Question for GM about game after 100+

TripleBen - Heavens Tear
TripleBen - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
edited May 2010 in General Discussion
I want to know if we are gonna see fb109 and the rest of the game(100-150). I'm 101 and just want to know if i still need to continue playing or the game is done for me. Thank you.
Post edited by TripleBen - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• ZoanoAce - Lost City
    ZoanoAce - Lost City Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I want to know if we are gonna see fb109 and the rest of the game(100-150). I'm 101 and just want to know if i still need to continue playing or the game is done for me. Thank you.
    The game is really "done" when you get 4 more lvls, other than that, yes it's pretty much over once you've done every living thing there is to do in game ^^

/thread
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

End of lvling, starting of the unimaginableb:laughb:victoryb:coolb:cool
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I want to know if we are gonna see fb109 and the rest of the game(100-150). I'm 101 and i want if i still need to continue playing or the game is done for me. Thank you.

No they've stated many times the final and always cap is 105. There is no "rest of the game". The 100-150 stuff is from when the game was pay to play. They've since midified the game. What USED to be FB109 sage was converted into Warsong dungeon. What USED to be FB109 demon was recycled into Nirvana. The cultivation fairy that USED to be given at 109 (from FB+culti) is now given after all that chrono quest series & then culti100 at level 100. They added all manner of grade 13-15 gear to the game, equivalent of the lvl 110+ gear (and actually better then) by means of Nirvana, Warsoul, Chrono quests (people are more familiar with those as anni pack rewards), etc etc. This game has been wholehearted redesigned and refitted for 100+ to be end game, and the stuff up to 150 would serve no purpose anymore.
  • Ishmah - Sanctuary
    Ishmah - Sanctuary Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited April 2010

Considering the amount of xp needed to get from 104 to 105 is the equivalent of doing 1 to 104....you aren't even close to being half way yet b:laugh
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Whats stopping them from making a completely new FB109 again? Or new fairies? If they can do an expansion, whats so hard about doing a few new dungeons?

And what about the 105+ gear that is currently ingame which some mobs drop?

Imo 105 is a bit low; this game will be played for at least 2-3 years more - nothing stopping PWI from releasing more content to increase the level cap, especially with hypers/oracles around.

Also, according to pwd there is "tier 2" warsoul, which is about level 130 - more powerful than any current weapon (albeit with unclear stats).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TripleBen - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Now we can be lvl 100 in 6 month with exp stones. So why do nirvana if there are no more game after 105? to do daily and bh? Peoples will start quitting if you stuck them at 101 and 102...
    edited April 2010
    axt57 wrote: »
    Whats stopping them from making a completely new FB109 again? Or new fairies?

And what about the 105+ gear that is currently ingame which some mobs drop?

Imo 105 is a bit low; this game will be played for at least 2-3 years more - nothing stopping PWI from releasing more content to increase the level cap, especially with hypers/oracles around.

Also, according to pwd there is "tier 2" warsoul, which is about level 130 - more powerful than any current weapon (albeit with unclear stats).

If they had any plans or intentions, they would have made new dungeons for Nirvana & Warsoul. Reusing the old FB109s for these dungeons was a two-fold blatent statement they never would use FB109 again. !st just by the mere fact that they said "hey, we have these 2 unused dungeons, lets stick them in the game. They showed they never had any desire for their to be those dungeons ever again. They also have shown a weak approach to designing new dungeons for the game, even seen so in that they couldnt even give the Tideborn a real FB19, and how simple would that have been to make.

Also, 105 is not "too low". Most games that you play dont keep you levelling till you retire. You level to a difinative cap & then play end game, acquiring tiers of newer and better gear, thats been the case in most any MMORPG played. If most MMORPGs never had a definite level cap, the idea of "end-game" would never have even been coined.
  • SassySis - Lost City
    SassySis - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    @ Darksylph - They also said Transfer Stones would never happen.

@ OP - Basically after level 100, you spend your life in instances farming for mats to use or sell. Selling is in order to get the coins to refine more. It is sad and can be extremely boring, more so when there are many who now relie on a charge card to right-click their gear.
    My specialty is being right when other people are wrong.
  • axt57
    edited April 2010
    If they had any plans or intentions, they would have made new dungeons for Nirvana & Warsoul. Reusing the old FB109s for these dungeons was a two-fold blatent statement they never would use FB109 again. !st just by the mere fact that they said "hey, we have these 2 unused dungeons, lets stick them in the game. They showed they never had any desire for their to be those dungeons ever again. They also have shown a weak approach to designing new dungeons for the game, even seen so in that they couldnt even give the Tideborn a real FB19, and how simple would that have been to make.

I edited my post slightly. It makes no difference that they reused them. Did you somehow miss them adding a whole new race, skills, city and a boat load of new quests?

You think they would shy away from adding a few new dungeons?
    Also, 105 is not "too low". Most games that you play dont keep you levelling till you retire. You level to a difinative cap & then play end game, acquiring tiers of newer and better gear, thats been the case in most any MMORPG played. If most MMORPGs never had a definite level cap, the idea of "end-game" would never have even been coined.

The most succesful MMO ever increased its cap after a time. I really see no reason why PWI will not do the same.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TripleBen - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Yeah since tideborn, all we see it's new fashion and boutique items to buy, no more quest to do. Begin to be bored now.
  • EthikaII - Heavens Tear
    EthikaII - Heavens Tear Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    The game i once played before this continously increased they're cap with every new expansion , which they've had expansions out the butt now but 90>100>105? >its 110 now i think. its not impossible but they would have to rethink the exp needed at every level. It would take someone forever to get to anything higher then 105 here 104-105 already taking you forever. An insane use of exp stones or pure botting would have to take place just to get 105+. which exp stones : you have fun with that price , botting: obvious ban.
    Retired Sage.
    Moving to alts till they fix GBA boss ;(
  • nanb0554
    nanb0554 Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Congrds on beating the game. No moar end content for you, just mindless farming till 105.
    PW activity seems to be interested in making new games (for more $$), not fixing/updating/expanding current games. Look at PW Malaysia. Completely left to die.
    I don;t know what future development plans are for PWI (Biejing), but I can assume same fate. Recycle, re-use, reduce. Make $$ run to another country to market the same stsuff. So now you can make all alts to lvl 100.
  • PlumDumb - Heavens Tear
    PlumDumb - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    there is nothing after 99 accept for a heart ache of exp to gain..and getting to 101 even worse..and even to 102..worse..plus quest give no stinking exp..yeah u can be sorry and buy stones and grind ff all day or rebirth(if u make it)but i already get the rinse and repeat **** everyday with dailies.
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    there is nothing after 99 accept for a heart ache of exp to gain..and getting to 101 even worse..and even to 102..worse..plus quest give no stinking exp..yeah u can be sorry and buy stones and grind ff all day or rebirth(if u make it)but i already get the rinse and repeat **** everyday with dailies.

Um, there's a few pretty darn significant changes from 99 to 100, such as TT100, Nirvana and level 100 skills.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
    edited April 2010
    Um, there's a few pretty darn significant changes from 99 to 100, such as TT100, Nirvana and level 100 skills.

And culti100 with 3rd fairy (tho that could fall under 100 skills), its also the end to the game "plot" & cultivation.
  • Shantilia - Sanctuary
    Shantilia - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    But there is one thing with FB109 that's really annoying me.

At 101 you get a quest chain called "The Circle" where you have to get a drop from a FB109 boss after a few steps and later a drop from a boss from the other FB109, so what?

"Hey, let them have a quest where they have to enter an instance that will never exist and make this quest not finishable."

I really don't understand them, if that's the case...
    Shantilia (Veno) Lvl 101 (Main)-Sanctuary
    Sheynea (Sin) Lvl 100 (2. Main :P)-Sanctuary
  • StormChaos - Heavens Tear
    StormChaos - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    No they've stated many times the final and always cap is 105.

Would that be the same " no " they stated when asked about refine transfer stones or a differant no ?

Coming to a Cash shop near you ..

Unlock levels 106-150 for the bargain price of $50

Purchase
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Good question--

While I can't tell you exactly what is coming down the pipeline, I can tell you with certainty that there are multiple major Content Updates in the works to be released this year.

b:victory
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    axt57 wrote: »
    I edited my post slightly. It makes no difference that they reused them. Did you somehow miss them adding a whole new race, skills, city and a boat load of new quests?

You think they would shy away from adding a few new dungeons?

The most succesful MMO ever increased its cap after a time. I really see no reason why PWI will not do the same.

Endgame is Nirvana Gear and Warsoul Weapons. Nirvana is G15, Warsoul is G16. Realistically there is probably an in-between teir they could fit between the two, however as it stands Nirvana gear at lvl 100 is endgame.

And yes, his point was that they wouldn't have thrown those instances away and redesigned them for another use if they would ever plan on using them for their original purpose.

PWI is a large corporation. The roadmap of changes for the next 6 months to a year have already been laid out... If they plan to introduce anything past 105, they would need to create more content than the Tideborn expansion for a small minority of the players who are actually past lvl 100. It's not going to happen. The game will die and the servers will close before that ever happens.

