4. Rinse, repeat.

This deserves a sticky.
Post edited by FBRAlternate - Lost City on

Comments

• EronKillstar - Dreamweaver
    EronKillstar - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    yeah I think there was another oracle n00b that actually made an entire spreadsheet to show how much money it costs to buy a level 80 character.

Not that hard to level anymore with CS starting at 30, 3 a day BH starting at 40, and 9am to 10pm PQ zhen between 60-80, and (pausable) 5x hyper stoned FC starting at 80+.

at least that way you'd get experience playing your class in an instanceb:chuckle
  • Riverwell - Archosaur
    Riverwell - Archosaur Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Not that hard to level anymore with CS starting at 30, 3 a day BH starting at 40, and 9am to 10pm PQ zhen between 60-80, and (pausable) 5x hyper stoned FC starting at 80+.

at least that way you'd get experience playing your class in an instanceb:chuckle

+1
    Really, with as many ways as there are to lvl without CS now, it's kind of a waste at lower lvls IMO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -
    Previous Enemy Executor
    Current SentineI Member
    -
    "I'm sorry, but if you cant aggro control, then you better have the gear/charm to back yourself up. And falling short of that, you simply deserve to die. It's PWI darwinism tbh." - DaKillanator - Raging Tide
  • Lemuria - Harshlands
    Lemuria - Harshlands Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I continue to be surprised at posts like this. For starters you can learn a LOT about your class by soloing. Keeping yourself alive while dealing damage to a target, for example, is far more taxing than spamming every attack under the sun like most DD's do in a squad. There are, of course, plenty of things you don't learn without teaming up and besides which being solo gets boring anyway, but people often label the soloist as a noob without really thinking about what they can accomplish on their own.

At any rate, I find that using oracles at HIGHER levels is more of a waste than using them at lower ones.

At low levels, you can use a couple of oracles and reach your level in mere minutes. At higher levels you can spam oracles for an hour solid and barely see a dent in your XP total. I don't even get 1% from a level 65 oracle, and the higher level oracles don't offer much more XP than that either.

Most classes don't change all that dramatically in role. As a cleric I'm expected to heal. That doesn't change at 5x, won't change at 7x and hasn't changed at 8x. BMs will always be damage dealers and part-time tanks when HP is less of an issue. Barbs will always be tanks. Once players have learned their roles in a group, don't you think people should get off their backs about how they choose to reach higher levels? After all its their character, not yours.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EronKillstar - Dreamweaver
    EronKillstar - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Barbs will always be tanks.

I have to somewhat disagree with this limited view of the Barbarian class. On my 81 Barb for example, doing FC runs my role isn't to tank 100% of the time. My role becomes more of a puller for zhen setups, enemy attack debuff, HP and physical attack buffs, and partial DD. There's honestly no way a Barb can hold all aggro off a full on zhen like that. Granted I don't have Alpha Male on my genie so I don't know the full extent of its aggro holding abilities, but neither do many other barbs - and theres a plethora of barbarians that came before me who did FC/RB/etc when genies did not exist. IMO if the squad dies because Barb can't hold aggro - maybe you should have a BM sword stance the pulls, or just do smaller batches. Thats just me though. Barbs really only truly tank in FC when it comes to bosses.
  • AeonieX - Heavens Tear
    AeonieX - Heavens Tear Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    1. Buy a bunch of oracles
    2. Use them
    3. Use the money to buy more
    4. Rinse, repeat.

This deserves a sticky.
    Thankyou so much for taking time out of game to write this guide! It's been so useful and i've learned a lot. I'll make sure to pass this knowledge on to anyone else that's curious. Thanks again. b:pleased b:victory
    AeonieX - Hybrid Vit Veno 6x
    HarmieX - Pure Mag Psychic 6x
    KyraneiX - Axe/Fist BM 4x
    KyranthoX - Axe Barb 2x
    KyyranthoX - Hybrid Cleric 2x
    AskariX - Pure Dex Assassin 2x
    KyraneiiX - Pure Dex Archer 0x
    AeoniiX - Pure Mag Wizard 0x