FAQs about Zen/Gold

Falcondance - Heavens Tear
Falcondance - Heavens Tear Posts: 699 Arc User
edited July 2015 in Cash Shop Huddle
Hello and welcome to

General FAQs about Zen and Gold!

Written by Falcondance

Because some people will always be coming to this board and asking the same question, I decided to push all the information into this thread so we could lower the amounts of "What is Zen?" posts in here. I mean, some people say that newbies never read the important stuff, but what can you do? ALL FAQs submitted will be considered and most likely added to the list! Let's build this up and help stop the confusion. I'm aware that there is a small zen purchase guide already on the main website, but if people actually used it they wouldn't ask the same questions here. b:irritated

Table of Contents (Use CTRL-F and search for the number of the question you're looking for the answer to)

What is Zen? (1.1)
How do I turn my Zen into Gold? (1.2)
Where do I get Zen? (1.3)
How much Gold do I get for my Zen? (1.4)
I got a prepaid card, now what? (1.5)
I scratched the code off of the back of my prepaid card! Help! (1.6)
I'm trying to pay with Ultimate Game Cards and I'm having to pay more to get my 20 gold? (1.7)
Can I chargeback my Paypal purchase? (1.8)
Are there prepaid cards existing outside of the US? (1.9)
How do I charge my Ultimate Game Card? (2.0)
How do PWE Prepaid Cards work? (2.1)

What is Zen? (1.1)

Zen is the pure form of the currency used within PWE's games. Zen is like cash that has not been turned into Gold yet, and it does not have a value until you convert it. For example, you can buy a prepaid card worth $10 and have 1000 Zen on your account, but you can't do anything with it until you turn it into 10 Gold, so...

How do I turn my Zen into Gold? (1.2)

After charging your Zen you will see this window where you may select where you want it to go. Pick an amount of Zen from the dropdown list, then select a server. You will see your characters. Click Transfer, and it will turn the amount of Zen you chose into Gold and put it on that server. You can now log into your account and spend it.

Where do I get Zen? (1.3)

Go to this page to see all the different payment options. Select the one you'd like to use, and off you go! (This does not apply to prepaid cards; you must go to this page in order to redeem a prepaid card.)

How much Gold do I get for my Zen? (1.4)

$1 = 100 Zen = 1 gold. 1 Zen basically equals one cent, and that means that if you buy 1000 Zen worth of Gold, you will get 10 Gold once it's transferred.

I got a prepaid card, now what? (1.5)

Now you need to scratch gently at the material covering the 10-digit code on the back of the card. Use a coin or a fingernail, but be very careful not to scratch off the code itself! After you have your code, go to this page in order to redeem it, then this window where you can turn it into Gold. It's rather simple.

I scratched the code off of the back of my prepaid card! Help! (1.6)

Shnuggles has informed me that you can get the PIN# for this card if you scratch off the code under the silvering. You will need to contact InComm directly and they should be able to help you. If they cannot assist for any reason, then sadly, PWE can do nothing. The only thing for it is to attempt to guess the code or just throw the card out - you can't use it now. b:sad Be more careful in the future.

I'm trying to pay with Ultimate Game Cards and I'm having to pay more/less to get my 20 gold? (1.7)

This means you don't live in the United States, and your currency is worth more or less than the US dollar at the moment. For example, I live in Canada, so I only get $18.93 out of a $20 Ultimate Game Card. For this reason I need to buy two cards just to make my $20 purchase go through. b:surrender

Can I chargeback my Paypal purchase? (1.8)

No.

Shnuggles says: This is not a possibility, you WILL be banned automatically and unless the issue gets resolved and the account goes back to being balanced, the ban is permanent and your related accounts will also have to go bye bye until the debt is repaid. (THIS IS IN NO WAY NEGOTIABLE. You charge back with no intent to repay, your accounts and all associated will not be welcome in our community.) People who account share should take this heed very carefully.

Are there prepaid cards existing outside of the US? (1.9)

Well here's the thing, most distributors are hesitant to give such a small company wide coverage in terms of prepaid card distribution. Hopefully in the future if our partnership is successful we can branch out to other regions, but as far as something "soon" I couldn't tell you for sure.

So no. However, there are Ultimate Game Cards all over the place, and those work. Shnuggles has provided a few handy links with descriptions for your convenience:

PWE prepaid cards are available in the United States and Canada. The links below will help you figure out if other prepaid options will work for you, as well.

