a male or a female?

Options
mattfuen
mattfuen Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2010 in General Discussion
normally when i play MMORPG if i plan to be a caster or some 'squishy' toon, i then go with the females. since they look pretty, and are cute. i like rugged strong-manly looks for a warrior or whatever. however, since in PWI you can get married - i suppose picking a sex matters.b:chuckle . i doubt a female [man], could marry a female [girl]? it would be a lez relationship - as characters on pwi. also , i'm guessing you can finish pwi without spending a dollar [real money] in this game..b:dirty ??? do some people simply do not get married? or would i marry a man character...as a gurl charcter..which would be a **** relationship.. unless there are ladies who play men? b:laugh gurrrrr!! this is so frrusterating. also, i heard the PVP servers are a joke, like, there really isn't that much PVP? do PVP severs PVE for instnaces as much as pvp severs? i would hate to find out after i play this game for so many hours that...without paying real money, my PVP character would be out-killed by some person who spends 50$ on their 'powerful' character. thanks, if you can answer any of theses questions b:surrender
Post edited by mattfuen on

Comments

• Pegasi - Lost City
    Pegasi - Lost City Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Yeah, people who spend money on the game will typically tromp you so far into the ground you pop out the other side clean due to how fast you moved through the Earth's core.

You don't have to get married but there is a quest to benefit HOWEVER I hear it's bugged somehow. I think it has to do with getting Disconnected and not being able to continue it. You can only marry male/female game characters. There are people who play the opposite gender in game, more males who play females though thanks to venomancers.

Edit: Oh and you can't PK in so many places on PvP servers now it's almost not worth trying to kill anyone because if they cry enough they can get you banned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When Saukey decides she can swim, I know I didn't get the DC pop-up again. Wish she swam when it matters.
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    You don't have to get married but there is a quest to benefit HOWEVER I hear it's bugged somehow.

That bug is due to the game refusing to allow a change in the party once you pick up the marriage quest. However it does not recognize a d/c as a party change. As such, when the person who d/c'ed returns, the quest is still valid. But as soon as you rejoin the party, the game determines that to be a party change & fails the quest. HOWEVER, you can complete the quest, if you simply do not re-party after the d/c'ed person returns. Just continue the quest as 2 seperate people. (note: in quests with bosses to kill i'm not sure how that plays out, it might be needed to fight the bosses twice, once for each seperate person to do the highest chunk of dmg to recieve credit, or maybe since the quests are linked that isnt necessary).
  • mattfuen
    edited April 2010
    Options
    awe lol i better play a male! b:thanks thanks for the wedding answer. i also read that it cost gold, but you can exchange in game coin for gold...? um, so it seems like the pvp is a bit chaotic. i think TW is pvp based but that is possible for people on pve and pvp severs to participate in. from what i know.
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    mattfuen wrote: »
    i would hate to find out after i play this game for so many hours that...without paying real money, my PVP character would be out-killed by some person who spends 50$ on their 'powerful' character.
    thats EXACTLY how it is my dear b:surrender
    and i too have a hard time deciding what gender to make my alts b:chuckle
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • King_Asmodei - Lost City
    King_Asmodei - Lost City Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    heh but i have owned a few cash shoppers before and i don't cash shop....those are mostly oracle noobs with no idea what they are doing, and about pvp on LostCity heh QQ never stops me from killing them. tho it is annoying the amount of "non sz non pk" places im sure they can change sz to include these places if not for them being lazy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *sigh* I started as one of the few fists bms. I was ridiculed left and right now ur laughed at if you're not a fist bm. b:surrender
  • Dysha - Heavens Tear
    Dysha - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I find it funny that ppl seem to make a big issue about being married to a Female toon that is actually played by a guy it's a GAME.... i mean it's not like ur gonna meet the person in real life n it not like ur **** either i mean u haven't slept with that person. So as it all boil down jus remember u get married for fun not to take it seriously lol. b:cute
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I find it funny that ppl seem to make a big issue about being married to a Female toon that is actually played by a guy it's a GAME.... i mean it's not like ur gonna meet the person in real life n it not like ur **** either i mean u haven't slept with that person. So as it all boil down jus remember u get married for fun not to take it seriously lol. b:cute

Some people expect to find love... and some others are hellbent on that idea.

I considered marrying...

- My own alt, a veno (lol)
    - IRL male friend playing veno (he's **** too, just not my man)
    - Female guildie
    - Couple male guildies with female characters.

Strangely enough, when my own husband played the game, the thought of marrying each other didn't even cross our minds... lol. Though I knew trying to get him into MMOs was a lost cause. He does laugh when I tell him someone suggests me to marry them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • PaleHealer - Sanctuary
    PaleHealer - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Yeah, this is one of those strange topics. You'll get a lot of ppl saying your weird if you're a male playing a female toon or vise versa. I'm a male but my cleric is a female and of course my veno is female. But my BM & Psyc are males so I'm playing at 50/50 b:chuckle

As for getting my toons married, I really don't care, but if its a real issue for you personally, you should play the gender you are in RL. Just my $0.02
  • NEMAE - Heavens Tear
    NEMAE - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Strangely enough, when my own husband played the game, the thought of marrying each other didn't even cross our minds... lol. Though I knew trying to get him into MMOs was a lost cause. He does laugh when I tell him someone suggests me to marry them.[/QUOTE]

is your husband Zerstorer? ive known that guy for ages
    When axes aren't enough, use Kung Fu

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NEMAE - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Strangely enough, when my own husband played the game, the thought of marrying each other didn't even cross our minds... lol. Though I knew trying to get him into MMOs was a lost cause. He does laugh when I tell him someone suggests me to marry them.

is your husband Zerstorer? ive known that guy for ages[/QUOTE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NEMAE - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Options
    fok how do i delete posts

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mattfuen
    edited April 2010
    Options
    oh okay thanks guys you have really opened my eyes up into the pwi theme and stuff. thanks b:bye