Plz don quit Q_Q

_DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
_DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Off-Topic Discussion
Well, I quit the game about 2-3 weeks ago and recently got this email from PW...
Dear player,

We are sorry to see that you're no longer logging into Perfect World International, and hope to see you again. We have a large line-up of new titles this year-- if you fill out this quick survey below, you'll be automatically entered into the closed beta of our next title.

Be sure to add email@email.perfectworld.com to your address book to continue to receive notices from Perfect World Entertainment.

We hope to see you again soon!

1. Why did you quit playing Perfect World International?
-Didn't like the game
-Leaving for another game
-Lost items of ****
-Poor customer support
-Prices of Cash Shop items
-Technical or patching issues

Just found it funny b:chuckle

Firstly, I've only been gone a few weeks and only mentioned having quit the game on the forums. I doubt they send emails to anyone after 2 weeks who goes on holiday or has computer faults, so I'm guessing someone noticed on forums I'd quit and sent the email O_o Maybe it's because I charged zen a few times?

Also interesting they do seem to care somewhat whether bugs, cash shop overpricing or customer support is an issue with player satisfaction. Anyone else get anything like this?
Post edited by _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary on

Comments

• FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I got the same email, and I doubt I've gone 24 hours without logging in in the last 6 months or so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Hellhowl - Sanctuary
    Hellhowl - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Well, I quit the game about 2-3 weeks ago and recently got this email from PW...

Just found it funny b:chuckle

Firstly, I've only been gone a few weeks and only mentioned having quit the game on the forums. I doubt they send emails to anyone after 2 weeks who goes on holiday or has computer faults, so I'm guessing someone noticed on forums I'd quit and sent the email O_o Maybe it's because I charged zen a few times?

Also interesting they do seem to care somewhat whether bugs, cash shop overpricing or customer support is an issue with player satisfaction. Anyone else get anything like this?

I also received his email. I lol'd at the reasons they gave for quitting PWI.
    A troll is one of many unsung internet heroes who are almost entirely misunderstood. Contrary to popular belief, many trolls are actually quite intelligent. Their habitual attacks on forums is usually a result of their awareness of the pretentiousness and excessive self-importance of many forum enthusiasts. As much as people may hate trolls, they are highly effective. Their actions bring much of the stupidity of other forum users out into the great wide open.

You call me a troll... like it's a bad thing. QQ more.

No longer playing PWI.
  • Gve - Sanctuary
    Gve - Sanctuary Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    it same thing on pw if don't log on for a while something it happend got a email from pw saying to log on before they delete my acct
    hell gate london rocks best fps game ever wanting hell gate ressurection out this year

Status-semi afk log on when i want
  • Hellhowl - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    it same thing on pw if don't log on for a while something it happend got a email from pw saying to log on before they delete my acct

I thought they give you like 12 months before they delete an account, not 12 days?!
    A troll is one of many unsung internet heroes who are almost entirely misunderstood. Contrary to popular belief, many trolls are actually quite intelligent. Their habitual attacks on forums is usually a result of their awareness of the pretentiousness and excessive self-importance of many forum enthusiasts. As much as people may hate trolls, they are highly effective. Their actions bring much of the stupidity of other forum users out into the great wide open.

No longer playing PWI.
  • Gve - Sanctuary
    Gve - Sanctuary Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i didn't log on to pw not pwi for like close to 12 months
    hell gate london rocks best fps game ever wanting hell gate ressurection out this year

Status-semi afk log on when i want
  • Night_Wind_ - Lost City
    Night_Wind_ - Lost City Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I thought they give you like 12 months before they delete an account, not 12 days?!

They delete your account?b:shocked
    O Noes b:sad
  • Hellhowl - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    i didn't log on to pw not pwi for like close to 12 months

LOL. It's been...a couple of days since I logged in. I guess they have players that live in-game, and if you're inactive for more than a day or two they think you quit. b:laugh

No longer playing PWI.
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    LOL. It's been...a couple of days since I logged in. I guess they have players that live in-game, and if you're inactive for more than a day or two they think you quit. b:laugh

.........where else could we live? D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    Shivalia - Lost City Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I got it a while back. I just hadn't logged in because I was busy with work and didn't really have a desire to play for a bit. Was a little depressed so I just moped around all day. Anyway, they didn't put any kind of option for that, so. I felt bad because they thought I quit. b:sadb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wonderful drawing of Shivalia done by the ever talented Shirrii of Heavens Tear. b:heart Much love to you forever!
  • PunkinKatt - Heavens Tear
    PunkinKatt - Heavens Tear Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Quote:
    Dear player,

We are sorry to see that you're no longer logging into Perfect World International, and hope to see you again. We have a large line-up of new titles this year-- if you fill out this quick survey below, you'll be automatically entered into the closed beta of our next title.

Be sure to add email@email.perfectworld.com to your address book to continue to receive notices from Perfect World Entertainment.

We hope to see you again soon!

-Didn't like the game
    -Lost items of ****
    -Poor customer support

-Didn't like the game
    Game is good, maybe not the bestest, but it is very good.

