barb axe/hammer Q

Adianca - Heavens Tear
Adianca - Heavens Tear Posts: 70 Arc User
edited April 2010 in General Discussion
i have a lvl 37 barb probly be around lvl 40 today im jw wat kinda wep should i get for him if he is lvl 40-45 .i am still using the lvl 20 wep from the stash. i have around 1mill i could spend on it but i realy dont want to bc i lvl fairly fast at lvl 40 so is there a wep that is ok with a fairly low price just maby a list of good wep then i can AH there price thanx for the help
Post edited by Adianca - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    You need to get a perfect iron hammer at level 50 for the account stash. You get a good set of hammers from there, that you can use until atleast 60. The hammers are a bit pricy atm, so I suggest you start saving up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i have a lvl 37 barb probly be around lvl 40 today im jw wat kinda wep should i get for him if he is lvl 40-45 .i am still using the lvl 20 wep from the stash. i have around 1mill i could spend on it but i realy dont want to bc i lvl fairly fast at lvl 40 so is there a wep that is ok with a fairly low price just maby a list of good wep then i can AH there price thanx for the help

A good three star weapon should do. Check AH, and you can find good deals in there. I suggest you get the weapon Pisces' Tail Handaxes. If you want thought, you can get the Handaxes of Demonic Roar, but those are pretty expensive (at worst like 2m, usually close to 1m).
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    A good three star weapon should do. Check AH, and you can find good deals in there. I suggest you get the weapon Pisces' Tail Handaxes. If you want thought, you can get the Handaxes of Demonic Roar, but those are pretty expensive (at worst like 2m, usually close to 1m).
    The thing about legendary weapons is that you don't buy them, you rent them. You spend 1.2 mil to buy handaxes of demonic roar, use them for 10-15 levels. Then when you get a new better weapon, you sell the handaxes of demonic roar for 1.2 mil.

If you're really good at finding deals, you buy the axes for 1 mil, use them, and sell them for 1.5 mil. You get paid to use the legendary weapon.

3-star weapons are much harder to resell. So usually any money you spend on them is gone forever, unless you're willing to decompose the weapon after you replace it.
  • Adianca - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    oh ok sounds interesting i like ur thoughts on the legandary wep is it hard to come by and wat lvl is it good till. also for the stash wep u cant sell if can u like after uspend the mill on a hammer
  • Adianca - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    well hammers r more then 1millnow :P but i ahve 5 gold i could use on them i jsut dont know if there better wat r the stats ont he wep u get from the stash
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Don't get the hammers, never never ever open the box. Nothing in there is worth the cost regardless if you have the gold. Buy 5 tiger packs, wait till they leave boutique then sell them. Then go here and look for a legendary weapon you would like to use till 60 when you can get your TT axes.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • Adianca - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    oh ok thanx so the legandary weps r the gold and red ones ?
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Don't get the hammers, never never ever open the box. Nothing in there is worth the cost regardless if you have the gold. Buy 5 tiger packs, wait till they leave boutique then sell them. Then go here and look for a legendary weapon you would like to use till 60 when you can get your TT axes.
    1)Emerald Guardian Charm
    2)Do-all card x 5
    3)G7 shard
    4)Mysterious Chips x 20
    5)Emerald Guardian, Emerald Spirit,Mysterious chips x 20

Pretty sure that's worth more than 1 perfect iron hammer. Especially if you add the fact that you're getting a weapon thats pretty good for that level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Adianca - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    i think im going to go with the demonic roar till lvl 52 thanx for all the help. :) also the tiger pack thing wat do people use them for and how much can i sell them for later on when there not on sale if i desided to do that . so like price now price later kinda thing so i can see the profit i could make just a guess
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    1)Emerald Guardian Charm
    2)Do-all card x 5
    3)G7 shard
    4)Mysterious Chips x 20
    5)Emerald Guardian, Emerald Spirit,Mysterious chips x 20

Pretty sure that's worth more than 1 perfect iron hammer. Especially if you add the fact that you're getting a weapon thats pretty good for that level.
    Unfortunately, low price tokens have pretty much cratered all those markets.

Emerald charms are 60% of a bronze charm, which sells for 0.8 gold. So the 3 charms account for 1.44 gold in value.

With 11k tokens:
    Do-all cards are 31k. 5 of them gets you to 155k
    G7 shards are 154k
    Mysterious chips are 9.9k, so the 40 you get are worth 396k.

Total comes to just 705k, which with gold at 400k works out to just 1.76 gold.

A perfect hammer costs 5 gold, minus 1.44 gold for the charms, minus 1.77 gold for the other stuff, leaves 1.8 gold in cost for the level 50 weapon, or about 720k.

Problem is the level 50 supply stash weapon can't be traded and can't be refined. So any money you throw at it is gone forever once you level beyond the range where it's useful (though I suppose if you have alts you could pass it to them through the account stash). So the level 50 weapon will cost you ~720k which will be gone forever.

Meanwhile the legendary weapon is essentially free. Yeah you lose the use of the 1-1.5 mil you'll spend for the weapon while you have it, but if you go the perfect hammer route you won't get the full value of the supply stash items until you're level 75. So as it stands right now, the supply stash weapon is a really, really bad idea.

If tokens go back up to 15k and gold drops to 325k, then the supply stash weapon drops to costing a net 0.6 gold, which might be worth it. But the handaxes of demonic roar or even gale dual hammers are still a better investment IMHO since if you're careful you won't lose any money on them.
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Unfortunately, low price tokens have pretty much cratered all those markets.

Emerald charms are 60% of a bronze charm, which sells for 0.8 gold. So the 3 charms account for 1.44 gold in value.

With 11k tokens:
    Do-all cards are 31k. 5 of them gets you to 155k
    G7 shards are 154k
    Mysterious chips are 9.9k, so the 40 you get are worth 396k.

Total comes to just 705k, which with gold at 400k works out to just 1.76 gold.

A perfect hammer costs 5 gold, minus 1.44 gold for the charms, minus 1.77 gold for the other stuff, leaves 1.8 gold in cost for the level 50 weapon, or about 720k.

Problem is the level 50 supply stash weapon can't be traded and can't be refined. So any money you throw at it is gone forever once you level beyond the range where it's useful (though I suppose if you have alts you could pass it to them through the account stash). So the level 50 weapon will cost you ~720k which will be gone forever.

Meanwhile the legendary weapon is essentially free. Yeah you lose the use of the 1-1.5 mil you'll spend for the weapon while you have it, but if you go the perfect hammer route you won't get the full value of the supply stash items until you're level 75. So as it stands right now, the supply stash weapon is a really, really bad idea.

If tokens go back up to 15k and gold drops to 325k, then the supply stash weapon drops to costing a net 0.6 gold, which might be worth it. But the handaxes of demonic roar or even gale dual hammers are still a better investment IMHO since if you're careful you won't lose any money on them.
    I hadn't thought it that far up. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited April 2010

youreDoingItWrong.jpg

RedMenace

\Here's your shipment of FAIL
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    youreDoingItWrong.jpg

RedMenace

\Here's your shipment of FAIL

So ermm why is what i said fail?

Hunter_PT

\Cool Pic btw.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)