Lazy barbs, build your own chi for a change.

chichirou
chichirou Posts: 6 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Barbarian
Ok, so I was in a FF run earlier and we were all building chi at the start of each hall and room. The BM and archer were dueling each other barehanded for chi, the cleric was spam healing for chi, the veno was spam healing her pet for chi as well as sending sparks to the cleric and barb whenever she had the chance. the barb was.....just standing there demanding chi from the veno even after just seeing her sending it to the cleric. And constantly for the next minute after before she could send it to him.

I'd like to take the time to ask the all barbs out there this question: Everyone is building chi before the fight but you're just standing there making demands, do you just sit there and expect everything to be given to you?

Here's an idea: if the barb mentioned had any common sense he would've went back to human form and spammed Strength of the Titans and Beast King's Inspiration to gain the chi himself while the veno's Lending hand is in cooldown and she is building up the chi to send to him.

So whether you're getting ready to pull that boss from the group of adds in a BH or preparing to pull a hallway or room full of mobs in FF, if you take the time to do this while a veno's Lending Hand is in cooldown, you are likely to have a spark and some chi ready yourself instead of doing nothing during that one whole minute demanding chi. Or you could do like the BM and archer did and duel a squad member for the chi barehanded. If its not during a boss kill or you're not fighting anything at the moment, stop being so damn dependent on the veno for chi and try building it yourself for once.

Maybe not all barbs are like this, maybe the barb in my FF squad was a noob or something.
Post edited by chichirou on

Comments

• Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    me not lazy barbb:angry

me build chi easy in FF. me duel BM pre run

me pull mobs with full chi then me sunder (bye bye chib:bye) but then me bestial rage and me have full chi againb:victory. Me stay full of chib:pleased

Only time I dont have full chi in FF is after the bosses since I'm spamming FR and Devour the entire time so i can hold aggro and make the fight go faster. I've actually had to tell venos "dont spark me - spark the cleric so she can BB again quicker"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Volksjager - Raging Tide
    Volksjager - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    God this is funny, I am just starting barb and know nothing about this. YET it seems barbs have it tough.
    The good new bears is something that isn't good news. If someone says they are going to show someone the good news bears please RUN!
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    If you have to build chi in frost your doing something wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited April 2010

^(o.o)
    this...
    me suggest you smack that kitty upside the head for being so fail.
    (>.<)'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Boozer - Lost City
    Boozer - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Its a bit more costly for barbs to build chi since we can use Beast King's Inspiration/Strength of the Titans maybe twice before we run out of mana, than we have to pop yet another pot. Just using our buffs will auto tick our mp-charm if we have one on. So it rather frustrating getting 3 sparks before you have lvl 11 demon hp buff, cloud eruption or sage chi skill, since it takes a while/loads of mana (if you compare it to out pitiful mp-pool) to build up chi.

Which is why im guessing some cheap barbs want extra chi-service - they dont wanna waste mana pots or tick mp-charm b:avoid

Veno can chi up pretty fast without using any pots what so ever. Just heal pet/bramble than switch and back to full mana. Not defending the lazy barb that just stood there. He could have dueled or smacked the NPC or something.

Only times i kinda need someone to pass chi in FF is on the Phoenix boss, he uses that annoying curse Crush Vigor and eats all my chi b:angry
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    quick question....
    what be the average mp pool of level 85+ barbs?
    b:puzzled
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    at 81, with no +mag or +mp gear, I have about 1250 MP (less than my 59 archer)

edit: Its a shame that mages or clerics dont get a "beast kings inspiration" for mana pool increase :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    ZoanoAce - Lost City Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    at 81, with no +mag or +mp gear, I have about 1250 MP (less than my 59 archer)

edit: Its a shame that mages or clerics dont get a "beast kings inspiration" for mana pool increase :(
    Actually, Wizzes have Wellspring Quaff which increases their MP pool, while Clerics...get the end of the boot in that case ._.
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