Ukash- This is a voucher system that is used for payments all over the internet. This system is mainly used by our friends in the United Kingdom and they are extending to other European countries.

http://www.ukash.com/global/en/home.aspx

Paysafecard- Also a Voucher system that extends to even more countries than Ukash. This system will reach most countries in mainland Europe.

http://www.paysafecard.com

Ultimate Game Cards- This is a prepaid card that can be obtained within the United States and is branching to other countries. Our friends in Canada will have this as one of their prepaid options. These cards are redeemed through the PayByCash option outlined in section (2.0) of this FAQ.

http://www.ultimategamecard.com/

How do I charge my Ultimate Game Card? (2.0)

Go to this window and select Paybycash. That's what Ultimate Game Cards are.

How do PWE Prepaid Cards work? (2.1)

One bonus about these cards is that they are immediately redeemable; there isn't a gimmick like with the Ultimate Game Card where you might need two or more to complete your purchase. Here in Canada, the two I just bought cost around $11.50 CAN each, and I got my 20 gold without a problem. I -highly- recommend them.

So people, this was what I could come up with off the top of my head, and if anyone has anything else to add, questions, answers or comments, feel free to post. b:victory
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I always thought I'd be the only one doing crazy things for people who would never care enough to do it back or to act like idiots or be entirely vulnerable, and making someone fall in love with you is easy, and flying 3000 miles on four days notice because you can't just sit there and do nothing and breathe into telephones is not everyone's idea of love, but it is the way I can recognize it because that is what I do."
Sig pic by Nowitsawn
Post edited by krisnda on

Comments

• Falcondance - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Updated as of 4/11/09.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I always thought I'd be the only one doing crazy things for people who would never care enough to do it back or to act like idiots or be entirely vulnerable, and making someone fall in love with you is easy, and flying 3000 miles on four days notice because you can't just sit there and do nothing and breathe into telephones is not everyone's idea of love, but it is the way I can recognize it because that is what I do."
    Sig pic by Nowitsawn
  • shnuggles
    shnuggles Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Really good FAQ!!!! But I have some amendments for you ;).

1.6- You can get the PIN# for this card if you scratch off the code under the silvering. You will need to contact InComm directly and they should be able to help you. If they cannot assist for any reason, then your answer will stand as being correct.

1.8- This is not a possibility, you WILL be banned automatically and unless the issue gets resolved and the account goes back to being balanced, the ban is permanent and your related accounts will also have to go bye bye until the debt is repaid. (THIS IS IN NO WAY NEGOTIABLE. You charge back with no intent to repay, your accounts and all associated will not be welcome in our community. People who account share should take this heed very carefully.)

1.9- Spoons' statement is correct and applies to the Perfect World Entertainment prepaid cards. PWE prepaid cards are ONLY available in the United States. However, if you do not live in the US and would like a prepaid option, depending on where you live, the below links will help you find out if our other prepaids options will work for you.

Ukash- This is a voucher system that is used for payments all over the internet. This system is mainly used by our friends in the United Kingdom and they are extending to other European countries.

http://www.ukash.com/global/en/home.aspx

Paysafecard- Also a Voucher system that extends to even more countries than Ukash. This system will reach most countries in mainland Europe.

http://www.paysafecard.com

Ultimate Game Cards- This is a prepaid card that can be obtained within the United States and is branching to other countries. Our friends in Canada will have this as their only prepaid option. These cards are redeemed through the PayByCash option outlined in section (2.0) of this FAQ.

http://www.ultimategamecard.com/

Other than that, great FAQ!!!! b:victory
    -Your friendly neighborhood Shnuggs-
    [PWE Billing]
    Perfect World Entertainment Customer Support System

"Any man worth his salt will stick up for what he believes right, but it takes a slightly better man to acknowledge instantly and without reservation that he is in error."
    -Andrew Jackson

Shnuggles [Shh-nugg-ulls]
    -proper noun
    1. He who turns negativity into giddiness.
    2. Has an IRL cat that plays fetch b:victory
    edited November 2009
    Sweet. I'll edit right now.

EDIT: Worked it all into the FAQ, giving credit where credit was due.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig pic by Nowitsawn
    edited November 2009
    Cha-bump!~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig pic by Nowitsawn
  • xxzerkerxx
    xxzerkerxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    b:irritated The Ultimate game card not showing up at all got me on the billing list...

Infact I think half of the page isn't even loading for me!?!? What the hell lol
  • shnuggles
    shnuggles Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    xxzerkerxx wrote: »
    b:irritated The Ultimate game card not showing up at all got me on the billing list...

