Crazy Moments

Rinsharkunos - Sanctuary
Rinsharkunos - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Cleric
This is a true story.
Okay, here's what happened. Out of the shear kindness, I decided to help a friend in bh59. (Was lv.85 at the time) I joined the squad in arch, everyone was there but the barb. I assumed he was already inside. On my way to tele inside, I noticed the barb was level 80. I also noticed that the fire damage icon appeared on his blinking red name. I didn't think much of it... I enter the cave, me being the second one inside. No monsters, it wasn't wined. Barbs hp suddenly drops by nearly half. I run out to the middle of the cave. (Where all of the guardians are.) No guardians.
*Squad chat*
Barb- Heal meee!
Me~ Where are you? o.o
Barb- I'm bringing them closer. Heal me.
*My thoughts*- Hm. Guess He's playing with a couple of mobs.
I see him moving on the map. I turn around.
**You're not going to believe this**
Barb runs towards me, leaving Drakes part of the cave. **This was a Zimo run**
A crowd of mobs comes following. Natural ironheart sense kick in to heal barb.
I hit escape quickly to cancel the heal, after noticing that among the mobs, were Zimo, Drake, and Qianji... O.O The archer just now enters the cave. I take off running, the barb follows me.
Barb- Heal!
Archer- I got em!
**My thoughts** What the hell???
I regain my bearings after watching the archer enter the guardian room, and use holy path trying to get to the entrance. Barb hits holy path at the same time and follows me, practically riding my back. I see the archer charging an attack as we shoot past him.
Barb- wtf! Heal me!
Me- no >.>
Archer- damn...
I look back to see that the archer is dead. I use Holy path again towards the exit, I look back to see that the barb has died, I make it out..

Barb- Rezz!!!
Archer- Revive me!
Me- No one else go in there!
Veno- I will pull
Rest of the squad enters at that moment, I watch all of their hp hit zero almost instantly.
Barb- **** Fail cleric!
Archer- someone have a charm I can borrow?
Veno- Trade me.
Message- You have been kicked from squad.

What's really getting to me about this is... Aren't the rooms suppose to remain sealed until one of the bosses is kill? o.o
Post edited by Rinsharkunos - Sanctuary on

Comments

• King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I see nothing weird or impossible but it's their fault not warning you before doing. You'd probably quit squad but no-one would lose experience.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • RhythmStorm - Heavens Tear
    RhythmStorm - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I hit escape quickly to cancel the heal, after noticing that among the mobs, were Zimo, Drake, and Qianji... O.O

This made me lol. Hard.
    I've had quite a few crazy BHs/FBs with fail squads, but nothing as hilarious as this.
    b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Nieka - Harshlands
    Nieka - Harshlands Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    hmm with a 90 barb and cleric this might be possible to pull off but you would have to go in knowing that this is what you were ganna try
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Sounds like a fun way to do that FB, but agree that everyone should be aware before starting - otherwise it just gets messy!
  • iluvprpl
    iluvprpl Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    OMG that was so hilarious! >.< I have a crazy story too, but this one tops it! Why are so many barbs so arrogant? They just expect to be healed with something like that going on?? and the doors to the other bosses are activated by killing the guards in front of their entrances, not necessarily killing the other bosses. So he could have killed all the guards and then did that crazy thing he did. Wow, i've never heard of that!>w<
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    ... Wait what? Zimo, Drake, AND Quanji on the barb?

.... that right there screams something fishy going on.

Did no one else in the squad notice this?
  • Rinsharkunos - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    truekossy wrote: »
    ... Wait what? Zimo, Drake, AND Quanji on the barb?

.... that right there screams something fishy going on.

Did no one else in the squad notice this?

No one said anything about it. He was the only one there before I arrived.

The barb might have mentioned it, but not while I was in the squad. o.o

There was no way I was going to heal him. His 10k HP dropped by nearly half in one second. Around 4.5k, and quickly decreasing with burn. His charm ticked, then his hp dropped to nothing almost instantly. No way to heal that in time. I couldn't stop laughing when he kicked me out of the squad after everyone died.
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    This made me smile. b:laugh
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • Qingzi - Harshlands
    Qingzi - Harshlands Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    iluvprpl wrote: »
    OMG that was so hilarious! >.< I have a crazy story too, but this one tops it! Why are so many barbs so arrogant? They just expect to be healed with something like that going on?? and the doors to the other bosses are activated by killing the guards in front of their entrances, not necessarily killing the other bosses. So he could have killed all the guards and then did that crazy thing he did. Wow, i've never heard of that!>w<

The thing is, if you kill one guard, the rest of them dissappears into thin air.
    Theoretically, it should be possible if all the guards were killed at the same time, but practically that's impossible since he was the only one there. Unless the cave was actually FULL OF ASSASSIN HAXXORZb:shocked
  • truekossy
    edited April 2010
    The questionable barb aside, I can't deny it's kinda sad that the only sane member of that squad was booted. Especially when it comes to this part.
    Barb- Rezz!!!
    Archer- Revive me!
    Me- No one else go in there!
    Veno- I will pull
    Rest of the squad enters at that moment, I watch all of their hp hit zero almost instantly.

