believe you can only have 3 simultaneous defends, but your attack will always be your only fight.

So it wouldn't be a good idea to attack Calamity unless you coordinate it with other factions. I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but only three of the factions listed have the power to really do something. The others would be donating 500k to Calamity's already 400mil+/week income.
    5.0 "Pure" 8jun Sage Clawrcher of Dreamweaver
  • WillowGirl - Dreamweaver
    WillowGirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    knio wrote: »
    I was just wondering if it would be possible to orchestrate a gigantic attack on all of Calamity's land. Could they really defend all of it? I have nothing against Calamity, I just think it would be interesting to see.

Factions like Banished, Imminent, HDT, Bushido, USSR, Hispanos, Vampiric, Kindred, EQ, Dynasty, Vanquish, Contenders, WarmonGER, Armagedon, BlackOps, Oldies, BadAssInc, Kazoku, Inversion, Exclusive, Olympians, Tempest, Renegades, Reverence, Devastate
    , ChillZone, 7Dragons, Angelic, HaloKitty

I'm not sure if all listed would be good for it... but a lot of it would.

But we'd need 39 attacking all at the same time.

I think it would be awesome to see done, and it would give Calamity an even bigger challenge that they've been lacking and wanting.

I'm not part of any of these factions by the way xD I'm a loner.

I've always wondered myself if such a thing would be possible. What would the TW schedule look like, anyone know? I've never heard of a faction with that many lands all being attacked in the same weekend, though this is only my 2nd server, so I don't get around much b:chuckle
    I also have nothing against Calamity. I am all about some TW, though, and would like to see a TW weekend this exciting b:laugh
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Just the tiny problem that any faction can only have 3 attacks against it at the same time.
    O, and that atleast 22 of the facs you mentiond get wiped by 2 cala squads, if not even less

If you wanted a whipe, yesterday was the ultimate one.
    Dynasty, EQ, and vanquish attacked. Cala focused only on dynasty and vanquish (!?!) and EQ won theyr fights
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • TEMPL/R - Dreamweaver11
    TEMPL/R - Dreamweaver11 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    yes they can only defend 3 at the same time (simulate..) BUT

what would happen with so many attacks like the one you mentioned would be that on Cala's attack, they would also have to defend at the same time. So it would look something like this. Example :

Calamity Attacks Equinox 8:00
    Dynasty Attacks Calamity 8:00
    Vanquish Attacks Calamity 8:03
    Inversion Attacks Calamity 8:06

This is what would happen if you have over 20+ attacks happens, the attacker having to defend at the same time.

Though like Illyana mentioned there is only 4 maybe even 5 factions who even post a threat to calamity, the rest(not trying to sound mean) would only need a squad or 2 of 6 calamity to run through them.

So unless your faction holds at least 40+ members of at least Lv.60+ that will ATTEND a tw .. your just giving your coin away lol

And like others have said nothing against Calamity, their great opponents , but Equinox and other factions would like a piece of that 380m+ weekly income thats going to them, We as other factions want our piece of the pie too.. which holds a BIG TW MAP. So i dont understand when certain people(not cala members) get mad that a faction that holds 35+ lands!!, has to give others a piece of the pie EQ 3, Dynasty 2, Vanquish 2 HDT 1 ?? b:laugh
  • joecritter
    joecritter Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Problem is there are actually way more timeslots available for TW then are usually used.

If there were a ton of TW's you'd see the other terrritory war windows getting used. There would be battles scheduled for friday night, sat AM, sat aft, sat night, sun morning, sun aft, sun night. Check with the TW NPC's guide about this.

So doing this wouldn't cause Calamity to be ganked N vs 1. You'd find it at most being ganked 3 on 1, but it would be happening on 5 or 6 separate occasions during the weekend. The gank size would be determined by how many territories the target has divided by the number of windows available to have them in.

So it would be a battle of attrition. Success would not necessarily be measured in terms of land won, but in the making of all of the members of Calamity miserable and totally sick of TW.
  • Ruvil - Sanctuary
    Ruvil - Sanctuary Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Page 367 of Sanctuary Battlefront Report

Saturday
    0900 Charisma attacking Stairway
    0903 Morior attacking King's Feast
    0906 Outlaw attacking Forest of Haze