Please email us for these issues instead. We handle these things from the ticketing system so that we can be specific with your account and details on how to resolve the issue.

EDIT: I also stickied this thread.
    -Your friendly neighborhood Shnuggs-
    [PWE Billing]
    Perfect World Entertainment Customer Support System

"Any man worth his salt will stick up for what he believes right, but it takes a slightly better man to acknowledge instantly and without reservation that he is in error."
    -Andrew Jackson

Shnuggles [Shh-nugg-ulls]
    -proper noun
    1. He who turns negativity into giddiness.
    2. Has an IRL cat that plays fetch b:victory
  • vivixz
    vivixz Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    hi , i have a question..

Is any problem if i buy zens via paypal , because i am not from USA or CANADA?

I live in south america and i used to buy cash in other game with paypal...

Thanks
  • Jackdanlies - Sanctuary
    Jackdanlies - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    cool it work
  • ryanmc12
    ryanmc12 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Hey i am turning 14, live in Australia and i have recently got a Maestro card. i want to know how i can buy zen when all the payment solutions need a credit card. I really want to buy stuff on PWI
  • Anhedonic - Raging Tide
    Anhedonic - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Nope, you cannot make a paypal account with maestro (or any other account for that matter.)

Payment with Maestro is far more complicated and slow compared to regular paypal method.

I suggest you to bring one of your parents with you in the bank so they can grant you a new card.

The new card should be either MasterCard, Visa, Visa-electron, Dinners, american express ( I may have forgotten some, feel free to correct me.)

This is one of the main drawbacks with Maestro card.

Hope that helps you.
  • ApocalypZeph - Harshlands
    ApocalypZeph - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    hi, i have some questions:
    Im from Mexico (nuevo leon) and im a high school student, i got a student debit card (visa). Can i buy Zen with my debit card if its currency is MXN and not USD? even if there is a fee i would like to buy zen with my debit card. its easy and fast.

second question: how does Wallie payment method works? i select a transaction I.E. 60 USD for 50 zen, then it gives me a ticket, after that i pay in my bank... but how do i purchase my zen once i payed in my bank? does it give me a code or a card or something?

third question: in my country 1.20 Zen by phone is like 46MXN (about 4USD) that means the fee is more expensive than the purchase!? cant we buy a higher amount of Zen with a single transaction? cuz if i want to buy 5 gold by phone i would pay 184MXN!!!(14.15USD)
    imagine if i try to buy my iridescence wings and a binding charm by phone... (50.5 gold)
    here comes math:
    ---> 1.2 zen = 46MXN = 3.53 USD; 50.5 Zen = 1935.833 MXN = 148.91 USD. Oh...my...god... b:shocked

plz any help would be nice b:laugh
  • thenub
    thenub Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    can you use itunes cards to purchase zen im just wondering cause if u can then ill be able to get some b:laughb:pleased
  • thenub
    thenub Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    xxzerkerxx wrote: »

what is an ultimate game card?
  • Daesitia - Sanctuary
    Daesitia - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    How much ZEN will be automatically purchased if I want to buy by phone? I want to have like 20 golds,how much ZEN will I have if I pay once by phone?
  • stajmw
    stajmw Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    thenub wrote: »
    can you use itunes cards to purchase zen im just wondering cause if u can then ill be able to get some b:laughb:pleased

I would really like to know the answer to this... lol I am getting 60 dollars in Itunes cards for free today for being a tutor, and I would REALLY enjoy it if we could, although I highly doubt it's possible it'd be very nice XD
  • sperojinn
    sperojinn Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Well that helps me with the gold thanks a lot on that, But i have another question? What is the silver for and how do you get it? Thanks.
  • fabimon
    fabimon Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I have one question:

I live in Germany and here we can buy "wallie" Cards which are also listed at this site:

https://billing.perfectworld.com/charge

But does it work? Can I charge Zen via a Wallie Card, which was bought in Germany?
  • Esurient - Heavens Tear
    Esurient - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    My friend,

I travel the world over for college- btw I just graduated again Honor's b:pleased. I figure if one does not have the option to purchase pre-paid uGameCards, is it viable for I to deliver from here, a uGameCard which can be usable in any country? If this too is not an option, then I would be remiss to extend my availability to others' in whichever country does not have that ability to purchase. I am unclear how long this post has been up, or how often you might check it but please feel free to mail me here with your reply; I am sure if I validate a viable code, even from another country, that it shall still be uncontrovertable to have an active payment procedure. Please let me know if this is actually untrue, regardless that it has indeed worked once from here for me, in France with a $50.00 pre-paid from 7-11, Santa Cruz, CA USA.