I dunno about you, but when the tank who shouldn't have a problem dies, a second squad member in the area dies, and the cleric is hauling **** to get out of there and warning everyone to NOT go in.... I'd kinda sorta maybe listen to the cleric.
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    truekossy wrote: »
    I dunno about you, but when the tank who shouldn't have a problem dies, a second squad member in the area dies, and the cleric is hauling **** to get out of there and warning everyone to NOT go in.... I'd kinda sorta maybe listen to the cleric.

That requires common sense; an element sorely lacking in the universe.
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    It seemed impossible to me. But it happened. o.o
    I don't know about opening all of those gates at once. But in bh 59, it takes a pretty long time to get to each boss. An um.. I'm guessing he just went from boss to boss used a genie to pull or just gave them a good smack. The mobs there don't follow you forever, that would explain the "small" group following him. Unless it was wined. Not sure...
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I would say it was the Barb s fault0 for not waiting for everyone and bringing all the boses to you.An 80s Barb should now better.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • truekossy
    edited April 2010
    It seemed impossible to me. But it happened. o.o
    I don't know about opening all of those gates at once. But in bh 59, it takes a pretty long time to get to each boss. An um.. I'm guessing he just went from boss to boss used a genie to pull or just gave them a good smack. The mobs there don't follow you forever, that would explain the "small" group following him. Unless it was wined. Not sure...

It's (almost) impossible to have multiple bosses in 59 follow you via legit methods. Even when wined, you have to kill a guardian to open the door for whichever path you choose and once that guardian dies, much like the pair in 39, the other ones will vanish. Once that's done, the only way to get to a path other than the one you initially picked by killing a guardian is by killing the boss of the path prior to it (So Zimo opens wood, of opens water, quanji opens fire, drake opens earth, glutt opens metal).

The only ways that are possible for bypassing this legitly are having the squad kill all 5 guards at the exact same time (incredibly unlikely but I won't say impossible), or having an assassin shadow teleport through the doors to the nearby mobs in an unwined run, then drag the bosses back to the door from where an archer or such could attack the boss to gain aggro much like how you can pull Quingzi through the door.

The problem with the first method is that the precision required for that makes it pretty much impossible to accomplish. Especially when we consider that people can crit, differing attack speeds/channel times, etc. The problem with the second is ht it can only be done if the place is not wined and the assassin is very likely to get killed pulling the boss in range for a squad made to take aggro since they can't use stealth on the trip back.

And this all is ignoring what you said about how only the barb was inside when you got there. Once you take that into account... well... things don't look so good for that barb.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    O.O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • _Pale - Sanctuary
    _Pale - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I think I met these 2 guys from Nef on Sanctuary.
    They did the same thing, all mobs running after the uncharmed high lvl barb to the center.
    archer picks off the boss, no need to kill all the mobs.
    But yeah you have to heal the barb on occassion (in my case they used pots), which is tricky. Mostly you are healing the archer who actually tanks the boss. barb just runs all the way through to shake off the mobs and pick up the next boss. They didn't explain it to me either, but I guessed they are running it differently, just roll with it. Went without a hitch
    Don't Panic: some barbs actually know how to hold aggro and play their class, and not all archers are super squishy.
    b:bye
    I'm not there to make you survive in PWI, that's your job
    ** expected fail squad: express rule of thumb "you die by stupidity, you go to town" **
    ~Sanctuary~Cleric/Archer/Veno~Audeamus/Enelysion
  • Jlora - Sanctuary
    Jlora - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    LOL b:laugh atleast you didn't die... they were the ones who lost experience for not listening b:chuckle
  • iluvprpl
    iluvprpl Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    The thing is, if you kill one guard, the rest of them dissappears into thin air.
    Theoretically, it should be possible if all the guards were killed at the same time, but practically that's impossible since he was the only one there. Unless the cave was actually FULL OF ASSASSIN HAXXORZb:shocked

First: all the guards do not disappear if you kill one. Second, he was a lvl80 in a lvl51-59 dungeon, so yes, he could have done all that by himself.
  • tukiyem
    tukiyem Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I think I met these 2 guys from Nef on Sanctuary.
    They did the same thing, all mobs running after the uncharmed high lvl barb to the center.
    archer picks off the boss, no need to kill all the mobs.
    But yeah you have to heal the barb on occassion (in my case they used pots), which is tricky. Mostly you are healing the archer who actually tanks the boss. barb just runs all the way through to shake off the mobs and pick up the next boss. They didn't explain it to me either, but I guessed they are running it differently, just roll with it. Went without a hitch
    Don't Panic: some barbs actually know how to hold aggro and play their class, and not all archers are super squishy.
    b:bye

yeah, but with only 1 barb and his HP was taking down as fast as a rocket falling from the sky, you better run to save your life
  • Qingzi - Harshlands
    Qingzi - Harshlands Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    iluvprpl wrote: »
    First: all the guards do not disappear if you kill one. Second, he was a lvl80 in a lvl51-59 dungeon, so yes, he could have done all that by himself.