1400 Regicide attacking Dragon Wilds
    1403 Legendary attacking Silk Ridge
    1406 R3N3G4D3S attacking Wellspring

2000 NoMyths attacking The Harshlands
    2003 Oldies attacking Thousand Wood
    2006 Rockeros attacking Misfortune City
    2009 Nefarious attacking Farewell Plain [Regicide]

so with enough attacks can definitely mess w/ 'normal' scheduling.. several people mentioned that on LC CQ had to defend vs more then 3 at a time but I never saw/looked for any proof and cannot confirm whether 4 defenses can be scheduled together [Probably if there are enough attacks]

gl DW, going back to my server >_>

Edit: Nefarious is the landholding faction on sanctuary, the part in bold is just showing we had to defend and attack during the same time slot.
  • Drunken_Chu - Dreamweaver
    Drunken_Chu - Dreamweaver Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Calamity was once attacked by I believe 13 different factions. This was a LONG time ago, but it was something along the lines of getting split up into ganks of 3v1, 8:00-8:03-8:06 on Fri Sat and Sun, and the remaining 4 had 12:00 TWs lol. Calamity won every single tw that weekend.
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    All I wanted was to see a TW live on PWi (doesn't matter who or where or when) and I'll be on PvE and just watching xD
    I watched a lot on YouTube. However, it will never be the same experience as if I see it live when I'm there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • knio
    knio Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I understand not all of the factions I listed would be up for it xD I just listed random ones that I could remember off the top of my head.
  • Magiere - Dreamweaver
    Magiere - Dreamweaver Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Here u can see what happened on european server, it was pretty useless
    All TW's were within the weekend and they didnt lose.

cr33cj2t.jpg

Best Strategy to bring down a big owning faction , still is either make 3 equal strong facs or only let 3 big factions attack.
    Originally written by Satchiko to me regarding old spice commercial :
    Hello Perfect World. Look at your cleric, now back to me, now back to your cleric, now back to me. Sadly it isn't me. But if you stopped being a noob and started wearing sunglasses you could act like you're me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on Dreamweaver with the cleric your cleric could be like. What's in your hand, back at me. It's an inventory filled with the gear you want. Look again, the gear is now diamonds. Anything is possible with sunglasses. I'm flying on starter wings.
  • ArchAngel - Dreamweaver
    ArchAngel - Dreamweaver Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Here u can see what happened on european server, it was pretty useless
    All TW's were within the weekend and they didnt lose.

cr33cj2t.jpg

Best Strategy to bring down a big owning faction , still is either make 3 equal strong facs or only let 3 big factions attack.

I can't view the link. Or is it just me? :p
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I've never heard of a faction with that many lands all being attacked in the same weekend, though this is only my 2nd server, so I don't get around much b:chuckle

Conquerer > Lost City

Edit: That's 16 (17 counting their own attack) territories they had to defend. Not only did they defend against every single TW but they also won another piece of land.
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • Magiere - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    I can't view the link. Or is it just me? :p

Hmm strange works fine for me,
    how about this one :
    twhaha.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Incase it still doesn't work, basically its 1 Faction owning all possible lands, and being ganked on every single "possible" territory.So they got like 30+ defenses.
    Hello Perfect World. Look at your cleric, now back to me, now back to your cleric, now back to me. Sadly it isn't me. But if you stopped being a noob and started wearing sunglasses you could act like you're me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on Dreamweaver with the cleric your cleric could be like. What's in your hand, back at me. It's an inventory filled with the gear you want. Look again, the gear is now diamonds. Anything is possible with sunglasses. I'm flying on starter wings.
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Hmm strange works fine for me,
    how about this one :
    twhaha.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Incase it still doesn't work, basically its 1 Faction owning all possible lands, and being ganked on every single "possible" territory.So they got like 30+ defenses.

It's 38 or 39 attacks. They don't own 1k streams or archo though (I'm kinda curious as to why).
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • Alaxan - Dreamweaver
    Alaxan - Dreamweaver Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I've come up with a simple solution... I posted it HERE. Maybe with all of the interest here and on other servers even something can be done to actually make TW fun for ALL factions and not just one group.

As for the list and ideas here. It's been done w/ a lot of factions attacking at once already here. Part of the difficulty in this is that the scheduling simply didn't allow the bigger of the groups to be on a stronger 3v1 fight. IF and only IF major factions on the server like EQ, Inversion, HDT, Dynasty, Vanquish, Bushido, Kindrid, Armageddon, Exclusive and a few others were able to get a decent split of their forces would it be even potentially possible.

Side note... has ANYONE else noticed the color of the controlling factions on the other images and servers posted on the forums here? It's all red... meaning... the first faction on the server.
    Inversion Leader
    lvl 100 Pur mag cleric
    Recruiting 70+ all classes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Noob - Raging Tide
    Noob - Raging Tide Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Calamity will prob make more money off you guys then they lose :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Calamity will prob make more money off you guys then they lose :P

Thats coming from somebody who isnt even on our server.
    Calamity have been holding onto the big piece of pie for a long time, unless a factor in their tactics goes horrible wrong - which i doubt it will-, im afraid they wont be overpowered for a very very long time.b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Magiere - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    It's 38 or 39 attacks. They don't own 1k streams or archo though (I'm kinda curious as to why).

