Sin VS Long Range & Melee

xxxzumsterxxx
xxxzumsterxxx Posts: 8 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Assassin
hi currently at lvl 76, with almost pure dex build, except i need some more STR to wear my helmet..... never been in PK before, but so far duel with archer, wiz, mostly, most of the time i own them, got no luck with BM so far, so i been thinking start going to PK frequently, are there any exp pker sin out there can provide some tips on PK,..... like skill chain to fight on each class......

I have never won agains a hernix veno T_T......... PW doesn't make totally fair for veno have such beast along with them....anyway thank you for looking, and much appreciation for any tips on PK...

Thanks.
Post edited by xxxzumsterxxx on

Comments

• Kinohki - Lost City
    Kinohki - Lost City Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    First off, know this. You. Are. Squishy. Assassins are a specialty class. They strike hard, they strike true then they get the hell out of dodge. (Or gtfo as some say.)

Vs BM and Barbs you run. You immo and you run. Unless you KNOW without a doubt you can take them, you don't bother. Heavy armors have high physical resist and our spike damage gets cut down to nil. You can attempt to wear them down slowly with immobilization, sleep and puncture wound by kiting them, however the chances are once they get a lucky stun off you're gone. If they have a charm, it's impossible unless you have highly refined daggers or they suck.

Secondly stick to targets you know you can take. Assassins specialize in taking out clerics, archers, wizards and certain venos.

Vs Venos: If it's a heavy veno, don't waste your time. Chances are she will fox form and you'll have a helluva fight on your hands. If it's a cloth veno with a nix, proceed with caution. If you're the dishonorable type, wait for her to sic her pet on a mob and then engage. Otherwirse, stealth, immo the nix, shadowport (stun port) the veno, dual spark and proceed to go to town. Carry soul cleanse pots (apothecary pots) for flesh ream. You're light armor. IT WILL HURT.

Thirdly: Don't be taunted. Keep a cool head. If someone calls their friends on you, retreat to safe zone. Theres nothing honorable bout suicide, so know your limits. Augment your genie so you can cover your weaknesses or enhance your strengths. Windshield, Explosion (until you can get Tstorm or bramble rage or so) works wonders on heavy should you choose you want to engage them after all. An explosion crit on a vit genie will hurt. Period since it does damage based on energy point.

Fourthly : Keep either scrolls (guardian scrolls) or safety lock on. If you choose to use the lock, keep in mind how much you have left on your timer. Last thing you want is it wearing off mid PK and dropping that shadow legend +4 that you love so dear. Chances are if you drop, you won't be getting it back. Hope those help. Happy PK'ing.

Oh and a tip. Use maze steps. It gives you anti stun so don't hesitate to use it, even if you're in the air. It gives you 10 seconds to pull off a nasty combo or such.
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I really should just make a guide...maybe later today i will b:surrender

Recommended Genie skills (Infliction genie):

Tangling mire
    Relentless courage
    Occult Ice

My genie has 90 str on it and enough energy to use tangling mire and relentless courage together. this makes my Tangling mire 53% pdef reduction and my Relentless courage 27%,

EA's are the easiest. just maze steps, tackling slash and swing till they die. add sparks/wolf emblem/ w/e else you want if you feel like it. they'll die either way

Cleircs aren't too bad either. do the same as you did with archer. if they are smart however they will plume shell. if they do, vanish and wait until it's gone. then do it again. you should be able to get them down before the cooldown on plume shell is over. use shadow teleport to stop them as they will likely start running around after you vanish.

BM's i find to be fairly easy too using the same thing. you'll need spark though for sure.
    i do this: 2 spark, wolf emblem, maze steps, tackling slash and tangling mire at the same time, power dash, relentless courage. if you have magic attack apoth pots use on here also. most BM's instinctively roar when surprised thats why you need maze steps. if they are smart they will smack you. run and vanish.

Barb's are easier than BM's. the only hard part about killing a barb is all that damn HP they got. if they arent a beastly HP spewing god you should still be able to win doing exactly what i wrote in the BM part.

