How long can you keep a weapon and set of armour for(PVE)?

Options
MystiMonk - Sanctuary
MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Cleric
How long can you keep a weapon and set of armour for PVE?I won't be able to replace my armour by the time I turn 80 as well as get new weapon.How good is using a weapon another ten lvls as well as armour.This is for PVE not TW or I wouldn't.

What would you think if I used my tt70 weapon and 70 gear into my 80s.I have used my tt60 against mobs at lvl 76 it may have taken 1 or 2 extra plume shots but got the jop done.My tt70 was damaged at the time.I keep my tt60 as back up.

I am hoping that I can come up with the coin to get my tt90 weapon and gear when I turn 90.I got 3 mill in the bank and 400000+ on me.
Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
Post edited by MystiMonk - Sanctuary on

Comments

• DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    TT70 armor is pretty alright for your 8x's. Some clerics like to use 7x mold armor, which isn't terribly expensive. But you can use your TT70 through 8x easily, TT80's not much better. The wep, you may want to upgrade (depending on your refines/shards, of course)

I find I'm hardly getting hit in my 8xs atm. I also find I'm healing alot more. As long as you can get the job done, you'll be fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    what weapon do u have now?
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    for the most part this all depends on the eq's your using. but just as a general assumption, I'd guess your wearing either TT70, lvl 7x 3*'s, or the lvl 7x legendary mold armor (or some combination there of). and those will all work fine for your lvl 80's. but your weapon you might just want to go ahead and upgrade, somewhat depending on what weapon your using. But for the most part, when I make my first assumptions on a player it's by the weapon they use. And that goes for pretty much any class.
  • Xiiia - Heavens Tear
    Xiiia - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Effect from weapon few level higher on healing isnt that much difference.
    its more of the lvl of the spell, cause that extra 100 or 150 magic aint go to
    save or break the tank. long as you have mana and keep doing ya part.

armor wise you might take extra 8-10% more arcane damage thats about it.
    from little less protection from higher lvl mobs .

On solo mob yes you probably end up hitting them 1-2 times more = you take little more damage.
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Armor that can easily last you until 90 - Sleeves of sea captian, Steppenwolf Lord's Cape, Dark Pants of Hades. The molds for these should all be pretty cheap because of BH/2x event. Use whatever TT/3* you want for helm/boots. At 80 I suggest you get the TT 80 helm, it's pretty good.

Weapon I would upgrade every 10 levels with Twilight Temple.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    Options
    what weapon do u have now?

I am using a Griefs Breath and armour is Genesis.

I have looked at those molds and Sleeves of the Sea Captain maybe in my budget but the others aren't.
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The only thing you really NEED to upgrade is your weapon. I had a cleric friend who levelled along side me and pretty much all of his armor to 90 was either a drop from mobs or something cheap from AH. It didnt seem to make a huge difference in PVE and he levelled fast(but he didnt have any kos or need to go TW like me tho).
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • Aydamn - Lost City
    Aydamn - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Damnit Ahira, why are you always so right?b:infuriated
    I'm sure one day I'll disagree with something you say.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Armor goes much farther in terms of usability than a weapon. You could use your 70 armor through your 80s. However, if it's TT70, I'd switch it out for molds as it becomes financially feasible to do so only because the molds have nicer bonuses (Dark pants and sea capt. sleeves in particular) than the 70 set .

That being said, for PvE purposes, the 70 weapon vs the 80 weapon is not too huge of a difference. Like some said, it might take you a bit longer to kill something but the difference in length is not huge. Your m-attk might be a little lower than if you had the 80 weapon but, again, 200 more m-attk does not automatically make you a better healer/soloer.

Hope that helps b:victory
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I picked up all those molds when I saw them cheap and expect them to last me through farming my TT90 armor. But to be honest the only one I would strongly recommend getting is the sleeves of sea captain for the -6% channel. On DW I have seen them go for as low as 200-250k.

for weapons I would also suggest thinking about green frost weapons. they are relatively cheap and actually have a higher average damage then TT90 though the bonus's are not quite as good. if not that then at 79 you could use a glaives of divinity mold which have also been showing up pretty cheap ~1mil regularly sometimes less. then after you get higher you can go back and farm for whatever TT you need to have to decompose when TT is even easier for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I am using a Griefs Breath and armour is Genesis.