Yeah, the guards actually disappear when you kill one, go there and try
  • Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver
    Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    This made me lol. Hard.
    I've had quite a few crazy BHs/FBs with fail squads, but nothing as hilarious as this.

The fact that he aggroed ALL of the bosses just tickles me beyond belief. o_o I usually listen to the cleric, unless the cleric doesn't know what he's doing, but when the cleric starts running, it's good for everyone else to get out of there, too. The hell was this idiot thinking?

EDIT:

Now that I'm thinking about it...**** the rest of it, but how did he do it? I can see him grabbing Zimo and running back, but if he were focusing on murdering the door guardians and the other mobs, Zimo should've totaled him in minutes. At least a team of Zimo and Quianji would have easily murdered him. I'm confused.
    edited April 2010
    Okay, this is crazy.

The barb was only level 80 btw, I was level 85, and everyone else was in the 70's or 60's. There was no way for anyone to tank any of the bosses but me or the barb. No one had over 2.5k except me and the barb, so I'm sure that's a two shot kill for most of them, if not one. (archer) The barb wasn't going to last long enough for anything, I my self would be dead in 4 - 6 hits from qianji and zimo,(Which takes half the time to do with both of them) and drakes burn effect or the rest of the mag/phys mobs attackiing were not going to make anything any better. If the barb was higher level, I'm sure we could have taken them, so long as he had two of the bosses argo and most of the mobs. But since he didn't attempt to aoe the things chasing him, I didn't know if he really had their attention or not. Not to mention I was doing this to help with ZIMO only, it really wasn't worth it. I'm really confused as to how this is possible with only one barb in the cave. But again, I simply joined the squad last. I have no idea what took place in that cave before I entered. It seemed like a big glitch to me.
  • Rawthorne - Heavens Tear
    Rawthorne - Heavens Tear Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Hmmm I'm wondering how the hell you can have multiple bosses at once in there legitly as well also. The only way I think it can legitly be done is saving a fb 59 and doing a saved run. Would this allow all of the paths to remain open when the bosses respawn? I assume yes but obviously I've never attempted it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Archer- someone have a charm I can borrow?
    Veno- Trade me.

can you trade while dead?
  • Reichle - Sanctuary
    Reichle - Sanctuary Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, the guards actually disappear when you kill one, go there and try

I was in there last night, and the other guards don't automatically disappear when you kill one.
    Reichle lvl7x cleric | Neithin lvl5x barb | Tigressi lvl3x veno | Etheriali lvl3x wiz | Goldeeni lvl2x sin | Lilaq lvl2x BM | Fuegai lvlx archer | Whiteney psychic not created yet >_>

Yes, I love PWI that much. Every class is awesome in their own way.
  • Aya__ - Heavens Tear
    Aya__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Okay, this is crazy.

The barb was only level 80 btw, I was level 85, and everyone else was in the 70's or 60's. There was no way for anyone to tank any of the bosses but me or the barb.
    snip
    not trying to spoil story but i tanked more than half my bhs in 59.... arcane 70+ can easily tank bossess there with good cleric...
    back to op
    i did let squad die on occassion, but never had it so bad to run from instance. and my squads were grateful i had enough common sense to kep myself alive too. you met truly amazing ppl that day lol
    as for opening all doors: did anyone try to gather all guardians? matbe he pulled them, got all hps down to like 10-20% then arma'ed rest? only way to kill all at once i can think of, just i dont know if they can be pulled at all...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    yup, arcanes can tank them... i tanked them with a cleric and a wiz 71-72 when i was 73 i think and had around 2,2k hp... but my buffed elem res was around 7k (in the element of the boss)
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Hell, arcanes can even solo them b:chuckle
    (except for glutt. glutt is evil.)
    EDIT: By glutt I mean the entire BH, glutt himself is a cakewalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Aya__ - Heavens Tear
    Aya__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Hell, arcanes can even solo them b:chuckle
    (except for glutt. glutt is evil.)
    EDIT: By glutt I mean the entire BH, glutt himself is a cakewalk

ty for edit :) i hated these phys shooters in gluts valley b:cry
    as for bossess: i never liked tanking zimo... her high metal res made fight real long then, and i lost aggro easily too. actually i preferred anyone else tanking her and put up bb for them if needed...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]