Weapon choice

Options
Rawrgh - Raging Tide
Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Barbarian
So after weeks of endless TT runs I finally got my Gx today.

I was wondering if I should look into getting a separate weapon for PvE purposes. I've head lots of good things about using Pan Gu's Giant axe, but the price puts it out of my reach currently as I seem to spend my coins rather quickly as I just got to 90 and have a lot of gear to work on and I need to get demon skills.

So should I invest in a separate weapon and if so, What should I am for?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
Post edited by Rawrgh - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide
    Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    If you have a halfway decent cleric running pve with you (Fuzzy sure there are 1 or 2 in your guild) just enjoy the gx.

b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited April 2010
    Options
    True, although there were several times when I used calamity axes when I wish they didn't have the zerk effect. Especially when I was solo killing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Korsov - Heavens Tear
    Korsov - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    True, although there were several times when I used calamity axes when I wish they didn't have the zerk effect. Especially when I was solo killing.

Since you've hit 90, you can now do the OHT daily. This nets you enough tears of heaven to make the OHT arms every day (assuming you can pay the 400 coins per each of the other cheap OHT mats required to make them.) You can then decompose these for 72 (I think it's that many) perfect stones. I just do this whenever I can and my genie is almost always at full stamina. With my genie always full, I'm free to use Tree of Protection as much as I want. When solo killing with GX, I just wait until my hp dips below 1/2 or 1/3 and use ToP, then go right back to killing. For me at least, this has solved the "GX steals my hp" problem b:victory
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Since you've hit 90, you can now do the OHT daily. This nets you enough tears of heaven to make the OHT arms every day (assuming you can pay the 400 coins per each of the other cheap OHT mats required to make them.) You can then decompose these for 72 (I think it's that many) perfect stones. I just do this whenever I can and my genie is almost always at full stamina. With my genie always full, I'm free to use Tree of Protection as much as I want. When solo killing with GX, I just wait until my hp dips below 1/2 or 1/3 and use ToP, then go right back to killing. For me at least, this has solved the "GX steals my hp" problem b:victory
    It's 70 per day, I've been doing the OHT daily, and it's really helpful although sometimes the long cooldown can make me wait a bit. Been using my tears of heaven from the OHT daily to make boots instead of wrists though, which use up 5 instead of 3. Hoping to get something better than my TT90 boots which really aren't great IMO, as the only add on I really like is the +8 vit.

Thanks, not really used to being able to spare genie energy since I always had to buy the p stones.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SteelStar - Heavens Tear
    SteelStar - Heavens Tear Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    If you have a halfway decent cleric running pve with you (Fuzzy sure there are 1 or 2 in your guild) just enjoy the gx.

b:victory

^ -- This!

For solo grinding (which is pointless after 95) it is nice to have another weapon though.

As far as the TT90 boots... Nothing compares to the phys/magic res and that is the only reason to make them. If you can get your hands on a set of Scribe's Boots (lvl95 mold) they are very very nice. You can always sell out and buy event boots or farm them!.
    It's a game and I'm proud to be a stupid fail demon barb!
    My EPIC Fail Demon Barb has 40k/48k HP and my stat points are as follows:
    VIT 552 STR 310 DEX 60! b:surrender
  • KingTank - Heavens Tear
    KingTank - Heavens Tear Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    if you want a cheap solution buy some OHT mats or farm them and make OHT axes to use for solo grinding, you will prob only use them when you do your OHT daily
  • J_Balt - Heavens Tear
    J_Balt - Heavens Tear Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ^ -- This!

For solo grinding (which is pointless after 95) it is nice to have another weapon though.

As far as the TT90 boots... Nothing compares to the phys/magic res and that is the only reason to make them. If you can get your hands on a set of Scribe's Boots (lvl95 mold) they are very very nice. You can always sell out and buy event boots or farm them!.

Lol wut? It's only pointless if you can't get into Valley of the Scarred.

No charm use, good exp, fast kills and a hell of alot of drops.

Grinding as barb BEFORE you can enter Valley, is pointless b:bye
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I have a set of Lion King's +4'd that I use to grind with when solo, to keep my charm from being ground to paste from the -5% Strike penalty on the GXs. The GX's crit like crazy, but chew the **** outa my HP, they hit so often.

They're also handy when I'm tanking something under BB, and need to conserve my HP as well.

RedMenace
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Esteven - Heavens Tear
    Esteven - Heavens Tear Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I guess I'm one of the odd barbs that like to use Devil Axes to grind with. The nice little 5% hp/mp back saves on pots and allows me to solo aoe more easily. I also see the point in zerking though to kill faster so less pots. Ehh o well - here is to being a strange barb thenb:surrender
  • Bartack - Heavens Tear
    Bartack - Heavens Tear Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I gotta agree, devil axes are a good 'cheep' option, and u can always turn them into scarlets at 99. U might also be able to get a Gatherstorm for about half the price of the Pan Gu Giant, its a great all-rounder.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Wouldn't trade my gatherstorm for the world....well maybe for warsoul :x
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute