Sage Sword vs Sage Fist vs Poleblade

FateBlade - Lost City
FateBlade - Lost City Posts: 519 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Blademaster
What you think, which weapon would be best for PvP / PvE if you are Sage...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by FateBlade - Lost City on

Comments

• Hippie - Harshlands
    Hippie - Harshlands Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    What you think, which weapon would be best for PvP / PvE if you are Sage...

Not using at least Axes and Fists is basically crippling urself. If u have what it takes(coins and timing skills) both swords and poles are nice additions to ur abilities, if used purposely.

A single weapon BM is completely useless compared to an all weapon.

However from those a fist bm would work out the best, and a pole would work out the worst.
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Fists are good with -interval items even to sages.

Swords are only good for myriad sword stance.

Polearms are good to PK runners. Some claim they're also good for rebirth.

Dual axes are the best for skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Not using at least Axes and Fists is basically crippling urself. If u have what it takes(coins and timing skills) both swords and poles are nice additions to ur abilities, if used purposely.

A single weapon BM is completely useless compared to an all weapon.

However from those a fist bm would work out the best, and a pole would work out the worst.
    How dumb are you lol, sage spear BM works great. Ofcourse you're still going to want axe path skills at the very least. Swords are trash, period.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    How dumb are you lol, sage spear BM works great. Ofcourse you're still going to want axe path skills at the very least. Swords are trash, period.

no spike, no dps, no stun.

any more questions?

sword can be utilised well in 1v1 fights, even if it isnt the best. spears cant be used as solo weapon efficiently.
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited April 2010

any more questions?

sword can be utilised well in 1v1 fights, even if it isnt the best. spears cant be used as solo weapon efficiently.

I'm confused by your post. Are you saying spears don't have spike, dps, stun?
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited April 2010

any more questions?

There's no reason to use any kind of weapon as a solo weapon. If you combine it with axes you have all your stuns, and even if you don't there's Aeolian Blade, Roar and Occult Ice.

No spike? You do realize what sage Farstrike does? You do realize what happens if you combine it with the zerk spear and/or Heaven's Flame?

Or wait, lets compare.

Base physical damage + 100% weapon damage + 4320.0 (GL finding a sword worth using this with)
    Base physical damage + 180% weapon damage + 4848.0 (grade 13 weap with zerk. Oh and its ranged, too)

Swords are awful, compared to every other weapon tree in almost every situation. They can be utilized well? lol. Mage bane sucks, Spirit chaser sucks compared to Farstrike, Atmos strike sucks compared to Farstrike, MSS is a skill you use in pve, not pvp, nobody's going to die to your sucky sword damage. And you're still missing a stun with swords.
  • shootingstarvn
    shootingstarvn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010

any more questions?

aoe chance for skill chancel , aoe push , zerk poleblade ? sage farstrike :? > axe, sword
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    edited April 2010

Compared to other weapons.
    There's no reason to use any kind of weapon as a solo weapon. If you combine it with axes you have all your stuns, and even if you don't there's Aeolian Blade, Roar and Occult Ice.

No spike? You do realize what sage Farstrike does? You do realize what happens if you combine it with the zerk spear and/or Heaven's Flame?

Or wait, lets compare.

Base physical damage + 100% weapon damage + 4320.0 (GL finding a sword worth using this with)
    Base physical damage + 180% weapon damage + 4848.0 (grade 13 weap with zerk. Oh and its ranged, too)

Swords are awful, compared to every other weapon tree in almost every situation. They can be utilized well? lol. Mage bane sucks, Spirit chaser sucks compared to Farstrike, Atmos strike sucks compared to Farstrike, MSS is a skill you use in pve, not pvp, nobody's going to die to your sucky sword damage. And you're still missing a stun with swords.

First of all as the topic opener stated we are comparing pure pole/axe or fist bms. Not multi weapon users.

I know what sage farstrike does. But i compared it to other weapons, and if i want to spike, i will use axes. I can combine with HF, i can use sage aelian or highland or whatever, and be able to deal far better spikes. The only reasons u should use poles for are range and purge. In every other aspwect u can outdo poles with an other weapont ype.

U are wrong. Swords are interval based weapons just as fists. U get fairly lower dps, but the ability to use atmos(relative smaller spike, but still hits harder than u could hit with fists, ever) and MSS. and MSS is one of the hardest hitting skills in game. like 4th or 5th. if u dont believe i wont explain.

I am not saying swords are the best. But if i had to pick either sword or pole as solo weapon, i would pick sword.