End of lvling, starting of the unimaginableb:laughb:victoryb:coolb:cool
  • Korsov - Heavens Tear
    Korsov - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    The barb shouldnt need to build chi before the FF starts. Grab first group > Roar > Beastial Rage > Chi problem solved.
  • OMarvelous - Sanctuary
    OMarvelous - Sanctuary Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Im sorry that one barb prompted you to write this post. Seems like you wanted to vent, fine but a lot of generalizing going down here.
  • Destiny_ - Heavens Tear
    Destiny_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I was that veno on this FF run... and Im not sure what the barb was doing exactly but I have NEVER had to feed that much chi to a barb in any run.

I always feed chi to him during/after bosses but in normal spots like small rooms and hallways I prefer to spark the cleric after he/she throws up BB so they are ready for the next room but this barb insisted on standing there doing nothing while everyone else was building chi.

The part that ticks me off, besides his never ending complaining, was that by the time I Lending Hand cooled and I gave him my chi I didnt have enough chi to use my AOE stun skill for big pulls.

Its called LENDING Hand .. not DO IT ALL FOR YOU Hand - either duel, spam skills or use chi pots like the rest of us.
  • Aurores - Heavens Tear
    Aurores - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I was that veno on this FF run... and Im not sure what the barb was doing exactly but I have NEVER had to feed that much chi to a barb in any run.

I always feed chi to him during/after bosses but in normal spots like small rooms and hallways I prefer to spark the cleric after he/she throws up BB so they are ready for the next room but this barb insisted on standing there doing nothing while everyone else was building chi.

The part that ticks me off, besides his never ending complaining, was that by the time I Lending Hand cooled and I gave him my chi I didnt have enough chi to use my AOE stun skill for big pulls.

Its called LENDING Hand .. not DO IT ALL FOR YOU Hand - either duel, spam skills or use chi pots like the rest of us.

AOE stun? you must be talking about nova? b:question
    Retired b:bye
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    God this is funny, I am just starting barb and know nothing about this. YET it seems barbs have it tough.

Barbs got it pretty easy.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Destiny_ - Heavens Tear
    Destiny_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Yes Im talking about Nova, but since I lot of people arent familar with the names of the spells from other classes I figured Id make it understandable to all.

PS no need to quote my entire post when you're posting right after it
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited April 2010

Yup yup.

Chi management with some barbs is a problem. They'll either learn or they won't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • PlumDumb - Heavens Tear
    PlumDumb - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    chichirou wrote: »
    Ok, so I was in a FF run earlier and we were all building chi at the start of each hall and room. The BM and archer were dueling each other barehanded for chi, the cleric was spam healing for chi, the veno was spam healing her pet for chi as well as sending sparks to the cleric and barb whenever she had the chance. the barb was.....just standing there demanding chi from the veno even after just seeing her sending it to the cleric. And constantly for the next minute after before she could send it to him.

I'd like to take the time to ask the all barbs out there this question: Everyone is building chi before the fight but you're just standing there making demands, do you just sit there and expect everything to be given to you?

Here's an idea: if the barb mentioned had any common sense he would've went back to human form and spammed Strength of the Titans and Beast King's Inspiration to gain the chi himself while the veno's Lending hand is in cooldown and she is building up the chi to send to him.

So whether you're getting ready to pull that boss from the group of adds in a BH or preparing to pull a hallway or room full of mobs in FF, if you take the time to do this while a veno's Lending Hand is in cooldown, you are likely to have a spark and some chi ready yourself instead of doing nothing during that one whole minute demanding chi. Or you could do like the BM and archer did and duel a squad member for the chi barehanded. If its not during a boss kill or you're not fighting anything at the moment, stop being so damn dependent on the veno for chi and try building it yourself for once.

Maybe not all barbs are like this, maybe the barb in my FF squad was a noob or something.

since your so damn caring why dont u ask to duel a barb to help him with chi..seems everyone else was doign something except u..also the barb buff take alot of mana and not woth chi building so gstfu man
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    The barb shouldnt need to build chi before the FF starts. Grab first group > Roar > Beastial Rage > Chi problem solved.