Ain't possible to attack a level 1 territory in that version b:laugh
  • Yorkin - Dreamweaver
    Yorkin - Dreamweaver Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    How do you administrate such large faction (200 members IS a big group? Considering there are only 18 senior officers (out which only 6 have authority of (de)comissioning a member), that means roughly 11 members per officer (if consider a homogenous distribution, that is). Well, we could consider a standard error of 10% and the fact not all of members are online at the same time (except in TW periods)... on the other hand, how serious they are can be seen in the game itself. Just press M while you play. (On the other hand, there have been... powerful but not numerous attacks on Calamity lands...)

But let's put aside logic and statistics... how do you administrate yourself so well?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A small tribute to elven mathematician from a human physicist. b:pleased

Yorkin - The Retired Wizard
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    First of all, with probably a few exceptions, Calamity members are not under age, and the few of them that are are acting like grown ups. Well, most of the time :).

The big part of the player base are players that are in Calamity since the server started, maybe not with their original char but with alts they raised in time. I know a lot of them that have at least 2 chars at 100 or over 90.
    I've been in Calamity from march 2009 until December 2009. Each week-end during that time I've been in average in 2 TWs. I joined Calamity when they had one land, I left when they had almost the whole map minus 4 or 5 lands. Calamity is probably the biggest war machine on Dreamweaver. Yes they lost some land in ganks, but its damn hard to face them and even harder to defeat them. They have a very good group of officers that lead the faction and a large group of old members that back them up. What they lack in my opinion is a charismatic and influential leader with a really good grasp on TW strategy.
    If they would have had that, the map would have been completely red many months ago.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _BaMbOo - Dreamweaver
    _BaMbOo - Dreamweaver Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    What they lack in my opinion is a charismatic and influential leader with a really good grasp on TW strategy.
    If they would have had that, the map would have been completely red many months ago.

Weird, I would assume you where referring to Eq and not Calamity. Looking at the TW map it doesn't look like Calamity is lacking.
  • Islamey - Dreamweaver
    Islamey - Dreamweaver Posts: 586 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    yay Kindrid xD
    The chillum is sometimes referred to as a chalice, based on a quote from the Biblical book of Deuteronomy. Thanks and praises are offered to Jah before smoking the chillum.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Thats coming from somebody who isnt even on our server.
    Calamity have been holding onto the big piece of pie for a long time, unless a factor in their tactics goes horrible wrong - which i doubt it will-, im afraid they wont be overpowered for a very very long time.b:surrender

I am pretty sure Noob, came from our server, and even if he didn't it doesn't take much to search for the info, and look at the history of our server, calamity has been in power for quite some time now.

No comment on that eq/cala leader comment above, some know where I stand, (perhaps stood) and that's all I'll say. =x

It will NOT be easy to take down calamity, it will take cunning, speed, power, a good communication line, as well as a continuation of that, to make sure calamity does NOT take over ALL the lands. Calamity has been pretty flawless from what I can tell, with all of those, and they are the true challenge on this server.

Even the other top 2-3 and even 4th best guilds struggle to defeat cala, One of them beats cala, the other two lose, though recently they did lose 2 lands at once, but they have quickly recovered them. Even when they all attack calamity at once, it still recquires a bit of luck, and timing to get on the same night, and imo cala just couldnt muster up enough people to fend off all 3 attacks from the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th best guilds. Now I could be wrong perhaps they did, but I don't think that they have ever really lacked, cunning, or communication/rules being followed throughout the duration of tw.

Just my two cents. xD
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Even when they all attack calamity at once, it still recquires a bit of luck, and timing to get on the same night, and imo cala just couldnt muster up enough people to fend off all 3 attacks from the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th best guilds.
    Just my two cents. xD

the day we lost 2 lands, yes this was attendance issue. was some weeks with very weak attendance, lil better now. if i rememebr right we was 109 on for 3 wars.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    109 on line, 20 of them in catshops d^_^b
    Weird, I would assume you where referring to Eq and not Calamity. Looking at the TW map it doesn't look like Calamity is lacking.

trust me , no one's perfect.
    I don't know who's the current leader, but I know that for a while BaldwinBoy was in charge with TWs.
    That guy has prolly fair play flowing through his veins and he's a total gentleman in my experience (well, he has some slips here and there, but who doesn't). He's a smart cookie but I don't see him as the ruthless machiavellian leader that could really do the job quick and maybe dirty sometimes but make Calamity shine. He's taking the long road, he's doing it his way and he'll get the job done, I'm sure of that.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    109 on line, 20 of them in catshops d^_^b

trust me , no one's perfect.
    I don't know who's the current leader, but I know that for a while BaldwinBoy was in charge with TWs.
    That guy has prolly fair play flowing through his veins and he's a total gentleman in my experience (well, he has some slips here and there, but who doesn't). He's a smart cookie but I don't see him as the ruthless machiavellian leader that could really do the job quick and maybe dirty sometimes but make Calamity shine. He's taking the long road, he's doing it his way and he'll get the job done, I'm sure of that.

machievelli was a genius >:D
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    Andres - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I kinda prefer being fair and losing than being shady to win. That's just me.

