HT Idols and Rolemodels

sleepcat
sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Etherblade (West)
What players of your particular class influenced you to become the Veno/Cleric/Barb/Archer/Swordman/Magic Guy that you are today? Let's have a positive discussion. :D

When I was a small Veno, I used to look up to Vivi, Antigone, Solandri and Obsessed. Vivi because there was that old thread about people with the most rep, Antigone just seemed cool because of his level rankings early on and I generally supported Triad all the way back then. Plus I heard he had 2 nixes. :O

I admired Obsessed and Solandri mostly through their contributions to the Veno forums. Obsessed doesn't seem as active nowadays though. Now I just need to figure out Solandri's ingame name. :O

So what are your class role models? :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by sleepcat on

Comments

• SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i Liek Tw, Lets Discuss That! =d
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i couldn't give a ****.. that's why i quit :P

i cant even remember why i made a veno, but i didn't have any role models for that class, early days was about meeting new friends getting together and setting off somewhere new to find new mobs and kill while adventuring, used to just spend hours talking and messing about with no knowledge of the aim of the game hehe
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Any and all cashshoppers are my idols, because they have good gear. :(

But..

Those who merch money without or very little cashshopping are my inspiration. <3

(I didnt contradict myself shhhhh D:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    sleepcat wrote: »
    What players of your particular class influenced you to become the Veno/Cleric/Barb/Archer/Swordman/Magic Guy that you are today? Let's have a positive discussion. :D

When I was a small Veno, I used to look up to Vivi, Antigone, Solandri and Obsessed. Vivi because there was that old thread about people with the most rep, Antigone just seemed cool because of his level rankings early on and I generally supported Triad all the way back then. Plus I heard he had 2 nixes. :O

I admired Obsessed and Solandri mostly through their contributions to the Veno forums. Obsessed doesn't seem as active nowadays though. Now I just need to figure out Solandri's ingame name. :O

So what are your class role models? :D

I think Antigone only had one ^^; It was the leader of Triad that had two nixes (his veno's name started with A too I can't remember on top of my head how to spell it). Gotta miss old Triad b:bye
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Anti had 2 nixes.
    Avsara was the leader.
  • Cotto - Heavens Tear
    Cotto - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Mojita <3

then after i became my own role model b:shocked
  • Ihnamere - Heavens Tear
    Ihnamere - Heavens Tear Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Avasara had 2 nyxes too kinda miss him still :(
    also missing aurellius
  • The_Wall - Heavens Tear
    The_Wall - Heavens Tear Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    At the point your trying to get at I think SleepsWithCats I would have to say Khmer. You would have to be a really old player to have known him he quit at level 83 I believe and that is when he was one of the highest level barbarians at the time. The way the faction he and my wizard were in respected and honored him seemed very nice. I never got any advice on how to play the class or anything from him. Just saw how the faction as a whole viewed him. I never read any guides or took much advice at all throughout my playing period from any other barbarians. By the time I actually looked at barbarian guides I realized I already was doing what most the guides were recommending. So I didn't have anything to learn from them. So I guess for the most part I'm:

RAWR! a self made tiger
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • denesis
    denesis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Hehe Serjah was my rolemodelb:victory
    THE GAME IS DEAD b:byeb:byeb:bye
  • Fliiick - Heavens Tear
    Fliiick - Heavens Tear Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    My role model was Blessing in terms of skill, and Lypiphera in terms of gear.
    ~Almost original Tao member~
    Former Tao Director

IGN: Fliiick
    Cleric 100
    Currently Radiance
  • AcidRayne - Heavens Tear
    AcidRayne - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    When I started out as a Wizard I asked alot of questions about Light Armor to Sword_Kill. I saw how cool it was to do alot of damage like him. Then I ran into Kriptik who was pure and I asked him questions. Figured out I made a big mistake going LA and restated to pure. Thanks Kriptik for all your help. One day, I rock just like him. But ill be better because I will go sage!!!
  • Evb - Heavens Tear
    Evb - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I don't have role models really but I'm always interested in what a few people are doing.
    Ylime is one of them. She always seems to push the envelope for venos.

terrier (now long gone) because his voice was AWESOME
    FurryNipples because when I was a just wee veno he was so nice and helpful (still is)
    "I understand the logic. This logic isn't very useful when in use"

"Not many people look inside deer"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    When it comes to gear - Carnivorix
    When it comes to overall influence in PW - Rawthorne + LadyofReal
    b:victory
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Well, considering I made this char within 5 minutes of the server coming back up when the class became available and made my cleric the 4th day of the game being open beta, I don't really have any individuals as motivation for making them. However, on my cleric, I'd regularly spend hours with Phatius discussing cleric builds and playstyles and how to become more effective in achieving our goals (at the time finishing an old-school FF run). Blessing however was a motivation on my cleric to keep pushing and to figure out how the hell she always did more damage than me, even when her max matk was lower than my min... Must solve the puzzle!

So, yeah, Phatius and Blessing for the cleric I played for over a year... Still looking for psychics to discuss with.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear
    _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,458 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    szanti and puma for pking and puma again for gear...though i do want fimmels wep. for cleric didnt have one as i started on lost city when the server opened
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hari - Heavens Tear
    Hari - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I joined PWI on the last day of closed beta... before this version even started. So no, I didn't really have any role models. I still don't... I can't think of a single damn veno on the server who has the same build/char layout/pet layout that I do.

