Land/Sea Mounts

Jlora - Sanctuary
Jlora - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Suggestion Box
I got my first mount yesterday, while running I went into water thinking my mount could swim. Here i thought, why not make mounts that instead of running extremely fast they could swim. The map isn't covered in water but there is a part in which has a lots of water and you need to gather some materials from there. It would make it easier if you had a fish in which could carry you over or under water. I know everyone has some sort of flying method (wings,swords,etc...) but they can't go underwater. Hope you like my idea b:victory
Post edited by Jlora - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Emeryl - Lost City
    Emeryl - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I don't post here but I'm sure that this alread was suggested many times, but acqua mounts will be useless because the missions in the water are few.
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Meh, I don't see any reason they couldn't add them. I know many people who would buy them, just because they like to go swimming around and hate how slow their character swim.

Plus the water is like the only safe area to be at if your in PK and blood red b:chuckle
  • Jlora - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    Meh, I don't see any reason they couldn't add them. I know many people who would buy them, just because they like to go swimming around and hate how slow their character swim.

Plus the water is like the only safe area to be at if your in PK and blood red b:chuckle

Exactly and every time a shark or any other creature attacks me and is dealing a lot of damage i have to go to surface and then fly away, which takes a lot of time.b:shocked
    edited April 2010
    Well being a BM, those little sharky bite's are like a misquitoe. So i'm not worried about them, i just like the idea to swim faster then a damn snail =.=
  • Glowfish - Lost City
    Glowfish - Lost City Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited April 2010

huh?

10charsdamn
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Hmm... Water mounts... not uber necessary, but why not? Hmmm, what about hybrid water mounts? A dragon turtle (sea snake, sea dragon, crocodile, etc.) which can walk on land (crippled movement speed though) and swims super fast in the water...
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    some of the mounts should allrdy be able to swim imo no need for new ones just make it so the mounts tht we currently have can swim if its realistic like for instance i believe panthers can swim polar bears can to lolb:laugh
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    anwynd wrote: »
    some of the mounts should allrdy be able to swim imo no need for new ones just make it so the mounts tht we currently have can swim if its realistic like for instance i believe panthers can swim polar bears can to lolb:laugh

But that would look crappy somehow :/
    And for sure add more bugs to the game. Do ya want a bugged panther?
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    if they add new mounts there could be a chance for bugs doesnt matter wut they do there is allways a chance for bugs
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    anwynd wrote: »
    if they add new mounts there could be a chance for bugs doesnt matter wut they do there is allways a chance for bugs

But then, wouldnt it better for the new mounts to be bugged instead of old reliable ones?
  • Jlora - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    Hmm... Water mounts... not uber necessary, but why not? Hmmm, what about hybrid water mounts? A dragon turtle (sea snake, sea dragon, crocodile, etc.) which can walk on land (crippled movement speed though) and swims super fast in the water...

I like that one... being able to run/walk in land but of course not that 9-11 but like 5-7 and swim faster b:victory
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    I like that one... being able to run/walk in land but of course not that 9-11 but like 5-7 and swim faster b:victory

Yup, 5-7 ms is fine.
  • Maddieson - Sanctuary
    Maddieson - Sanctuary Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Oh my god. I can't swim fast. Too bad I only need to swim 1/4 of the time. Whatever shall I do?
    It's not my job to shut you down on a suggestion. It's a pleasure, though.
    edited April 2010
    Maddie: No QQ'ing sarcasm allowed in this thread. b:shutup

Ty and have a good day.
  • Maddieson - Sanctuary
    Maddieson - Sanctuary Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Maddie: No QQ'ing sarcasm allowed in this thread. b:shutup

Ty and have a good day.

Just making a point.
    It's not my job to shut you down on a suggestion. It's a pleasure, though.
  • Jlora - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    Oh my god. I can't swim fast. Too bad I only need to swim 1/4 of the time. Whatever shall I do?

PWI could make more quests involved in the water, make caves underwater that you will have to swim a lot to get to boss. That way you will be swimming more often b:pleased
  • Pegasi - Lost City
    Pegasi - Lost City Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    it would be nice to be able to just swim across the water on my mount rather than get off then get back on. It really -really- sucks when trying to escape a PKer.
    Horses can freaking swim, so can a lot of other animals on this game. Always bums me out when they can't. It wouldn't be very hard to just make it so you didn't get booted off your mount in water and add a few basic animations would it? I can DC myself and "swim" on my mount just fine. It's pretty funny.

Problem is I can't do it in game when actually connected. =_=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When Saukey decides she can swim, I know I didn't get the DC pop-up again. Wish she swam when it matters.
  • Jlora - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    it would be nice to be able to just swim across the water on my mount rather than get off then get back on. It really -really- sucks when trying to escape a PKer.
    Horses can freaking swim, so can a lot of other animals on this game. Always bums me out when they can't. It wouldn't be very hard to just make it so you didn't get booted off your mount in water and add a few basic animations would it? I can DC myself and "swim" on my mount just fine. It's pretty funny.

Problem is I can't do it in game when actually connected. =_=

b:chuckle I like the pic in sig. that's a good example of what I'm saying b:victory
  • Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver
    Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I find it amusing that even the fish mounts cannot swim except on land. b:chuckle Very amusing.

But yeah, mounts should be allowed to get their feet wet and not disappear in rivers. It's what drives me nuts - my mount is faster, but I can't ride her the whole way because she can't swim.