And... have you ever looked at the exp chart? It'll take at least another 2 years before anyone even reaches 105.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
    edited April 2010
    But there is one thing with FB109 that's really annoying me.

At 101 you get a quest chain called "The Circle" where you have to get a drop from a FB109 boss after a few steps and later a drop from a boss from the other FB109, so what?

"Hey, let them have a quest where they have to enter an instance that will never exist and make this quest not finishable."

I really don't understand them, if that's the case...

Its a remnant. Same as the occasional gear & potion drops that are over 105 that you can get. They never filtered out quests that dont make sense anymore. Likewise Demon Harpy Wraith quest, the kill was supposed to be done by a squad at a high enough lvl, cant do it now unless you're in the lucky super DD squad of a 20+ man kill. Alot of things are remnant of the old game, including the housing NPC.
  • SassySis - Lost City
    SassySis - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Good question--

While I can't tell you exactly what is coming down the pipeline, I can tell you with certainty that there are multiple major Content Updates in the works to be released this year.

b:victory

I think most would hope so and some know so. After-all, with Hyper Stones, all of the servers will have an even larger number of 100+ milling around aimlessly.
    My specialty is being right when other people are wrong.
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    ZoanoAce - Lost City Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I think most would hope so and some know so. After-all, with Hyper Stones, all of the servers will have an even larger number of 100+ milling around aimlessly.
    -Sigh- Indeed -_-
    The game has lost the meaning of "achievement" with all these purchasable lvling short-cuts in place :(
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

End of lvling, starting of the unimaginableb:laughb:victoryb:coolb:cool
    edited April 2010

That's the only thing that might push them to do something... after the majority of the population who stay to 100 finish gearing up and refining, and when they notice a notable decrease in orb/gear/pack sales, there might be some changes...

But it would **** a lot of people off, because quite a few hit 100 and stop leveling. If the level cap IS raised, they'll also have to readjust the exp curve, which would automatically make people like myself, approaching 102, to suddenly gain 5-10 levels over those who saw no point to get past 100.

I honestly don't care if they raise the cap or not, I just don't see them doing it. It really doesn't make much sense.
  • ValenaHaiko - Heavens Tear
    ValenaHaiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Whatever that comes, here is the fact:

1. There are so many other games out there, that competes. If it takes 2 more year of doing mindless dailies just to get to 105, I don't think majority of the users would do so. Choices:
    MINDLESS DAILIES or TRY NEW GAME... I guess the latter wins.

This is an entertainment, a game, with alternatives to choose.

2. If it requires us to spend 500, 1000, or even more just to get to level 105.... I'd rather spend that money for vacation in Hawaii...

3. Warsoul? It's a joke. I don't understand why they even bother to feature it on the main site of PWI. It takes you 63 years to farm if you do 10 times TT a day, with current drop rate. Or... if you use real money to buy... around 20k - 40k USD, depending on the token and gold price.

IF PWI wants to keep their player base of 100+ going... major changes needs to be in place. Those requirements need to be changed.

Dailies are so boring, you do the same thing over and over again... If there is any daily, it should be made that the experience is different, give them surprises, or make people look into it. The feeling that every single person have playing PWI for dailes is this: boring. No one looks into doing another daily everyday.
  • axt57
    edited April 2010
    Endgame is Nirvana Gear and Warsoul Weapons. Nirvana is G15, Warsoul is G16. Realistically there is probably an in-between teir they could fit between the two, however as it stands Nirvana gear at lvl 100 is endgame.

And yes, his point was that they wouldn't have thrown those instances away and redesigned them for another use if they would ever plan on using them for their original purpose.

PWI is a large corporation. The roadmap of changes for the next 6 months to a year have already been laid out... If they plan to introduce anything past 105, they would need to create more content than the Tideborn expansion for a small minority of the players who are actually past lvl 100. It's not going to happen. The game will die and the servers will close before that ever happens.

And... have you ever looked at the exp chart? It'll take at least another 2 years before anyone even reaches 105.

As I said earlier, there is actually a "tier 2" warsoul. Or at least according to pwd.

For the exp chart... this is PWI. I really wouldn't be surprised if they revamped the xp chart after lvl100. Yes, it would suck for players who got there the hard way... but then again they easily gave 5 levels to a lvl 98 player and have continued making leveling easier in the past year.

Combined with the hyper/oracle sales (that PWI makes shed loads of cash from) I don't think I would be too surprised if in a year I would see players hyper/oracle/etc noobing to 130+.

