Perfect solution for female's mounts

Sandaili - Dreamweaver
Sandaili - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Suggestion Box
Hey, how about this:

23hom6q.jpg Okay, how do I make it show up in the thread? There is no insert image box anymore. If a mod could help me...when I press advanced edit, it just ends up posting without going to the advanced.

MORE EDIT: Apparently, we can't post pictures in the suggestion box forum? Or is this just me? I go to the other forum sections and can post just fine (it shows picture box and everything). IMG tags here just end up making a link like above.

Females can just let the males hold them on the the females mount. Problem solved. Now my mount will be worth just as much as I can have two ppl use it just like a male. And, the developers won't be upset because of a weak female carrying another player.

So....

Females could only help out a male on the female mount, but it's better than nothing.

Please implement!!! ^^
Post edited by Sandaili - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    They won't.

/End thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Nice idea, but wrong section.
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Nice Idea.

Will Never Happen.

Wrong Section.

Give-Up Any Hope You Have Of Something Similar To This Happening.

/Thread.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Nice Idea.

Will Never Happen.

Wrong Section.

/Thread.

^This
    b:bye
  • SilversMoon - Heavens Tear
    SilversMoon - Heavens Tear Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Y-yah .. love ur idea, but it's not gonna beat fixing the eternal saga of bugs we have as it is.
    Oh in which bugs don't promise to be fixed this life time, ty devs.b:surrender

Edit: Also..
    Nice Idea.

Will Never Happen.

Wrong Section.

/Thread.
    QFT .
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Like the idea, would be nice... but no they won't implement it. Unfortunately.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Your wrong it could be implamented, but there is no way to make money off it without 90% of the player base QQing(horns). PWI providing new free content?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Your wrong it could be implamented, but there is no way to make money off it without 90% of the player base QQing(horns). PWI providing new free content?

Actually, you're wrong.

It won't be implemented. The devs don't agree with women being able to carry a man around in any form, because that's too much of a manly thing for a woman to do. (Actually, I'm exaggerating, but it's still a heavily based male society where it's socially acceptable for a man to give a woman a ride, but plain weird and not acceptable for a woman to do the same. Because we're supposed to be in the kitchen making sandwiches or some bull like that.)

Also, PWI making money from this doesn't mean anything. Because, you know, the devs are in China. The reason that this isn't happening is because of something people like to call "culture."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Actually, you're wrong.

It won't be implemented. The devs don't agree with women being able to carry a man around in any form, because that's too much of a manly thing for a woman to do. (Actually, I'm exaggerating, but it's still a heavily based male society where it's socially acceptable for a man to give a woman a ride, but plain weird and not acceptable for a woman to do the same. Because we're supposed to be in the kitchen making sandwiches or some bull like that.)

Also, PWI making money from this doesn't mean anything. Because, you know, the devs are in China. The reason that this isn't happening is because of something people like to call "culture."

You missed the point; why wouldn't a female be allowed to ask a male to ride their mount and carry the female at the same time? But yeah, it will still not happen.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    You missed the point; why wouldn't a female be allowed to ask a male to ride their mount and carry the female at the same time? But yeah, it will still not happen.

I guess you didn't read, then.

Go and see again where I spoke about what was and was not socially acceptable, and you might get a clue this time.

It's the very sexist idea that a male can carry a female, because they are strong and noble and whatever else you want to put in here, but a female cannot do the same because she is viewed as the weaker sex.

Get it yet?

Also, it's never going to happen because the embrace system is the same whether you are on a mount, flying, or not. And to incorporate a woman having a man ride with her on her mount at the same time would require them to let a woman carry a man, period. Because, you know, the coding is the same.

Meaning it is still never going to be implemented.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asazen - Raging Tide
    Asazen - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Keep in mind that PWI doesn't implement anything other adding some cash shop items. Other implementation of features usually come from the the Chinese version of PW, so if you really want to have a feature added find someone who can speak Chinese to post on the PW Chinese suggestions thread. You'll have better luck there b:victory.
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    sounds good. but they should also let females carry females on their mounts. and same with male on male.
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
    edited April 2010
    sounds good. but they should also let females carry females on their mounts. and same with male on male.

No they shouldn't b:surrender.

• SinCityChick - Dreamweaver
    SinCityChick - Dreamweaver Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    That would be uber-awkward, no offense to those who are into that kind of thing...and yet again, we are talking about the Chinese culture here, where anything short of man with woman is considered abominable.
    For those times when *facepalm* and *headdesk* just aren't enough, I present...*brickhead*...painful, effective, and guaranteed to make you forget why you hit yourself in the first place.

R.I.P.:
    SkyLight (faction)
    Andracil (teh BEST MOD EVER!)
  • Alliptica - Lost City
    Alliptica - Lost City Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    **** Chinese culture b:angry
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited April 2010

Their game, their rules. 'Nuff said.
  • Sandaili - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Nice idea, but wrong section.

I know wrong section, but no one ever visits that section b:surrender
  • Sandaili - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    I guess you didn't read, then.

Go and see again where I spoke about what was and was not socially acceptable, and you might get a clue this time.

It's the very sexist idea that a male can carry a female, because they are strong and noble and whatever else you want to put in here, but a female cannot do the same because she is viewed as the weaker sex.

Get it yet?

Also, it's never going to happen because the embrace system is the same whether you are on a mount, flying, or not. And to incorporate a woman having a man ride with her on her mount at the same time would require them to let a woman carry a man, period. Because, you know, the coding is the same.

Meaning it is still never going to be implemented.

I think you need to reread my original post. This would *BE* a male carrying a female. Same animation. No change to programming except the mount the male would be riding would be the female's mount. A simple thing like this:

I am a Venomancer. I have a BEETLE.
    I ask to embrace a male, who has a slow sword let's say.

Instead of it defaulting to him embracing me, and I ride his slow mount.....

If he is requisite level, the program looks in MY bag *since I initiated the embrace*, sees I have a beetle mount, and replaces that model for his sword and uses the beetle's speed. Meanwhile since *I* initiated the embrace, I can use the stones. But you *SEE* a male carrying a female.

Problem solved.
  • grecian
    grecian Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010

**** your culture b:bye
  • Sandaili - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Keep in mind that PWI doesn't implement anything other adding some cash shop items. Other implementation of features usually come from the the Chinese version of PW, so if you really want to have a feature added find someone who can speak Chinese to post on the PW Chinese suggestions thread. You'll have better luck there b:victory.

I understand they don't want to implement things that won't make them money, but we already suggested mounts to be added that would allow two people of any sex to be carried, but it never got off the ground. This could be done solely with some programming, no new models done and no cultural awkwardness.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    I understand they don't want to implement things that won't make them money, but we already suggested mounts to be added that would allow two people of any sex to be carried, but it never got off the ground. This could be done solely with some programming, no new models done and no cultural awkwardness.

Wrong. In China, same-sex marriage and other same-sex things are generally socially unacceptable. Try telling the Chinese devs to implement same-sex marriage, you won't get anywhere.

Just because it wouldn't be socially awkward or unacceptable for you, that doesn't mean an entirely different nation is going to see it the same way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010

Males are taken as the dominant gender in china and the woman does the cooking and cleaning etc so that is why only men can carry the women.

As for girl and girl and male and male it is considered wrong, very wrong indeed in china so that will never be implemented either.
    Wrong. In China, same-sex marriage and other same-sex things are generally socially unacceptable. Try telling the Chinese devs to implement same-sex marriage, you won't get anywhere.

Just because it wouldn't be socially awkward or unacceptable for you, that doesn't mean an entirely different nation is going to see it the same way.

Not just china alot of people playing PW wouldn't like it either, if there was same sex marriages i would instantly quit. I dont have any desire to see any kind of male on male acts and i would be more than happy with them permanently unavailable.

(Before anyone gets all mad and says im homophobic or what ever, shut up and sit down before you start, i am not. I just have no wish to see it).

• Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Not just china alot of people playing PW wouldn't like it either, if there was same sex marriages i would instantly quit. I dont have any desire to see any kind of male on male acts and i would be more than happy with them permanently unavailable.

(Before anyone gets all mad and says im homophobic or what ever, shut up and sit down before you start, i am not. I just have no wish to see it).

I was focusing on the Chinese cultural and social aspect of this because the devs for this game are in China. Making the focal point for this entire subject based around a Chinese social aspect because we don't have American devs or English devs or suchlike.

I personally wouldn't quit PW if (and it never will be, but for the sake of argument) same-sex marriage or same-sex embrace was implemented. It's easy to ignore that kind of thing and it doesn't bother me anyway - to each their own. Although you have a point, I guess. =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I want same-sex clothes first. I want to be able to wear a bikini top and beach shorts if I want. Even if I am a guy. A barb. Once that's put into the game, THEN we can worry about same-sex marriages.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    One more thing that would make implementing this difficult, if not impossible, is the ability of only certain classes to use certain aerogears (flying mounts). The Galactic Beetle, for instance, is an Untamed only mount...thus, even if this were to be implemented, it would have to be two Untamed characters on the mount...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    I want same-sex clothes first. I want to be able to wear a bikini top and beach shorts if I want. Even if I am a guy. A barb. Once that's put into the game, THEN we can worry about same-sex marriages.

Barbs in bikinis...?

Think of the children.

Also, KrittyCat, I don't think you quite understood. You can have inter-racial embraces and the carrier can fly just fine on their aerogear already. That wouldn't be a problem to implement if you wanted a female carrying a male, because it would be a replica of our current code but with a few things changed, that's all. ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • A_Vanguard - Heavens Tear
    A_Vanguard - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I think that to make the game fair to all.
    Nobody should be able to carry anyone. If not all can carry all.

Men carry women.
    Women carry men.
    Women carry women.
    Men carry men.

Or nothing.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010

But then I'd have to fly to MQ rather than have my husband carry me. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited April 2010

Men carry women.
    Women carry men.
    Women carry women.
    Men carry men.

Or nothing.
    i totally agree!!
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • A_Vanguard - Heavens Tear
    A_Vanguard - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    But then I'd have to fly to MQ rather than have my husband carry me. b:sad

That is exactly what I mean with fairness.
    Why can you be carried on a faster mount/Aero.
    But I can not???

PS: I did not vote because I am for females "carrying" men but I am against it if it does not go all the way.