Merci,

Jack
    "All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those that wander are lost; b:cute
    The old that is strong does not wither,
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost. b:thanks
    From ashes a fire shall be woken,
    A light from shadows shall spring; b:pleased
    Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
    The crownless again shall be king." b:victory J.R.R.T.1965
  • Daesitia - Sanctuary
    Daesitia - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I want to purchase ZEN by phone,but it says this:

* Our Apologies.
    There are currently no Paymo payment options available for your region

What's this and will it be possible for me to purchase? :(
  • siennadawn
    siennadawn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I have been playing this game for a while a character on both servers and I have never once gotten a coupon for zen. I buy 50 a month give or take most of the time more because I believe in supporting games I like. Where is my love and support *cries*
  • siennadawn
    siennadawn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    siennadawn wrote: »
    I have been playing this game for a while a character on both servers and I have never once gotten a coupon for zen. I buy 50 a month give or take most of the time more because I believe in supporting games I like. Where is my love and support *cries*

Got my answer. They dont support people who actually spend money, only try to entice ones who have NEVER spent with a coupon to get them to be a first time buyer. The consistent supporter gets to look forward to a possible reward, maybe sent when the account reaches a certain age (still unsure what that age is) and the few and far between bonus % seen on site. I think I will be a little more thrifty for the time being.
  • _IronBlade_ - Harshlands
    _IronBlade_ - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    WOOTS! I knew I could find a forum this helpful , thanks so much for the great information..b:thanks
  • wickedgemini
    wickedgemini Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Thanks for explaining the whole concept of gold. But I still have some questions to ask; What is silver? Is there any way to get gold without spending money? (I am broke)b:cry
    edited July 2010

Nope, you can't. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig pic by Nowitsawn
    edited July 2010
    what is an ultimate game card?

It is a prepaid card that comes with a $20 value and works for many different games instead of one specific one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig pic by Nowitsawn
    edited July 2010
    How much ZEN will be automatically purchased if I want to buy by phone? I want to have like 20 golds,how much ZEN will I have if I pay once by phone?

I believe you can choose how much you want - here, my options were something like 3, 6 and 9 gold. The charges were astronomical though, so I'm sticking to Ultimate GameCards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig pic by Nowitsawn
    edited July 2010
    sperojinn wrote: »
    Well that helps me with the gold thanks a lot on that, But i have another question? What is the silver for and how do you get it? Thanks.

1 gold = 100 silver. If you have 1 gold, and buy something for 10 silver, 100-10=90 so you have 90 silver remaining.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig pic by Nowitsawn
    edited July 2010
    My friend,

I travel the world over for college- btw I just graduated again Honor's b:pleased. I figure if one does not have the option to purchase pre-paid uGameCards, is it viable for I to deliver from here, a uGameCard which can be usable in any country? If this too is not an option, then I would be remiss to extend my availability to others' in whichever country does not have that ability to purchase. I am unclear how long this post has been up, or how often you might check it but please feel free to mail me here with your reply; I am sure if I validate a viable code, even from another country, that it shall still be uncontrovertable to have an active payment procedure. Please let me know if this is actually untrue, regardless that it has indeed worked once from here for me, in France with a $50.00 pre-paid from 7-11, Santa Cruz, CA USA.

Merci,

Jack

Salut, mon ami. Congratulations on your honors' grad. And I am unsure as to the specifics, but it appears that this would work. Sounds pretty viable to me. Good on you for figuring it out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig pic by Nowitsawn
    edited July 2010
    I want to purchase ZEN by phone,but it says this:

* Our Apologies.
    There are currently no Paymo payment options available for your region

What's this and will it be possible for me to purchase? :(

I'm sure that PWE will update as soon as it's available, but if they're remaining silent then there's nothing I can tell you. Just be patient b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig pic by Nowitsawn
    edited July 2010
    Thanks for explaining the whole concept of gold. But I still have some questions to ask; What is silver? Is there any way to get gold without spending money? (I am broke)b:cry

I explained silver in an earlier post. For information on spending ingame money to get gold go here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=236351

Also, thank you muchly to people who were replying to questions while I was gone, I had to take my leave for a bit. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig pic by Nowitsawn