Farming Lunar Glade

Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver
Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 660 Arc User
edited April 2010 in General Discussion
Since most of the good Lunar gear is available through various types of cash shop packs, (weapons/ornaments) is Lunar Glade worth farming for gear anymore?

I wanted to make the channeling cape available in the forges, but I'm not sure it's worth the trouble.
Post edited by Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    depends, some want to earn thier gear then doing it (just like doing tt) is worth it. Have bad luck with the packs or are just plane broke
    others rather just buy it and avoid the whole farming process cause its more boring that watching paint dry.
    in short do what makes you happy really, thats all that matters
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gasoline - Lost City
    Gasoline - Lost City Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Its not worth it since you need 18 gold mats from Lunar Glade.

Its about 130-150 mil worth of mats which, if you sold the mats, would give you 3-4 event capes lol
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Yep, agree with what gasoline says...not worth the effort - especially with no 2x drop event. Not sure what the cape goes for on your server, but I have friends who had gotten the event cape from 40-50 mil on Sanctuary. If you enjoy lunar, you might as well do a profit run with friends, sell the mats for coins, and see if you can buy the trophy for the cape (much easier and faster alternative but still takes time and a lot of luck with drops).
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Since most of the good Lunar gear is available through various types of cash shop packs, (weapons/ornaments) is Lunar Glade worth farming for gear anymore?

I wanted to make the channeling cape available in the forges, but I'm not sure it's worth the trouble.

Yes, Take it from a fully lunar arcane geared character... Not the cape, but the armors, weapons, ornaments, worth farming.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Yes, Take it from a fully lunar arcane geared character... Not the cape, but the armors, weapons, ornaments, worth farming.
    ^ this is probably a bad example, go back to hypering or oracling your fish please. lunar gear isnt that much better than TT99, and the money spent on finding/buying the junk for 1 farmed cape could yield 3-4 'sale' capes. (packs are SALES not EVENTS, an event is something like 2x drops. Something being sold from the boutique is not.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I would farm my lunar necklace all over again if I had to.

As has been said, cape, rings and weapons are cheaper from packs than they would be to farm.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Shevanel - Sanctuary
    Shevanel - Sanctuary Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Personally, I think theres nothing more fun than doing lunar with a fun squad. Working for gear, rather than just buying it, learning your capabilities and learning your class better, aswell as helping out people with a common goal AND playing the game as it was meant to. Sure, I'd love to have all the lunar gear im working for NOW!, but It's somuch sweeter when I know I've done it myself.

Anyway, good luck, lunar farmers.
    Koiz - omfg my life is now complete
    Shevanel - haha oh?
    ~~~
    Koiz - i took this massive dump
    Koiz - while listening to im on a boat hahahah
    Shevanel - hahahahaha
    Shevanel - haha
    Shevanel - Oh wow

Certain levels of Boredom..
    ThaMessiah: I'd rather endlessly wack it till I shot a load that hits my ceiling than do a 3-2
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Personally, I think theres nothing more fun than doing lunar with a fun squad. Working for gear, rather than just buying it, learning your capabilities and learning your class better, aswell as helping out people with a common goal AND playing the game as it was meant to. Sure, I'd love to have all the lunar gear im working for NOW!, but It's somuch sweeter when I know I've done it myself.

this ^^ b:victory
    sure you can buy it all but where is the fun in that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bloop - Harshlands
    Bloop - Harshlands Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited April 2010

I agree with it being fun and messing around with a bunch of friends, but build chi > wait for BB to go up > set up zhen isn't exactly a learning experience.
    60 / 250.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Its not worth it since you need 18 gold mats from Lunar Glade.

Its about 130-150 mil worth of mats which, if you sold the mats, would give you 3-4 event capes lol

The capes are not worth farming, lunar glade trophies are much cheaper/better.

The armors are the same price or cheaper than TT99 armors, refine better, and give much more stats than TT99s though you do lose out on the set bonus (aside from 99 boots). The nirvana bonuses are different too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Failureeee - Lost City
    Failureeee - Lost City Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    ^ this is probably a bad example, go back to hypering or oracling your fish please. lunar gear isnt that much better than TT99, and the money spent on finding/buying the junk for 1 farmed cape could yield 3-4 'sale' capes. (packs are SALES not EVENTS, an event is something like 2x drops. Something being sold from the boutique is not.)

Not 100% sure, especially about the capes, but aren't the lunar tops and most likely the others cheaper to make than 99 gold?
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited April 2010

The armors are the same price or cheaper than TT99 armors, refine better, and give much more stats than TT99s though you do lose out on the set bonus (aside from 99 boots). The nirvana bonuses are same.
    fixed b:chuckle
    Not 100% sure, especially about the capes, but aren't the lunar tops and most likely the others cheaper to make than 99 gold?
    yes they are - tho they got way worse blue opts than hh... but if your goal is to turn them into nirvana.. then lunar gear ftw :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    A few pieces are only able to be gained by farming Lunar, such as the G13 -int cape. It just depends if you want a higher grade sharding than you can get from the trophy cape.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2010

The armors are the same price or cheaper than TT99 armors, refine better, and give much more stats than TT99s though you do lose out on the set bonus (aside from 99 boots). The nirvana bonuses are different too.

The only reason you might want to farm the G13 Lunar capes is to stack Jade of Steady Defense... or you could get Wings of Cloudcharger for that, unless you want the +2 Def shards on a -chan or -int cape... otherwise, the event capes have more stats but are only G12.

The Lunar chest would be cheaper, not so sure about the rest of the armor though.

I guess it's debatable about which are easier to farm. As a veno, Lunar would probably be easier for you. As a BM 3-3 is pretty much cake walk.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • firewingsoldier
    firewingsoldier Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    can a lvl 58 go all the way thorugh the lunar glade safely?
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Yes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Bearleeable - Lost City
    Bearleeable - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Yes.
    How the hell can a lvl 58 solo lunar? Their lvl 96 mobs!! even with herc I seriously doubt it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Korsov - Heavens Tear
    Korsov - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Yes.

Sarcasm sense, tingling.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Eh, our guild runs it with mainly level 60s.

I doubt you could SOLO it at 60, but sure as heck as a party you can have fun in there at 60.

They may be high level mobs, but they're crappy ones.
  • firewingsoldier
    firewingsoldier Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    how do i even get in there
  • Teny - Heavens Tear
    Teny - Heavens Tear Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    You need to charge 50 zen per entry to lunar glade if you're below level 95.

Lunar gear is fine until you have to meet the TT requirement, specifically the ornaments/weapons and their back image req. which is really, really annoying.

The lunar mats aren't the hard part at all, since it's been made easy and drop rates are fine even without 2x, it's getting the rarer TT gold mats that have relatively high retail value.