rush character delete

Options
X_Mar_X - Heavens Tear
X_Mar_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Suggestion Box
i think when you delete a character, you shouldnt have to wait a week, and be able to delete it right away. im tired of waiting that long to be able to make a new character. so how about a rush delete option? (sorry if this has been suggested before i dont know if it has)
Post edited by X_Mar_X - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• MagicWaffle - Sanctuary
    MagicWaffle - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    rushing the delete wouldnt be such a great idea imo O.o the entire week delete actually makes sence. This allows you to save your character incase you get **** or accidentally pressed the wrong button and when you get to a higher lvl it would be a pain to get back to it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Name-level/class-faction
    MagicWaffle-71 Wizard-BlackOath
    Kyrozoan-84 Barbarian-None (retired)
    Vertebreaker-55-Seeker-None (retired)
  • TenaciousVix - Lost City
    TenaciousVix - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Have to stick with Waffle here. The cons outweigh the pros.
    The only use this would serve is rerolling.
  • burger92
    burger92 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I like the delayed delet thing.
    Can anyone help me reset my safe code in the game
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i think when you delete a character, you shouldnt have to wait a week, and be able to delete it right away. im tired of waiting that long to be able to make a new character. so how about a rush delete option? (sorry if this has been suggested before i dont know if it has)

I believe you should have searched the forums before posting a thread.The week-long wait i believe is mainly to protect your account in case of emrgencies(e.g.Your account got hackedinto and the person is deleting it or you accidentally deleted the wrong character)
    burger92 wrote: »
    I like the delayed delet thing.
    Can anyone help me reset my safe code in the game

Use the search function before you start your own thread
  • Pchan - Dreamweaver
    Pchan - Dreamweaver Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

you can always make a second account to use if you're filled up on your first, unless you're charging zen on that particular account only... but honestly, you do have a maximum of 8 characters per server (correct me if I'm wrong here b:surrender). I don't see the character deletion duration affecting game play in any way.
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    how about if you could make up a password to rush delete it would tht solve anything?
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Person B (bad person), gets person A's paswords.

Person B doesn't like person A, and logs in on his account to delete his lvl 100main with full cashshop gear

Person A logs on 10 mins later, to find his char is gone.

Now how it currently is:
    Person B get's person A's paswords
    Person B logs on Person A's account and deletes his lvl 100 main
    Person A logs on in the course of the week, looks strange at the delete progres, stops it and continues to play after chancing his paswords
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    rushing the delete wouldnt be such a great idea imo O.o the entire week delete actually makes sence. This allows you to save your character incase you get **** or accidentally pressed the wrong button and when you get to a higher lvl it would be a pain to get back to it.

O.o
    it be some sort of magic waffle
    b:puzzled
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XX_Mar_XX - Heavens Tear
    XX_Mar_XX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    anwynd wrote: »
    how about if you could make up a password to rush delete it would tht solve anything?

I agree with what anwynd said, do it like in guild wars, have a separate password to rush delete, or atleast just shorten it from a week to just a few days instead

by the way i just searched for other posts like this, there were none
  • Pchan - Dreamweaver
    Pchan - Dreamweaver Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    have a separate password to rush delete

Again, this wouldn't help if the hacker has that password access to all their victim's account(s). I still suggest making 2 accounts for the better idea, which gives you 16 characters to play. If you want, go ahead and make 8 accounts which gives you 64 characters to play. Again, I still don't see how this is being inconvenient and there's just not enough reasons to support your idea about rush deleting. b:surrender
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    fail thread is fail.

/inb4lock