Offensive Cleric

Options
Kyrss - Raging Tide
Kyrss - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Cleric
Hello,
I know this isn't the normal idea for a cleric but me and a couple guild mates were talking and wondering if it would be possible to make an offensive cleric. That would focus on say plume shot etc instead of healing and buffing. We were also wondering what the stats would be like for such a character. If anyone has any ideas let me know please :)

Thanks,

Dustin
Post edited by Kyrss - Raging Tide on

Comments

• FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Any decent cleric is as good at attacking as they are as supporting. That's half the point of the class. Our limited number of skills allows you to max both attack and support skills moderately early.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Of course it's possible, but kind of unnecessary to me. I never really had any problems maxing all the basics (buffs, IH, plume, cyclone, purify)... in the 70s and 80s you'll have some trouble balancing attack and support skills, but in the end there's no reason not to have both.
    If you aren't going to stay up to date with your heals, then I guess you'd probably want more vit in the lower levels. The standard vit/pure mag builds should be fine though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Riverwell - Archosaur
    Riverwell - Archosaur Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    This sounds like a FAC... b:avoid

It's been done but...you'll have to warn every squad your in that you're not support, and you'll probably encounter some, ahem, not very nice attitudes.

I believe the recomended build for this type of cleric is pure mag = higher attack = higher heal (you'll at least want to get IB for solo-ing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -
    Previous Enemy Executor
    Current SentineI Member
    -
    "I'm sorry, but if you cant aggro control, then you better have the gear/charm to back yourself up. And falling short of that, you simply deserve to die. It's PWI darwinism tbh." - DaKillanator - Raging Tide
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    In other similar games character build dictates the role (support vs. attack) but here in PWI it's all a matter of having enough coins and spirit to make both attack and support roles equally powerful. While it defeats part of the role-playing experience, it makes planning easy and enjoyable to players not used to RPG.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Kyrss - Raging Tide
    edited April 2010
    Options
    How do you have enough spirit for all the skills because doesn't the game stop giving so much spirit eventually??

Dustin
  • tukiyem
    tukiyem Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    How do you have enough spirit for all the skills because doesn't the game stop giving so much spirit eventually??

Dustin

after 90++ you will have spirits more than enough to max up all skills.
  • Kyrss - Raging Tide
    edited April 2010
    Options
    how hard is it to reach 90 though? I played on Malaysia years ago and got to level 33. And is the game still fun at 90?? Is it possible to get that high without using cash shop?
  • tukiyem
    tukiyem Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Many playrs still playing even they reached 3 digits level (100++). It is possible to reach 90 w/o spend real money on cash shop. Cash shop is just to make your game easier and not stressful, but u will be more stress in real life if you spend all your real money for a game, right?
    I myself a level 90 cleric and stil play PW for fun ^_^
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about reaching 90 just play as you like.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • iluvprpl
    iluvprpl Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Any decent cleric is as good at attacking as they are as supporting. That's half the point of the class. Our limited number of skills allows you to max both attack and support skills moderately early.

Clerics do not have a limited number of skills. They have the most skills in the game. And an offensive cleric would just be one who levels their attack skills before their heal skills, instead of the usual heal/buff skills before attack skills. Also the build would be more VIT focused, since you're now leaning towards DD, so it would be 8/7 mag, 1 str, 1/2 vit each odd level.
  • ArchAngel - Dreamweaver
    ArchAngel - Dreamweaver Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    iluvprpl wrote: »
    Clerics do not have a limited number of skills. They have the most skills in the game.

BM class has the most skills in game lol :p
  • Solae - Raging Tide
    Solae - Raging Tide Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i'm a pure mag build and i've found no problem with keeping up with my skills
    all my buffs (except for celestial seal) are up to date, as is plume shot and cyclone. purify is levl 6, and WS is levl 8. everything else is levl 1 or 2 :P
    res is 3 i think..lol
    but i can grind and fight mobs my levl +2 (archers are a little tricky though) as long as i cast an IH then i just plume, cyc, plu, cyc until they die, and i rarely die from this.
    my mag atk when buffed is around 2.6k-3k, and most of my gears are phys or hp sharded (the ones i'll be keeping for a while, that is)
    yu have to know how to play yur class, and even being super squishy with 1.4k hp, i can do my quests fine. i know its probably because i have not hit higher levls where it'll become more apparent, but up until now i've been faring fine.
    as a full support cleric, its really easy to find squads, and they won't mind if yu need them to help with a boss or two as long as yu help with their bh or whatever, but that bh could also be the one yu need to do, so its a win win situation either way.
    if yu think about it , to be the most offensive yu must put most points into mag, and 1 every other for str. the highest healing clerics are this build as well. if yu want to deal a lot of dmg, yu have to sacrifice survivability. its the reason why we're usually in the background, healing tanks during bosses, and after about 3 IH's are stacked, do a plume, IH, plume, IH and the tank'll never have to worry about his health dropping, and as a high dmg cleric, yu'll be fine as a dd. at levl 53 i do probably about 4k dmg :D
    levl 8x cleric on ragingg tidee; Solae
  • Nibby - Dreamweaver
    Nibby - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Laughing -

I just couldn't help but poke a little fun towards all my cleric friends.

Love You :)

xxx
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Clerics do not have a limited number of skills. They have the most skills in the game. And an offensive cleric would just be one who levels their attack skills before their heal skills, instead of the usual heal/buff skills before attack skills. Also the build would be more VIT focused, since you're now leaning towards DD, so it would be 8/7 mag, 1 str, 1/2 vit each odd level.

That's just . . . well I'll say it nicely and say you are wrong.

Clerics are on the low end of overall skills. There's no good reason why you can't have all skills, even the "useless" ones maxed by mid to late 80's.

Add to that, a FAC cleric would not go with a vit build ideally - vit for a cleric is mostly useless on the PvE end. I see no reason why a PvE FAC would be anything other than a full magic build.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    FAC is the best to way to make a cleric fail.

1. buffs are not only for the others.

2. healing is not only for the others. if cost is a concern, max only 1 or 2 heals.

3. clerics aren't expensive in terms of skills. psychics, assassins, blademasters and wizards are much more expensive.

4. if support role is not appealing to you then playing cleric is the least suitable class to you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    clerics aren't expensive in terms of skills. psychics, assassins, blademasters and wizards are much more expensive.

o.o

BMs are allowed to choose any amount of weapon paths they want, and have many almost-useless skills (Tiger Maw, Draw Blood, Steam Strike, etc.)
    Wizards have almost-useless DoTs, Emberstorm, Hailstorm, Pitfall, etc.
    Psys and Sins I don't know much, other than Sins auto-attack alot

Clerics, on the other hand, have to level almost every single skill except for Blessing of the Purehearted (still useful for a more MP-efficient Stream of Rejuvination-type purpose), Thunderball (slightly useful in PK for ticking someone's charm), and Flight Mastery (useful if you want to go fast)

I'll have some spirit if you don't want any b:mischievous
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    o.o

BMs are allowed to choose any amount of weapon paths they want, and have many almost-useless skills (Tiger Maw, Draw Blood, Steam Strike, etc.)
    Wizards have almost-useless DoTs, Emberstorm, Hailstorm, Pitfall, etc.
    Psys and Sins I don't know much, other than Sins auto-attack alot

Clerics, on the other hand, have to level almost every single skill except for Blessing of the Purehearted (still useful for a more MP-efficient Stream of Rejuvination-type purpose), Thunderball (slightly useful in PK for ticking someone's charm), and Flight Mastery (useful if you want to go fast)

I'll have some spirit if you don't want any b:mischievous

Pitfall and hailstom aren't useless at all with chance to freeze and hailtorm being one their very few sparkless AOE attacks.

Clerics on the other hand have inefficient spells like Thunderball, Razor Feather and Siren's kiss that most cleric don't use anyway. And clerics dont have to level every single spell they have. Just max IH, 1 lvl into purify, 1 level into team heal and max plume shot, max cyclone and lastly buffs are optional. I can play my cleric with just those spells. If you can channel thunderball in pvp or pk...
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aydamn - Lost City
    Aydamn - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Razor Feathers and Siren's Kiss are great b:surprised

Thunderball, however, is an awfully awful skill. I only use that for lolfactor.
  • iluvprpl
    edited April 2010
    Options

Their useable skills depend on what weapon they have equipped, so what I say still stands.
  • iluvprpl
    edited April 2010
    Options
    That's just . . . well I'll say it nicely and say you are wrong.

Clerics are on the low end of overall skills. There's no good reason why you can't have all skills, even the "useless" ones maxed by mid to late 80's.

