Two new players seeking guidance

eycho
eycho Posts: 3 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
So, a friend and I are looking to try out yet another MMORPG -- this time: Perfect World.

Anyway, straight to the point:

We're looking for the best class combination to play together, if any. Any ideas and reasons why would be helpful. Personally, I'm the type that likes to do one of two things: (a) be an efficient healer and buffer, or (b) be the epic powerhouse that deals massive amounts of damage. My partner doesn't really care what his role is, though he does have a tendency to dislike magic classes. (Aka: he wants to HIT THINGS WITH STICKS. Not really, but you get the idea.)

Any advice would be helpful and appreciated.

Thank you,
eycho

Also, on a side note: I usually also make a side character that I solo with -- usually a "thief" or "assassin" type class in other games. Basically, it's just a personal, solo character to simply have fun and **** around with. Any suggestions on what class to go with for something along these lines?
Post edited by eycho on

Comments

• Amrynn - Archosaur
    Amrynn - Archosaur Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Cleric and Barbarian

Healing and buffs + tanking
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    A. what Amrynn said.
    B. this game now has new classes, and it seams that u like the assassin class. that is a cool/expermental class, but all the info u need for that class is here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=678182. you can also look on the sin portion of the forums.

Also for you, a wizard (massive damage) or a cleric (healer), sounds good for you. and your friend sounds like he wants to be either a blademaster (uses multiple weapons) or a barbarian (turns into a tiger to fight)

hope this helped, and good luck in-game ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    me are also agree with the cleric and barb
    if both of you guys be competent then you will always be needed.
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    if both of you guys be competent then you will always be needed.
    ...and you will always be able to do most things in the game between the two of you too, if that is your inclination.
  • eycho
    edited April 2010
    Awesome ! Thank you, everyone. [: We actually just got a third to join our little troupe. Any new combination suggestions? I'm already anticipating someone saying:

Cleric + Barbarian + [Wizard or Blademaster]. Haha. Is this right? And, if so, which of the last two?

Also, thank you to Krisnda for pointing out the new classes to me -- quite helpful. ^^
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    No problem ^^ and i would say Wizard, so you can kill things faster
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    One of the best Combo's in the game (for three people):

Barb
    BM
    Cleric

Cleric is able to heal tanker (BM or Barb), and also able to tank certain bosses.
    BM is able to tank, DD, or DD and tank at same time.
    Barb is usually a pure tank, though if they use human form they are a heavy DD.
  • eycho
    edited April 2010
    Awesome. Thank you so much for all of the help! This game, at least, seems to have a fantastic community. I hope to run into people such as those in this thread in-game sometime, as well as look forward to seeing you around the forums.

I think we've decided on the Barbarian/Cleric/Blademaster combo for now. Still need to talk it over with my original partner. Other than that...thanks again! I look forward to seeing all of you around!

Sincerely,
    eycho
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Barb, cleric VENO

theres some places that venos are just better suited to have around than a BM would be. (sorry guys). While BM's are cool and all that jazz with Roar of the Pride and HF... A veno can chain pull mobs like no tomorrow and the whole thing just gets done faster and safer than to have a cleric healing both barb and BM because A) earthflame takes too long to cool down B) some people just dont know how to make running mobs run away from the next group of mobs down the path (squad wipe anyone?).

If I were in a three person team I'd pick veno before I did BM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    BM, cleric, veno is also a viable combination.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Barb, cleric VENO

theres some places that venos are just better suited to have around than a BM would be. (sorry guys). While BM's are cool and all that jazz with Roar of the Pride and HF... A veno can chain pull mobs like no tomorrow and the whole thing just gets done faster and safer than to have a cleric healing both barb and BM because A) earthflame takes too long to cool down B) some people just dont know how to make running mobs run away from the next group of mobs down the path (squad wipe anyone?).

If I were in a three person team I'd pick veno before I did BM.

As long as the BM knows how to hold the arggo, and the barb has decent HP. That isn't going to happen.

Plus if BM uses all 4 weapon paths, he/she can switch to sword and use one of the sword skills (idr name atm) to send the mob towards the barb and allow the barb to grab arggo, then pull some stuns and boom. Mob killed and everyone is alive :)
  • satanicdemons
    satanicdemons Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i'd say Barb and Cleric or Cleric and Assasin
  • Dess - Heavens Tear
    Dess - Heavens Tear Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Id say go with Barb and cleric for the 1st 2 ppl, and either a wiz, a veno, or an archer for the 3rd. BMs are nice to have around, due to the stuns and multipe weps and all, but for a 3 man squad, id rather have a ranged DDer instead of a bm, SO LONG AS the barb can keep aggro. Otherwise, be prepared to play mob hot potato. b:laugh