I couldn't possibly say Calamity success depends on who leads. Saying that the person with leader tag determines the success or decay of a faction means that your other 180+ members are pretty much just following. I disagree, you can't give Seraphim, BB, Tyranny, Jay, Ajay, LunarLight, SmexyGal, WackyTaffy, Henchman, etc. that credit, what they can do/they did, is coordinate effort, use what they were offered by their own members and provide expertise to achieve the goals of their factions. a leader's job is if anything, to teach and point you to the right path. If you can't walk yourself, a leader can't and won't be your legs.

To me Calamity faces 4 major challenges:

-Equinox: In my opinion, a tactical superior TW faction, they have reached a point where we're at the same level, and they have proved that they can be better. People pretty much expects a win from Calamity, this is wrong. If there was still a TW report, you'd see the last time we beat EQ was loooooong ago over a TB land. While over the last 4 wars they've won 2 out of 4 attacks.
    -All other factions: As Dynasty, Vanquish, HDT, Bushido, Kindrid, etc benefit from 2x experience and drops, they get more levels, better gear and they stick together for long. All this factions have a strong core of players developing and will soon be a great threat on their own, as they have been when slotted with EQ against us.
    -Ourselves: Some of calamity members reach endgame and quit, reroll, demand a greater challenge or lose interest in the game. Some do leave faction, others are kept for IF they are back because we pride ourselves of being family oriented. After a while, the TW part of Calamity demands it to stay fresh, and you feel sad about kicking your old friends that have been inactive for 4-5 months, but its a necessary pain. Whenever a lvl 100 barb, cleric, wiz leaves to rejoin with their lvl 90 archer or tideborn, you sacrifice TW leverage to honor the family part of Calamity.
    -The rest of the server: after all, we're hoping to have, at least for 1 week all of the server lands, we understand that some players see us as the enemy even though they've never met us. Whenever I'm playing an alt, I hear crazy rumors about Calamity as well as very kind words. We do hope we can offer help to the server (no not money!) we have events that are or will be implemented with the server, as the boss day, a public quest day, a cube day and who knows, maybe a scavenger hunt. Calamity has an event crew that juggles ideas and we set aside part of TW pay to plan prices and or expenses for this.

aaaah long posts, it's been a while.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    We came, we saw, we painted it red.
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    -The rest of the server: after all, we're hoping to have, at least for 1 week all of the server lands, we understand that some players see us as the enemy even though they've never met us.

Not by the hair on EQ's chinny chin chin b:cute
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    Andres - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Ah yeas Aubree, which takes us back to challenge #1.
    -Equinox: In my opinion, a tactical superior TW faction. People pretty much expects a win from Calamity, this is wrong. If there was still a TW report, you'd see the last time we beat EQ was loooooong ago over a TB land. While over the last 4 wars they've won 2 out of 4 attacks.

Add to that the fact that other factions are and will be becoming a strong challenge, and yeah. I never said it was gonna be easy, done in 7 weeks, or that you were not gonna put up a fight. But we're also trying to be prepared, to be better, like you guys are, to hold off to our end. b:cute
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    We came, we saw, we painted it red.
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • Batista - Dreamweaver
    Batista - Dreamweaver Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Since being back, I've found whatever I see and hear to be interesting. I've been workin' on my alts (mainly Venom) and giving BoI a spin as of late but still try to keep up with what's going on TW-wise on Dreamweaver.

I have to tip my hat off to the amount of offense Calamity is taking and for the amount of TWs they have weekly, I see it as a success. They may loose a land or two but with the onslaught gunning for them, great job on their part for the successful defenses.

I gotta give props to my former guild EQuinox as well (I went on a vacation, burn-out) and the many guilds that have stepped up to the plate. It looks like TW is becoming fun again.
    Batista (85 Cleric) {Semi-Retired Character}
    Venom (55 Venomancer) {Main Character - On Vacation}
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    territorywar.info (Dreamweaver TW Maps) (Updated 08/28/2010)
    battleoftheimmortals.com (Under Major Construction)