Also u can check in my guide, i stated sword as the only weapon path a bm may skip. But denying the usefulness of MSS in pvp is dumb.

how funny.
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    I know what sage farstrike does. But i compared it to other weapons, and if i want to spike, i will use axes. I can combine with HF, i can use sage aelian or highland or whatever, and be able to deal far better spikes. The only reasons u should use poles for are range and purge. In every other aspwect u can outdo poles with an other weapont ype.

U are wrong. Swords are interval based weapons just as fists. U get fairly lower dps, but the ability to use atmos(relative smaller spike, but still hits harder than u could hit with fists, ever) and MSS. and MSS is one of the hardest hitting skills in game. like 4th or 5th. if u dont believe i wont explain.

I am not saying swords are the best. But if i had to pick either sword or pole as solo weapon, i would pick sword.

Also u can check in my guide, i stated sword as the only weapon path a bm may skip. But denying the usefulness of MSS in pvp is dumb.

how funny.
    Considering he didn't mention axe, nobody cares if you'd use them for spike damage. With the options the thread starter gave, sword is the worst one. Spears easily beat Swords with spike damage, thanks to having a g13 zerk weapon, which works well with Aeolian and Farstrike. If he's going for DPS then Fists destroy swords. If he wants range, Spears destroy swords.

And no, I don't believe. I've been hit by lv11 MSS on my wizard by someone with lunar dual swords+8, and it doesn't hit for ****. It doesn't even have a chance to zerk. Unless you get some pathetic hh90 sword, in which case your damage will drop to laughable levels. MSS is horrible in pvp and any 90+ BM that wastes 2 sparks on that skill is ****.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Fists are good with -interval items even to sages.

Fists are good with spark too, I don't have intervals and its awesome when I crit a lot

Swords are only good for myriad sword stance.
    Swords are good for lowering DPS, and the 2 attack skills are similar to pole which is very useful

Polearms are good to PK runners. Some claim they're also good for rebirth.
    Poles are good in AOE mainly for melee mobs, and great range as well

Dual axes are the best for skills.
    Axes are best for AOEs and chain stun

Lol at your quote, don't have aeleon blade or roar of the pride? b:laugh

No spike or dps? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=494vFYZ8C8M LOL and thats only the beginning

Lol, an this is coming from a LVL100 BM on a PK server b:chuckle. This BM is full of fail
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    HT is PvE.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Lol, an this is coming from a LVL100 BM on a PK server b:chuckle. This BM is full of fail

You're really the last one on this forum that should be calling anyone fail... except for maybe LifeHunting.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    You're really the last one on this forum that should be calling anyone fail... except for maybe LifeHunting.

so your saying a LVL100 BM have no knowledge of roar of the pride or aeleon blade is not fail? b:chuckle

That fail BM also forgot that stun is useless on bosses :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

• Zyfou - Heavens Tear
    Zyfou - Heavens Tear Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited April 2010

No spike or dps? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=494vFYZ8C8M LOL and thats only the beginning

Now, I don't know the stats of this formidable level 1 wooden stake, but I deal twice as much damage to mobs/bosses my level unsparked with fists. Even if it's going to stand there for awhile, why not use Dragon's Bane before the spark and CH?

Guess I dunno what that video's trying to say... b:surrender
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    so your saying a LVL100 BM have no knowledge of roar of the pride or aeleon blade is not fail? b:chuckle

Read what you quoted in context... what sage polearm skill has a stun?

That fail BM also forgot that stun is useless on bosses :P

Did you notice that this thread has mainly been focusing on PvP? Also, who mentioned anything about bosses in this thread?

You don't even *have* a BM with sage/demon culti, you *don't* PvP... your opinion is just regurgitated material you've read and is rather worthless... at least people here are voicing personal opinions based off their experience. You have no experience with sage/demon skills. And by reading much of the trash you do post, you don't really have much experience at all.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited April 2010

thats not even real PW, its a shameless regurgitated video people love to post over and over.

they were mentioning spears in particular, wth does aeolian blade and roar have anything to do with them? when you finally get a character over 60, you are allowed to post real speculative analysis.

back on real topic.

spear is lovely to have in PK for runners, i also find the bleed moves to be particularly useful for little extra damage after a charm is set off to finalise kills on my noob on LC. at your level, theres also that TT99 purge spear that can come in handy on those stupid cash mages with ridiculous pdef. (especially stacked with some interval gear, this is an incredibly potential damage dealer.)

as far as fights vs sword BMs go, i havent lost to a single one yet... swords are just jokes. stick to pole/axe or fist/axe or all three for F-s sake.

fists are pretty expensive to pull off as a sage, requiring at least 2x LA pieces, nirvana pants, 2x HA pieces, lunar cape, level 7 tome, and an interval fist or claw to reach a perma sparking ability. i wouldnt really go for them unless you have these/have $ for them.

this is just coming from a noob alt's perspective.