Hell, I remember when I was a lowby I couldn't use my fb19 weapon until 4X because I thought distributing my stat points evenly between str/dex/mag/vit was a good thing to do... and I wore all quest-reward gear until lvl 70-ish. Good thing I'm a veno, so I could actually get away with that...

Anyway yeah, I never had a veno role model. Although I'm fairly confident I've been a role model for several venos...
    HT clerics at their finest:

hari: can you do mdef debuffs? makes the fight go faster
    naughty_x: waste, I do more damage without them
    hari: ...you do more damage in 2 seconds than reducing mdef by 35% for 4 casters does in 20 seconds?
    naughty_x: is waste, i do more damage

hari: 3-3 BH goes a lot faster with a sin
    naughty_x: no, only a difference of like 3 minutes
    hari: ...we've been in here a lot longer than 3 minutes already
    naughty_x: your opinion
  • SeaStorm - Heavens Tear
    SeaStorm - Heavens Tear Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Never really had a role model but have had some wonder discussions with various venos on the server regarding play styles, gear, weapons, and sage/demon (especially when I was in my 80s). Some have left the game and others I still get to squad with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Iulius - Heavens Tear
    Iulius - Heavens Tear Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i have no role models but i try to discus with all bms that are willing to share infos about experience and other stuff. About gear role mode,l all that have nice gear and better than mine :))
  • Darksmiley - Heavens Tear
    Darksmiley - Heavens Tear Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    jeeeezzzzz its been a looooonnng time. Id have to say mine was Dema and Icygrl when i played that is.
    Darksmiley - A.K.A PWI's old ****

A look at my time: Chaosgods-->Lostsoulz-->Titans-->Triad-->(break from pwi)-->Caesar-->(break from pwi)-->Hikary-->Titans -.-
    I don't TW atm b:surrender

Shoulda rolled a PVP server -.-
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Mmmm well I would have to say FrostFlower and Rua. They always seemed like teachers to me. As for Role model I would have to say Lycorys. b:chuckle but thats just this venos opinion.

Vivi is what I aimed at when I thought of levels. If it had to come down to skill I would say I wished to be as skilled as Sanosukolee (however you spell that)

b:cute I know I have gotten a few venos view me as their teacher though as they have told me so. (@_@ however fail I am)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Mmmm well I would have to say FrostFlower and Rua. They always seemed like teachers to me. As for Role model I would have to say Lycorys. b:chuckle but thats just this venos opinion.

Vivi is what I aimed at when I thought of levels. If it had to come down to skill I would say I wished to be as skilled as Sanosukolee (however you spell that)

b:cute I know I have gotten a few venos view me as their teacher though as they have told me so. (@_@ however fail I am)

SanosukeLeeb:mischievous
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    SanosukeLeeb:mischievous

b:kiss Thank you I knew I spelled it wrong. b:surrender just wasn't sure where
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HeavenlyLove - Heavens Tear
    HeavenlyLove - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Avasara had 2 nyxes too kinda miss him still :(

Yeah he was awesome. My role model was CandyKat! I guess thats why i went sage.

Edit: Oh and Avalune!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chansore - Heavens Tear
    Chansore - Heavens Tear Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Yeah he was awesome. My role model was CandyKat! I guess thats why i went sage.

Edit: Oh and Avalaune!(fixed)

I miss Ava! b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Founder of United Lions Liberation Front
    not to be confused with the
    ..Liberators Movement for Lions
    or.....Lions United Front
    or........United Lions Front for Liberation of all Lions

Retired b:bye but still trolllinnnnnn
  • Chanima - Heavens Tear
    Chanima - Heavens Tear Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I always looked up to Jermaine.. he was the best wizard on the server and the only player to ever lvl from lvl 1-6 or something in Lunar Glade.
    Pride comes before a fall! b:bye
  • konariraiden
    konariraiden Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I influenced myself...also, back when I was still looking for endgame LA, FrozenFlame was my rolemodel...but when I switched over to Arcane, it was Ty who was my idol.

b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I present to you the winner of Konari's Signature Contest...SilversMoon from Heaven's Tear!
  • Chanima - Heavens Tear
    Chanima - Heavens Tear Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I influenced myself...also, back when I was still looking for endgame LA, FrozenFlame was my rolemodel...but when I switched over to Arcane, it was Ty who was my idol.

b:cute

I thought you looked up to Nicholas Cage? Kon-Air b:laugh

oh thats right, he is not in HT... well... I know you looked up to Jermaine too :)
    Pride comes before a fall! b:bye
  • konariraiden
    konariraiden Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I thought you looked up to Nicholas Cage? Kon-Air b:laugh

oh thats right, he is not in HT... well... I know you looked up to Jermaine too :)

...or did I...?

b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I present to you the winner of Konari's Signature Contest...SilversMoon from Heaven's Tear!
  • Thehate - Heavens Tear
    Thehate - Heavens Tear Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I always looked up to Jermaine.. he was the best wizard on the server and the only player to ever lvl from lvl 1-6 or something in Lunar Glade.

TaoFB leveled 1-9... Anyhow, Jermaine obviously did that way more... gracefully.