I have looked at those molds and Sleeves of the Sea Captain maybe in my budget but the others aren't.

you should change that weapon. if it was asura sign then you could go tru 80s somehow with it, but grief breath is much 'weaker'

if your averange base mag attack with greif breath is 3905

then with asura sign would be 4330

glavies of divinity would give you 4694

and sword you can make from grief souledge -Endless Ambiguity- would give you 4751

as you can see, those are quite big differences (+18% if you compare grief and endless)

and for armor, just look for cheap drop gear with 3 sockets and nice bonuses (dont have to be 3star always, they are often overpriced)

you need to understand that being 'gold', 'green' or 'mold' dont make gear automaticaly special (they are just bit better than normal parts) important are sockets and bonus adds.

ijs that f.e. there is nothing great in Sleeves of the Sea Captain, but Dark Pants of Hades (70lvl mold) are very nice and only 90 green pants will give better stats
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

• Drakva - Dreamweaver
    Drakva - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I used my TT70 weapon until I was 89 when I could use a requiem blade and it served my PVE purposes just fine. Most of the leveling was in BH, RB, or FC though, so I never actually did any soloing, and I used an Ashura's sign with a few refines, which may explain why it was adequate for so long. Definitely upgrade your weapon when you can--you won't miss a lot but that extra firepower is nice to have just in case.

As for armor, I'd say just use the above tips. Sleeves of sea captain are great to use for a long time. Up until 90, I used some of the rank gear (was very poor b:surrender) and TT70 boots. It worked for me, but again, I didn't solo much and didn't take very many hits. Don't even bother with TT80 armor, as you need to get the mats and decompose your TT70 armor (which if you get 3*/mold gear you'll have to work even harder to get the mats for it or spend money to buy it) and the stats aren't comparably high enough to warrant the effort it would take to get it. You can blaze through those levels quick enough anyway you'll hardly get any use out of that gear.
    Using macros is like drinking...do it responsibly.
    Also, did you know clerics can heal themselves? b:puzzled
    edited April 2010
    Options
    there is nothing great in sea slevess, seriously.. they are just OK if u can get them cheap

• Drakva - Dreamweaver
    Drakva - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Great because they're cheap and their stats are decent for the price. Have to remember the OP doesn't have much cash to get some of the better stuff (which you don't have to nit-pick over so much since it's just PVE). And to the OP: you might find better random drop gear being sold for a cheap price if you're lucky. If so, go for it.
    Using macros is like drinking...do it responsibly.
    Also, did you know clerics can heal themselves? b:puzzled
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I tried to go for glavies of divinity but someone out bidded me on it and I wouldn't mind sleeves of the sea captain not just fot - chan but for the speed boost as well.I do plan on doing some TT in my 80s when I get my mag up some more.

I do get over 4000+ with grief breaths with spirits gift up for the added damage effect.
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i dunno prices on sanct but wouldnt be cost of Endless Ambiguity similar to Glavies?

and dont get sleeves for -chan.
    forget that this stat exist there. im pretty sure that those 6% is pretty much pointless to have in your case

• LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I was did not get a single piece of non-weapon TT gear before level 90. TT70 armour has terrible stats, and TT80gold is not worth it. Just get a good weapon and you're good to go.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Qlngfu - Archosaur
    Qlngfu - Archosaur Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    personlly i dont see any reason to buy sleeves if you didnt already invest a ton money on other -chan gear, wich would be pretty bad since you will out lvl it pretty fastb:surrender
    iam using a lvl 74? sleeve with x2 + 69 Pdef add and a average citrine and that i will highly stick with until tt90b:laugh mold gear is way overrated since you can use drop gear if they got the right adds and resists, most of my equipment is still 5/6x and iam almost 80b:shocked so yea focus on upgrading your weapon, making money and make sure u can survive whatever AoE TT bosses will throw at you.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Plus side of the sleeves; It's a mold equip, which means that you can sell it for the same price (even more if you're lucky/savvy) you got it (without going through hell and back)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I managed to get a Glaive of Divinity I looked at some NPC manufactured armours and found the stats the same as mine.