Tide form?

Options
bananakitty
bananakitty Posts: 2 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
I'm level nine, and was wondering if anyone could give me step by step instructions on how to get the tide form skill... or w/e that skill is called where you can transform into a fish.
Thanks in advance!
Post edited by bananakitty on

Comments

• AeonieX - Heavens Tear
    AeonieX - Heavens Tear Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Once you complete your lvl 9 Spiritual Cultivation quest, it'll be in orange text in your quest log, aswell as being named as your Spiritual Cultivation, this will increase your Cultivation lvl at which point you can go to a Psychic Trainer and get the Tide Form skill. Also it's only useable in water.
    AeonieX - Hybrid Vit Veno 6x
    HarmieX - Pure Mag Psychic 6x
    KyraneiX - Axe/Fist BM 4x
    KyranthoX - Axe Barb 2x
    KyyranthoX - Hybrid Cleric 2x
    AskariX - Pure Dex Assassin 2x
    KyraneiiX - Pure Dex Archer 0x
    AeoniiX - Pure Mag Wizard 0x
  • bananakitty
    bananakitty Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Yeah, the quest with talking to that one guy, which sends you to the hermit that gives you that stone? After that, the quest was finished, and nothing happened...
  • Sangodoc - Dreamweaver
    Sangodoc - Dreamweaver Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    You also have to get the skill from the skill trainer for your class (psychic or assassin.) This requires that you spend a certain amount of Spirit Points (SP) and coin to purchase the skill from the trainer (1,000 SP & 1,000 coin for Tide Form level 1).

You should look at your "character sheet" window to make sure that your cultivation level is "Spiritual Adept" if you want to make sure that you completed your cultivation quest for level 9.

You can find the costs and cultivation levels needed for other skills here:
    http://www.ecatomb.net/pwi/skillpwi.php
  • Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver
    Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I also wouldn't level that skill past 1 or 2, unless you want to swim faster, which will be pointless once you get your wings at level 30. It's there to make you look pretty in the water and maybe swim a tiny bit faster, if you're fond of that sort of thing.
  • Drakva - Dreamweaver
    Drakva - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I suppose the skill was meant to make them good water tanks, however the fact that you can't use any skills while in tide form pretty much quashes any benefits you get out of it. Good for running away in the dragon temple, though.
    Using macros is like drinking...do it responsibly.
    Also, did you know clerics can heal themselves? b:puzzled
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Yeah, the skill is pretty useless, except for when you're doing Treasure missions, and even then....I'd only use it to cover ground. It's SUPPOSED to make use decent water tanks (especially for the Ocean Tusker mission) but let's face it....how many times do YOU go fighting hand to hand combat while you're a mage class? Defense or no defense...it's rather useless.

I'd have much rather prefered some useful ability...like mediation under water.

But however you use it is your call. Good luck.