Sage or Demon

sheila#4521
sheila#4521 Posts: 22 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Blademaster
I'm lv 68 BM...

I was wondering if Sage is better than Demon or is it the opposite?

And what does Sage and Demon do and mean?
Post edited by sheila#4521 on

Comments

• Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    They are cultivation choices you can make at level 89. Which one you pick changes what your level 11 skills do, as well as what your triple spark eruption does.
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Check this and you'll find out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Runemine - Dreamweaver
    Runemine - Dreamweaver Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Yes there is constant debate on this matter i myself am a 71 Axe with lil bit Pole BM with plan of reset stat near level 89 for Axe/Fist and i am going Sage for a few reasons

1 overall has better skills
    2 we BM's getting always owned by Mag attacks Sage spark helps us alot in that matter

Now Demon is good for DD but you will be killed very easy cause most commonly you go Demon if are Fist main BM and will do massive damage but low HP

That's my input on the matter there will be a TON more reply's cause everyone doesn't know witch to choose
    101 Blademaster(Pro/Fail 4.0 BM with 11k base HP+G16(+10))
    100 Seeker(The Vortex Beast)
    86 Assassin(Solo king)
    76 Archer(Squishy Nuker)
    72 Cleric(Horrible healer)
    67 Barb(Buff baby)
    61 Wizard(King Aoe)
    37 Mystic(Fun project)
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Everyone who is not a BM will tell you to go sage so you can be their buff monkey.

Sage is better initially, demon is better if you plan to hit 100.

For PvE demon BM wins hands down. For PvP, it's more a matter of skill than cultivation. For TW, Roar never misses, dragons = 9 seconds.

Demon spark is not canceled by BB, it is overwritten by RB. Sage spark is overwritten by BB. I'm in BB far more often than I am in RB.

Most people used to pick sage early on because many skills were just impossible to get or cost way too much money.

To me BM = Stuns and Dragons, and fist/claw is end game. Demon wins.

There are more Sage BMs who regret their choice than the other way around. Look at the skill you most frequently use and pick from there.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Everyone who is not a BM will tell you to go sage so you can be their buff monkey.

Sage is better initially, demon is better if you plan to hit 100.

For PvE demon BM wins hands down. For PvP, it's more a matter of skill than cultivation. For TW, Roar never misses, dragons = 9 seconds.

Demon spark is not canceled by BB, it is overwritten by RB. Sage spark is overwritten by BB. I'm in BB far more often than I am in RB.

Most people used to pick sage early on because many skills were just impossible to get or cost way too much money.

To me BM = Stuns and Dragons, and fist/claw is end game. Demon wins.

There are more Sage BMs who regret their choice than the other way around. Look at the skill you most frequently use and pick from there.

yep.. I went sage cause I didn't think demon HF/ Roar/ Drake Bash were obtainable at the time. =\ Was one of the first 9x bms on my server, and that was the trend at the time lol, wish I could be demon now for more effective pvp
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    Hippie - Harshlands Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I was sage and i was satisfied with it. If i got to choose again, i'd choose sage again.

If someone says that demon/sage is much better at pvp/pve/whatever than the other one, dont listen to them.

It all comes down to what weapons u use, what build u are, and how do u play.

Both has its pros and cons.

Here the differences are quite well explained:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=566611
    Nullum crimen sine lege.