Add to that, a FAC cleric would not go with a vit build ideally - vit for a cleric is mostly useless on the PvE end. I see no reason why a PvE FAC would be anything other than a full magic build.

I never said that some skills would be left unleveled. All I said that the leveling priorities would be reversed, so the attack skills would be maxed before the buffs/heals. And the vit build adds more survivability, which is good for an offensive cleric, especially since they would be more focused on attacks and less on heals.
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

I did say inefficient, not useless.

For razor's feather, most other classes get better aoe and damage. The channeling time i shorrible too. Siren's Kiss low damage and 1 spark requirement kinda ruin it too for such a fast channel spell.
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jeridian - Sanctuary
    Jeridian - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

I would take Thunderball over Siren's kiss anytime. It may not have awesome damage, but it's good if used properly, i.e. linking attack combo's when other skills are in cooldown. I actually got this skill to thank for quite a few kills in the past. Funny thing; I use the latter for lolfactor myself. :D
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Laughing -

I just couldn't help but poke a little fun towards all my cleric friends.

Love You :)

xxx

i'm a full magic build with a atk stat of abt 5500-7500 buffed. and over 3k hp. I have most of my main skills maxed and over 6mil spirit just sitting there.

As far as being able to atk, look of cleric aoe grind either here or on youtube. the only time i have really ever used siren's kiss is to clear the boss room in fb29 and when a barb runs past me with an entire fb19 worth of mobs.

thunderball is on the crappy side of horrible.

I have razor feathers maxed for aoe grind. my current limit is abt 12 lvl 87s.

off topic...

Hi Nibbyb:bye where you been
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ArchAngel - Dreamweaver
    ArchAngel - Dreamweaver Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Their useable skills depend on what weapon they have equipped, so what I say still stands.

BMs can have the most skills in game because they can swap weapons and use related weapon skills to their best advantage, especially during PvP or duels. So what I say still stands.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    If looking for attack, pure mag is definitely the way. Cyclone and Plumeshot can be maxed to lvl, but your Ironheart is likely to lag behind. First cleric had it 10 character levels behind; but I still healed for more due to full mag spec, using focus powder so I spammed without cost, and using aftercast cancel to get in more heals than other clerics.

Health isn't a problem PvE side, especially after they did away with aggro in arch area. Again, using aftercast cancel with attack skills and maintaining max range, no melee mob should ever touch you. Ranged should get one hit off before die, only those annoying hit you after they die ones get more. Found this leveling my second cleric up using the tricks learned playing my first.

So.

Full magic
    Max Cyclone and Plumeshot
    Others can lag behind slightly, but look to max IB with spare SP
    Max Spirit's Gift, lots of benefit in early levels
    Learn and use aftercast cancelling
    Get Apothecary and farm/make Life Powders, to be able to make MP regen powders at 20+

EDIT: BMs do have the most skills, the good ones will usually be seen swapping around. And with cancel casting to get self buffs from demon skills, should see lots of swapping between fist, spear, and axe late level. Sword on high evasion or as preference.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • iluvprpl
    edited April 2010
    Options
    BMs can have the most skills in game because they can swap weapons and use related weapon skills to their best advantage, especially during PvP or duels. So what I say still stands.

Yeah, but if they don't have enough money for more than one weapon (or if they decide to invest in only one), the number of skills they can use is immediately quartered.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    It has been mentioned not by me but by some other cleric that TB is good for bosses as for DoT other mag classes have them as well as for those with increased health.It is our only Dot spell.I know there are better ones like WT.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Yeah, but if they don't have enough money for more than one weapon (or if they decide to invest in only one), the number of skills they can use is immediately quartered.

most decent bms are going to level some skills in all paths, use some others at level 1 for their secondary effect, and not level all skills in any one path right away.

I have a fist bm but I carry 5 weapons...fist, pole, axe, sword and bow. I have the ultis for sword and axe, axe aoes will be leveled, shadowless kick will be leveled. there are priorities from other paths then your main path that are higher then some skills in your main path when your a bm.

however this is a discussion about cleric damage so.......thats all abt bms
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • goldsidewalker
    goldsidewalker Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    If you are gonna be a full attack priest this is a good guide http://home.arcor.de/cayeon/FA_EP_Guide/FA_EP_Guide_v3.2.pdf

And I didn't write this
  • Jlora - Sanctuary
    Jlora - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

I really doubt you will use all the weapons available for BM plus get all of the skills. Clerics do get the skills sooner or later b:victory