@ yulk, look up EFG, his name is synonymous with yours.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    My friend is a sage pole/Axe bm and he has all the stuns of axe combined with the hard hitting moves of pole.

If you underestimate Sage farstrike, sage meteor rush (can cancel channeling, and makes fighting him as a mage hell) you'll be in pain

And heavens flame combined with sage pole skills hurts a lot, more much than axe skills
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited April 2010

any more questions?

Compared to other weapons.

First of all as the topic opener stated we are comparing pure pole/axe or fist bms. Not multi weapon users.

I know what sage farstrike does. But i compared it to other weapons, and if i want to spike, i will use axes. I can combine with HF, i can use sage aelian or highland or whatever, and be able to deal far better spikes. The only reasons u should use poles for are range and purge. In every other aspwect u can outdo poles with an other weapon type.

how funny.

Okay well, still trying to understand your logic.

Where axes came into the conversation I'm still trying to grasp.

The fact you say spears have no spike/dps/stuns compared to other weapons...seems just wrong. The only weapon that has more spike/stuns is axes. Which isn't even a part of the conversation...wait...you brought it up...but its not something the OP is considering...so I won't talk about it.

Okay skill comparison, atmos, nice sword skill hits hard...wait...spear has meteor rush and if your looking to use that push back skill...hmm...its and AoE so, well its better maybe b:victory...

Next spirit chaser vs farstrike......do i need to really say anything....b:shutup

both 1 spark skills for each tree kinda of lack IMO.b:cry

Ulti's, well. Depends on other factors. But if you have no way to increase party damage (no HF) then the spear ulti seems nice. I am a fan of MSS. So, I will never say don't get it. Highest damaging skill a BM has till 100...b:pleased

As for general skills sage aeolion blade would be better with pole then sword....I'm assuming your talking about single blades...since your talking about it being an interval based weapon. (If dual wielding blades then well that's more a skill based weapon like axes and spears will out DPS those)

So what we have in actuality; Spear does what Sword does better, better range skill, better push back. Higher spike damage. Same access to general skill tree stuns.

Only arguable skill IMO is ulti's.

Although a continuous look at the full mechanics of single blades compared to dual blades could be done. But I'm not going to exemplify anymore. I'll just use what you posted.

Spear is better then single blade for skills.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    at hell culti (the only time any skill on swords but MSS is truely better than another path)

demon farstrike vs spirit chaser

chaser is better as your point>leap skill than far due to the chi gain

far is better for finishing a runner

hell rush vs atamos

33% chance 5 second stun is nice for pvp specialy asa 3rd spear aoe to use with monarch

atamos seems like a real nice setup for a raor 3 spar ice combo to make shure they drop (misses annoy me)

hell MSS vs GS

mss = amazing pve debuff nice bit of spike (hh 90 blade refines nicely) and an aoe...ranged...stun seems like it would be godly in delta and a 50% chance to stun after HF>mss seems rather smexy

GS = 50% aoe debuff you can fake cast to get 100% crit w/e yuo like...

now considerign sage

sage swords suck just get a poleblade
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    I use all three of these weapons, and 2 sets of armors.

Waste of money? Like I care b:laugh

I have yet to find a useless weapon and no, don't believe "this weapon terrible, blah blah" I use all weapons equally. And mostly heavy armor, I carry light armor STRICTLY for pure magic attacks. I just happen to buy / make them all, I don't really need axes for this toon, axes are for barbs GG.

Edit: I use fists for dps / aggro tool, swords for lowering dps, right now it works perfectly fine for dps, and poles for reaching

39 and 49 sword / pole skills are basically the same right? exact, thats 3 TOTAL ranged attacks which is supreme for kiters. and 2 knockbacks, your kidding me, 2 KNOCKBACKS, and what happens you can't knockback all at once without cutting chances of survival?

Mage bane have great uses, especially in boss fights, you can't STUN BOSSES with axes, making drake's bash completely useless against bosses no? Pure caster or if a caster class tanking a semi magic boss, mage bane saves time. I am leveling it, don't care. Swords have great assistance in helping the tanker in PVE and I know for sure in PVP. Sure the tank or yourself still might get hit, but you can swap to fist and use shadowless kick which is not fast enough to cancel every magic attack from a semi magic boss or mob, you never know you CAN cancel every attack with that combo.

I got my sawtooth blades with stun additional waiting to be used, and my annihilator of souls b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG