Official Map Reset? wanmei.com

Options
Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear
Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear Posts: 701 Arc User
edited April 2010 in General Discussion
4 days ago It has been posted as new anouncement.

Seems there will be map resets for PWI. b:pleased

"Perfect international" part of the server data exchange announcement
为优化服务器配置,进一步提升《完美世界国际版》的服务质量,也为给玩家们提供相互交流的机会,适应活动规模日益扩大的需求,《完美世界国际版》对部分服务器进行数据互通操作,由此给您带来的不便,敬请谅解。 In order to optimize server configurations to further enhance the "international version of Perfect World," the quality of service, but also give players the opportunity for mutual exchange, the increasing size of adaptation needs, "Perfect World International Edition" on the part of the data server interoperability, Thus the inconvenience to you, please understand.
此次数据互通后《完美世界国际版》服务器不仅采用全新的高质量服务器,还将应用全新的服务器架构。 After the data exchange, "Perfect World International Edition" server not using the new high-quality server, the server will apply the new framework. 新的服务器架构不仅可以容纳更多的玩家,同时也让玩家感受更加流畅的游戏环境与激烈的城战场面。 The new server architecture can not only accommodate more players, but also allows players to experience the game more fluid environment and face intense battle city.
具体服务器安排如下: Specific server as follows:

服务器安排 Server arrangement

此外,服务器数据互通后,城战规则不做更改,原属帮派的领土需要重新占领,而原占有领土的帮会将获得补偿金,补偿及比例为所占领的领土一周收益金的1.5倍。 In addition, the server data exchange, the city rules make no changes, originally gangs need to re-occupation of the territories, occupied territory of the original gang will receive compensation payments, compensation, and percentage of occupied territory and proceeds 1.5 times a week. 即一块3级领土的补偿金为1500万完美币,一块2级领土的补偿金为3000万完美币。 That a three territories perfect compensation for the 15 million dollars, a two territories perfect compensation for the 30 million dollars. 例如帮会A原拥有3块3级领土及1块2级领土,则数据互通之后帮会A的帮主将获得(1000*3+2000)*1.5=7500万的领土补偿金作为城战费用的补偿。 For example, the original A gang has three three territories and a two territories, the data exchange after the main fact to be gang A (1000 * 3 +2000) * 1.5 = 75 million as compensation to the territory of the city the cost of compensation for war. 奖励金将以邮寄的形式发送到各位帮主的信箱内,请帮主注意查收。 Incentive payments will be sent to you by mail mailbox main fact, the main fact, please note that check. 请各位玩家继续支持《完美世界国际版》,积极投入更激烈、更具挑战性的领土战争中。 Please continue to support the players, "Perfect World International", active in more intense, more challenging territory of war.
领土补偿金规则如下: Territorial compensation rules are as follows:
3级领土:1500W Three territories: 1500W
2级领土:3000W Two territories: 3000W
在此,感谢广大《完美世界国际版》玩家长期以来对我们的热情支持。 In this, thanking the "Perfect World International Edition" players the warm support of our long-standing. 我们将不负众望,继续努力,开展更加丰富的线上线下的精彩活动,力求为广大玩家提供更加完美的服务。 We will live up to expectations, continue to carry out a more extensive line of exciting online activities, and strive for the majority of players to provide more perfect service. 带去更加精彩的游戏! Bring more exciting game!
体验超越感受世界与你同步 Experience beyond the world and you feel the synchronization
w2i.wanmei.com w2i.wanmei.com

can anyone re-check I cant speak chinese this is google translator :(
Fortune favors the brave

facebook: facebook.com/WorldOfDrakons
forum: dragons-pwi.forum-motion.net
Post edited by Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Hm, if this is true, the leading factions on every server will be happy. *coughs*
    Especially Nefarious, lol.
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I sense lots of people complaining if this is true.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited April 2010
    Options
    China =/= PWI

Chinese servers are much older than PWI. They're just upgrading theirs now. The PWI ones are probably up to date already.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Sadly, Google Translate translates the CN version as the International version. So this is only for PW-CN, but of course it can come to PWI too.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Fritigern - Lost City
    Fritigern - Lost City Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Great deal for factions that own land.
    Payed heaps of coins for your land today just to get it all back over the next few weeks.
    Only now, geared and funded much better to do so. b:laugh

I've been to that wanmei site but it's all Greek to me b:puzzled
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    It sounds like there is a change to the way you earn money from holding land? Not sure... where's Korren at?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Chovan - Harshlands
    Chovan - Harshlands Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Half the stuff from these chinese translations never hits PWI servers, so either:-

- the PWI version is way behind and not caught up yet
    - PWI devs choose which features to implement in this version so some stuff we don't get
    - the information on the chinese website doesn't affect PWI at all
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    We really need someone to translate it properly to actually know what it all means.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Gasoline - Lost City
    Gasoline - Lost City Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    4 days ago It has been posted as new anouncement.

Seems there will be map resets for PWI. b:pleased

:(

Sorry to break it to you, Google Translates "Perfect World" in Chinese as "Perfect World International"

This is on PW-CN and i also think its related to the coming Expansion, its been beta tested for a while now. Probably that map they're having a re-set on.

But im not sure tho, maybe its all the PW-CN server i cant speak Chinese. There seems to be changes on how much money you earn from land tho, wish someone could translate properly ;(
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Sorry to break it to you, Google Translates "Perfect World" in Chinese as "Perfect World International"

This is on PW-CN and i also think its related to the coming Expansion, its been beta tested for a while now. Probably that map they're having a re-set on.

But im not sure tho, maybe its all the PW-CN server i cant speak Chinese. There seems to be changes on how much money you earn from land tho, wish someone could translate properly ;(

Yeah, from reading the translation it sounds like there is already a new server up running a newer version of the software and that map will be reset and the older servers will be updated with the newer server software, however it doesn't make it clear if it's an actual map reset for every server, and from reading it, it might be cross-server territories (which would be pretty amazing), or whatever else you wish to interpret from a bad google translation.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Yeah, from reading the translation it sounds like there is already a new server up running a newer version of the software and that map will be reset and the older servers will be updated with the newer server software, however it doesn't make it clear if it's an actual map reset for every server, and from reading it, it might be cross-server territories (which would be pretty amazing), or whatever else you wish to interpret from a bad google translation.

This time the translation seems better than it usually is, so it is a bit more understandable. It seems that territories will be reset because the servers are using an older version of the software. No idea why they would do that though.

The map reset might happen in PWI too. It all depends how old that software the CN servers use now is. If it is reset because they have altered something after the TBs or genies, then it might come to PWI too. I think the map they use is pretty old, and we have the same since we have some weird rules for TW that don't exist anymore (like no flying in TW; it is cited in the original TW rules, but it was never used in this version). It's all just guessing though; it might just be nothing more than bad translation by Google b:pleased
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Its Chinese servers what is there to be broken to me?

Also.. erm .. for educational purpose PW China changes get implemented in PWI Asap, this is their subsidiary, the only subsidary PW CN has.

K thats about it anyone else got info what is being tested what kinda lands changes etc?
    Fortune favors the brave

• ArchAngel - Dreamweaver
    ArchAngel - Dreamweaver Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Simply put, existing territory owners will be compensated 1.5 times their weekly 'pay' prior to the map reset.
  • Sgt - Raging Tide
    Sgt - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    《完美世界国际版》

For those of you who thinks Google translate PW-CN to PWI, you're wrong.
    This clearly says PWI.
    完美世界 is Perfect World.
    国际版 is International Edition.

However, I do not believe that a land reset will happen until eatwithspoons come back and tell us.
  • _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear
    _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,458 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Map reset? should be funb:chuckle
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LeirtA - Lost City
    LeirtA - Lost City Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    What they're saying is they're upgrading their servers for the game in China and in the process a map reset is unavoidable.

Current land owners will be compensated 1.5 times.

That's the short version. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6J9LLe2Jlg<- One of my best loved piece of trance track
  • hallsvaporaction
    hallsvaporaction Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    That's an announcement for server merges. TW maps reset in server merges in Chinese PWI. What happens over there is whenever a new server goes online, a lot of cash-shoppers rush those servers. After a while, some of the older servers become ghost towns without cash-shoppers gold support. Eventually the older servers will be merged into a new server, giving the cash-shoppers a new reason to participate and breath life to several dead old communities. If you watch their weekly announcements long enough, there's a constant stream of new servers being brought online and older servers being merged. It's one way for PWI to make new money with the same content. The same practice may one day grace us too if it's not in motion already.
  • StormChaos - Heavens Tear
    StormChaos - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Half the stuff from these chinese translations never hits PWI servers, so either

We only get the stuff that costs $ never the fun stuff b:chuckle
  • Hitokeri - Heavens Tear
    Hitokeri - Heavens Tear Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    This waas an announcement about SERVER MERGER.

Does not apply to all the other servers all all.

Next time translate the title of the post first.
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Also.. erm .. for educational purpose PW China changes get implemented in PWI Asap, this is their subsidiary, the only subsidary PW CN has.

Beijing servers get updates much more regularly than we do over here. There are ususally 2-4 weekly updates before the content is translated and implemented over here. Our last patch here on PWI included over 5 patches worth of updates on the CN servers. We are generally a month or two behind the CN servers at any given point in time. CN servers have had TB sage/demon skills for what, a month now?

This waas an announcement about SERVER MERGER.

Does not apply to all the other servers all all.

Interesting...
  • Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Options
    *Cough*

Well sure its Chinese game they translate, but they sure have Cash shop up to date b:dirty

Who wasnt around to see bugs Devs from China fixed in matter of 1 or 2 days on PWI can say its far away. IMO 1 month or 2 weeks (as it was the case with Ani packs) away from the Developers and translation - implementing to subsidary in Redwood USA is pretty impressive.

PW in other countries is licenced, and they get updates on 3-6 months and bug fixes only then.
    Fortune favors the brave