Perfect solution for female's mounts

2»

Comments

• Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    That is exactly what I mean with fairness.
    Why can you be carried on a faster mount/Aero.
    But I can not???

PS: I did not vote because I am for females "carrying" men but I am against it if it does not go all the way.

I was joking, for the most part.

Also, off tangent but, me and my husband have Aerogear that fly at the same speed. Speed of aerogear has nothing to do with it, as far as I'm concerned. I'm just a little lazy.

In general, I do agree with the idea that if all can't do it, nobody should, but at the same time I don't. I mean, it's not killing anybody to have this feature implemented in the game, much like it's not killing anybody not to be able to pick up a guy/woman depending. It's just... well, a feature of the game, made in conjunction with the social norm for where the devs live.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sandaili - Dreamweaver
    Sandaili - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Wrong. In China, same-sex marriage and other same-sex things are generally socially unacceptable. Try telling the Chinese devs to implement same-sex marriage, you won't get anywhere.

Just because it wouldn't be socially awkward or unacceptable for you, that doesn't mean an entirely different nation is going to see it the same way.

OH MY GOD

LEARN TO READ

The male would still be carrying the female. Please stop confusing everyone else, since you are confused. The males will still be carrying the females. Can you re-read my post please?
  • Sandaili - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Males are taken as the dominant gender in china and the woman does the cooking and cleaning etc so that is why only men can carry the women.

As for girl and girl and male and male it is considered wrong, very wrong indeed in china so that will never be implemented either.

Not just china alot of people playing PW wouldn't like it either, if there was same sex marriages i would instantly quit. I dont have any desire to see any kind of male on male acts and i would be more than happy with them permanently unavailable.

(Before anyone gets all mad and says im homophobic or what ever, shut up and sit down before you start, i am not. I just have no wish to see it).

Are you all telling me that it's not socially acceptable for a woman who owns a horse or a car to have her boyfriend or a friend drive her car or take the reins?
  • A_Vanguard - Heavens Tear
    A_Vanguard - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Males are taken as the dominant gender in china and the woman does the cooking and cleaning etc so that is why only men can carry the women.

I don't see them having any trouble taking money from Women. I wonder how many of the women who plays fit into the norm.

Maybe they should ban all women from playing and tell them to go back into the kitchen.
    I wonder how long they would stay active as an international game then.

Either they follow the thought of women being less worthy to the letter or they don't.
    I'm tiered of being told its against Chinese culture bla bla bla.
    Maybe it is but there is so much else in this game that would be against Chinese culture.
    A woman publicly being kissed by a male tiger, not to speak of marrying it, would not sit well with any culture.
  • Sandaili - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    23hom6q.jpg

I don't know why I can't get this to be edited into the first post, but oh well. This is what I mean for those who keep saying it's offensive. It's not.
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I don't see them having any trouble taking money from Women. I wonder how many of the women who plays fit into the norm.

Maybe they should ban all women from playing and tell them to go back into the kitchen.
    I wonder how long they would stay active as an international game then.

Either they follow the thought of women being less worthy to the letter or they don't.
    I'm tiered of being told its against Chinese culture bla bla bla.
    Maybe it is but there is so much else in this game that would be against Chinese culture.
    A woman publicly being kissed by a male tiger, not to speak of marrying it, would not sit well with any culture.

If you don't like it then quit, this is based of chinese culture if you don't like it leave. I don't give a flying damn what you think and neither do the dev's. The game mechanics are the game mechanics thankfully they haven't aloud it so get over it or leave. Simple.
    Are you all telling me that it's not socially acceptable for a woman who owns a horse or a car to have her boyfriend or a friend drive her car or take the reins?

This isn't real life and i have no real interest in anything chinese so it isn't up to me what goes on, i simple said why it won't be implemented, ever.
    23hom6q.jpg

I don't know why I can't get this to be edited into the first post, but oh well. This is what I mean for those who keep saying it's offensive. It's not.

For them to allow it im guessing alot of coding will have to be changed, also what about race specific aerogear? A male cleric riding a swiftshadow (i know it would be cool) is against the game mechanics they would have to alter all these things.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • Pchan - Dreamweaver
    Pchan - Dreamweaver Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    23hom6q.jpg

I will only make a comment according to the picture and first post being provided, I see the convenience of not visiting the pet manager for egg hatching/reverting plus that fee to do so as well as the benefits for the male toon not being able to purchase a land mount. I am no game developer, but to my imagination, this would be a complicating coding process for the developers as to whom could take possession to summon the other's mount and what not. I guess it goes the same as the female unable to summon their baby pets while being held.

I also thought about the female character summoning the mount first, but that drives back to the idea about "females carrying males" topic and I don't want to improvise more on that subject matter.

All in all, lets face it. how many times do majority of people ride their land mounts outside of the city or safe zones besides mat farming or just simply using it for fashion? I honestly have a silver mane but to my usage, I rarely use it besides just fashion.
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    how many times do majority of people ride their land mounts outside of the city or safe zones besides mat farming or just simply using it for fashion?

I do it almost all the time while travelling from one place to another. I usually only fly when I need to.
  • Pchan - Dreamweaver
    Pchan - Dreamweaver Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I do it almost all the time while travelling from one place to another. I usually only fly when I need to.