I play 3 different mmo's. Can't mention 2 of them here, but I am spending a lot of time in one of those.

-Lost items of ****
    I'm too cautious to get ****. b:scorn

-Poor customer support
    Never had need of it.

BINGO!!!
    C'mon! Have we forgotten that 1 gold = 1 USD?
    50, 45, 40, 35, 30, even 25 gold for just 1 of some items (such as aerogear) is ridiculous. These items are virtual, NOT REAL!

Every game has it glitches, but for the love of Pete, PLEASE FIX THE SEAMSTRESS' FACE!!! I have been quite horribly traumatized!

PWI has some of the most beautiful scenery of most mmo's and a very unique character creation tool. Too bad greed ruins it. I'm talking about greed on the part of PWE AND the players. 150k price for 1 gold is plenty. Used to be able to get it for less than 100k. PWE should cap it and lower their own prices.
    There's no such thing as a "Perfect World" full of Jade, diamonds, gold, and other riches and treasures. There is only an imperfect world, with an imperfect society, full of imperfect people, with imperfect idea's about how to be perfectly rich and perfectly perfect. No one cares about being perfectly kind, perfectly fair, or perfectly content.
    It's a perfectly sad world.
  • brownflamer
    brownflamer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    The reason I quit was because I predicted that the new TB....would completely overthrow the balance of the game........can't say I was wrong b:surrender
    PS......I'm half-joking b:mischievous
  • sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    So they do care about us. :O

b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    sleepcat wrote: »
    So they do care about us. :O

b:sad

No, they don't! They're worried about lost riches... erm, um... revenue.

But they don't think in logical terms either:

Higher prices = fewer cash shoppers.

Lower prices = more cash shoppers.

Putting a cap on the price gold can be sold for on trade = more non-cash shoppers buying gold from trade, thus the gold sellers buy more gold with cash to sell on trade! (W00T!!! Run-on sentence FTW!)

PWE continues to get rich(er)!
    There's no such thing as a "Perfect World" full of Jade, diamonds, gold, and other riches and treasures. There is only an imperfect world, with an imperfect society, full of imperfect people, with imperfect idea's about how to be perfectly rich and perfectly perfect. No one cares about being perfectly kind, perfectly fair, or perfectly content.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited April 2010

Putting a cap on the price gold can be sold for on trade = more non-cash shoppers buying gold from trade, thus the gold sellers buy more gold with cash to sell on trade! (W00T!!! Run-on sentence FTW!)

Capping gold prices? I thought the forums finally understood a few months ago that a cap wouldn't work. Sigh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • brownflamer
    brownflamer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010

don't you worry.....once I get accepted as a dev by the chinese mangement I assure you that things will change for the better.....so vote me as a DEV b:victory
    PS......I'm half-joking b:mischievous
  • Hellhowl - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    .........where else could we live? D:

lulz, touche.

I can answer these right now:

Why did you quit playing Perfect World International?
    I didn't. If your records show that I did, then your records are wrong.

Leaving for another game
    Not yet, but looking.

Lost items of ****
    I personally haven't, but I do know people who got ****, contacted customer support, never got their items back, and are very upset over it.

Poor customer support
    Can I really answer this without a mod coming in and calling me a troll...again?

Prices of Cash Shop items
    YES! Cash shop prices are ridiculous. This game caters heavily to those who like to dump a lot of money into it. It is in no way balanced for all players to enjoy. It's either you spend money and win or don't and lose.

Technical or patching issues
    This game has more glitches in it than all the other games I have played combined.

No longer playing PWI.
    edited April 2010
    Capping gold prices? I thought the forums finally understood a few months ago that a cap wouldn't work. Sigh.

It wouldn't work ONLY for the Gold Sellers! It's their inflated prices that have the in-game economy screwed up. But they don't care because their characters are rich and can afford anything. The rest of us struggle just to get a good aerogear or land mount off the AH.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    It wouldn't work ONLY for the Gold Sellers! It's their inflated prices that have the in-game economy screwed up. But they don't care because their characters are rich and can afford anything. The rest of us struggle just to get a good aerogear or land mount off the AH.

No, you don't understand. Gold will refuse to be capped. It is not possible to put a cap on gold. Say they put a 200k cap in the AH, no one could sell higher. Gold would no longer be sold in the AH. It would be sold solely in World Chat, for the normal prices, because it would be more profitable.

I feel like I've explained this at least five times before.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
  • Hellhowl - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    No, you don't understand. Gold will refuse to be capped. It is not possible to put a cap on gold. Say they put a 200k cap in the AH, no one could sell higher. Gold would no longer be sold in the AH. It would be sold solely in World Chat, for the normal prices, because it would be more profitable.

Gold won't be capped because the higher gold prices are, the more money PWI makes, and that's all that matters to them.

No longer playing PWI.
    edited April 2010

I didn't realize that Gold can be traded between players, like coins and items, since it is stored on the players account, not in their inventory.

If that is the case, then perma-ban people who exceed PWE's cap via world chat.