As for this game dying... I really don't see it happening within the next 2-3 years. Its got a very solid playerbase, regardless of what many people believe - and if frankie is correct, more new content is coming.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    But it would **** a lot of people off, because quite a few hit 100 and stop leveling. If the level cap IS raised, they'll also have to readjust the exp curve, which would automatically make people like myself, approaching 102, to suddenly gain 5-10 levels over those who saw no point to get past 100.

While i cant say for certain what this game would do, but basing off my experience with other games who have adjusted the experience curve at some point to make levelling easy, there would be no free levels.

This is principally the same thing as people who got high end gear early & paid alot more for it. Then things became cheaper and those early people didnt get (and hopefully didnt even expect) a refund. The price for getting items, or levels, early, is spending more money & time to get there.

The game doesnt care about the total amount of experience you gained since level 1. Obviously it could calculate it, but it doesnt care. If you're 102 & they lessen the experience curve, you'd still be 102, UNLESS your current total XP towards 103 is greater then the new amount required, then you might ding as soon as you log in (or prior games have adjusted you down to 1 XP from the new level).

So who knows what they'd actually do, but considering this game (as do many others, no insult to PW intended here) borrow heavily from other games & the methods used by other games. I wouldnt expect anyone jumping up in levels from an XP curve readjustment.
  • Hitokeri - Heavens Tear
    Hitokeri - Heavens Tear Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    What I like to know is why hyper exp cannot be used in FF on PWI-CN, but allowed here. Such a huge difference in choice between here and there.
  • PTReese - Raging Tide
    PTReese - Raging Tide Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Sorry if i have overlooked, but is there a page that lists future plans or ideas for PWI?
    edited April 2010
    While i cant say for certain what this game would do, but basing off my experience with other games who have adjusted the experience curve at some point to make levelling easy, there would be no free levels.

This is principally the same thing as people who got high end gear early & paid alot more for it. Then things became cheaper and those early people didnt get (and hopefully didnt even expect) a refund. The price for getting items, or levels, early, is spending more money & time to get there.

The game doesnt care about the total amount of experience you gained since level 1. Obviously it could calculate it, but it doesnt care. If you're 102 & they lessen the experience curve, you'd still be 102, UNLESS your current total XP towards 103 is greater then the new amount required, then you might ding as soon as you log in (or prior games have adjusted you down to 1 XP from the new level).

So who knows what they'd actually do, but considering this game (as do many others, no insult to PW intended here) borrow heavily from other games & the methods used by other games. I wouldnt expect anyone jumping up in levels from an XP curve readjustment.

Where would these 'free levels' come from?

If they adjust the exp curve, I fully expect to retain my total exp earned for all the extra work I've done. If that boosts me up 5 or 15 levels, then so be it. If all of a sudden I lost 300m+ exp of work, I would quit and I'm sure quite a few others would as well.

From what I've been told from several other people that have experienced this in other games that when they do adjust the curve they are indeed adjusted accordingly... I really wouldn't know, this is my first mmo and will likely be my last. They're just too time consuming and expensive for me to move to another one, and I'd sooner quit than have months of hard work not just removed, but deleted.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Short version is, the GM's know NOTHING unless the Devs tell it to them. So asking this sort of question is a waste.

The Devs and the management of PW-CN decide what will or will not be in this game. PWI/PWE just implements what is sent to them.

PWE management has proven themselves not to care about this game in the slightest, so don't get your hopes up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
    edited April 2010
    Where would these 'free levels' come from?

If they adjust the exp curve, I fully expect to retain my total exp earned for all the extra work I've done. If that boosts me up 5 or 15 levels, then so be it. If all of a sudden I lost 300m+ exp of work, I would quit and I'm sure quite a few others would as well.

From what I've been told from several other people that have experienced this in other games that when they do adjust the curve they are indeed adjusted accordingly... I really wouldn't know, this is my first mmo and will likely be my last. They're just too time consuming and expensive for me to move to another one, and I'd sooner quit than have months of hard work not just removed, but deleted.

I've seen it in many MMOs, when they do adjust your XP downward. Do people threaten to ragequit? Yes. Do most of them actually quit? No. Its the same as people who worked their **** off for Lunar weapons prior to Anni packs. Why werent they compensated for all their extra work? Same principle, you got the high levels 1st, but at the expense of having to take more time to get there. The game itself doesnt care about your overall XP earned from level 1, only about your overall progress in your current level, and thats all that would be adjusted.

I could name several games where this has indeed been the case, but they'd be editted out, but they've been among the most successful MMORPGs out there, and almost noone leaves due to this. Its an inevitable trend in almost all MMORPGs, the more time passes, the easier things are made to be obtained, whether it be levels or gear, and noone who had such things earlier gets compensated.