Yup, roar and frighten are two good chi building skills...same with alacrity.

Lure the first mob and let the barb fight it solo-by the time that mob's dead barb should have two full bars (if he manages his bestial rage chi building skill.)

Only boss I have run low on chi is Belial, and that's from me trying to keep aggro from a bunch of lvl100+ DDs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited April 2010

I get chi the fastest as a barb, then BMs follows, then clerics, other classes take a bit slow. And yeah, thats a great way to gain chi, I do that on my barb. Frighten is good for chi too, also surf impact. I don't see why barbs have trouble with getting chi. Least thing is to have a veno giving out sparks with lending hand
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • BKXIX - Heavens Tear
    BKXIX - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i used to have chi problems pre 89 but now it seems better, got a chi gini and the technique so i can gain 2 sparks instantly if nessary.
  • HippiePanda - Sanctuary
    HippiePanda - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    chichirou: Donate me a MP charm and we can squad b:laugh
  • Brutu - Heavens Tear
    Brutu - Heavens Tear Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    From a person that has both DDs and a barb char I must say barbs most definately DO NOT.

For instance, last night for the first time ever, I afk killed a bh boss with my archer.

To the OP, don't generalize especially when your talking about a single idiot barb.... I always collect chi before instances and fistfight for chi when I get low, but I generally do expect the veno to pass me chi every once and a while as that is one of the veno's jobs, however outside battle I most definately don't expect it as I can just duel for chi.
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited April 2010

Your barb is an idiot...

I never ask venos for chi, Though it's very nice when they do, especially if it's done after invoke or sunder, most venos just pass sparks randomly, usually when I'm full lol.

I either use 89 sage 50 chi skill, chi apos or Chi syphon Or Cloud Eruption on my genie. If everything is in cooldown & I really need chi before a tough boss I'll ask others to wait till I spam titans+hp buff till cooldown on other skills is out.

Lately I notice a lot of barbs even +90 never use Bestial Rage ._. Wth... In most cases you don't even need to get chi pre pull, since ul get tons while you run & mobs are hitting you (b:chuckle barbs are masochists, we get "chi" from bestial rage + getting hit).

A few days ago I had a barb like that in squad, I asked him "why you don't use Bestial Rage?"
    He- goes to human & buffs himself in the middle of a huge pile of mobs. Everyone in squad O.O
    "I don't understand. Did you mean unslaught?"
    - "No... You know... Bestial Rage... The skill which allows you to get chi...?"
    - "Oh I never heard of it. I Will learn it"
    /facepalm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide
    Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited April 2010

Sounds to Fuzzy like you just mad and needed to vent... you can't have honestly believe any barb that is even remotely capable of playing their class to have answered yes to this?
    Here's an idea: if the barb mentioned had any common sense he would've went back to human form and spammed Strength of the Titans and Beast King's Inspiration to gain the chi himself

It was mentioned earlier in the thread, but unless a barb has an mp charm to freely waste or pots to pour down the drain, this is far from a good idea. There are better/easier/more efficient ways to build chi but spamming buffs and burning mana not be exactly "common sense" to Fuzzy
    stop being so damn dependent on the veno for chi and try building it yourself for once.

.....stop being so damn dependent on the barb to pull all the mobs for you and try it yourself for once....

oh wait, thats part of our job. Lending hand is a part (if only a small part) of the veno's job. There are times when receiving that extra spark goes a long way to helping. It may be frustrating to you when barb asks for spark but it can also be frustrating for barb when we tank boss with flesh ream and devour and if on the odd occasion ask a veno for spark they reply they don't have one to spare...