You might be one of them Rainbowvidel, but I'm asking for majority of people. Honestly though I'm not one of those who would put out my land mount because:

A.) being knocked off (yes, couples get knocked off too)
    B.) can't swim across waters
    C.) good luck in climbing those tall mountains or find a run around...
    D.) I can't fight while I'm on my mount, especially if I need to purify some debuff off my character.

Because of these inconveniences (or more if I haven't pointed them out), majority of people playing do not use their land mounts. Not saying it's true, but due to correlation of the reasons and my predictions are making it obvious. I don't think PW would want to improvise on an idea where majority of people wouldn't utilize the feature as opposed to those who do; in addition to this confusing idea about who's summoning the mount, which I've pointed out in my previous post.
  • YordaUjain - Dreamweaver
    YordaUjain - Dreamweaver Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    A.) being knocked off (yes, couples get knocked off too)
    B.) can't swim across waters
    C.) good luck in climbing those tall mountains or find a run around...
    D.) I can't fight while I'm on my mount, especially if I need to purify some debuff off my character.

well mounts are for "show and tell" mostly or going around towns like arch.
    That does sound like a good idea. Say females could run while holding hands

Males been able to hold females is all fine and dandy but is this fair on females who wish to do a similar thing to their hubby?

No.

Holding hands is an idea which should be considered, why? It will help to break down barriers in relationships in game, as well as giving the female an advantage in the embrace system.

I do not like how males are the "dominant" force here.
    My point is, the game isn't ruled by mythology, it's also ruled by what gaming/gamers need. Like, you couldn't just ban the wood element from players since there are no East starter cities.

I do feel this feature would greatly enhance couples as well as break down barriers and should be considered. It is not fair that males get full advantage of the embrance system and the females do not.

Look at this example: There is a quest under level 30 which you can not do because it is only accessible by air. If I was female, I could simply get a lift while a male can not, not. I know a lot of females who would like to offer their hubby a lift on their mount or give them a lift via air. I'm sure there are except-able ways of doing this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PLAYING PWI FOR FRIENDS (CHAT) ONLY, NO ZEN CHARGING, NO GAINING GEAR. MOVING TO GUILD WARS 2 UPON LAUNCH WITH FACTION.

Got Dot? Why Not? It PAYS! website.ws/tomujain
  • Sandaili - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    One more thing that would make implementing this difficult, if not impossible, is the ability of only certain classes to use certain aerogears (flying mounts). The Galactic Beetle, for instance, is an Untamed only mount...thus, even if this were to be implemented, it would have to be two Untamed characters on the mount...

You guys don't seem to realize. The game is code. It would be an extremely easy thing to do for the devs. The problem with PWI is that they can't *do* this on our side, and they have no way to suggest these things to developers over there.

Also, it doesn't help that people can't even understand what I am saying most of the time. And the fact that we can't have pictures in the suggestion forum....fail. :/
  • BluRain - Raging Tide
    BluRain - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    i totally think this could happen they even have a poll out for it. just bc their culture is diff dont mean they wont consider this. and i know many girls that fight with guys but they have mount guy dont so he has to walk and they wish they could carry them so this could fix some issues.

and the bug thing ive played this game for a while and i dont see many bugs anymore i think they got rid of most if not basically all that would affect battles or any damage based, only one i know of is rubber band effect and that bug isnt a bug it has to do with laggish ness bc ive played many games that have that issue.
  • BluRain - Raging Tide
    BluRain - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2010

i only use the land mount bc its the fastest traveling way no matter how u look at it ya u cant swim but so swim ur self get back on. flying is slower and i hate it i dont fly cept to tear n above archy
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Because we're supposed to be in the kitchen making sandwiches or some bull like that.

go make me a pb&J on the double *uses stealth & runs for my life*

EDIT: lolz didnt notice but NECRO
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    FFS,this probably won't happen along with same-sex marriages/embraces because the bloody culture of China is different.
    Now atm,they are still rather inclined to follow the "Men work outside and bring home the cash,women stay at home and take care of the family".
    Men who rely on their wives to bring home money is perceived as being a giggolo or having a sugar-mummy.(Bleh,hard to explain in English what 吃软饭 means).

A bit of history:
    Men always carry the women in ancient China.Women carrying men in ancient China is weird
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Also, KrittyCat, I don't think you quite understood. You can have inter-racial embraces and the carrier can fly just fine on their aerogear already. That wouldn't be a problem to implement if you wanted a female carrying a male, because it would be a replica of our current code but with a few things changed, that's all. ^^

This is not a replica of the existing code. Have you ever seen a Barb with GM wings? The Barb doesnt move, they are in a standing statue position that just anti-gravity moves all over the place. For the rare GM this is fine. Now imagine its commonplace with an elven or tideborn female initiating the carry on a Barb (and i belive human male would be the same). There is no animation in game for those races using wings as a flying mount. I believe the reverse would be true as there is no standing fly pose for elves & tideborn males to be carrying a veno or female human on their swords & flying beasts. The Male has to be using their own mount because 50/50 of the mounts wouldnt even have cross race animations. Besides would a female winged elf rip off her wings & sew them onto the barb? doubt they'd function very well & leave the female with a pair of bloody stumps on her back.
    You guys don't seem to realize. The game is code. It would be an extremely easy thing to do for the devs. The problem with PWI is that they can't *do* this on our side, and they have no way to suggest these things to developers over there.

Reason posted above is why it would not be easy to implement, they'd have to create a bunch of new animations, not to mention it just wouldnt make sense for any winged race to pass around their wings (which are supposed to be anatomically attached to their body).