Veno's are tricky. if it's HA it's still possible just by doing the same as vs barbs and BM's. though nix bleed typically still kills me depending on the HA veno i'm fighting

Robe veno's are cake. spark, inner harmony, headhunt. dead veno

Wizards are the hardest class to kill i find. they can also be the easiest if you find that guy with his stone barrier down or weak pdef even with it but most wizards now have some decent pdef. also on instinct they will seal you. maze steps wont save you from that.

best bet here is the stunlock combo (use this if you have CoD up on anyone. it's great):

double spark(99 chi left), inner harmony (299 chi), shadow teleport(199 chi left), tackling slash(249 chi), throatcut(149 chi), RDS (299 chi), headhunt (99 chi), slipstream strike, rib strike, twin strike, occult ice (genie skill), slipstream strike, twin strike (only because your skills are on cooldown and it's better than normal swinging with chill up),tackling slash, throatcut.

wizard will still likely die long before this is done, probably somewhere around headhunt, should definitely die by rib strike, this combo will work on any class too, just watch out for people using absolute domain. if you have 3 spark go ahead and use that instead.
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • xxxzumsterxxx
    xxxzumsterxxx Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    well...i been trying the above method but still fail.........here wut i come so far, wonder if it worki...
    1. teleshadow,
    2. maze ste.
    3. throat cut
    4. rising dragon.
    5. harmony
    6. headhunt
    7....so on with other avail att skill.
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    well...i been trying the above method but still fail.........here wut i come so far, wonder if it worki...
    1. teleshadow,
    2. maze ste.
    3. throat cut
    4. rising dragon.

5. harmony
    6. headhunt
    7....so on with other avail att skill.

big chi waste right there. what exactly was failing about the method? did they stop you? or did they have too much HP you couldn't pass their charm?

Killing your target for dummies
    1-1: Can your target use seal?
    1-1.1: Do you have Chill of the deep on?

1-1a. If you answered no, follow the steps below:
    Step 1: have full chi
    Step 2: stand next to victim while in stealth
    Step 3: use death river toxin (wood damage apothecary potion)
    Step 4: use advanced spark (if you are 89+ with 3 spark use that for greater effect)
    Step 5: use wolf emblem
    Step 6: use maze steps
    Step 7: use tangling mire (genie skill)
    Step 8: use tackling slash
    Step 9: use inner harmony
    Step 10: use powerdash
    Step 11: use relentless courage (genie skill)

1-1b: If you answered yes to either question, use the following steps:
    Step 1:click advanced spark (if you are 89+ use triple spark for greater effect)
    Step 2: use inner harmony
    Step 3: use shadow teleport
    Step 4: use tangling mire (genie skill)
    Step 5: use tackling slash
    Step 6: use throatcut
    Step 7: use Rising Dragon Strike
    Step 8: use headhunt
    Step 9: use slipstream strike
    Step 10: use rib strike
    Step 11: use twin strike
    Step 12: use occult ice (genie skill)
    Step 13: use slipstream strike
    Step 14: use twin strike
    Step 15: use tackling slash
    Step 15: use throatcut.

1-2. If your target is smart and uses some form of invulnerability you have 2 choices:

choice 1: can you kill the target without using all the skills listed above? if so stay and kill the target.

choice 2: if you said no to choice 1, use shadow escape and either try again or find a new target.

2-2. Is you're target still alive?

2-2a. If you answered yes, can you kill the target in one or two more hits?

2-2a1. If you answered yes, continue attacking the target until it dies. Proceeed to section 2-2b.

2-2a2. If you answered no, use shadow escape. Find a new target.

2-2b. If you answered no, dance happily knowing you have achieved your goal.

Note: For added effect with 1-1b, use Chill of the deep before starting.

I don't think i can break it down any further than this b:surrender
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Infliction - Raging Tide
    Infliction - Raging Tide Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Sin's really arent a problem for me..Just swing away with GX. The only way my lvl sins manage to drop me is either with spark or using bramble rage.. And barbs arent easier than bms for a sin, barbs have if anything, I know so many 9x sins that cant come close to killing my barb, the massive hp along with some of barbs skills make sin's fairly easy.
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Sin's really arent a problem for me..Just swing away with GX. The only way my lvl sins manage to drop me is either with spark or using bramble rage.. And barbs arent easier than bms for a sin, barbs have if anything, I know so many 9x sins that cant come close to killing my barb, the massive hp along with some of barbs skills make sin's fairly easy.

thats because 90% of sins still suck completely at their class. it's ashame you're on raging tide i'd like to test you.