...Fuzzy pretty sure the "or something" isn't the right answer in your case for that particular barb.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    A few days ago I had a barb like that in squad, I asked him "why you don't use Bestial Rage?"
    He- goes to human & buffs himself in the middle of a huge pile of mobs. Everyone in squad O.O
    "I don't understand. Did you mean unslaught?"
    - "No... You know... Bestial Rage... The skill which allows you to get chi...?"
    - "Oh I never heard of it. I Will learn it"
    /facepalm
    I second that /facepalm.
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

• MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    From a person that has both DDs and a barb char I must say barbs most definately DO NOT.

Yeah.I know I got both or all 3 DD classes anyway you get in squads more easily and are the ones who get the priority of healing.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Cybetron - Harshlands
    Cybetron - Harshlands Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Yeah.I know I got both or all 3 DD classes anyway you get in squads more easily and are the ones who get the priority of healing.

We're also the ones who:
    1. Take the beating, increasing our repair costs, while the squad simply dds or heals
    2. Get blamed when we don't cancel the bosses' attacks with alacrity.
    3. Get blamed if a 3 sparked BM or archer steals aggro from us

ijs that every class has its own way of playing a part... The healing and the priority part only comes into play coz of the role we play in the squad...

@OP sorry to hear that u had a bad barb in ur squad.. although barbs would love to have a veno pass them chi once in awhile, veno-chi-hogging is definitely the sign of an addiction and poor game-play b:laugh
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Lately I notice a lot of barbs even +90 never use Bestial Rage ._. Wth... In most cases you don't even need to get chi pre pull, since ul get tons while you run & mobs are hitting you (b:chuckle barbs are masochists, we get "chi" from bestial rage + getting hit).

I think there are many many barbs who don't use bestial rage period. I've actually had to ask clerics "wtf are you purifying me for?"

cleric: you had a status ailment on you
    me: hmm.. you mean the little red dot?
    cleric: yeah, that one
    me: b:laugh
    cleric: b:puzzled
    me: thats my chi skill
    cleric: ....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I just did a FC run, had to ask for chi one time.

50 mobs hitting you + bestial rage I have more chi than I know what to do with.

On some of the bigger pulls I'll have invoke, sunder, and double spark all on cooldown and full chi.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited April 2010

EASY!?

Not really <.<

I hate tanking Frost on my barb, it sucks so much. I really dont do it anymore unless i get free Hypers from people that are desperate for a 9X tank. Everyone will go afk during many of the bosses in Frost, thats just simple fact. As the tank you get sealed/stunned etc repeatably at most of the bosses. Thats means you cant set up a the tank macro and afk at all, have to be at your computer all the damn time in Frost . How the hell is that suppose to be easy. Leveling is suppose to be done while watching a movie b:angry

As a barb you have to do 50% more work than most of the party. Its kinda the same in Rebirth to. Everyone can go afk all the time beside the barb ;(

Being a DD in most instances i can just auto shoot and go eat cookies and watch TV, thats my definition of having it easy, being archer - best afk class b:cute
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    EASY!?

Not really <.<

I hate tanking Frost on my barb, it sucks so much. I really dont do it anymore unless i get free Hypers from people that are desperate for a 9X tank. Everyone will go afk during many of the bosses in Frost, thats just simple fact. As the tank you get sealed/stunned etc repeatably at most of the bosses. Thats means you cant set up a the tank macro and afk at all, have to be at your computer all the damn time in Frost . How the hell is that suppose to be easy. Leveling is suppose to be done while watching a movie b:angry

As a barb you have to do 50% more work than most of the party. Its kinda the same in Rebirth to. Everyone can go afk all the time beside the barb ;(

Being a DD in most instances i can just auto shoot and go eat cookies and watch TV, thats my definition of having it easy, being archer - best afk class b:cute
    LOL Indeedb:laugh Barbarian players have to be the non-lazy type who cant simply auto attack/tank and expect the job to get done without error. This applies for Clerics too which is the other hardest class to play in terms of responsibilities.

Let the above quote be an example of this point: DO NOT PLAY THIS CLASS IF YOU SEEK TO HAVE IT EASY IN THIS GAME. That's why the majority of classes are DDsb:cute