Harsh, I know! But the game is being ruined by greed on both sides... the player base AND PWE. Although I maintain my client and keep my account active by logging in for a short time now and then, I'm actually to the point that that is doubtful that I will return to the game as a regular player unless things change. And I am sure I am not the only one.

There are better and more feasable ways for PWE to maintain their profit margin. And as for the greedy players, shame on them.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    I didn't realize that Gold can be traded between players, like coins and items, since it is stored on the players account, not in their inventory.

If that is the case, then perma-ban people who exceed PWE's cap via world chat.

Harsh, I know! But the game is being ruined by greed on both sides... the player base AND PWE. Although I maintain my client and keep my account active by logging in for a short time now and then, I'm actually to the point that that is doubtful that I will return to the game as a regular player unless things change. And I am sure I am not the only one.

There are better and more feasable ways for PWE to maintain their profit margin. And as for the greedy players, shame on them.

You buy the item, then trade the item for the coin offered. People used to do it all the time wayyyy back when.

The problem is, I've seen people go on racist, swearing tirades on WC, begging to be banned, and nothing happens. The GMs already have enough on their plate, since they obviously don't even have enough time to handle the WC offenders as it is, to put another offense for them to handle. It could be made bannable...and then nothing would happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    You buy the item, then trade the item for the coin offered. People used to do it all the time wayyyy back when.

The problem is, I've seen people go on racist, swearing tirades on WC, begging to be banned, and nothing happens. The GMs already have enough on their plate, since they obviously don't even have enough time to handle the WC offenders as it is, to put another offense for them to handle. It could be made bannable...and then nothing would happen.

It would be highly doubtful that players would make much, if any, profit that way if there is a cap on gold prices. It would take up too much time and it wouldn't be like a cat shop that can just be left on. The method and income would be gruelingly slow and time consuming. They'd be forced to continue to use the gold trade if they want to sell gold.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    It would be highly doubtful that players would make much, if any, profit that way if there is a cap on gold prices. It would take up too much time and it wouldn't be like a cat shop that can just be left on. The method and income would be gruelingly slow and time consuming. They'd be forced to continue to use the gold trade if they want to sell gold.

How so? It's the same as people that sell items through WC instead of through the AH, even if it's possible. Like I said, it was popular in the beginning of the server. People would take to WCing every 20 minutes or so "Selling 20 gold 450k each, tell me the item", same way they might WC to sell anything else.

If you have 100 gold to sell, and if you wait a few extra days you can make 45mil instead of 20mil, wouldn't you choose the 45mil method?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    How so? It's the same as people that sell items through WC instead of through the AH, even if it's possible. Like I said, it was popular in the beginning of the server. People would take to WCing every 20 minutes or so "Selling 20 gold 450k each, tell me the item", same way they might WC to sell anything else.

If you have 100 gold to sell, and if you wait a few extra days you can make 45mil instead of 20mil, wouldn't you choose the 45mil method?

Think about it this way... if there is a cap on gold prices on the trade, people would be less willing to buy of WC at those prices.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Think about it this way... if there is a cap on gold prices on the trade, people would be less willing to buy of WC at those prices.

Until all the people selling realize that they could make so much more money off of WC, and no one uses the AH anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    Until all the people selling realize that they could make so much more money off of WC, and no one uses the AH anymore.

And THAT would never happen. Too many people selling wares, cash shop items, etc. Not all of them, in fact MOST of them do not have the time to stand around WC'ing to sell their stuff. And many, many more would rather actually play the game than to WC stuff all day.

The problem this game has, and that you are making very clear, is that there is a very greedy player base.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    And THAT would never happen. Too many people selling wares, cash shop items, etc. Not all of them, in fact MOST of them do not have the time to stand around WC'ing to sell their stuff. And many, many more would rather actually play the game than to WC stuff all day.

The problem this game has, and that you are making very clear, is that there is a very greedy player base.

So make the players want money less...? It's not possible to make the players less greedy, so it's useless to complain about that aspect of the game. If it's the greed of the players that's making the game unplayable for you, then there's no point in coming back because players will always be greedy.

By the way, I wasn't referring to the entire AH. I was referring to the Gold Trade option, where you buy and sell gold. If you could sell gold in WC for 450k, no one is going to sell in the AH for 200k.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    So make the players want money less...? It's not possible to make the players less greedy, so it's useless to complain about that aspect of the game. If it's the greed of the players that's making the game unplayable for you, then there's no point in coming back because players will always be greedy.

By the way, I wasn't referring to the entire AH. I was referring to the Gold Trade option, where you buy and sell gold. If you could sell gold in WC for 450k, no one is going to sell in the AH for 200k.

There are numerous ways PWE can get on grip on it's player base greed. The question is, do they want to? Player greed has ruined the in-game economy. People are far too quick to blame PWE for having their sales, packs, or whatnot, but the bottom line is it's the players.

PWE's greed comes in the form of the prices for their cash shop items. Far, far too high!

The gold trade would always be busy, even with a cap on prices, for the same reason I have already stated. TIME!
  • gariuxx
    gariuxx Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    how to connect to a game server? b:shocked