What does PVP provide?

Options
starfoxeh
starfoxeh Posts: 1 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Arigora Colosseum
If you decide to pvp in a pvp server what is the gain? do all players drop items commonly? do you get special stat points? or is it just red players that commonly drop items?

new to the game and just interested in the answers to those few questions thanks =)
Post edited by starfoxeh on

Comments

• brownflamer
    brownflamer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    starfoxeh wrote: »
    If you decide to pvp in a pvp server what is the gain? do all players drop items commonly? do you get special stat points? or is it just red players that commonly drop items?

new to the game and just interested in the answers to those few questions thanks =)

It provides a challenge....and competition

As well as a feeling of adrenaline.....after a "hard" PK fight

As for dropping......I quit the game when TB came out....so I'm not sure how things have changed since then

Oh...and you can become famous if you're a good PKer b:victory
    PS......I'm half-joking b:mischievous
  • Xprestigex - Harshlands
    Xprestigex - Harshlands Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    if u kill a white name, you get 2 hours of red name, with hours of red name if a player kills you, you can drop your gear and stuf in your inventory.

When you atack or kill a red name (or pink name), you turn pink for a couple mins, you have a 10% chance to drop something in your inventory when your killed, but u can't drop your gear

If you just atack a white name or red name (or pink name) when you don't have hours hours, you turn pink for a couple mins, you have a 10% chance to drop something in your inventory when your killed, but u can't drop your gear

There are ways to prevent droping stuff, dolls (idk what they are called now, someone help me out? and they are expencive to keep red name with), and saftylock (i dont' recomend because its really annoying to deal with), or just dont' kill a white named and only kill people when they are pink or red named (what i reccomend).

and you get nothing specal from pking, besides sometimes stuff from people u have killed, or loseing stuff from people that have killed you. But pking is lots of fun, but be prepaired sometimes for ganks and unfair fights
    Our GMs, which art invisible,
    Hallowed be thy Alma,
    Thy kingdom come, thy will be done in godless valley,
    As it is in fb29.
    Give us this day our daily quest.
    And forgive us our banning,
    As we forgive those who ban us.
    And lead us not into random pk,
    But deliver us from Hell
    For yours is the Perfect World, the power and the glory,
    Untill the server crashes
    Amen.b:thanks
  • MagicWaffle - Sanctuary
    MagicWaffle - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The item used to prevent loosing items is called a Guardian scroll now i think.
    and pk is fun...nuff said
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Name-level/class-faction
    MagicWaffle-71 Wizard-BlackOath
    Kyrozoan-84 Barbarian-None (retired)
    Vertebreaker-55-Seeker-None (retired)
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Safety lock, if you're careful, can prevent you from ever losing items in PvP.

No real advantage you can count on, occasionaly you might get lucky and someone will drop something but it's rare. The real advantage is that it's fun and a break from the boredom of the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Safety lock, if you're careful, can prevent you from ever losing items in PvP.

No real advantage you can count on, occasionaly you might get lucky and someone will drop something but it's rare. The real advantage is that it's fun and a break from the boredom of the game.

instead you drop chi stones!
    xD
    really a bit annoying when that one piece of your gear needs some wacky chi stone.
    ._.'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I've died several times during safety lock while red named, I've only shattered once. And by several times I mean around 30+, so the rate isn't that bad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    Hypnos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,235 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    0.01% chance of getting lunar insignia weapon/ornament,
    0.2% of getting TT mats,
    0.01% of getting scrool of tome/script of fate,
    5% of getting apoth, pots and various crafting mats,
    3% of getting TT armors and weapons
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alliptica - Lost City
    Alliptica - Lost City Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i've lost TTweapons and my **** shattered many times :( only thing i ever won in pvp is pots and DQ items QQ
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    With safety lock, the answer is "nothing"
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum