Archer Build Questions

Options
CrimsomNoir - Sanctuary
CrimsomNoir - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Archer
Um, how much magic would a archer need to put there mana regeration at 6 per second.
I wish to know this so I can make a archer that can fly for long periods of time with out worrying about falling, even if they are in combat.
Please don't do anything crazy, leave that to the
experts, its the smartest choice you'll every make,
trust me, you do trust me don't you, you do realise
that trusting me is not a wise choice if you wish to
keep your mental health in the sanity department.
Post edited by CrimsomNoir - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    It is highly recommended that you do not put any points into magic. If you wish to fly during combat, there are a few options:

- Obtain a cape or headgear with +MP Recovery.
    - At level 30, your new wings do not consume MP.
    - Use Cash Shop wings.

I used +MP Recovery gear until my 80s, whereupon I obtained my cash shop wings. Capes and headgear with +MP Recovery is not hard to find, and it is best to just use those instead of adding points into Magic.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Don't put points into mag ever keep it at 5 as later on you won't be losing mana in the mean time just put up with it.You might want to run around from place to place.I put points in to mag and it was big mistake always dex.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    To answer your question-the mag stat would have 20 to flly forever, however as stated above, it will seriously kill your characters damage in the future. it is not recomended.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • CrimsomNoir - Sanctuary
    CrimsomNoir - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    it wouldnt kill the charcters damage, It would remove 1 % crit
    Please don't do anything crazy, leave that to the
    experts, its the smartest choice you'll every make,
    trust me, you do trust me don't you, you do realise
    that trusting me is not a wise choice if you wish to
    keep your mental health in the sanity department.
  • EronKillstar - Dreamweaver
    EronKillstar - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

you do realize that for an archer, DEX is what determines damage, right?

I will tell you from personal experience that I put in 20 magic points when i first started my archer so that I could fly forever, not knowing that I would get wings at level 30 that cost no mana to use. I restatted to pure dex after i got my new wings (and even bought the bat wings to boot) and could immediately tell a difference in my damage output.

20 is what you need to fly forever in non combat mode.
    If you want true indefinite flight on those white wings you can make faster with flight mastery, its gonna take a full 80 magic points to nullify the 75% decrease in mana regen you receive from being in combat mode. IE... you'd need a full 8 MP/sec recovery rate to not fall while fighting with white wings. Only way to get that with pure stats is going 80 mag points.

But what I'm gonna tell you now is "DONT DO IT".
  • Smobo - Heavens Tear
    Smobo - Heavens Tear Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    it wouldnt kill the charcters damage, It would remove 1 % crit

20 dex is also +50% weapon damage on ranged attacks (if I'm wrong correct me). This means a lot, especially near the begining of the game when your dex is low.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "People who quote themselves in their signatures are silly. I mean, they can just make up whatever **** they want, and since they said it in their siggie, its a quote." - Smobo
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    20 dex is also +50% weapon damage on ranged attacks (if I'm wrong correct me). This means a lot, especially near the begining of the game when your dex is low.

13.3%

*shuffles back to cleric forums*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Thenub - Harshlands
    Thenub - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

you do realize that for an archer, DEX is what determines damage, right?

I will tell you from personal experience that I put in 20 magic points when i first started my archer so that I could fly forever, not knowing that I would get wings at level 30 that cost no mana to use. I restatted to pure dex after i got my new wings (and even bought the bat wings to boot) and could immediately tell a difference in my damage output.

20 is what you need to fly forever in non combat mode.
    If you want true indefinite flight on those white wings you can make faster with flight mastery, its gonna take a full 80 magic points to nullify the 75% decrease in mana regen you receive from being in combat mode. IE... you'd need a full 8 MP/sec recovery rate to not fall while fighting with white wings. Only way to get that with pure stats is going 80 mag points.

But what I'm gonna tell you now is "DONT DO IT".
    u get wings at lvl 30 that dont use mp u seriouse awesome!!! (as u can see im lvl 19) are they the ones u can buy from the shop where it charges gold and stuff and thanks for the tip for infinate flight out of combat hmmm now i just need 20 magick
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    u get wings at lvl 30 that dont use mp u seriouse awesome!!! (as u can see im lvl 19) are they the ones u can buy from the shop where it charges gold and stuff and thanks for the tip for infinate flight out of combat hmmm now i just need 20 magick

No, the wings that you get are not from the Boutique.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    13.3%

*shuffles back to cleric forums*
    (1 + 400 / 150 +.6) / (1 + 380 / 150 +.6) = 3%, comparing pure dex to mag guy at 100 with no gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • EronKillstar - Dreamweaver
    EronKillstar - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    sorry Waffle, not familiar with that formula. From the way you've typed it - it looks to be the same as:

400 / 150 + 1.6

which is a pretty low damage output (single digits). of course this doesn't account for weapon. Not totally 100% positive here, but doesn't your attack value increase percentage wise depending on the attack value of the weapon, by factoring in your dex? Or is that what that formula shows.b:surrender
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    its (level + equipment) * (1 + dex / 150 + mastery)
    equipment entails gems, weapon min/max, rings etc. i had assumed, since they did it this way by interchanging the masteries and dividing by each other to show the difference between demon and sage materies, that you could change the variables and end up with a similar result.

they usually proof like such for demon / sage
    (1+ 400 / 150 + .9) / (1+400/150+.75) which also turns out to be ~3% difference.

if someone wants to correct me be my guest, but 20 dex is neither the huge %s by which the others posted from what i could see.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Smobo - Heavens Tear
    Smobo - Heavens Tear Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    if someone wants to correct me be my guest, but 20 dex is neither the huge %s by which the others posted from what i could see.

For whatever reason, I though 1 dex = +2.5% weapon damage, instead of +.66% weapon damage. So he was right when he said 20 dex = +13.33% weapon damage. +13.33% weapon damage means a lot more a lower levels than higher levels. Even still I don't think its worth sacrificing this damage for the ability to fly forever below level 30, especially since being able to fly, even breifly, puts you ahead of 5 of the 6 other classes. (Damned clerics... think they're fancy flying forever >>) 20 points won't kill you, but I think there are better places to put the points.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "People who quote themselves in their signatures are silly. I mean, they can just make up whatever **** they want, and since they said it in their siggie, its a quote." - Smobo